the Rift

Humming Hallelujah in the Dark. [open]

Yuri Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The small mare advanced across the forest, chilly air clawing at her eyes and face. The brittle pine needles etched at her fetlocks. Her head held high. Her mane, long and regal flowed and tossed as she arched her small neck, and pressed her dished arabian face to her windpipe. She came to a sudden halt, throwing her legs into a rugged stance spread apart. Had the sound she just heard been another creature? Perhaps even an equine? Yuri quickly dismissed the thought and continued to press on through the foliage, her mane twisting, and bouncing in the chilling frostfall wind.

The woods calmed Yuri greatly, its gentle sounds of animals, chirping, chattering and fluttering desperately through the dry naked branches, to get to their nests and dens, and away from the cold. For Yuri had nowhere to go. Endlessly wandering through the unfarmiliar Helovian Terrain. But she was at advantage, being born in frostfall, she learned to cope, and even befriend the cold, for that was the only way to stand its evil chilling teeth sinking into your bones. Night was falling. The sky was gently darkening from its cold, white colour to its enshrouding black blanket, covering any hope of light, except for the little holes, letting through minimal, precious rays of light.
For tonight was a special night, a night where gentle lights flicker across the endless sea of black we call the sky. The lights colours are vibrant, illuminating anyones spirits, for this was one of the nights, several years ago in which Yuri was born.
The memories flooded back to her as she stood solemnly against a magnificent pine tree. For this also reminded her of her gentle welcoming to this world of hatred and division. For she could not complain she herself was also one of the skeptics toward other races. For her father had been killed solemnly by a ruthless pegasus, from far beyond their territory in her old land, which seemed like a distant memory.

Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
I slip through the trees as silently as one might; my feet leave prints in the newly fallen drift. Somewhere in these woods a lone hunter howls his mournful song to the lights above; it sounds pitiful and hauntingly beautiful all at once. The timbers are plastered with snow, it finds reasons to hide in the nooks and crannies of bark; the stuff paints our world alabaster and forces everything green into dormancy. Hocks are cool but at least my pelt is warm, it has finally lengthened from being exposed to colder climate—though I dared not travel further north than necessary during this time of year. No amount of fur could shield one from frigid temperatures that would surely freeze the feathers on my wings if allowed ample chance.

So, instead. I prowl the forest, seeking those that might be in need of assistance—or some that might not. It didn’t take long to find one that could need both, she stands beneath the branches of a mighty pine. Its limbs are heavy with frozen mush, needles are an off color of dull emerald. I step through the undergrowth, my barrel passes a dormant bush along the way—this motion scatters snow in my wake. The brushing sound could alert even a partly deaf person of my approach, (not that I would sneak up on a lady.)

Gently I murmur a greeting, “Good evening to you, Ma’lady.” She didn’t appear fatigued by our winter wonderland, and I was thankful for the brief hope that tonight’s conversation wouldn’t start out with me attempting to appease another tired mare. At least one could hope.
Image Credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Unregistered
Yuri Table

The small mare gently lifts herself off the soggy, iced ground. Her fetlocks were frozen in ice, her eyelashes were frosted in a thin layer of dainty snow. She to the paint pegasus stallion who had just come out of the deep brush, she looked into his deep, gold eyes. They were lush, and mettalic, as the precious metal itself. She saw his slightly brawny appearance for a regularly sized horse, although he did not tower over her, as most horses she came in contact with did. She looked up at him with her orange amber eyes, and spoke gently.

"Good evening, these lights are jawdropping, aren't they?"
Yuri said in her quiet british voice as she turned the stallion, and looked at is large broad wings, they caught the reflections of the lights, which made them flicker in vibrant colours. For he looked cold, as if he had not been acustomed to the cold, snowy night. The small mare finally noticed the armour chestplate at just sitting on the stallion's large chest. It was a polished silvery metal, with a large ambery orange gemstone in its center, which it lay enshrouded by the frostfall snow. For the stallion's look in his eyes was a look of a warrior, strong and loyal, yet soft and caring towards his people. Why has he come? Yuri thought to herself, as she looked up at the paint stallion, he looked far from home, he looked loke a lone wolf set aloof from the pack.

Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
"Good evening, these lights are jawdropping, aren't they?"

Her enthused question was polite and gently uttered, as would be expected from this soft looking woman. It was that easy going mood which proved successful in relaxing the few shreds of rigid muscle I had prepped should she suddenly turn with a snarled lip. One couldn’t be too careful in the current world we lived in. My lips twitched further apart until the whites of my teeth poked through, “Aye,” I said with an agreeable tone of voice, “they are lovely.” Honeyed gaze shifts heavenward to watch the dancing skyriver flow across heaven. While I’m looking away, I still can feel those dark flamelite eyes linger on my muscles and collar—it was hard not to wonder what she was gaging, and then what she would be thinking about.

Allowing her that moment of assessment without either of us feeling awkward. I take my time before turning back with a slow ease that could and would be taken as a fellow who had all the time in the world to simply linger under the awning of Frostfall. A true philosopher. If only. “I am Midas, of Dragon’s Throat,” always the polite curious one, my lips part to inquire, “What brings you to the Threshold on this fine evening?” As previously thought, she didn’t appear weary from a tedious journey, but appearances could be deceiving. Nor did her pelt harbor the essence of clanfolk in the area. So surely this girl was a foreigner—newly arrived?
Image Credits

Unregistered

The small brown mare lifted her small front leg, and tossed her long, ebony mane out of her eyes, with a gentle flick of her head. Blinked her large orangey, eyes. Gently greeting the stallion with a nicker. "Midas, what a regal name..." Yuri voiced, she bent her small neck, pressing her small head to her chest. "...mine would be Yuri." She Breathed in greatly with her chest. For she was fatigued. She had been running for days. Running from her old home. Where she was kept prisoner, for her and a few other mares were kept. For she cringed at the thought. The feeling of sofft snowflakes fluttering onto her nostrils, and face, was claming to her. "I have come to the Threshold, because I have heard It was the way to Helovia, and honestly, any new land will do me quite well at the moment." Yuri said in a exhausted, weary voice.

"I'm sorry Midas, if I was dazed at the lights, they are just a reminder of my life before all Hell broke loose." the thought of her burdens shook the mare awake from her daydream again, she appeared to be reliving her terror again and again. "Midas, do you know of any place, where mu presence will be treasured?" Yuri looked up with hopeful eyes, eagerly awaiting any sort of answer he could have had for her. For now that was all that mattered. That and staying alive.
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
“Midas, what a regal name….” She favored my namesake, and made ebony lips purse their withheld humor in response; though my eyes shinned with hidden delight all the same. Father had thought the same, he said that ‘Midas,’ was a strong title, not a name that should invoke shame. An old king of times long before had been called thus, and so I was named after that. “Mine would be Yuri.” Yuri. Ever wider my grin spread, still gentle and attentive as she dove into another sentence which would answer my question and reveal herself as a wayward traveler. A guest in Helovia as previously guessed. With ease that came from the practice of knowing who would be good for life in a desert and who would not, I said when she apologized, “There is nothing to be sorry for Lady Yuri.”

I wanted to inquire more about this ‘hell’ she referred too, but that would be prying—which wasn’t my talent nor a trademark worth learning. All would come in good time, and things would take place as they were supposed to, when they were supposed to. “Do you know of a place where my presence will be treasured?” Her wording made me chuckle openly, though it wasn’t a cruel rumble. Smoky mist curled from between lips as I breathed out after calming the thunder, “Surely, you desire a warmer patch of green to call home? If it pleases you I can offer my home as that warmer place.”

OOC: Sorry for the wait ^^;
Image Credits

Unregistered
Yuri Table

The small brown mare blushed with warm glowing cheeks in the old night at Midas' offer of his home to her. She pondered in her scrum mind at his hospitable offer, and came out with the curious echo of "A warmer patch of green, would be a very charming at the moment. Not to be rude, of what use would I be in your home?" Yuri voiced in her dainty british voice, cming from deep within her throat. Droplets of misty steam fluttering from her lips, condensing, and plummeting to the harsh icy ground. Her hooves, shivering, lightly sitting atop of the ice layered snow. Her mane billowed in the gentle frostfall breeze, enshrouding her entire body in a chilling sensation. She gazed hopefully into the stallions shimmering, deep eyes. He was not much taller than her, an unusual occurance for a mare of such a petite size. Midas must be a fierce warrior to keep up with all the other larger stallions. Yuri looked at his great wings, shimmering under the Aurora Borealis. For the mare had seen very few pegasus in her short life so far. All of them leading up to midas were, arrogant, and cocky. Knowing they could easily avoid any equines with a flap of their wings, but Midas seemed different. He was compassionate to the newcomer. He welcomed the stranger into his world with open arms. She hoped for others like him in his land. Or anywhere else here in this new land.

[Oh, no prob about the wait, I was on a foxhunt anyways :3]

Ascended Helovian

Deceased
“Of what use would I be in your home?”
I smiled, her question wasn’t uncommon for those entering our ranks and easily answered by one who had judged characters many times before, “That depends,” I murmured gently, “on your talents and desires.” Those with fighting abilities where put to use in warrior ranks, patrolling, frontlines, sparing, mentoring. Others choose healing arts, mending our wounded and caring for the weak, “What are your gifts Lady Yuri?” So that she didn’t feel like there was pressure in choosing a rank I tactfully added, “Also know that you can live out your days in Dragon’s Throat as her citizen; you don’t have to choose a job right away—in fact many don’t.”

Kri still thought it was silly, our mass not having a job to pursue. But then again our world revolved around work, a balance of duty and play. We were cut from a different cloth then others, and didn’t usually regret the fact that there was seldom time for leisure activities. Lately though, I had been regretting time spent away more and more-- that I couldn’t hardly even find time to spend with my own sons and newly born daughter. Standing here in the snow my thoughts are suddenly drawn away from this moment and into their own little recesses for a few spare seconds. They are drawn to Ktulu—and I wondered how she was doing with Frostfall fully upon us. Was our little gold cherub doing alright in this cold?
Image Credits