the Rift

[PRIVATE] Take Your Time, Don't Live Too Fast [Amara]

Sikeax Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

At some point, I'm probably going to have a search party sent out to find me. Nighttime is here, and it's not so cold here as it is back home. Home is too far to go to tonight, so I guess I'll just stay here for the current time. There really isn't a problem with that, is there? I like here, and I'll be sure to come back a lot more often. You're not getting rid of me that easy.
Having slept mainly in the North, I never got the chance to see what the night is like outside the North. Being just so used to seeing the aray of colours in the sky that is the Northern Lights every night, not seeing them is weird enough. My pale blue eyes kept staring upwards at the sky, wondering when they'd come out. The grey flecks inside them seemed to roll about as I searched. Aren't they up there? I don't think they'd just disappear like that. This place is weird. Really, it is.
I could list off the reasons this place is so weird to me. One, there's no lights in the sky like there is at home. The sky's broken down here, thats for sure. Two, there isn't really a lot of snow. Yeah, it's cold, and wet, but there isn't any snow. Just wet sand. Three, I haven't really seen that many others around here. I mean, I met that other horse down here, but nobody else. This place might not be worth exploring at the moment.
From my standing point in the sand, head pointed upwards to the sky with my horn to scrape it, I must look like I'm confused and wondering what those things up in the sky are. I know full well what they are, and no adult needs to come over and give me the 'Those are stars, and that big, white thing is the Moon' lecture. Screw that, I'm not stupid, not like when I was when I born. Some things from birth still kind of linger about in my young mind. Like why my mom doesn't have a horn and how it fell off, how my horn is going to fall off, and why it glows. My horn really does glow, it matches my eyes with a pale blue colour. It's short right now, but I can sort of tell it's growing.
When you look at me when you're not looking at my horn, I look Dad more than I do Mom. Mom is pretty, like really pretty. When I grow up, I really want to be as pretty as her. Dad is something to look at, and I just want to get to know him more. I've only gotten to see him once, and don't know much about him. Mom literally refuses to talk about him. I was born looking mostly like him. Amber champagne, a faded creamish colour for my body, and a light chocolate colour for my mane and tail. And might I say, it's growing in curly! My tail is short of strange, I've gotten bored before and tried to chase it like I've seen a dog do before, and while chasing it, really noticed the blue circular marking on my booty. It kind of gets into my tail and makes so interesting. Where it blends into my tail, the base hairs of my tail turn a dark blue. Ooo...... I just love how it looks.
My attention finally went away from the sky because I can get the hint that the Lights aren't going to appear. I wish they would really, it'd be a welcoming feeling of home. How cold is the water? Swimming is sort of a thing for myself, but I've only done it with snow, and might I say, that's a welcoming experience. Just thrashing about in a sea of my own is interesting, but what's it like to do it in water. I simply must know.
Legs still pretty wobbly and unnatural because walking isn't much of my thing, I ran into the water before noticing my mistake. It's cold!! Now, I'm not really used to screaming, but I screamed pretty loud when I jumped into the freezing water. Not the best idea! Not the best idea! Lets not do that again!
Everything feels like 'grr....'. Freezing, wet, and annoyed makes me into a force to reckon with, but I think if you're polite enough I can ignore the fact that I'm a grump and I could sit around and just 'chill'. "Rrrrrrrr....." That sound wasn't the best one, but it really summarizes how I feel. Swimming in water? Thats never going to happen again. I'll stick to the snow where things are a bit more interesting.
Dragging myself out of the water was pretty easy. I just walked out and grumbled complaints about the cold. I really need to think more on what I'm doing before I do it. I'm bound to get more results like this in the future if I keep it up. A cold wind came to try to dry me off, but sort of made it worse. Shivering, I groaned and walked on my wobbly legs to a place in the sand that wasn't so wet. I'll probably regret it later on because the sand will be a bitch and stick to me and then drive me nuts, but I got to work on thought before action before I do some stuff.

If you could hear me then, can you hear me now?

Image Credits

Amara Posts: 136
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sameira :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire dark

I was resting, my eyes shut tight and my right wing holding the egg pressed against my body. I didn't want the poor thing to freeze during Frostfall. Especially because that would be cruel to kill it, seeing as how there was (somewhat) unborn life beneath that fragile shell. I was resting, comfortable as I could be.

I did not hear the filly as she wandered the beach, gazing into the sky. I was too deep into sleep to hear her. It was only when she leaped into the water did I awake. I flicked my lids open, my amber eyes trailing across the dark cave. It was still dark out, the night sky's reflection rippling on the water. Standing up slowly, I stretched, peeked to see if the egg was snug between my wing and body, and then headed out to see what this commotion was about.

I flicked my small ears back as I heard a loud scream. It wasn't a scream of fear, but one of shock. Snorting, I watched my misty breath unfurl and float away into the night air as I walked forward. I giggled as a little filly was stepped out of the water, her legs and underbelly soaked. I held back my giggles and gazed at the young filly, her body was just a little smaller than mine, and she had the smallest needle like horn coming from her brow. I walked towards her, smiling. "Not. How it worksss. Tooo coldd!" I smiled, trying to explain to the filly that it was much too cold to play in the water, especially in the night. Of course, it was difficult to speak because I was still so young, learning words and grammar. (And barely seeing anyone other than Cosette and Caenan didn't exactly help me learn much.)

I motioned for the filly to follow me into my little cave, where I had a small, tattered cloth that was good for warming up. I walked forward, assuming the filly was following me. I waltzed into the rock cave, my hooves dancing against the sand as I scooped up the cloth and walked back out, holding it in my mouth. I slowly offered it to the filly, trying to place it over her back. It dragged on the ground as I swept it towards her, wondering if the filly would move or if she would allow the blanket to be placed on her back.

"Talk talk talk."

[[I hope it's okay that Amara tried to place the blanket on her back. :D I'll leave that open so you can say if she allowed it or not. <3]]

Image Credits

Unregistered

I guess sometimes it's best to make sure no one is sleeping when you scream, but I wasn't thinking that and when I received company, I felt a bit rude. I can be rude to my family and what not because they've got to put up with me, but not this girl. She's really pretty, even in the night, and looked different from the rest I've seen. I've never met a Pegasus yet, and I don't think there is any in the Assassins that I know of or have been mentioned before. If there was any in there, then I wasn't really paying a lot of attention. I do that a lot, you know? But here was someone I rudely awoke, and sort of feel bad about. Oops a daisy.
A chuckle and a small smile was given. I didn't mean to be rude to her. "Yeah, I guess I should of thought before I did that. I'm used to swimming in the snow than the water. I'm Sikeax by the way, but you can call me Sia. Whats your name?" She told me to come with her, and she didn't seem to bad. Like someone as nice as her wouldn't be out to kill me, would they? Then again, I'm a child. Child innocence is my bitch.
Shivering, shaking, freezing my ass of in the cold, I followed her. Yeah, she was nice. The sand was being more of a bitch than anything, sticking to me. Wherever she wanted me to go, it might as well be out of the sand. Cold air is fine; I live in the North, remember? A shiver slipped down my body, and I sneezed. Great. I won myself a cold.
She went into a cave, and I followed. Inside it was a bit warmer than the outside, and the annoyance of sand was gone. Truly, it reminded me of home. Time within the Frozen Arch seemed so short because of my adventures. Maybe this girl here would sit down at the mouth of the cave, and stare up at the stars with me and we could tell each other stories. Stories our parents and family have told us to teach us lessons learned by others so we wouldn't have to make the fatal mistakes on our own. That would be nice, because for once, I could feel like there was more than just Mom, Dad, Uncle Tonka, and the Assassins in my life. That there's more out there than just the select few I've met.
I can't help but notice there is something strange about the way she carries one of her wings. Is there something under it? Curiousity is something that I might as well be notorious for; it tends to eat me up a lot. Already I know it would rude to ask, and with the careful motion of my eyes, I notice that it's an egg. She must be receiving a companion soon. A smile slips across my face as I think of this so far kindred spirt receving a companion.
Stepping into the cave, I see her go for a place and grab something. What is she going for? I'm not sure, but it doesn't look too threatening. When she returns to the little light that is given here, I notice it's a blanket. She's walking towards me, blanket between her teeth. And then offers to me.
A warm spot takes over my chest and warms my body. Her act of kindness is the nicest thing I've yet to receive, for I doubt my mother would have a blanket like she has here. I am cold, wet, and might have a cold coming on. A blanket's warmth is the greatest thing at the moment, and the thought of it would greatly be welcomed. I give her a welcoming and sweet smile, and let her place onto my back. Almost instantly, I can feel a bit warmer.
"Thank you. Thank you so much."
I'm not sure if it is rude to lie down, but inside the cave with a feeling of a cold coming along, and a toasty blanket over me, my legs feel weary. Right now, I don't care if she would think it's rude that I was to lie down her home. I bent my legs, let myself slip down to the earth, and relaxed. My pale blue eyes went to her, and I smiled. "You don't mind, do you? Maybe we can share the blanket and tell each other stories and have a good time while waiting for the morning. Only if you want. I can leave soon if I'm too much of a bother......." Hopefully I'm not. She's so polite, and I feel the need to polite as well. Right here, I could be on the edge of making a good friend. Like, a friend that isn't just my friend because we're both in the same herd, or because I'm a foal. I mean a friend that is my friend because we care about each other and like being around each other. Oh yes, that'd be the greatest.

OOC: Amara can touch her and do whatever she wants. You've got my permission for every post for here, and later on.

Image Credits

I listened to the other foal as she introduced herself as 'Sikeax'. What an interesting name for a small filly such as her. I nodded, my lips still curved in a smile. Opening my lips, I began to introduce myself. "I'm... A-Amaraaa." I think that was my best sentence yet. I cheered myself on inside, but remained calm on the outside. I smiled at the little unicorn for a moment, my eyes meeting hers.

When we reached the cave I saw the filly looking at my right wing. I glanced down at it and grinned. "This iss... Sameira... Not born yet...." I peered at the egg, smiling gently before returning to her with the blanket between my teeth. I gently placed it over her back, smiling. I watch as Sia lowers herself to the ground, laying on the sand. She asks me if I would be interested in sharing the blanket and telling some stories. I nodded, quickly grabbing the soft pillow my dolly usually rested on and placed it on the ground. I allowed my knees to fold, letting my stomach brush the sand before my body settled. I unfurled my right wing, allowing the egg to slowly slip out. I left my right wing over it, almost like it was a blanket for the egg. I turned my head, picked up part of the blanket and slid it over myself. I shivered as my wing slowly brushed against her cold sides. "I tells youuu how me gott egg." I inhaled, arranging the story in my head. I made sure to place each event in order, for this had only happened a few days ago.

"I gooo to Heaaart." I glanced at her to be sure she was paying attention. "Somefing toldd mee to go too Heart. Sooo I wenttt. I founddd egg, on edge of pit. I save it, but when nofthing came to gets it, I decided me keep it saffeee. While I was leafvn', a big leopard was preyin' on me. I was 'bout too bee eatteen but a purple mare saffed me by shooting starss." I smiled, staring at Sia to see if she was still listening. "Does you have storeee?" I asked her, my metallic amber eyes focusing in on her.

"Talk talk talk."

Image Credits

Unregistered

So her name is Amara. It's beautiful like she is, and I love it. For someone kind like her, it fits her perfectly. We made brief eye contact, and when she gave me a smile, I was quick to return it. When we get inside the cave, she tells me her unborn companion's name is Sameira. Again, a beautiful name. I'm sort of curious as of what Sameira will be born as, and how interesting they'll be to meet. Mom told me she had a companion once, who sadly died. I've decided on having a companion, but haven't really got the chance to look for once. Mainly because I don't really have the time to mess around with the Gods.
At the offer of her joining me under the blanket's coziness, she nodds and quickly joins me. My attention is set to how careful she is as she lowers her unborn companion to the earth and uses her wing to protect it. Later on, if I ever get an egg, I'll be sure to be as careful with the where abouts of my egg as she is with her's. Soon she begins with the story of how she discovered her companion, and I find it with a feeling happiness and a ping of saddness. Who would want to leave their unborn companion lying about in near the Heart? I've never been there yet, but already I know I wouldn't like it. I don't think I'll ever be so fond of the heat. Her story makes me smile with the tale, and she asks me about about a story I have to give her. Easily I could tell her a story that Mom has told me. And already know the perfect one. I'll tell her about my grandparents, my mom's mom's parents and their beautiful love story. I snuggled up beside her a little bit closer to keep each other warm as my underbelly and legs where staring to dry finally.
"Well, I've got a story about my family. Mom wasn't born here, neither was her parents. But she was always telling me about her family and the family I had back where she came from. The best one I've ever heard was about her mom's parents love story. I think it's the most beautiful thing ever."
I check with her to make sure she is ready to hear this. It's all real, oh yes it is. Every time I was to ever hear it, it amazed me. It's a love story even Angels die to have.
"My grandmother's parents were named Skyros and Adella. Skyros was a valliant soldier who fought many battles as a brainwashed man. As a child, he was left to raise my grandmother's aunt, whose name was Zayira. Zayira was a troubled soul, but she relied on Skyros for every thing. When Zayira was two years old, a band of soldiers from the frozen world north of them came down and kidnapped Skyros, and beat Zayira. Poor Zayira, she lay on the brink of death for two weeks before awakening with no sight of my great-grandfather for miles. Skyros was sent to the North, and under the spell of a monster, was brainwashed and became just another soldier in the legions of thousands like himself. In his brainwashed state, he almost killed his sister without even meaning to.
"Zayira became hateful, and soon met a stallion as hateful as herself. He brought her home with him, which was where Skyros lived. Soon, Skyros caught word of his sister living in the same home as him, and went to rescue her. When he did, he found his sister pregnant to the stallion. Anger took him over, and he left everything so that his niece or nephew wouldnt' be born in such a hateful place. After a journey through the mountains, he found himself in the land where my Mom was born.
"Adella was an Angel, a literal Angel, who lived in Heaven. Her father's name was Angellus, and he was a proud white Pegasus like you who lived in the sky with his daughters, all winged like himself. Adella was his most loved daughter, and all he wanted was her undying happiness. But Adella never liked the sky, and wanted to be on the earth with others. From the sky, she saw Skyros and Zayira, the draft soldier standing close by with his little sister aiding her birth with protection.
"After the birth, Adella flew from the skies and went down to meet Skyros, Zayira, and my mother's cousin, whose name was Kytallah. Skyros, oh he was supposed to be so charming. Adella fell in love with him, and he fell for her as well. Angellus never liked the idea of his most loved daugther being in love with a normal equine that Skyros was, so took his daughter home in a fit of rage."

I stopped, only to take a breath. My eyes made contact with her's quickly to make sure she was still listening. It is a long story, but it was worth it. To me, I believe it is the most beautiful love story of all.
"Adella, she wanted to be with Skyros so badly she'd take death just to feel his grasp. On the surfrace, Skyros was left to pine over his lost love. So, in a night so much like this one, Skyros ran away from his home that was like the Edge. Adella, up in the sky, took a lover's leap. She fell from the sky, and crashed into the earth below, for if she flew, than Angellus would surely notice her. When she hit the earth, Skyros was standing there to welcome her. In the greatest act of true love, the pair announced their true love for each other. And Adella did the unthinkable.
"She drug deep into her wings, knowing that her wings weren't permanent, for the wings of an Angel are made stardust and clouds and will turn to ash when the longest feather is plucked. Hidden deep inside her feathered wings, was one black feather, the longest of all. And she plucked it.
"Suddenly, her wings became ash and fell to the earth, only quickly to be wisked away with the breeze. All that was left was a long, black feather. Adella, as to show that Skyros was her true love and was protected by an Angel for all of time, gave the feather for the black stallion to wear as a necklace. Later on, in a sadden turn of events, after my grandmother, her twin brother, and their little sister were born, Adella passed away without the protection of her wings. Angels only live for an extended period when they have their wings. Skyros feel into a drowning pit of insanity, and in a dramatic turn of events, fell to his death into the roaring ocean at the basic of the cliff at his home. Yet not before gifting his only feather to my mom's mom.
"My mom says the feather lays buried in the earth after her father was murdered and her mom's last foals were born. The colt was born looking exactly like my mom's dad, and was named in his honour. But my aunt, she was still born. So my grandmother buried the feather with her daughter to ensure the Angels would watch over her soul as she wandered to Heaven."

I caught my breath, and looked over to her. I know it sounds fake, but I have a feeling that it is true. That Angels will fall to the earth just to be with a battle scarred soldier and tear their wings away in the ultimate act of love. Someday, I want to have a beautiful love story like that. Just at the thought of finding a handsome stallion to love me made my heart flutter like it had butterfly wings. "Amara, wouldn't you love to have a love story just like that one? I mean, is it really a true thing that there is someone out there that is made perfect for both us? I bet they'll both the nicest of stallions with most handsome of looks."
A giggle escapes me because for once, I can still back with another filly, and just be a filly. There isn't Uncle Tonka around to tell me stories about his epic feits, Mom to tell me love stories and who are family are and their stories, and definitately not grown-ups just bugging me about being good. Amara and I are almost the same age, she is only just a little bit older than me. Knowing that there is another girl to hang around with me, well, that's just the greatest feeling ever.

OOC: Just so you know, the love story Sikeax tells is actually a real rp my bff and I played out! She's Jabberwocke on here if you want to bug her about. So don't think it's something she made up. It's true!

Image Credits

She began her story, which sent me into a spiral of thoughts. Love? Soldiers? Angels? My mind worked faster to process the whole thing, but was just about ready implode when she reached the part where the Angel tore off her wings. I gasped a little, my eyes widening. She gave up her freedom, her Angelhood, to be with her lover? Sia continued her story, telling about how the Angel died and her lover died after her. And then she told me where her mother thought the feather was now. Somewhere, buried with a dead filly. My adventurous side wanted to explore and find the feather, but it was probably in another land far from here. Nodding my head gently to show I understood her story, I smiled. She asked me a question about love, and I hesitantly replied. "Havin' a loove storeee like that sound amaaazing. An'... I-I s'posee there are coolts out there that perfect for us. We just got to let 'em finnd us... Or we find them." At the last part I grinned, gazing at Sia. Now it was my turn to tell a story, again. I prepped my story, thinking this one was going to be perfect. Mommy told it to me in my dreams when we were in the meadow. It was 'bout my granddaddy and grandmommy.

"While we on the subject of rel'tives, I gots a story my mommy told me in dream once." Clearing my throat, I began. "My granddaddy was a big, toughy pirate who lived by no rules. He was cap'n of a pirate band. His name was Palos. He was a big, big horse, with a coat of bronze. He was one of the mos' feared horses in the region. Now one day, he was sailin' the seas near where my grandmommy lived. She was a princess, and was onlee two when she met my granddaddy. So she was out on the beach, admiring the pretty water n' stuff. It was then in those very waters my granddaddy and his arch rival fought. With a swingin' here n' a swingin' there, a jab here an' a bite here, Palos knocked that sucker right into the water where he sunk ta Davey Jones. My grandmommy, Alcinda, was super shocked. She'd never seen a fight like that before. But at that time, she didn't like my granddaddy. She was thinkin' he was too smelly and ill-mannered. But Palos on the other hand was falling head over his hooves in love with Alcinda. I mean, she was a pretty bay with sparkling eyes the color of the sea. So they went their sep'rate ways, and in fact, Palos found 'nother mare and had a baby with her. 'Course, he forgot 'bout them when he ran into Alcinda again. This time, she was little older, and wanted more than just fancy edie-kit and fancy jewelry bought from places. Well, act'ually traded from places. Her kin'dom had a fancy system o' tradin'. So her n' Palos talked a bit, and he told her about his great feats in the high seas. Alcinda was really into the stories, and so she n' Palos went off to be pirates tagether. They were the bess' team of p'rates the land had seen, but their fame would not last. They had a little filly, my mommy! They taught her what fun stealing was and how fun pirates were, and soon they had their daughter's fut'ure as a pirate securely in place. Course, after they stole from the new kin' n' qween of the land, Palos and Alcinda were captured n' executed, leaving my 3 month old mommy alone. A couple o' horses took her in and raised her to be proper, and soon she forgot her past. Well, most of it. In short, she became a pirate, traveled 'round, came to Helovia, met my daddy, had a kid, which is me, and died in birth." At the last few words I let my eyes drag across the sand to where mommy's bones were till visible. At least, her ribs. Her skull was half buried, and her left leg was sort of visible. Her bones seemed to glow under the light of the moon, and I looked back at Sia. "That's my other story. Does you have 'nother one?" I ask her, my eyes focusing in on her. I glanced over at my egg to make sure it was still there before turning back to Sia and smiling some more. It was nice to have another filly around that I could talk to. I looked at her, waiting for her to tell another story or just talk.

"Talk talk talk."

[[I just kind of made this story up on the spot. xP I tried to follow Alvilda's(Amara's mom) history slightly, but kind of failed.]]

Image Credits