the Rift

A Child [Any god]

Tares Posts: 74
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3 hh :: 38 months
Alex

The night is dark and surprisingly cold by the time I reach the veins. I've left Aure behind, unsure as to whether or not she will follow. Around me, Arbutus flits gaily, his flames alighting the night and reflecting off the rocks around us. Gently I lower myself to touch the earth, relief flooding through my knees and hocks as I do so. Even in this dark night, so far from Isilme, I feel their presence still. My eyes shut with a certain bliss afforded by the silence and stillness of the night. It has been some time since I have seen my gods- I remember the moment in the Frostpine where Father Fox first appeared to me upon the lake, and recall the many blessings afforded to me by my mother Goddess the Phoenix. Now at last I may see them once more.

They say the gods of earth, moon, and sun are the only patrons of this land, but I feel a stirring in my breast, and hope for one glimpse of my protectors. But to allow for a miracle... that is my ultimate goal. For the love I have with Aure is stronger than any I've felt, but nature limits us.

Each time I see her eyes, I picture them now in the face of a foal. My affection spreads beyond Aure as I feel the stirring within me to become a mother, and to show a child that the world can be better than it was for me. To bring life to this world and then bring beauty and kindness to it... there is no greater gift. And so I lower my head and lie in wait, with gentle prayers spoken beneath my breath and a young phoenix resting at my side.

[[Tares will be praying here to the Gods of Light and Fire from Isilme, as she still worships them, hope that doesn't cause a problem. She comes seeking an immaculate conception of sorts- she wishes to carry Aure's child, but neither would like to change genders for the ordeal. I have a hybrid slot I intend to use for this.]]

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

Earth God

The ground rumbles and shakes as the great bay stallion steps forth from his shrine. "Rise, Tares." He says, his voice gravelly yet calming. The corners of the great god's eyes crease as he smiles at the young mare "You wish for a child." He understands the desire, to an extent, that a mare has to become a mother. What he doesn't understand completely is why Tares would choose to come to the Veins of the Gods and pray for one rather than find a nice stallion and breed in the in the Grove as most normal couples did.

"There is nothing wrong with you. You are not infertile." His brow creases as he delves into the mare's mind and searches for her reasoning. "I see." He says as he comes to an understanding. She desired a foal with another mare, something that went against the very makeup of their bodies. The bay stallion smiles once more. "You do understand the responsibility that comes with creating a child, don't you Tares?" He questions.

Deceased
Alex

My disappointment is slight, and I make sure to keep it off of my expression. To ask for my own gods to arrive is selfish. They rest so far from this land it is unlikely they even watch the earth here. The possibility that they are gone, however, is too much for me to consider. Too many tragedies have struck me, to lose even the gods... No, I will remain in denial for some time longer.

And so when the Earth god arrives, sending quakes through the ground and alerting Arbutus to the point where he begins to fly around me in nervous circles, I stand and bow respectfully. I prepare myself to speak my request, but it seems he has already delved into the depths of my thoughts. He seems gentle, and in his kind voice I find reassurance that what I desire may be attainable.

He asks of me the most important question, and even before speaking I nod solemnly. "Guardian of the earth, sir," I add awkwardly, "I've seen a mother at her worst and was raised at the heels of a villain. I shall not repeat her mistakes. This child, my child, if it is meant to come into this world, shall know only love."

Helovian Ancient
Admin

Earth God

The God of the Earth listens to the young mare as she explains her childhood outside of the confines of Helovia. He frowns as she describes being raised at the heels of a villain. There is darkness in the girl, he can sense it but there is darkness within ever being that resides within Helovia. She promises that the child would know only love and the Earth God nods his massive head to her.

"I will grant you your request, but only if you truly love the mare you wish to have this child with. Foolish infatuation will only ruin his childhood." He says this gently, yet there is a sternness to his voice. "If you truly wish to have a child then it must be you who carries it and you must live within the borders of the Foothills during your pregnancy. Once you birth the foal, if you wish to go back to the Dragon's Throat, then you may, but only after the child has gained enough strength." The God sighs and shifts his massive wings. "You must keep your promise to raise the child with love. If you do not then I will remove him from your care." He believed that Tares would heed his warning, but he had been wrong before.

Deceased
Alex

With delicate attentions I listen to the Earth God's request, my long black tail catching the slight night breeze which brings my beard flying up across my neck. My yellow eyes watch the great being with care as he speaks to me in a deep and soulful voice, and I hang on each word that is flung from his lips. He gives me the task of loving Aure, and I know with certainty that it will be no challenge. He tells me that I must carry the child, and I internally nod, accepting what I had already assumed to be true. And then, the last request- I must live in the foothills during my pregnancy and the foal's first few days.

There is a slight hesitation as I realize that this will separate me from Aure, but I'm certain she'll understand the weight of the situation and the importance of carrying out his task. I pause only for moments before nodding and answering in a soft, humbled voice, "I will do all that you ask of me." Arbutus seems wary of the massive being, and lands upon my shoulders with a fearful stance as he hides within his fiery wings. I nuzzle him lightly before turning back to the God and looking at him with utter respect. His blessing for this child is a gift, and I shan't forget it.

Helovian Ancient
Admin

Earth God

She speaks once, promising to do what all that he asked of her and the Earth God thinks that she is worthy of being blessed with a child. He flares his wings out and turns his head. From his feathers he retrieves a silver chain and vial. The vial is filled with a opalescent fluid. The stallion steps forth and puts the chain over the mare's neck before stepping back to look at her.

"Spend two nights in the Secret Grove with the one you wish to have a child with. On the second night drink the contents of the vial." He instructs Tares. "At sunrise you may leave, but you must go to the Foothills. Seek out Gossamer the Benevolent. Tell her that I sent you to live there for the duration of your pregnancy. Should she have any questions she knows where to find me." The Earth God smiles at Tares once more before the wind blows a cloud of dust between himself and the mare. When it clears the god is gone, leaving not even a hoof print on the ground.

Deceased
Alex

The task had been assigned and the terms were clear. With certainty I nod in response, and bow once more as a gesture of respect. Cautiously and curiously, Arbutus peeks out from behind his wings to look the massive god in the face, and I wonder instantly what he is feeling. Does he know my unbridled joy, does he thank the God as much as I? Likely not, but they speak of the bond as if it is sharing the same soul... I push the thought aside and refocus on the God of the Earth, who stands humble despite being so tall and powerful above me. The chain settles upon my neck as he gently places it over my head, and I feel the weight of the vial hit my chest with a firm understanding of its significance. I will not have lied to this being- I will keep my promise and love the child until the end.

"I understand, great being. Thank you for your gift," I reply in hushed tones, feeling somewhat subdued by the night. Around me the world seems to fade into nothingness, and the veins becomes all that I can feel around me. But I know I cannot stay- with one last glance and another bow for good measure, I turn from the God and leave him alone in the night, wondering faintly and curiously if he has ever been a mortal like me.