the Rift

[OPEN] Nightmares come at night

Tonka Posts: 87
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18 hh :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Sky

Tonka
I'm Going in for the Kill... I'm doing it for the Thrill

It was too cold to be at the beach. So why had he come? He had been an idiot and thought that it would maybe, just maybe, be warmer at the beach. Well, curiosity killed the cat they say. Today the only thing that could kill him is hypothermia. That was a silly thought though. If he had not died hypothermia in the Frozen Arch, then why would he here? Tonka just knew to stay out of the waves. There was a silver lining of snow dusted over the sand. The thick smell of salty sea air stung his nose, but that was ok. He liked this scent, though he did prefer the winteriness aroma of the Arch.

The sun was slipping down and the moon was peeking through the orange and pink sky. Silver flecked eyes glanced around. There was not a soul in sight. Perfect. He needed alone time. If one did intend to bother him though, oh…. That would be fun. He had been his normal self in a long time. He was too caught up in being all nicey nice for the newcomers and his groupmates. He had to, for the sake of the Assassins. He stamped his foot on the ground, nostrils flaring. He was ready to return to his dark side. The orange sky soon faded and the shadows of night were now arriving. He had now camouflaged in the black jacket of darkness. Blue eyes flickered as he kept walking in silence. A ghost haunting the damned humanity. The waves cover the sound of his steps, but the prints in the ground were fresh, the perfect trail a curious one would follow, only to see the ghoul they have encountered. His ears flicker up, ready to caught any sound that waved through the air. Nostrils flared, detecting every scent that lingered. He had a feeling one would come to see him. Hopefully someone he did not know. Someone he could scare.

Credits!

Hestia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

HESTIA the fierce
Born of sweetness, turned sour, ventured neutral.

So, I started my exploring. Funny enough, I started at night, and on the beach. The black ink sky lacked a sun, but had a full moon. My bodice was silhouetted in a black layer of color. My wing tips vibrated as I cut through the air, and rode on the wind. I was hidden well, and I liked that. My scent was hidden also. I just faded into the sky.

Soaring above the blue waves like a hungry predator was indeed what I was doing. I let a slight grin flicker on my maw as I saw a horse. The horse was the leader of the Assassins, Tonka. Instantly, I knew this would be fun. I still hadn't met the rest of the Assassins, and I'd only been recently recruited. Why not get in good with the leader?

-_*_-_*_-_*_-

I'm an assassin.
Some might say I'm from hell.
I believe, I'm just skilled well.

After a moment of circling above where the siren thought Tonka was, she dived down like a silent eagle. There was an eerie silence, and if her wings did make a noise she'd circle him for a few moment or until reassured he thought no one was here. She worked this way until... BAM!

She tucked her wings in a dived to the sand like a hungry vulture wanting the dead flesh. She came from a hidden spot to the sand, or his back. She dived at very high speed until very close. She thought about screeching to a halt, but didn't. She braced her legs straight and prepared for the impact that may soon come. She'd aimed for his withers, but never altered her direction so if he was walking a good pace, she'd most likely hit the top of his arse. Maybe if he was slower, she'd hit mid-back. Everything depended on how quiet and stealthy the robust mare was.

"Talk Talk Talk"

Hidden Account
Sky

Tonka

The moon was up and the stars were out. Navy eyes shut closed as he continued to briskly walked along the sandy shores. He was pretty relaxed right now, but yet a part of him was alert and ready for anything. Black hooves stamped the ground with each thunderous step. He opened his eyes again, looking into the darkness of night. He felt weird, like something was here with him, but yet it was cover my the cloak of black. He was not afraid, but yet kept his guard high.

He kept his pace brisk and he continued his walk of relaxation. Suddenly, he felt a powerful force hit his ass. Out of instinct, he let out a full force kick, hoping to strike what ever touched him. He swung around, his ears pinned hack against his skull and his nostrils flared. It was Hestia! God damn it! What the fuck was this mare thinking?! His guard slowly went down, as he released his ears from their flat position. He gave her a cold glare and he got ready to shoat at her. No... He couldn't do that. She was new to his small band and he needed as many members as he could get. He could and would not scare her off right now.

He had to admit. She got him really good. His ass hurt like hell and he wished that she never had done that. He hoped he did not hit her when he instinctively kicked out. "Hestia! Why the hell did you do that?" He looked right into her cold crimson eyes as he spoke, his voice was loud, but not quite yelling. Looking away me mumbled just loud enough for her to hear. "I have to admit. You got me pretty good." He looked back at the dusty colored mare. Right now he realized that wings could be a powerful weapon, and possibly more dangerous than the blade on his forehead.

Credits!

Unregistered

HESTIA the fierce

Ah, the resistance of his tough skin against bare hooves sent a pulse that lured me closer to wanting to draw blood. I was thirsty for it like a little monster. Once the leash that held me back was loosened, even the slightest amount, I took advantage of it and craved more. It was an odd feeling to train under someone that I may be able to beat. Oddly enough, I felt an ease sweep through my body and I felt my thoughts leave my mind.

War.

Tonka's display of a defense let a sky smile slip onto my face. I was over him, allowing his kick to meet the air. Though my force continued until my hooves slid off of him and into the cool grains of earthen sand. After my hind and front legs were on the ground, I trotted forward a few steps to regain my balance, and rock hard stance. Now turning to see Tonka asking questions, I pondered. He was so tall, yet he couldn't really do any arial combats. Maybe I would fit in well with the assassins.

-_*_-_*_-_*_-

So, war what is it like?
Bloody and brutal and long and what else?
What are the odds?
Are they in your favor?
Shall one feel the deathly grip of hooves of stone?

"Oh Tonka, I did it for the hell of it. You seemed like you needed a good scare." Slowly she starts walking around him, circling him. She was raw and cold, were the other assassins? She was small, yet so compact and heavy. She wasn't scared to fight. Hestia was a demoness in battle and would willingly allow her blood to be spilled for the sake of being the victor. She would fight to the bloody end of her life to win. Though now, she'd accept defeat. She'd practice more and harder, then come back twice as strong.

"Tonka, on a more serious note. I'd take pleasure in becoming a general. If need be, I will show you my raw talent." She felt a surge of raw power course her veins. Letting her muzzle stretch out towards the male she grunted and stopped, standing parallel to him. He smelt, somewhat, natural. Hestia smelt of blood, seawater, fresh air, yet most of all wild. Letting out a deep raggedy breath, her nostrils quivered in delight as air refilled her lungs.

Hidden Account
Sky

Tonka

This mare was going to be a bit of trouble. Or at least that is what Tonka thought. Trouble was not always a bad thing though. Some needed discipline and the brute was thinking to give the dusty mare some of that right now. She had no right to do that to him, but maybe she was only trying to have a bit of fun with him. He had wished that his powerful kick had gotten her, maybe that would have whipped her into shape. Some took joy in other's pain, and Hestia was one of them. Tonka could not lie that he was also one of those blood thirsty horses.

He rolled his dark eyes as she claimed she did for the joy of scaring him. He was not scared, but simply a bit startled. He was never scared. He looked sown at the sandy figure that was now circling him. He was ready to charge at her, but the brute held himself back. He would love to test this girl's skill and to see if size really did matter in spars. He needed to practice sparing, he hadn't in a long time and if he planned to soon have an invasion he needed not only himself strong, but his other members.

Tonka, on a more serious note. I'd take pleasure in becoming a general. If need be, I will show you my raw talent. Tonka shook his head. No one was General right now in his small band, and he wanted to rank someone up to that high of a position, it would be Chemical. She was his most trusted and respected member. He loved her, and soon she would be having his foal.

"I am sorry Hestia, but the ones I choose to be general will be my most trusted and respected members. If you can prove to me that you are trustable and a good fighter, then I will consider the thought of you becoming a general. If you would like, I would be more than happy to do a practice spar with you." His tried to keep his voice calm and a bit kind but the ragged tone of rage made its way to each word that slipped from his throat.

Credits!

Unregistered

HESTIA the fierce

I didn't like Tonka as much anymore. He lacked the logic that a true leader needed. To be honest, I was very well thinking of going to Dragons Throat. I striked a chord in him by simply asking about a position in his five horse 'herd'. He'd better watch his tongue before I decided to pick up and leave. In every marbled word he spoke, there was rage and fury. It was evident he may not have been the best choice for a herd. He seemed unstable with his emotion, and he made choices on the weary emotions.

I could've easily attacked him full out, but I didn't. No, I'd used my words. "Tonka, what is wrong with you? You get all fired up from a simple question. How am I supposed to know you won't get mad at me for losing a spar or a recruit? Tonka, why do you not put a member in that general spot? I can't make you run your group any way, it was just advice." Bitterly I snarled at him. Opening my wings with a large swish sound, I lunge forward and I'm airborn. Circling above him again with even wing beats and ears pinned, I slowly dissolve into the sky again. I was a master of disguise. Again, I was hidden well, though Tonka would now know how I snuck up on him.

I felt my necklace around my neck and smiled. I came alive, and closed my wings, falling head first infront of Tonka. This was war now. No turning around, battle was about to happen.

-_*_-_*_-_*_-

Turn away.
I'm a monster.
A machine that needs oil.
I am the Satyr.

Opening her wings once more, she goes from falling full speed to gliding to the sand. Fiercely, she lands with a loud thud. Bracing her hind legs, she let her front half surge into the sky. A war cry left her lips in the form of a loud scream. Like a well oiled machine she slams her front hooves back into the ground. The sand shooting around her hooves like a sprinkler. "War, Tonka, war." My voice is marble smooth and glazed finely. Her stance was strong and hard.

Hidden Account
Sky
[[Thread continues Here]]

Unregistered
[[Thread resumes after fight, with @[Tonka]]]

Hidden Account
Sky

Tonka

Tonka grunted as he saw Hestia moving out of his way when he attempted to bite her back. He just wanted to get back even with her when she bit him. Oh well, you can't change the past. The brute felt a zap of pleasure when his horn drove into her inner knee, making her blood spill. Those were the last moves of the fight. Tonka knew that they had settled their anger. Sweat mixed with blood dripped down his brown body. His breaths were deep and heavy. Navy blue eyes gazed over to the sandy Pegasus with a small gleam of pride in his orbs. She had fought him well, and she was a great soldier, perfect for the Assassins.

Good fight, Tonka. I have much to learn, yet I have already improved. Her words rung out and caught the brute's attention. He now was gazing into her ruby gems. He looked away quickly trying to make it seem like he was never glancing at her shinning red orbs. [color=#FFDAB9]"Yes... Um, that was a really good fight. I haven't had one in a long time and that was perfect for me to get back into sparing. Oh... And I'm sorry for getting so mad at you. It was really stupid. I am really stupid."
He gazed back into her blood orbs, then quickly glanced away again.

What was happening? Was Tonka falling for Hestia? No, no, no..... He was with Chemical and she was about to have his foal! He could never love someone else! Or could he?

Credits!

Unregistered

HESTIA the fierce

Tonka looked at me.

What the fuck? Why is he staring at me? Boldly, I stepped closer and cut my eyes at him. He was indeed confusing. One moment the sissy was angry and the next he was fawning over me like a helpless lamb. I was screaming inside, yet I couldn't help, but not say anything. All I could do was stare back with my eyes cut. What was this act? This craziness shall be put down before it gets up.

I let my eyes go back to normal. I looked at him. Slowly, I relaxed a little. Let him act how he wanted to. Men had hormones, let them be all moody. Did Tonka have a family or did he want one with me? It's so confusing, so I didn't think about it.

What the fuck, does he love?!?! When the fuck did that happened? Uhm, holy shit what's happening..? It was confusing and not many horses loved me. Admitidly, Tonka may be the first, but did he love me? You know what, fuck this shit. Love was too weird.

-_*_-_*_-_*_-

No poem D:

"Tonka, do you ever feel you make bad decisions that you are happy you made?" She steps forward again. Hestia can feel the warmth of their bodies nearly touching. Slowly, she reaches her flaring nostrils towards his muzzle. Her lips stay neutral as she smells him. She realizes this is slightly strange, but cannot help it. On the inside, she's screaming and dying. On the outside she's enjoying this too much.

What has happened to the War Horse?

Apodis Posts: 39
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 :: 12 Buff: NOVICE
Eaglecry
I've become much too good at being invincible, I'm an expert at play it safe, and keep it cool
But I swear this isn't who I'm meant to be, I refuse to let my life roll all over me...

Apodis was having a hard time trying to forget his past, trying to clear his, kaleidoscope, of a mess mind. Everything that had happened to him, was all starting to catch up with his ageing frame. He needed to find a place of serenity. A place he could clear his mind, and what not a better place than the beach. Okay it wasn't exactly quite, but the sounds of waves crashing against the sandy shore really helped him to calm right down and even clear his mind.

A metallic scent filled his nostrils the further up the beach he walked. Blood. He new that scent all to well, one could not forget such a pungent smell. The next thing that entered the golden dappled's form was that someone was injured. He couldn't let that be, He had to go search this out. At least his mind was focused on something else for the time being.

He moved as swiftly as one could manage with his damaged fetlock. The sand was not making it an easy trek for him, but he managed, all because of his strength to just go on and push through the pain, to any extent. He could see them just up ahead, by the looks of it they seemed to be.. Fighting.. or were they just standing close to each other? He didn't know, but he was sure as hell going to find out what was a miss here.

Slowly approaching the two, he could see the vague few scratches upon them both, perhaps they had just had some issues to sort over. "Is everything okay here?" he asked delicately, flicking his golden orbs between the two rather different races. Each to their own.

"Talk talk talk."

OOC: urgh fail of a post ._.
@[Tonka] @[Hestia]

[Image: 525f791c057b6]64HP
[Image: 52878c6669a55]
Lines by bronzehalo

Hidden Account
Sky

Tonka

Tonka was finding joy out of this. He could see that this was making her uncomfortable, but he did not know why. She was very pretty. Didn’t she ever have someone who liked her before?

Oh no… I do not like her. Well… Maybe just a little bit… No, I can’t do this to Chemical. What about her foal? I am not just some sort of player, or cheater! A playing cheater! I have seen ones like that, and I don’t want to become that! I am a good boy!

She tried to take her eyes off of the brute, but he noticed her eyes slowly slipping back at him. "Tonka, do you ever feel you make bad decisions that you are happy you made?" Her voice was like beautiful chimes in his head. As she took a step forward and reacted her muzzle out to his, he wanted to pull it away and walk back home, forgetting that this all ever happened. But, he just couldn’t. A boyish smile slowly danced on his lips. “I always make decisions that I regret but then end up loving. I used to regret taking on leadership to the Assassins. I just the fear that I am going to not give them what they want and that I’ll be driven out, again. But now, I love them all. I couldn't and wouldn't and leave if it meant my life.” He extended his neck, letting the tip of his nose touch the top of her delicate maw.

Oh god, I might as well just tell her my whole life story! I really should not be telling her this. She is new, and… Pretty… Stop it... I’m just going to get in more trouble. Oh god, why to mares have to be so attractive?

A new sound crackled in the distance. A stench clung to his nose and wanted to make him gag. Then, he showed up. A golden skinned bastard. Tonka quickly pulled his head away from Hestia’s, making it seem like none of that had even happened. "Is everything okay here?" He questioned. Tonka guessed he had smelled the blood and had come to investigate. “Everything was great, until you showed up.” A cold voice rang out of his throat, unpleased in every way. A grim stare was shot at the golden gems of the new comer.

Credits!

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

Can you blame Tonka? I mean really Apodis; who likes having a third wheel? Especially when things had just gotten so juicy.

We can fix that, can't we? Yes, I think we can and should.

Let's add a fourth to the mix.

It comes without grace, and without speed; its body is poorly suited to walk upon the sand. Great lumbering paws dislodge the frozen bits of rock, without actually gaining much traction, and yet still the creature moves forward. Although it is clearly a bear, it is also clearly not actually a bear. The angles of its body are too crude - too straight and abrupt - as if created by a craftsman with not enough time to dedicate to this particular creation. Still, an impressive pelt is resting over the bear's form, hiding whatever mechanics might be below. Large teeth drip with some sort of mix of saliva and slime, drip down onto the sand, appearing to burn where it falls upon the beach. Those teeth seem real enough - or at least, if not 'real', truly made from bone, rather than metal.

Upon seeing the trio - or more rightly - the pair and the intruder. The bear halts its slow progression, golden eyes moving up and down each equine figuring as if studying them; as if scanning them. After a moment, a few subtle clicks and whistles can be heard, followed promptly by a deafening and fear-induced roar. Where you close enough to the creature, you might notice that around its eyes, nose and mouth, there appeared to be...no...couldn't be. Are those maggots ? Gross.

Moving forward again, this time at a much more efficient pace (albeit not a very bear-like one), it advanced on the group.

So what say you, Assassins? Are you willing and able to take on this challenge? And you Apodis, interrupter of a potentially family-wrecking moment, will you prove Kri proud, and fight this thing?

darknightoftroy

Unregistered

HESTIA the fierce

Tonka explained my question. I had asked a simple yes or no question and he really went into depth with it, but I didn't mind... I guess. Yet, he seemed worried and anxious. Like he was hiding something and was scared. The bottom line was that he had indeed made foul choices that worried him, but in the end he loved. I had a lot of moments like that.

Me and Tonka simultaneously hear someone coming and freeze. When a figure is spotted, Tonka steps away from me and the warmth on my muzzle disappears. Without moving one inch or accknowledging the gold male interrupting us, my ears pin and I step one step closer to Tonka. We are the same distance as before, but I'm angrier... at Tonka. "Oh, Tonka. You've made one to many mistakes within this night." Rage settling in my eyes as I stared at him, frozen. My stance said 'Touch me, I dare you too.', or 'Kiss me ass.' Either way I really ended on a negative note with Tonka this night.

I turn away from him, and steadily walk towards the gold on. My knee singing with pain. Damn, Tonka was no help. "Everything is OK, now." My blood red orbs cut at Tonka before returning to the body of the equine. "I am an Assassin, and who are you?" I kept my name under wraps for now. I wasn't going to hand out information, like I had done so with Tonka and the Appaloosa stallion.

Before I can say anything snider, a large thud against the ground rattles my attention away from both of the boys. As I turn my head, I expect a meteor or something big. Maybe a boulder fell from those afar rocks. As I see what it reall is, my emotions curdle. "That's disgusting." All I can see is a large bear walking towards us, first slow, but then quickly. It's saliva burning the beach upon contact. Immediately, I take to the skies and disappear upon the blackness of it all.

But I'm still here, and ready to kick ass.

-_*_-_*_-_*_-

A bear a dare.
A fight at night.
Beat the Bear,
But WHAT will I win?

She looks proud, like a princess, and strong, like a warrior. Quickly, she circles her prey. Hestia waits for the moment to strike hard. She tries to fly above it, but it's a moving target so she may be off. Like a hen dropping an egg, she dives down hoping to hit it's back and bring it down. The back was a sensitive are and if damaged the animal could be paralyzed. When she got closer, she realized it may not be an animal, but a sort of mechanical thing. Her ears stay pinned as she keeps going from the sky to the thing, faster and faster and faster.

Her necklace dangles around her neck giving her a constant reminder of her ties to mortality. This bear may have thought she had dissapeared, but she really had not dissapeared at all. She had always secretly wanted a Zephyr, and since of such weren't just laying down everywhere, she figured this thing may have one. She'd seen many types of Zephrys and she liked the royal Wakiya ones. They were so powerful and majestic. They looked like they'd been made if raw energy. She knew this bear most likely didn't have that egg, but who knows. Maybe it held something.

OOC - I enjoy having muse.

Hidden Account
Sky

Tonka

Wow… Women are really bipolar. The dark brute thought as Hestia seemed to get mad at him for pulling away. Why the fuck was she mad at him? He just thought that if that brute knew Chemical and maybe even he would tell her. Oh god, if he told her, Tonka would rip his eyes out. He doesn’t even bother to look at the angered sandy mare. He pawed at the ground, the sand raising and seeming to pause for a few seconds before falling down back to the earth. If only this bitch of a stallion hadn’t come, Tonka would still me looking into the blood orbs of Hestia, easily falling deeper and deeper into her trap.

Soon another figure approached the four. It was not like them though. It was a total different species. Little organisms squirmed on its face and it made Tonka feel like gaging. Saliva dripped down onto the sand seemed to burn the ground. It made the dark brutes skin crawl. A strange feeling grew in the pit of his stomach that made him want to run away. Oh god what was that feeling? For the first time in his whole life, Tonka actually experienced the feeling of being afraid.

It roared out and made the huge stud jump with terror. Its roar was a challenge that the brute would not back down from, even if he was deathly afraid of the mechanical creature. Seeing Hestia jump into the air, Tonka thought that maybe she had fled. No, she wouldn’t do that though! She was a strong and determined Pegasus. She would not back down from something that was so silly and small and terrifying!

Before he could even think more about this horrifying thing the dark pelted stallion leaped into action. His eyes locked onto the gold orbs of the beast. He dropped his head, his curved horn aiming right for the head of the robot bear.

Oh gods, please let this work. Please get this monster out of my life. Please make this feeling go away!

Credits!

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

It is a sad scene which unfolds. Although the equines have probably not noticed, the bear is old. Look closely - can you not see the rust below it's fur? Can you not hear the squeak and whine as it moves - as the gears move? It has been abandoned by its makers, after its purpose had been served. The world had moved on, and the beams were safe. There was nothing left for the creature to guard, and without use, there was no one left to provide maintenance to the creature. So it wandered, circuits starting to fail, systems shutting down or acting on their own , code writing itself into strange paradoxes.

And that was only the mechanical side.

On the outside of the bear, its fur had worn away in many places. In its great head, were gums and teeth which were rotted and painful, yet still capable of inflicting serious damage. Around its eyes - yes you were correct - are maggots (and I say again, gross!).

The poor thing. It's best that you put it out of its misery.

As Hestia descends upon the creatures back, her strike easily snaps whatever metal framework lays underneath its fur, and a squealing sound can be heard from deep within - as if a belt somewhere has snapped and is now running without any friction to keep it in place. Tonka's strike too finds its mark, and the bears neck suddenly caves inward, issuing a hot billow of steam.

The whining sound within the bear grows louder and louder, as it stumbles and finally falls. Louder and louder, as pressure begins to build within the creature. It cannot hold for long, for as I mentioned, the creature is old, and any fail-safes for a moment such as this, have long ago ceased to be relevant.

Self-Destruction, imminent

The voice is pleasant, feminine, and instructive. Self-Destruction...that doesn't sound goo-

KABLAAAAAM

The bear explodes, sending maggots as well as corrosive blood, if you want to call it that, into the skies. Bits of shrapnel and this acidic tar fly outward, hitting Apodis, Hestia, and Tonka, but only they can judge the extend of their wounds, for the creature has indeed, self destructed.

[Oh no! Hestia, Apodis, and Tonka have been subject to superficial wounds, as well as acid burns. The wounds will vary in severity, but all have sustained acid burns. These burns will cease to burn and sting within 2 weeks of real time, and will be completely healed within 1 month.]

darknightoftroy

Unregistered

HESTIA the fierce

My attack came through. Hestia had managed to land her hooves on it's back. Whether it was bone or something else, I was pleased to feel the resistance of the maggot bear's frame. Though the bear was old, it needed to leave. I look to the sandy beach and Tonka hits it's head. After my front feet hit the animal, I pick them up and let my back feet hit it. With the aid of my wings, I try to get away from the creature so I can turn and make another attack.

But something stops me.

I fly faster away from the creature when I hear 'Self-Destruct'. Before I manage to get out, I feel pan singing my skin. It's nearly intolerable. My wings stop flapping and I fall to the ground. Luckily, I wasn't to far from the ground. I landed with a thud. My legs buckled underneath my stomach. This was a very uncomfortable position. My legs felt like needles where poking them, so I though it'd be best to stand up. So, I ignore my leg pain and stand up. Now I can actually see my legs, I want to hide them. From my hocks to hooves, I have severe burns. From my knee to my hock I have slight burns, and on my under belly I am the slightest burnt.

I just became... A French fry.

-_*_-_*_-_*_-

No poem D:
"Tonka, are you burnt?" That was all I was going to say. There was no need to say anything other than that. I felt that pretty summed up the entire scenario. And I wasn't in the mood to talk.

I got the grey box turned off
>.>
<.<