the Rift

[OPEN] possibilities [Resplendence]

Quilyan Posts: 206
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zarina :: Pygmy Marmoset :: Quantum Leap ChaoticMelodies

But when his heart was lifted up, and his mind hardened in pride...
Quilyan
...he was deposed from his kingly throne, and they took his glory from him.

He is very grateful for the healer that saved his life, for it is only in retrospect that he realizes just how far he had fallen. He is not unfamiliar with Death, the deposed prince, but never has he himself drawn so near His door. Marwolaeth, they called the god of death back home, but here such a name has no place, for this land is ruled by its own strange gods. He himself, though not disbelieving, cannot worship these new gods without guilt, so instead he thanks the Mother - Mhysa, he calls her - for his good fortune. It is a silent appeal, but it is there nonetheless, as he no longer has a godswood in which to worship. He has not seen a forest of many-colored trees since leaving Thor'qui, and he finds that he misses them sorely, though he took them for granted while he was there. The prince is thankful, too, for the mare walking alongside him and for the companion perched on his poll. Without them, he likely would not have lived to see this day.

It is a bright morning, for the sun always seems to be more luminous in Frostfall, and it is brighter still for the reflection upon the waves. The sand is golden beneath his hooves, and though the breeze is chilling, the earth is warm. Waves crash to his right, a soothing sound; to his left, his lady walks. She is beautiful in the sunlight - well she is beautiful always, in his eyes - and he find his gaze locked on her, a dreamy half-smile on his lips. He had never thought to love like this, not before the revolution. He had bedded a different fae every night back then, but this one... This one had captured his very soul from the beginning, and now that he has fought and nearly died for her, he cannot seem to break the spell that she has cast. Not that he tries to. It is a blessing that he has been given; perhaps the gods are making up for his losses by bequeathing upon him the perfect mare. He corrects himself: she may not be perfect, but she is perfect for me.

Zarina stirs, sitting up and yawning rather comically. The breeze ruffles her fur, and she shivers before settling back into a little ball. She, too, has grown to love the fae that is not the prince's mate, though she does not understand what it is that makes this so. By her account, they ought to be mated and done with it already. Though she does not remember her parents nor their lifestyle, by some instinct she believes that mating is for life, and so it should be with her companions. Sensing the thought, Quilyan chuckles softly to himself, his violet gaze softening as he watches Resplendence. He feels reborn, having been healed. They had been ordered to rest, and rest they had, but even still they chose to take it easy. Well, Resplendence had decreed that they would do so; given the chance, Quilyan would soar through the skies with glee. His wings scare her, though, and so he remains firmly on the ground and at her side.

[W/C | ---]
Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

RayoDeSoleil.deviantart.com | Ness8Bit.deviantart.com

Please tag Quilyan in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to plot with Quilyan? Visit his plot page here!

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
and i'd tell that i miss you but i'm sure it doesn't matter at all
He is healed. She was healed. Treated for something she hadn't even taken into account in the process of trying to get him better. They were both alive and well. Though, they would still take it easy. She was not about to have him injure himself again because he felt like showing off. And, honestly, taking it easy was something she didn't mind doing after all. Her mind was no longer plagued with images of death. It was a haunting feeling - the feeling of finally being happy again. She wasn't sure if it was acceptable after having lost her loved one so suddenly, yet she was doing it. Her heart was constantly assaulted by a dull tearing sensation. She felt... whole. That was definitely something she didn't want to fight - something she couldn't bear to lose. It was the first time since she'd lost Ciro that she'd even started to feel as such and every fiber of her being just wanted to be able to move on with life. Perhaps use it to her advantage. The healer had inspired her some. Perhaps she could find a way to heal others emotionally. Deal with the mental scars. It seemed reasonable, no? Perhaps she would confer with a few others to see how that could be obtained.

Shaking her head she forced herself back onto the present, giving a light nudge to Quil's shoulder as she stepped in a bit closer to him. A half-smile exists upon his face, as if he were in some dream world. She doesn't dare force him out of it, instead she peers out at the never ending blue waters. The waves, which had startled her upon first walking on the beach, had come to start to calm the mare. They came on an easy rhythm, something she could count in her head. Something she could count on. And, when she could count on it to continue she was more at ease. It wasn't something jumping out at her. It wasn't something looming close to her that might have the capacity to injure her. It was just there.

A yawn pulled her out of those deep thoughts as she flicked her cranium towards the little one positioned upon Quil's back. Of course, as soon as she sat up to peer out at the world she shivered and ended up curling back up in his mane. She can sense that something funny was connected between the two and she merely shakes her head in dismay. Part of her didn't want to know. Shifting slightly as they continued to walk Resplendence cleared her throat and glanced up toward her knight. "You know a little of my past. Is it alright if I know some of yours?" she murmured. They had grown close enough over this time that she didn't understand why she didn't know more about him. And, she honestly wanted to know. "We can shoot questions back and forth if you'd like? And be as open as possible. If it's too hard to speak about ask another?" she offered, tilting her cranium to the side in a questioning manner.

527 words
N'awww. Adorable couple <3
@[Quilyan]
Credits
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE

Quilyan

"Wings," he warns her, pausing for a moment before stretching his wings out above his head. It feels so good to be able to move them again, even if he is tied to the earth by his lady. She worries for him, though he tells her that she is silly to do so, and though he wishes for nothing more than to take flight (well, except for her happiness), he remains grounded for her sake. Golden feathers flash in the sunlight, shimmering with good health as they extend skyward before pulling against his body once more, settling easily against his withers. The appendages still scare Resplendence, though she seems to have lost the majority of her panic resulting from them, so he does not feel the need to pull them tightly against his body as though to make them disappear. It is altogether much more comfortable.

Resplendence nudges his shoulder gently, and he grins at her, dancing playfully as she withdraws her maw. It is an odd sight, to see such a regal steed prancing in place, forelock cascading rather handsomely over one eye, but there it is all the same. His movements have taken him slightly further from her than he meant to be, and so he returns to her side before reaching out to tug teasingly on her mane. He loves her mane, all glorious ringlets and waves. It is a gentle pull, and he nudges at her side before moving away. Zarina has not moved from his shoulder and is safely out of harm's way as her bonded flails his head about. She would roll her eyes, if marmosets did such a thing, but instead she simply curls up in his mane and sighs dramatically. It is not audible above the sound of the waves, but as the prince knows that she looks down on his antics only in jest, he ignores her.

"You know a little of my past," Resplendence begins with a little cough. She continues to suggest a game of sorts, and he readily agrees. "Of course, my lady. I will tell you anything you want to know, though I must warn you that my past is not all rainbows and butterflies." He reaches out, brushes his maw gently against her cheek, every movement slow and measured so as not to startle her. "I know that you have suffered unspeakable losses, my lady, and for that I am sorry. But know that you are not alone in that regard." His vocals, normally so cheerful and flirtatious, are laced with sadness, and as he pulls away, there is a darkness in his violet eyes that is not usually there. "I'm not quite sure where to start, to be quite honest; is there anything specific that you would like to know, or shall I just begin?"

[W/C | ---]
@[Resplendence]
Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Resplendence
He warns her about his wings and she ducks her head, backing a way a step or two so that they can extend without colliding with her tiny frame. She gave him a tiny smile, watching as the feathers glowed in the sunlight. It was a gorgeous sight if it wasn't for the fact that she could still see the wings as a weapon. A tiny breath out and then she is back at his side with his wings resting up against his withers.

As she bumps his withers he grins, starting to dance in place, forelock resting casually over his eye until she starts to get a bit too far away. When he arrives at her side again he pulls lightly upon her mane, causing the ringlets to bounce back into place. She can see the tiny companion of his still curled up on his shoulder as he continues to move about. Res decided it was time to gather up about his past. It was only fair, so she felt, and she would really prefer to get to know something about the one she had allowed to know about her. No one else would know much about her. And that was fine. She didn't want others to treat her much differently.

He agrees to the game and she manages a smile. "Of course, my lady. I will tell you anything you want to know, though I must warn you that my past is not all rainbows and butterflies," his maw reaching out as she freezes up a little. As soon as it rests upon her cheek she relaxes, letting out the breath which she had been holding in. She knew deep inside her that he wouldn't injure her. But, it was still a struggle to keep her normal skittish ways to a minimum. "No one's past is. Unless they are only a few hours old. And even then that may be pushing it," she whispered in response. He apologizes for her unspeakable losses, says she isn't alone, and when her golden orbs fall upon his she see's a dark mist shrouding them. They aren't necessarily the same as they had been. And she knows he can understand her pain somewhere deep inside. She merely bobs her head, the darkness flickering into her eyes as well as she watches his movements. "Where ever most comfortable. Pushing accomplishes nothing, and I have no specific event to inquire upon," she murmurs in response, gently bumping her maw up against his in a comforting manner. It would all be okay, right?

434 words
poor babies going deeppp
@[Quilyan]
Credits
When I'm ready to fall
With love

Quilyan

Zarina takes note of the proceedings and rises, feeling the anguish within her bond mate. Perhaps once she would have scolded Resplendence for forcing such feelings to rise up within him, but she can also feel the desire to share his history. It is an odd combination of sensations, and she begins to comb his mane with tiny fingers, hoping to provide support. Gratitude flows through the bond, for he is glad for any assistance he can get. No one has asked him to relive his past in the time since he has arrived in Helovia, and it is not an easy thing to revisit. Perhaps he thinks that if he simply does not speak of it, it will go away, or it will never had happened. Perhaps he could pretend that his family is still alive and well in that land far away. But he knows the truth, and soon she will, too.

Her muzzle brushes against his, and the sudden warmth brings a bit of softness back to him. He remembers that he cannot change the past, nor can he allow it to rule his future. "I was born a prince," he begins, weaving a tale as though it is merely a story. If he allows himself to feel it all over, he will be lost. "My land was beautiful, back then, as large as Helovia, with my family ruling it all. I would like to think that my mother and father were kind rulers, though I cannot say as much for sure. They loved me in their own way, but I was raised mainly by a nursemaid, and I saw very little of them. I had six siblings, once, all from the same lineage as I. The royal family mated for life, you see." his gaze roved over her at that, then returned to the ocean. He chose not to mention how he had certainly not mated for life, not back then.

"And then there was the rebellion." He darkens considerably, his voice bitter. "I don't know what started it, really, but then perhaps I was just sheltered. My parents never really instructed me on how to rule the realm, though I was set to inherit it. I resented that, I seem to recall. Anyway, if I had been in the capital that day... I saw the ruins, after. I don't know how anyone of high blood survived, or if they did. My parents, at least, had been murdered -" rather brutally, in fact, but as even he shies away from the memory, he will not place it upon her to suffer "- and several of my siblings. My oldest brother, a year younger than I, had been with me that day, so he escaped alive. And my youngest sister was nowhere to be found. I'd like to think that she survived, but...

"Erigor - my brother - he travelled to Helovia with me, but we were never really close, and we parted ways. I haven't seen him since then. I haven't heard word of him. I assume he's dead, too."
He swallows hard, shaking his head. They had never been close, as he'd told her, but one tends to hold on to the last living shred of one's history. He sighs. "If there is anything more you would know of me, you may ask. I do not wish to hide anything from you."

[W/C | ---]
@[Resplendence]
Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

Resplendence
Resplendence watches the tiny creature. She was certain she was going to be scolded. Her body stiffened a little, prepared for a swat or to be clung upon, but nothing of the sort happened. Instead she could see the creature beginning to finger through his mane in an attempt to calm him. Good. At least the creature could accomplish what Res seemed incapable of.

A prince. He was born a prince. Her eyes widened, stumbling back a second in shock. She managed to snag her footing quickly as he explained how he was raised, her audit perked up showing that she was listening intently. A nursemaid. Mating for life. Everything was so much information. Something she had never come across before. Royalty had never been close to her, nor had she ever actually seen a royal family.

She shifted at the word rebellion. A huge take-over had been what killed off her parents, though before she had grown too close to them. He darkened and she began to deflate. She was easily picturing images of death in her cranium. And she knew he was feeling it too. Destruction and murder floated through her brain as she gently nudged herself up against his frame, poking her head under his wing until her body had weaseled it's way under his wing and her muzzle was massaging his shoulder in an attempt to keep him calm as well. There was absolutely no need for the two of them to be completely and utterly depressed.

Shifting just a little so she was completely pressed up against his side, she peers up at him sadness circling her orbs. He had lost almost all of his family members. It tore at her heart. Images of her little ones circling her head. The pain fresh in her heart as if she had just seen her little ones die. He shook his head, and she can feel him as he swallows to collect himself. Then, a sigh escaping as he asks if she would like to know anything else. Gently she shakes her head. "You don't need to explain that anymore. What were you doing those months between when the foothills got invaded? I had thought you'd died..." she paused, voice low and almost down to a whisper. "You're turn to ask me something as well. Only fair. I can explain my whole history or a specific portion," she said, golden orbs looking up toward him with a tiny sadness flickering through them.

419 words
sadness and cuteness bundled together in one
@[Quilyan]
Credits
When I'm ready to fall
With love

Quilyan

Her responses are what he expected of her. To the news that he was a prince, she stiffens slightly, but that is normal in these lands, for what use of royalty do they have here? The most common reaction was a blank stare though at times some could be condescending. It was a strange new world that he had come to, but he could not help that. He likes to think that he has adjusted well, but in truth he is not entirely sure. He has not been assimilated into herds, has not been asked to follow orders, not really. The defense of the Foothills was madness, not war, and the chaos had brought back too many memories of the anarchic revolution that had driven him from home.

It is not longer home, and this is a fact created not only because the land of Thor'qui no longer existed as it once had, but because his place in the world has been defined. Resplendence has become his guiding light, and it is by her side that he feels needed, wanted, loved. Particularly when she foregoes or forgets or ignores her fear, whichever it is, and weasels her way beneath his wing to press herself against his frame. Desire pools in his belly, for he has not always been interested in that part of a relationship with her, focusing first on keeping her safe, but the day is calm and she is near and they are alright, and so he must push aside the masculine urges that shame him as much as they once enthralled him.

Her gaze is sad, as though she feels his pain, and his heart goes out to her, for it is he that has caused this fresh well of emotion. She speaks softly, and he turns his head to brush his maw along her forehead, down to her muzzle and then away, but not far. Never far. "My lady," he murmurs, "I have no desire to force you to relive your past, though I would know anything you wish to tell me. Perhaps you could tell me about the land that you are from?" He tries to avoid anything that will upset her, desperately wishing to remove the anguish from her orbs.

[W/C | ---]
Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

Resplendence
Res shifted a little as he ran his maw across her forehead, resting for a second on her muscle and then away. Something about the land she was from. She didn't say anything for a while, contemplating the different memories that could be explained and drawn into a delicately wound story for his ears to listen to.

She took a deep breath in and glanced up at him. "I was born in a small nook away from royalty. We had four, four who had gained immortality. One, though, wanted to take everything over. Her started a war - a huge war - but I was too sheltered to realize it was going on. My parents didn't want me out there, since I was born missing an ear. They knew I would be picked on, I would be ridiculed, and with the hearing lacking a little it just wasn't safe." A tiny sigh escaped her maw as her ear twitched, lowering for a second in dismay before she started to speak up again. "Anyways. I lived there for three years, almost four. Then the war finally hit the area. My parents - I don't know what happened to them. I assume they died giving me a chance to flee. I ran. I ran and never looked back. But, being so secluded only aided in me being afraid of everything. A month or two into my run I met Ciro. We were together for a year or so, maybe a little more. I started to realize that not everything was dangerous. I started to get used to the world out here. But. Then." she broke off shaking her head. "You know how I lost them... And... then after about a year and a half I'm here" she said, resting her head up against his shoulder.

309 words
da poor bby
@[Quilyan]
Credits
When I'm ready to fall
With love

Quilyan

For a pair with vastly different upbringings, they had strangely similar pasts. It would be odd, if one stopped to think about it. What were the odds that two total strangers would be so alike? What were the odds that they would meet? That they would come to care for one another? The prince has never believed in true love, but he begins to in this moment, for what other explanation would there be except that there was someone out there meant for him? That Resplendence was created, was put through the trials she had endured for the sole purpose of becoming exactly what he needed? He hadn't believed it, not back then, not back when he flirted with a different mare every day, not back when his parents didn't seem to care about anything in particular, least of all him.

But now everything is different.

He pulls gently with his wing, holding her closer. He feels her pain, completely and utterly, and he wants to take it from her. They have stopped walking, though in truth he cannot remember when it happened. "I'm sorry, my lady. The loss of one's family is never easy, whether it was the one you were born into or the one you acquired later." He thinks back to when he thought her lost and shivered. "You asked me what I was doing after the Foothills. I was searching for you. I refused to stop until I found you. I thought... I thought you were dead."

[W/C | ---]
Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

Resplendence
Resplendence shifted a little. It was amazing how much alike they were. It was something she could connect with. And it was something that gave her a bit of comfort. To know she wasn't alone. To know it would all be okay. She feels him pulling her up closer with his wing. She can feel each breath he takes. She can feel each beat of his heart. She feels connected. It's something she'd missed.

He speaks of his sorrow and she merely bobs her head, peering up as she feels his body shiver. And then he answered. How he had refused to stop until he had found her. Thinking she was dead. "I thought you were dead too. You might as well had been with how sick you were." she whispered before letting out a small sigh. "But, enough of the sadness. We are both together and well. That is all that matters," she explained before slipping out from under his wing. Prancing a few steps forward she steps into the water before giving a nick buck and splashing a nice-sized wave toward his frame. "Come! Let's play!" she called, the water lapping around her legs and spreading her tail out around her in ringlets. Swaying and traveling around her frame so that she seems to have a small floating rig - which might have been the case had her hair been braided together. Quietly, she swam a little farther out and ahead of him, a smirk on her face as she glanced over her shoulder. No words left her this time, just a flick of her ear as she waited to see if he would join her.

284 words
n'awww. cuteness back <3
@[Quilyan]
Credits
When I'm ready to fall
With love

Quilyan

He pulls her closer once more, then releases her, pulling his wing carefully up and out of the way. Her words are true, of course, and he nods, a small smile sweeping artfully across his features. "You are, of course, correct, my lady." As she plunges into the waves, he watches for a moment, his head tilted handsomely to one side, his bi-colored mane flowing in gentle waves just past his shoulder. Violet orbs caress each line of her bodice, thoroughly enjoying this newly playful side that she is showing. Zarina, intercepting his intentions, scurries rather quickly along his back and slides down his tail, chittering to herself darkly, most likely about these large creatures and their attractions to oversized bodies of water.

The prince obeys with a grin, admiring the way that her mane and tail floated behind and around her. It was almost as though she were an island all on her own, and he quickly strikes out after her. The water is not as high on him as it is on her, but he has to swim nonetheless, his wings spread to either side to act as floatation devices of sorts. As he approaches her, he leaves a good deal of space between then before flapping his wings, pushing his front end from the water and sending a great cascade of water in her direction before settling back down, a smirk on his face. It is a great game, to splash around and chase each other, and with that in mind he turns from her, swimming away as though in some rather damp game of tag.

@[Resplendence]
[W/C | ---]
Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

Resplendence
Resplendence laughed as he started to swim out toward her, wings out like flotation devices. He leaves her a good deal of space before rearing up and splashing her with a ton of water. She shuddered a little bit, coughing a bit as she pushed the water out of her nose. She shook her head once she could fully breath and let out a small laugh. Then, she started off after him, legs churning with the water as she swam her way heading back towards shore. When she caught up with him she spun around and kicked out again, sending one last splash toward his frame.

And then, she was exhausted. Her muscles strained from swimming when she hadn't in a while. With trembling legs she pulled herself ashore, frame collapsing instantly at waters edge. Her hair curling up around her bodice in an attempt to dry out in the colder sun. A few seconds later she had her head upon her legs with her eyes closed, sun bathing. She was still trembling a little from the cold, but was too exhausted to stand up and shake off the water that was upon her coat. It only took a minute or two for Quil to see her and then trot on over toward her. His frame collapsing beside her as he curled up around her. His wing spread out, warning her that he was stretching it out, And then, it wrapped around her frame, acting as a little heating area for her as she slid off into sleep.

258 words
thread finished <3
Credits
When I'm ready to fall
With love