the Rift

[OPEN] Heart of a Warrior [Sun God]

Luken Posts: 27
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.0 :: Three Years [Tallsun Born] HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Sparrow

It was with nothing but respectful trepidation that Luken made his way towards the four shrines, or, at least what was left of them. Worried chocolate eyes glanced around his surroundings, eyeing the blue hues of the magma below with a worried expression. This was the first time that he had ever stepped foot within this ancient place, the place where one could visit the shrines of the Gods. The air around him swirled with smoke, acrid and warm despite the fact that Frostfall was in full-swing. Here, the cold could not touch him, and Luken allowed the warmth of his surroundings to swell within him, welcoming the burn of the ash in his throat and the heat to radiate against his pale coat.

Swirls of colors reflected off of his painted hide, and the yearling's cream-kissed hooves shuffled slightly in anxiety. Each step drew the draft-mutt's uneven frame towards the shrine, and he paused only a few hooves-lengths away. Respectfully, he gave a dip of his head to each of them; first to the shrine of the Moon Goddess, patron of the land of mists that he called home, then to the God of the Earth, the Time God, and then to the God of the Sun. Chocolate orbs lingered upon the charred and blackened surface of the Sun God's shrine, worry holding his tongue. It was the beholder of the Sun who Luken had travelled to see, to hope gain an audience with the grand form of the God of Light and Fire.

"Your Grace," Luken began, summoning his courage and letting a breath escape through his nostrils, "Would you please grant this mortal an audience?" His words flowed through the silence, ears perked forward in waiting. Would the Sun God hear his words? Luken could only pray... "Please come and visit me, and hear my pleading words; my family has been graced by your magnificence, heralding the life-giving, but destroying magic of fire. I am here to ask for such a gift, for I... I am barren without it." For he was.

Since his birth, Luken had felt left out, the outcast in his family of three. His father, Destrier, the Wingleader of the World's Edge, held fire magic... And while he wasn't certain about his twin sister's hidden abilities, he was certain that she held some form of magic as well, surely inherited from their father at birth. Perhaps this is what he would need, to become a grand warrior, to become one with his family, to prove to them that he could become great in his own way.

"Please..."

[ooc: I am using my VOTG pass for this. Luken is question for the fire magic on his wishlist: [FirexWind | Fire Blades :: The Ability to create blades made out of fire. Restrictions (such as number of blades) can be made by Admin Approval.]

LUKEN
One Day, I Shall Walk the Path of the Righteous

Sakura Posts: 41
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 16hh :: Two Years (at time of death) Buff: NOVICE
Emily

Sakura</style>

I quietly had followed him. In the days since the murders of my beloved parents, I had kept to myself and my siblings for the most part. Takara seemed to completely withdraw away, Azale throwing herself back into her quest for magic to protect us better. Even my big brother had begun to speak with the others about building a wall. It was well known that none of us were to leave the Edge without the company of another member. So it was to my surprise when I watched the colt Luken, the son of the WingLeader Destrier, stride across the boarder. I didn't know where he was going... But I sure as hell wasn't letting him go alone.

I waited till he was almost out of sight to pick up into a trot after him. It was the first time I left the Edge since my Daddy's death. My body was tense, and I jumped at the slightest sound that was out of the normal. Would I always be this on edge? I hoped not. It was tempting to use my own magic on myself to sooth my nerves, but decided it was better that I was watching out for Luken and myself. Safety in numbers and all that fancy jazz.

The heat in the Vein of the Gods was unlike that of Helovia's Heart. Even with the heat coming from the God of the Sun himself. What was it about this place that made it so warm? I was careful to make sure that my hooves did not make a lot of noise on the stone below. Ears perked forward as Luken stopped to dip his head at each of the shrines starting with the patron of our home. Then to the God of the Earth, the God of the Spark... and lastly the one who had blessed me at birth it seemed with my own magic, the God of the Sun. It was to him he spoke. I started to say something, but instead hung back to see if the God would show up... After all he had overlooked me for so long, why would he answer those from my extended family?

"talk talk talk"
MY HEART IS EVER AT YOUR SERVICE.
credits: how-you-remind-me and phototori @ deviantart.com

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin
asda

The GOD of the SUN

Burn the whole world down

The God was already in an irritable mood, due to the chilling of the air all around him. To compensate, his golden body was encapsulated by fire. He burned hot and bright in the face of the bitter hold Frostfall had taken on the land. His mane and tail were a constant burning beacon; churning and sizzling as moisture crackled and popped in the air around him. Slammed his hooves into the ground, he sent wheels of flame off in each direction, determined to keep the snow and ice at bay. With a snort, he turned in the direction of Luken, and his subtle stalker. Curious, he thought, allowing his mind to seep into the boys' and extra the burning desire for flame, that lay there. With a twisted smile, the God regally moved towards Luken, casting long and amber-colored shadows in his wake.

"You - Child of the Edge. My sister's lands." He began, his voice suave and warm, as his flaming bodice halted a few feet from the youngster. "And yet the magic you seek...A hybrid of the Sun and Moon, yet you are here, calling for me."

He suspiciously eyed the boy, unsure if this was some trick to merely suck up, for if he somehow thought that the God of the Sun would show mercy? Give him an easier task, than perhaps his sister? Or was it simply done behind her back? Given that the painted boy had been followed her, seemingly without notice, the God very much doubted he was capable of such deception. "So. Magic is what you seek? Want to grow up just like your Daddy, do you?"
CREDITS

sdasd

Luken Posts: 27
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.0 :: Three Years [Tallsun Born] HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Sparrow

It surprised him that he didn't have long to wait. Luken's chocolate eyes grew wide, and instinctively the pale yearling took a step back as the God of the Sun granted him audience. In a magnificent display of the very element that he breathed did the Sun God arrive, covered from hoof to horn in a torrent of white-hot flames. The heat licked at Lucken's face, a sharp contrast from the chill of Frostfall that lay around them, and the young Acolyte sucked in a deep breath. There was something beautiful, yet dangerous and eerie about the sudden arrival of the God of the Sun. He was just as Luken had imagined.

The Acolyte's ears flicked forward as the God began to speak, and at his voice alone did the yearling tremble. There was so much raw power hidden in those deep, resonating vocals that the youth was unable to do anything else. Second guesses and fears began to rear their ugly heads, making Luken wonder just why he deserved to ask a God for magic, especially one so beautiful and deadly as fire. The realization came to him moments later... He didn't. He could ask, but truthfully, Luken didn't deserve such a gift, and that was why he would work towards it. Whatever quest or mission the Sun God demanded he accomplish, Luken would do his best to succeed. If he did, well... Perhaps then he would be worthy of such a magnificent gift such as the ability to wield flames.

"God of the Sun," Luken replied humbly, forcing his own words not to quiver with both awe and fear, "Yes... I seek magic; your magic. The magic of fire. And yes, you're right; I do want to be like my father. He is... Everything that I want to become, and I want to be strong like him, and with your blessing, I can do just that." Luken knew that if Destrier would have been there to hear his pale son utter such words, that the ebony Wingleader would have chastised him. Could one be powerful and strong without magic? Of course, Luken knew this... But he wanted the power of fire to be flowing through his veins.

Sucking in yet another breath, the Acolyte continued. "I seek the ability to form weapons; blades crafted from the hottest of flames."

LUKEN
One Day, I Shall Walk the Path of the Righteous

Sakura Posts: 41
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 16hh :: Two Years (at time of death) Buff: NOVICE
Emily

Sakura</style>

We did not wait long for the God of the Sun to arrive. My light green eyes watch as he speaks to Luken. I knew the God knew I was there. After all, no one was hidden from the sight of a God... but why he did not give away my presence to Luken I did not know. I listened closely as he asked for magic... So his family seemed to carry the fire magic as well? I stepped shyly closer, thinking of using my magic on the slightly older colt. I change my mind however, deciding that soothing his nerves in the precence of the God was not the wisest. What if he because to bold? No, my magic could be used another day.

At last Luken spoke, and I was surprised to hear the colt wanted to be like his Daddy as well. Well it made sense to me... After all... I wanted to be like my Daddy too... Tears welled up in my eyes at the thought and I looked away to hide them. No, I would not cry. Not here, not now. But inside it felt like I had been crushed once again. The overwhelming feeling of being alone, even though I knew my sisters and brother were back home... The fact I had no parents to watch me grow up... At least my brother had Momma for a while... Takara and I... did not have either for near long enough... Why did someone have to murder them? It wasn't fair! I suddenly without thinking stomped my right front hoof in anger, hearing the loud sound it made on the stone below. Tears flowed freely down my cheeks. It just wasn't fair! I didn't care if I was in the precence of a God... It wasn't fair for my parents to be taken away from me...

"talk talk talk"
MY HEART IS EVER AT YOUR SERVICE.
credits: how-you-remind-me and phototori @ deviantart.com

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin
asda

The GOD of the SUN

Burn the whole world down

[Sorry for the wait!]

Surprised, the God snorted, causing a halo of heat to burst from his dual-horned skull. To forge weapons? Hmmm. "If you want to be like your Daddy, young one, you must know that he uses weapons. He does not create them. Still...I do like the idea of having a crafter of my magic in my sisters lands. I certainly haven't seen much out of the artisans of the Throat lately.." He deep voice trailed off at the end, as if these political statements were meant more for himself, than the young acolyte before him.

"I will grant you the magic you seek, but first you must prove to me that you are able to control the flame of the sun. You must face in battle, and defeat an opponent who wields my magic against you. Then you must return to me with an object of my creation - an amulet, or a design by the artisans of the Throat. All of this you must do, while wearing a marking of the sun. Should you at any point speak ill of this quest, or of the sun's magic, my offer will be revoked."

With that, a hazy emblem that looked sun-shapped appeared upon Luken's right shoulder. The hair there melted together magically, outlining the dark shape, while glowing magically with white light, as if the brand was truly glowing like the sun. With a snap of his tail, the brand blazed white-hot for a second, before dulling down to a manageable heat. The brand would feel like a sunburn - tightening the skin and feeling warm at all times.

[Luken must spar with an opponent who uses fire magic, then bring back an item made using the Sun God's magic. He must do all of this with a painful sun-marking on his shoulder. If he complains about the quest, or speaks ill of the Sun God, the quest will be revoked.]

CREDITS