the Rift

[OPEN] Sit With Me On My Death Bed

Voodoo Posts: 231
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Eight :: Birdsong HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ouija :: Arctic Fox :: None Nevada

My skin is bruised, my mind is bent and chattering uncontrollably. What was I doing? Wandering, it seems. They mumbled to themselves in my head, keeping me company even though I was not included in the conversation. Images of gore; horrifying blood splatters and intestines rolled behind closed eye lids with every millisecond long blink. The things I had witnessed as a foal.. They would follow me forever. Haunting my dreams and nightscapes. Along with the images came the family of demons that constantly chirped in my skull. Also, I was cursed without the ability to taste. While others looked forward to the droplets of fresh dew on sweet Birdsong grass in the mornings, I looked forward to sleeping. But that had nothing to do with my history, that was just genetic luck.

Tired eyes stared forward, looking at nothing. My body quivered, the muscles twitching in order to not freeze. Eerie silence fell around me, the ocean seeming so far away, though I could see the blue clash of waves below my indirect gaze. Why was I cursed to feel this way? What had I done wrong? Why was I clashed with this bloody coat? The fight between Mauja, the king of my own home land, and I danced in my head. They became silent as if a movie had begun, soaking up and enjoying every piercing of flesh between teeth, blood oozing from either of our bodies. The Lord had told me to hit him. I could have nearly killed him with the abomination that projected from my cranium, and I came much too close for comfort at one point. The clip of skin that the snowy brute had taken from my front right knee still aches, reminding me constantly that I am not as strong as I believe.

The fight ended, blurring out of my brain as if it really was all a movie. Their voices picked up once more, picking apart each move and turn I made. The ocean air was plenty cold enough to send a humbly cold shock through a body of any thickness. My short mane tussled on my lithe neck, leaving behind nothing but a numbness. This feeling had taken over days ago when I had met the wolf. Days? Possibly weeks. How long had it been since I had been back into the cradling arms of the Aurora Basin? Too long. This weather was making it difficult to find my way back though. Alas, I had reached the ocean finally, reassuring myself that I was headed the wrong way.

Muscles screamed at me to move, to stay mobile and alive. A numbness settled in my heart, spreading through my whole body. It had made me tired, lonesome, and quiet for the time it had been spending with me. Maybe this was a new curse that some one had set on me. I could only hope for that to be the case. Finally each limb gave into the unbearable squeal of the voices picking at me, calling me every name they could conger up. My knees audibly creaked under my weight, crying at the bruises and cuts that dotted my young body. I'm not even three. Why is it that I put myself through this horror?

The sand gave under my cracked, ugly hooves. Traveling on this forgiving ground was much easier on sore joints than the tundra that had taken over the lot of Helovia. I could only imagine what the rest of the northern land looked like. The Basin drifted into my mind. Hopefully nothing was wrong at home. Nothing I would be needed for.
I would probably just be getting in the way in the first place. I was not there for any real reason. I had been invited just to add a number, and nothing more. My only use would be for battle as I grew. Blood staining the rest of my gray and black hide was something that I would look forward to with crazed eyes at one point in my life. Another image of Mauja's ivory fangs clamping down on my body ignited in my brain.

Eventually I found myself ankle deep in the angry water. It lapped at my limbs like hungry flames, grabbing at all four hooves and slowly dragging me into the sand. I stood silently, watching the water crawl up my body slowly as the tide came in at an unnoticeable rate. Maybe this would be the end. Just stand here and wait for the freezing ocean to take me alive. Would I let it? It was much colder than the lazy, steaming pool of spring water at home. Here everything was cold. The sand even had a certain coolness to it that was unforgiving.

walking "talking" voices
[Image: f2vjpl.png]

EVERYTHING YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM
IS IN YOUR HEAD
[Image: 5389e9aca8b63]
Please tag him in every post!

Sikeax Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I have yet to be restricted from visiting the sea. Mom has made no compliants about me wanting to visit this place, and after a long journey(my legs are still wobbly, and running is a tiring thing), I've made it! Yay, yay for me! Though now might not be the best time to arrive at such a place, as the night is spreading in and the company of fellow Assassins seems so welcome. Maybe listening to Mom sometimes is a good thing, maybe the ones outside home aren't the friendliest. I mean, the other foal I met was pretty nice to meet. Yet, wasn't the white mare that came out of nowhere with a dragon somewhat unfriendly? Somehow I've come to misjudgement, and my mind is getting mature enough fast to notice this.
Cold is not so bad, and seeing the glow on my horn rise higher each day makes me notice that I'm growing! Soon I won't be so short anymore and people won't be looking down upon me. I'll have the advantage and will look down upon them. Then we'll see who's so short. There is a little thought in my maturing mind that tells me I'm going to be tall. Maybe even as beautiful as Mom. I'll make sure not have a bite in my words like her, because being nice will get me some good friends in the future at some point.
Have I yet to mention its so pretty out here? It truly is, and the colours in the sky will absolutely take your breath away. A watercolour painting of orange, red, purple, blue, and yellow. The water reflects it back beautifully with the exception of all of the chunks of ice floating about. I wonder if I was to jump onto one big enough for me to be on, that I could float away into the sea like it was my boat, and discover a new land? Wouldn't that just be amazing? That would be the best adventure, but leaving home and my family would be too heartbreaking to me. I love them too much. For right now, seeing this land is interesting enough for me.
Today, the sea is a different thing. Away from the snow, the ice, the freezing nip the world was taken right as I was born, this might be paradise. Sand is annoying, for it sticks to your body when you get wet. To tell the truth, I want to go swimming. I want to run into the water, splash about, and know right as I'm running into it, giggling, laughing, not being on wobbly legs that make me fall, that Dad is right there behind me. I want to see more of him, where it isn't so much of just Mom and more of Mom and Dad together. Doesn't he love me enough to stay around to see me a lot? Mom is fine, she loves me and cares about me, but why isn't Dad around so much? I hate that lonely gap inside of me that reminds me my only family I know of that is biological is just Mom.
I might be too depressed over the issue my dad isn't around. Right now, I just want to see who I can meet, who I can play with that will be kind and won't try to kill me. There, up ahead in the distance like a beacon in the dusk light, is another horse. Oh, yay! Inside, I can feel some happiness, and on my face is a sweeping smile. The thought of if they can see me comes to my mind. Yeah, I'm short, and I'm really not happy about being short. Everyone says give it some time, and I'll be big and beautiful. I don't know what's so beautiful about me. When I was born, my first sight was my Mom. And since then I wonder why I don't look so much like her. I was born looking like Dad. My coat is a light cream colour, and my mane is short, starting to grow out(and it's curly too!) from the light chocolate colour of choppy, short patches. Okay, it isn't just patches, but it's short. I don't like that. My eyes are like Mom's, a pale blue, but they've got grey flecks inside of them. If you ask me, that looks weird, but I still like it! Though what makes me feel a bit special, is my horn.
Oh, it's beautiful! I'm not obbsessed with it. Nah, I just think it's pretty. It's straight like Dad's, and blue like my eyes. It even glows to match my eyes. Really, I'm telling the truth. It makes me feel special because I haven't seen anyone with a glowing horn yet.
Mom hasn't told me where her horn is. So I think it's going to fall off. Dad's hasn't, and a few others in the Assassins have been very good at keeping theirs on their head, so Mom must of messed up somewhere along to the line to make her's fall out like that. Or maybe she was just walking along and it fell off just like "Woops, I don't like it here anymore."
The horse ahead of me looks strange, even acts strange. Seeing them makes me wander if it's worth it go right up to them and just be all like 'Hi! I'm Sikeax.'. No one is yet to tell me that I might get killed that way. So screw child innocence. Its just around to make me look adorable and not you, where you might as well look like a murderer killing someone right then. Because I'm adorable because I'm little, and you're not because you're big.
It's time to go meet them.
My little legs are working well today because I can run pretty well today. They don't seem too frightening. If you ask me, they look pretty interesting. Up close, they're pretty big. Having to look up at them was pretty annoying, and made me a bit angry at my height. Maybe.....if.....I just.....JUMP....a little..... Eh.... OFH.
I jumped up to try to make some attention towards me. They're not that old, maybe still young like me. But they're still so tall and I'm so short! What if I just stand on my hind legs like so I can look better than being so short here. I might get lucky and they wouldn't laugh at me because when you're standing on your hind legs you look like a dog begging for a treat that is just too out of reach. Well, surely not working and I'm making a fool of myself already. So screw that, those ideas are going out of the picture because they make me a fool of myself.
Now seems like the best time to say hello because I already look like an idiot and what more can I do to make myself look more idiotic?
"Uh, hi. I'm Sikeax."
There's a failure for you right there. So maybe I don't have the best social skills just yet. Got to work on social skills. Got to work on social skills. Got to work on..... Wait, what am I thinking about now? Oops..... I lost a perfectly good train of thought. Another thing to work on. I need to learn how to write and then write stuff down and remember them. Then maybe my forgetfulness would work better. And even there I doubt it would.
Standing about the sand, I could hear the ocean too well. Homesickness is kind of a thing that makes you want to be somewhere when it's just too far away. A wave comes in and touches my hooves, and then the lowest part of my legs. And, oh, it's cold! It gave me a good jump, and I probably looked stupid again. I gave them a smile, hoping to see them smile because I did. It's at this moment did I see that maybe my carefree attitute isn't going to get me at a good place. My smile quickly fades, and it passes me as of how I can try to make them feel a bit better. Sympathy has never really been my thing, mainly because I don't know how it works. There isn't anything stopping me, is there?
"Are you okay?"
My voice is soft, quiet. Innocence is not a thing I should have at the moment because this person looks like they need a friend. A frown is on my face instead of a smile. What have I done? This surely isn't my doings, is it? Is my prescence so bad that it makes others feels bad? Again, what have I done? Must I be so bad? It might just be rude to ask if what I had done, and Mom would frown up it if it spread that far north. Maybe right here I could just sit back and attempt be polite like I should be, and try out sympathy. Or is that a bad idea? Whatever, I'm just going to do what seems best at the moment, and right now sympathy could be an interesting thing. Whatever sympathy might be.

If you could hear me then, can you hear me now?

Image Credits

Water lolled onto my legs, each cold encounter splashing up and wetting my chest with tiny droplets. I could keep walking, wandering further and further into the depths of this cold hell. Maybe then I'd freeze, turn into another chunk of ice that rolled and bobbed across the great oceans. But then I would eventually unthaw, body beached onto another land. My luck I would pick right back up, wandering alone and lost as I had before Helovia shoveled me into the traffic of what I now know. Bland, boring stares are what I give, only to be received right back. When too much emotion is given, things tend to happen to me. Wolves dance out of the frozen forests to taunt me, my own leader teaches me that I am not as strong as I had once believed; leaving me with a nice scar on my right hip where the blue bone had entered my hide. Why was it that I had been in that position? Emotion. Raw, unruly emotion that continued to let me know that I am breathing.

The scent of another body slammed into my senses, flooding my brain with images of every cheeky character that I have met in this now frozen wasteland. Grays, bays, drafts and warm bloods; none were exactly alike. Unicorns, pegasi, and equine. The quirky winged mare, Africa, that taught me how to have fun, to use my imagination. The stone cold leader, Mauja, who bruised me up for my own good. The bitchy white unicorn who I hadn't even remember getting a name from who tried to push right through me. The small filly that accompanied our path in search for her lost father. The lightning stallion I had met within my first day of my home coming who was so blunt and helpful.

Each one of them had so little in common, but all made me feel alive in one way or another. I cursed them all in my head, crimson eyes falling shut. Maybe this new comer would end all of this for me now. I could only hope. I waited for the by-stander to make their way over to me, or pass right by my body without a single word. The waves began eating away at the sensitive slice just above my right knee that the snowy brute had cast down on me. Red trimmed ears stayed cupped forward, listening to the growl of the ocean further out in the distance. The descending sun that I had so longed to see this whole season was casting a generous amount of light across the lively water, ice bricks rolling across and riding the waves that distorted each light break.

Quick motion began behind me on the shore, a small object bobbing uncontrollably. Crimson hued eyes peeled fully open, my imagination creating a creaking noise with each body movement. Skull turned to the right just barely to look over my shoulder, revealing a bobbing filly. A small horn bore from her sandy colored face, tussles of hair at the awkward height and length of a foals'. Normally, a smile would crack easily across my blood splattered mug, but for some reason.. it seemed that all emotion was wiped off of my face completely. Out of my body completely at that. All I could feel was an odd hollowness that seemed to eat away at everything I did. Hopefully my dreams and wishes tasted good.

The tiny filly finally stopped, watching me with intent and curious eyes before awkwardly introducing herself. "Sikeax" she called herself, the water lapping at her miniature hooves. Spooked, as it seemed, the filly hopped, playing it off by talking again. She asked if I was alright... Am I alright? Have I every been alright? My childhood was wrapped with an evil that followed me to this day. No, I decided, I am not alright; nor have I ever been. Instead of revealing this, I stayed silent, watching the tiny female as she stared back. The simplicity of childhood should be adventuring, learning and knowing the land as you grow. Not watching the vicious death of a family member. Then the development of voices, starting with paternal, then leaching out into a group. To this day I'm not quite positive how many of them there may be, I try not to listen. I do know that one sounds like Mother.. she doesn't come around unless I need help. The others I have never heard before. I chose one to claim as Father, though I have yet to meet him.

Finally, my dry mouth cracked open, dehydrated tongue sticking to dry gums. "No." The one simple word, it could throw such a huge impact onto a conversation. Though in this case, probably not. The word had so much meaning, yet it could also mean absolutely nothing. Disagreements, rejection, those were the two used the most I would guess. How often would it be used in a good way? No thank you, I suppose. That was still rejection. What a negative impact in such a tiny word.

Tagged: @[Sikeax]
walking "talking" voices
[Image: f2vjpl.png]

IS IN YOUR HEAD

Sikeax Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

He was so far out there..... Would I ever be able to regain enough courage to walk out there into the cold water and talk to him for a few minutes. The water can't be that cold. One step was given towards going out to him before I gave up. Too cold, too cold. To him, I might be an annoying little foal that just came along. But I want to see if he'll talk to me. I then heard his answer to my question.
It didn't hurt me. It just hurt to the truth. The pain wasn't like a stab wound, one where you feel every single particle of pain burst through your nerves. This pain was like being punched in the throat. That lump forming up and just getting stuck in there. I couldn't find my words. They just weren't there for some reason. No tear was in either of my eyes, no sob in my mouth. I'm not the type to break down and cry so easily like others would be at my age. I can be strong, and that's what I must do.
Courage finally came and I found myself going straight into the Lion's Den. Legs still unsure, I leaped into the ocean, upon landing making sure that my hooves could touch the bottom. I'm not sure if I can swim just yet, but I don't think anyone wants to go and just find me drowning, watch me drown, and then have to tell Mom that I drown while trying to run up to a colt just standing there in the water because he told me that he wasn't doing so well.
I had touched bottom when I jumped in, and instead of just running or walking through the water to get to him, I just kept jumping. The water was too cold, it shot ice through my veins and I knew later on I'd be sick. But... but..... he wasn't alright, was he? I clearly heard him say he wasn't, and I just want to know if there is a way I could maybe help without killing myself in the process. Before long, the water got too deep for me to go on.
It was touching my chest, and he wasn't too far from me. Whenever I moved a hoof forward, the sand underneath me slid outwards, and I knew exactly what I was standing on. The most dreadful thing in exist. Sandbar. What if I just jump? What if I was to gather every bit of my strength and launch my small, frail body out there beside him? Would instinct be strong enough to tell me what to do to swim? You must have faith, even when you have doubt in yourself.
One....
Two....
I can't do this. What if I jump off this thing and land where there isn't a bottom? Most importantly, what if I do that, and instinct fails and I drown? I've got to take a risk.
Big breath....
Happy thoughts.
Well, here it is.
THREE.
Ohfff.
I think I can feel something underneath me. Yes, there is something underneath me! I made it, and the water has only dropped five degrees colder. I'm willing to die just for someone I don't know. What would Mom say? I don't really care, I was here to see if I was able to help this horse.
Up close like this, I have a better idea of what he looks like. He is a grayish colour with red on his body in places. His eyes match the extra colour on his body. He even has a horn, like myself. In his prescence, I can still feel different. He towers over me, and I find myself even shorter than ever. Can I just ignore everyone's height for just a short time and got about with my main idea? Sometimes I really doubt that. Though at moments, like these, I need to act as grown-up as I can, even my youngest of ages.
"Is there a way I can help you then?"
I want to help him. Whether he wants me to or not, I'm going to do it.

If you could hear me then, can you hear me now?

Image Credits

Voodoo
tear me open pour me out,
inside there's things that scream and shout

The filly seemed shocked by my answer. Her young mind probably sat and calculated what had actually been the issue, driving her innocent mind on the brink of exertion. I stared back in silence, crimson eyes taking in everything around us, but seeing nothing at the same time. It was like a hole had been punctured into my emotions, leaving me with a dull body and a wretched, squabbling mind. They were hell bent on torturing me today, I had felt that much. Drawing in a deep breath, I could smell the salt in the ocean, the cold touch of mother nature's breath, whisking her gentle fingers through my short mane and forelock.

To my surprise, the young soul continued onward, despite her tiny stature. She leapt into the frozen ocean, the water eating away at more and more of her petite body as she moved. Awkwardly long legs seemed to trash through the water as she splashed toward me. Finally she had covered enough ground to come to my side, asking what she could do to help. I stared down at her quietly, thinking over what she had just done. The water continued to eat away at black hooves beneath the surface, the sand sucking me deeper and deeper into the current of the vicious waters.

My face tilted down toward the young therapist, nearly touching her tiny muzzle with my own. "You can't." I dipped my head a little lower, pushing on her shoulder to attempt to get her to move. "Go back to shore. Your parents wouldn't like you out here." Emotionless tone rolled from my chest too easily, the words seeming to spill out in a heap of what was left inside of me. The numbness that had been cast over me for far too long had eaten away at memories, at senses, at emotions. And worst of all, it had began to eat away at the faces of those that I had met. I had tried to piece faces together while wandering, but it seemed that each skull would morph together to create a monster I had never seen before.

Skull craned back up, away from the filly's, to stare at the endless waves. A small break of water lapped up once more, the salty liquid seeming to aim directly for the laceration on my knee. A sharp squint and the flaring of both nostrils was the only reaction I could get out of the pain. Salt water supposedly cleaned that stuff out though, right? I turned my face once more, looking toward the tiny foal to see if she had moved a budge.

Tagged: @[Sikeax]
Text here "Chat here." Voices here

i run but it stays right by my side
Table by Frostie
IS IN YOUR HEAD