the Rift

[OPEN] back n' back again

Amara Posts: 136
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sameira :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire dark

I was back.

Again.

Something within me had simply told me to come back. A little voice that sounded a lot like my mom's told me there was something special that was waiting for me. Of course, I was a little scared at first. I mean, I'm a young foal, so of course I was a little suspicious of this tugging feeling, but it had gotten the best of me.

I wandered a worn trail to the Heart this time, making sure I remembered to take the correct turn. I had ended up somewhere that hadn't been the beach last time.

I trod through the grass my eyes flickering, trying to spot something interesting. I led myself to the edge of the pit, gazing into it as heat rose high above head and into the sky. I made sure to leave early, so that I would (hopefully) arrive home by late afternoon. At least, this is what I hoped to do.

As I bore my gaze into the edge of the flaming pit, I noticed a small, black thing that glimmered as it teetered from the edge. I squinted, trying to see what it is. Perking my small ears forward, I hear nothing from that direction. My eyes widened and I began calling, a gentle coo. I didn't even realize I was cooing a little song my mother had sung me in one of my dreams. (I assumed it was an animal of some sort). The small thing didn't move, so I walked closer to it.

My heart fluttered as I realized this was an egg of some type. I watched as the egg rocked dangerously close to the pit, unable to balance. I didn't want to get burned trying to grab the poor thing, but I didn't want someone else to get it. So, with caution I stooped down, trying to push the thing forward with my chin. Gently I rolled it away from the edge, nuzzling it. The egg stayed still, it was a dark grey with blue and gold striping. The egg sat there, unmoving. I took a small step back, a little confused. I nudged it away from the edge, and away from me, prepared to leave it and allow its mother to find it. Sighing, I narrowed my eyes. It would be wrong to leave an egg here all alone. I inhaled, and finally decided that I would take the egg and keep it as my own. I placed myself on the ground next to the egg, slowly unfolding my right wing. I attempted to scoop it up, but failed. Frowning, I struggled to pick it up. This time, my wing wrapped around the egg like a blanket. I held the egg and loosely tucked it in my wing, where it was warm. Sighing, I decided it was about time I headed home. But I knew I was forgetting something... oh yes! A name for the little egg. I was able to see the glimmering surface of the egg through a small gap between my shoulder and my wing, and I smiled at the egg. Sameira, that is what the name of whatever popped from the egg would be. Yes, I liked that name. I grinned and then continued on, making sure the egg was safe in my wing before heading home.

"Talk talk talk."

[[I was told by Aud to make a thread with Amara discovering Sameira's egg, so here it is. I hope I did everything right. And I've already posted in the Updates. :3]]

Image Credits

Donai Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

DONAI

The Leopard

I made it, I made it! It was one hell of a walk but I made it! I creped into the heart of Helovia, where the snow had altogether disappeared. It was an incredibly risky journey, but I made it! My weak legs welcomed the land as walls of snow and ice turned to dirt and shrubs of long, dried grass, my heart ached as it painfully reminded me of home here. I was hoping to escape the worst of the winter’s biting cold, still being dangerously under weight, constantly hungry, and further more unsuited for cold temperatures as a general species.
My steps loosened up from the cautious tip toe I was forced into under the snowy conditions, to an eased glide across the warm surface. Up ahead the sea of grass grows taller, into a fortress that seemed to reach for the stars, it was a welcoming sight but also somewhat suspicious… kind to think of it I don’t believe I’ve ever encountered grass this tall. Never the less I enter the fortress, the grass cloaking my body from any prying eyes. The only chance of being spotted would be if you were higher than the grass and able to see the small cluster of grass stalks moving around apart from the rest of the sea of grass. I looked to the sky briefly, what little visual opening the grass did provide was then invaded by clouds of smoke and debris from the heart of Helovia. Perhaps not as visually pleasing as what you would see else where, but at least my energy would no longer go into fueling my body temperature and I can focus on more important matters. Food.

After walking a good length of the territory I finally mustered up the nerve to approach the heart, as the grass began to thin I suddenly detected the sound of someone’s voice, slowing my gait and keeping my body low to the ground I crept towards the sounds of the voice. Bracing the opening of the grass my ears perked forward and my heart came to a jolting stop, I was not expecting to find much life here especially a lonely foal. I sat frozen in the grass watching the foal, it seemed to be trying to carry a young something I wasn’t too sure, but I really didn’t care. Tendrils of drool began to drizzle from my jowls as I began to salivate, my stomach cramping with starvation.

But I noted to myself just where it is I live, the small game of rabbits and vole I’ve been catching were barely enough to get me by but just how much trouble might I get into for taking one of their own? I belonged to a family with strict laws but…
Lifting my head ever so slightly, my ears turned back and forth, I firmly scanned the area. Yes, there’s no one else here. No defensive herd members, no mother for this youngster. Maybe… no one would notice?
My tongue brushed over my chops wiping the slobber hanging from them, well, maybe when I’m completely finished I could just toss the bones into the volcano. Yes! Then if anyone asks well… she fell in! Yes! It’s fool proof!

My heart now raced, threatening to burst from my chest, calm down ol’ girl, I tried to reassure myself. Quietly and very slowly, I crept forward, keeping low to the ground, my eyes fixed on the prey in front of me, my pupils dilated. I got within feet only feet of the foal, my limbs curled close to my body, the tip of my tail twitching. I prepared my pounce. Two steps forward…

I charged….

I don't really have any plan past this or any solid intentions on killing anyone's character, so basically if you anxiously poke in an adult for protection I am ok with this. I'm just struck with leopard muse :O

Home free, me and my egg. At least, for those few minutes. As I walked on, I didn't see or hear the creeping leopard. I suppose my instincts kicked in, for as soon as the leopard was within a few steps of me, I flicked my ears back and slowly turned around. What I didn't expect to see was a large cat, speckled and ready to spring. But at what?

Oh, well, since it was facing me, that was a little obvious. It was ready to pounce.

On me.

I have screamed plenty of times before, but never this loud. Never had I screamed with such force, that I was afraid my lungs would either leap from my body or burst. I let out the shrill scream, my eyes widening. I leaped backwards, spinning on my heels. I clenched my teeth and kept my poor little egg closer to me, making sure it wouldn't fall and crack open. I continued screaming, gasping once or twice. My body was shaking slowly, and my eyes were beginning to tear up. Was this the end for me? I had only had three months to live so far, and if I was to die now, well, that would be very sad.

Although I did want to join my mommy, I wasn't ready just yet. I wanted to know all that I could, I wanted to feel the freedom of soaring through the skies. I gasped again, cutting my scream short by a few seconds. Slowly I began screaming again, not as loud as my last series of screams. I screamed for my mommy and my daddy. Then I started screaming for Cosette, although her name came out as 'Cooosittt' while I screamed. I spun back around to face the big cat, fear slowly swallowing me. I wanted someone to help me.

I wailed some more, my eyes releasing thousands of tears. I kept crying and wailing, my mouth going dry. I continued to scream despite my lungs beginning to weaken. I reeled backwards before halting and rearing up, still screaming. I began screaming for the creature to go away, although it was of some difficulty, seeing as how I'm just a child. What came from my mouth as I screamed was, 'AWAAAAAAYYYYY MEEEEE NO WANNNTTTT!'. I tried to act tough, but couldn't. I was too scared to do anything. Screaming some more, I coughed and spat up a little blood. (I suppose that's what I get for screaming so much.) I gasped, and flung myself farther from the cat. Now I was running on fear, for I had tired myself out crying and screaming and flailing about. I watched the cat, slowly making my way away from it.

I wanted to live.

"Talk talk talk."

Image Credits

Irrydae Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: Seven
paddeh

Irrydae
"What do I seek? Why, isn't that a secret?"
"Maybe you'll find out in time - maybe I, will find out in time."

Purple lids open over golden orbs riddled with sleep. They glance over at the pool where she had once seen the Earth God, though she had gotten no answer this season. A small sigh escaped her lips as she stood up. Hooves clicked against the stone floor of the cave as she emerged, the cold instantly creeping along her figure in fingers of ice and wind. Irrydae shrunk back from the cold, looking back at the warm shelter of her pool.

The purple brushed mare was soon numb to the cold, a steady crunch of snow underneath her as she trekked past the boarder of the Foothills. Frost and ice crystals started to freeze upon her skin, eyes dark and cloudy- so unusual for her. A howl in the distance caused her ears to turn up, face wary and exhausted as she continued on, paying no mind to it.

It took longer then it should have to see the flames and heat waves in the distance, cracked lips spreading into a smile as her spirits rocketed up. Her head pulled up, wings pressed firmly against her side as she picked up speed, the depth of the snow lowering until there was nothing. A few sprouts of green grass poked through and Irry greedily plucked them away from the ground, savoring the taste.

And finally, she could be silent. The star kissed mare walked slowly, no sound as she reached the Heart, wings falling from her sides and with it, stardust. She basked in the heat, eyes closing as sleepiness started to seep through her. She awoke abruptly with a tiny voice, golden pools alert and bright as she poised herself. Irrydae quietly made her way around the pit, hairs standing up on end as she saw the foal. There was something off, though. She saw it a mere second before it leaped.

An ear splitting scream erupted from the throat of the fae, anger flashing in her eyes. Instinctively, she pushed her wings out and snapped them forward, hurling stars and stardust at the spotted figure. The scent hit her and she calmed slightly, though not enough to call her magic back to her. Not seeing if the stardust hit the leopard, she suddenly found her voice. "DONAI!" The filly was bolting the other way now, and she saw blood come from the mouth of the filly. Adrenaline sprouted in Irrydae as she barreled towards the cat. "Stop! Stop!" Her voice was not soft or understand as usual, but a shriek of panic and anger as she jumped in front of the cat. If it chose to lunge, it would not hit the filly, but the star mare.

"talk talk talk"
[ ooc ; so your choice if the magic hits him or not. If it does the effects are fatigue/energy being drained from him and your choice of physical harm or not, as it's being hurled at him pretty powerful-ey(sp?). I also give permission for Donai to attack Irry if he was planning on pouncing on Amara, she'll just be pretty pissed. I pretended she knew his name because she has seen him in the herd and what not, but I can take that out if needed c: ]

[Image: wu5k41.png]
please tag irry in every post! magic & aggression allowed w/o death

Unregistered

DONAI

The Leopard

My head seemed to spin as the piercing shriek of the baby was enough to throw my gate off and my first strike missed. The intensity of that shrill scream popped an ear drum I think, this youngster clearly hasn’t heard anything about the flight or fight response. Caught up on the foal I made one last epic leap, my arms opened in aim to catch the rump of the baby. Yes! Here it is! The biggest meal I’ve had in weeks! The adrenaline surged through me!

But just as my claws had barely grazed the hairs on the foal, out of nowhere came the strangest sound I’ve ever heard FOOOOOOOOZZZZZZZZ!!
The world around me light up and for a moment time had completely stopped, then came the sound of thunder and the next thing I know I’m knocked almost 10feet in the air and I came crashing to the ground in a ball of smoke.

For a moment I laid on the ground, the wind completely knocked out of me and I gasped for air. Breathe… Breathe… BREATHE. I chanted in my head, finally taking in a big gulp of air and my chest inflated. I slowly lifted my head, my vision spinning. I could make out the blurred figure of two large purple winged horses that slowly merged together to one. The voice of the culprit echoed in my head ”Donai!”
I might’ve been angry or panicked but the dazzle of those beautiful purple feathers on that gorgeous sparkling… Oh hell those feathers are just breathtaking, that is all…
Pulling myself out of the trance I propped myself up, my ears were still ringing from the shock of it all. I looked at the ground ahead of me where… whatever that was—had hit, the ground was obliterated. A large empty pothole where the projectile had exploded rubble at over the place, leaving behind a bit of char just from the impact of the force and smoke rising from the hole. The aftermath of the damage.
It didn’t hit me, but then clearly it didn’t have to, there goes one of my nine lives.

My head finally coming together I looked up at the mare standing over me, still screaming her bloody head off, ”Stop! Stop!” All I managed to do was yell ”I stopped! I stopped!” and with a grunt of pain I cringed back from the mare. Thoughts of the foal came back to me but that chance was well gone, then a sudden realization hit me. That mare knew my name somehow?? I examined her closer, I hadn’t really ever had a good look at her, but the smell lofting off of her sent a shiver to my paws. I could detect the faint smell of Ophelia, the one who ruled my very home. This is a Grey member, ”Oh shit…” I faintly whispered.

Collecting myself I rolled to my belly and nervously scoot back from the mare, I waited for her to say something. Cause I know I sure had nothing to give her.

AMARA
We are the ocean, pushing and pulling others to us

Alright, so after my 'scream fest', I saw a shimmer of purple and the screaming of a mare. I watched as a mare seemed to appear. She was brown, but her body and her wings were dazzled in purple. And she was surrounded by pretty stars. I admired her coat and her massive wings. It happened all so fast, she appeared just as the cat was leaping at me.

I braced for impact, prepared to die and be eaten. I pressed my egg even closer, although careful not to crush it. I heard something whiz towards me and the cat. After a few seconds, I forced my eyes open. Much to my surprise, the cat was laying on its side gasping, her eyes wide. A large, charred and smoldering spot was dangerously close to her. My metallic eyes widened to a point and I glanced at the purple fae. She had run between me and the cat while I had shut my eyes. I glanced at her, my eyes looking over her. She was pretty, it looked like the night sky was wrapped 'round her body in a pretty manner. I watched closely, my eyes tracking whatever moved.

I opened my mouth in a small 'o' shape, then closed it. ”Thanksss yooou! You save... mee n' Sameiraa!” I grin, nodding my head in thanks. 'Course, I can't exactly talk correctly, but hey! Here was my attempt. I angled my wing so that if the mare turned around, she would be able to see a small bit of Sameira's egg. I grinned, adjusting my wing back to its default position before walking to the mares' side and gazing at the leopardess. She whispered something I did not hear, and she stared at Ms. Purple Lifesaver. (That's what I shall call her for now, since I don't know her proper name. And she saved my life!) I gazed at the cat as she rolled onto her tummy and scooted away from Ms. Purple Lifesaver. I snickered, mainly because I thought she was afraid of her. Maybe the leopardess was afraid of Ms. Purple Lifesaver? I stood by her side, my eyes settled on the feline predator. One question lingered.

Why had it tried to kill me?

I was pretty sure no one held a grudge against me, at least, not one big enough to kill me because of it. So why had the leopardess tried to attack me? Maybe it saw me as food. I shivered, thinking about that for another few moments.

”Talk talk talk.”

[[Thank you so much paddeh! <3]]

Image Credit

Irrydae Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: Seven
paddeh

Irrydae
"What do I seek? Why, isn't that a secret?"
"Maybe you'll find out in time - maybe I, will find out in time."

The adrenaline still pumped through her body, chest rising and falling violently as she catches her breath and stares straight into the leopard's eyes. Nares flare, eyes narrowed slightly as she stares at it's emancipated body. I could have killed her. That had not been her intention, just to save the foal. 'I stopped! I stopped!' A heavy sigh escapes through my mouth as I try to calm myself. "What the hell were you thinking? That killing an innocent foal would go unnoticed? That it would be okay? I'm disappointed, Donai. I don't see killing foals as something to just toss aside. Though, it's lucky I got here in time." She paused to look at the foal who stood at her side. She then saw the egg. Irrydae smiled at the foal, but sadness gripped her inside. Would she ever get her own companion? It seemed everyone was managing to get their own.

The fae then turned her head back to Donai, who had gotten onto her stomach and stepped back away from her, and heard a snicker from the foal at her side. Irrydae glanced back and smirked at the filly. "If you are hungry, then we should go find you some food. I might be of aid." Irry shakes her wings slightly and stardust falls around her legs. "If this ever happens again, I will not stop to listen to excuses and go tell Ophelia or Ktulu, who I'm sure would not tolerate it. I am glad you chose a home in the Foothills, Donai, but I am disappointed to call you a herd member right now." Her mouth turned down slightly, face showing her disappointment. 'Thanksss yooou! You save... mee n' Sameiraa!' Irry turned so she could see them both at the same time and nudged the foal with her maw softly. "You're welcome. My name is Irrydae, by the way. Or you can call me Irry." She grinned at the foal, then reached her head forward to whisper in her ear. "I only let my friends call my Irry." Irrydae winked at her as she stepped back.

"I think you owe someone an apology." It was like talking to a little kid. "Then maybe we should go find you some food." Her voice was lighter now, but she was still wary of the leopard. Hunger controlled a lot of the cat's instincts, and Irry wanted to be ready if it were to still attack.

"talk talk talk"
[ ooc ; Donai still has the choice of attacking Irry, if you'd like. Otherwise -shrug- ]

[Image: wu5k41.png]
please tag irry in every post! magic & aggression allowed w/o death

Unregistered
OOC: As much as you seem to want my leopard to tear into your character, realistically even a healthy leopard would have trouble taking down a full grown healthy horse. Though this is a fantasy rp cite there are physical limits, Donai currently wouldn't really stand a chance. She specially wouldn't attack another Grey member :) Sorry

DONAI

The Leopard

"What the hell were you thinking?”

What the hell was I thinking indeed, my ears flattened out and dipped my head to over my snout with a paw, letting it slide off my face as the enraged plume of purple pixie dust let her lungs go on me.

”That killing an innocent foal would go unnoticed? That it would be okay? I'm disappointed, Donai. I don't see killing foals as something to just toss aside. If you are hungry, then we should go find you some food. I might be of aid.”

You’re not the dying of starvation, was all I could think of. Thought I wasn’t sure which hurt more, my throbbing in my back leg or my pride because I’d been caught trying to eat one of their own. And then to add insult to injury the mare offered to feed me. All I could do was turn my head, my ears flat on my skull and a look of self loathing on my face.

"If this ever happens again, I will not stop to listen to excuses and go tell Ophelia or Ktulu, who I'm sure would not tolerate it. I am glad you chose a home in the Foothills, Donai, but I am disappointed to call you a herd member right now."

I paused as she said that, her words burning into me. I wasn’t entirely sure what to feel just then, granted she was “family” she is also someone I have never met, I wasn’t sure what this meant for me and I remained a bit confused. I still don’t understand what happened… the foal was right there in my paws and then KABOOM! It was baffling me.
I looked to the foal as it giggled at me, taunting rather. Not that I had any personal hate towards the foal having failed at killing it, but I choked out a very quiet and pitiful “sorry”. What else was I going to do though? In my condition against her unbridled strength I didn’t stand much chance, there was little room to argue. Upon the mare’s offer I pushed myself slowly to my feet, if it’s not horse I’ll be eating tonight what exactly does she plan on feeding me. I stood calmly, keeping my mouth shut and my head low, I was walking on very thin ice…

AMARA
We are the ocean, pushing and pulling others to us

So nice Ms. Purple Lifesaver started scolding the big spotted kitty, and I held back more laughter. It was so amusing to watch a big cat like that get scolded by a pretty mare. She had a stern gaze . The mare turned to me and smiled, nudging me with her maw. She told me to call her Irry, for only her friends called her Irry. I smiled, my metallic eyes bright as I watched the starry mare. Was she.. was she calling me a friend? I squealed and grinned, staring at Irry. She was very pretty compared to me and my dull coat. I mean, she had pretty, sparkly stars while I was stuck with a dull coat.

She turned back to the cat and demanded that the leopardess apologizes. Grinning, I puffed out my chest and waited for an apology from the kitty.

What a disappointment!

I barely heard the leopardess as the half grumbled, half whispered the apology. But oh well, I doubt I'd get another apology from this predator. I perked my ears, straining to understand what the predator said. I flicked my ears back, glaring at the cat. I decided to push it off, and I bowed my head. ”Well... thaank yoouu Irry.” I looked at the leopardess and spat, ”bad kitty!” I turned away, and trotted off. My first friend from out of the pirate band! My stomach flipped and I was smiling so much. I headed away from them, leaving the two members of the Foothills to themselves. I looked back, remembering Irry and her evil kitty friend.

I hoped to see them (actually, just Irry) soon.

”Talk talk talk.”

[[Amara out]]

Image Credit