the Rift

[OPEN] I hate when the darkness dies

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi

Mud turned to ice and in turn ice turned to drifts of cold white snow. The wind became harsher the further they travelled into the mountains, whipping folds of knotted black mane around his stern face. His mind was as blank as the landscape around them. It was always like this after a killing, the world seemed to stop, as if it was taking a long awaited breath before life returned to normality. The Nightshade gazed at the alabaster wastes through pools of detachment, unaware as to whether the mare he had found in the Threshold was following him. He did after all warn her that if she fell behind he was not going back to find her. All he wanted to do now was return home, back to his small damp and dark cave, let crimson lids fall over aloof eyes and begin life again tomorrow. He felt no remorse for killing the hornless, at the time he'd felt elation and justice, now he just felt the same wind carrying him onwards on the same slow moving path. The beating in his chest was dull, he felt like a dead man walking nowhere.

After all, it took the frenzy of death to make the crimson doctor feel alive. Right now it was silent and the earth was still, his tail hung limp between shuffling hind legs. d'Artagnan was very much like the Frostbeath Steppe; cold, harsh and boundless.

Eventually, he and his hell dog made it to the Aurora Basin. Picking their way through the narrow entryway that lead deep into unicorn territory, the tall backs of mountains sheltering them and protecting them from their enemies. He walked along a sheltered side, where the blizzards couldn't quite reach and the snow was not as thick before he gazed around, looking for others who might be lurking nearby. He didn't know if the news had reached here yet of his killing, maybe and maybe not, he was fairly certain someone had witnessed his killing of Solstice. An Edge horse at that. Perhaps he should be watching his back more carefully now, emotions were sure to be high and his head would be at the top of the most wanted list. Delightful.

Turning slowly, dual coloured eyes attempted to find the form of the monochrome mare. Checking she had indeed made it and waited to grab her attention before he would formally welcome her to the frozen land of her horned brethren.

@[Tangere]

Our past never really dies
I don't think we even try
There's no difference from
Where we wake or where we die

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Luneia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
L u n e i a
Maybe I'm just crazy, Or the Devil got inside.

The golden Fae stumbled around in the vast white plains of the Basin. The area new to her, much as was Helovia. Not knowing where she was headed or whom she might run into. She was fearful, but did not show it upon her outer casing. Much time and practise, the Fae had recieved at living with the permant poker face, never once faltering with such feelings. Just the odd time's when a smile or a twitch of her lips would occure, as often as the blue moon rose.

The pale gold and white patched mare came to a standstill, her audits flickered as she picked up on the sound of water trickling. A flutter resolved around inside her, having not seen running water in a while it felt good to finally hear such a thing. Though without a doubt, the Fae knew it would be possible, the stream could just as easily be frozen over. The pale one made little haste and pressed on through the thick snow and the multiple flurries the fell from grayed skies. Having been here for a wile now, her pelt had grown accustomed to the fridgid winds and much colder atmosphere. A much thicker curly coat covered her torso. Though the cold still had a bite to it.

Nostrils flared as she pushed through the thickest parts of the white fluffy stuff, now covering the vast majority of land. Rarely having seen so much of it, she tired faster, finding it dificult to tred. But her thick, long-ish legs managed to cope where some would fail. Searching past the burning pain in her muscles that wrapped around her skeletal structure, knowing that the outcome would be much better in the end.

Her breath could be seen infront of her, though the Fae could not see it herself. Her sight too meak to see such a thing and the cold bitter winds didn't help it either. Blinking past the blur of tears lodged upon her eye, she almost missed the shadowy figure standing not to far infront. The Fae froze instantly; as if the land had just froze her in place. Blinking through the snow flurries and trying to focus what sight she had left, trying to work out whom this one could be. The fae had barely met anyone here, but knew that some were not so kind to her Equine kind. Careful, she backed up slightly changing her path in hopes they would not see her. Her pale colours helped her in this place, almost blending in, perhaps it would help her in becoming sneaky and slinking around.
Though through all of that, she had lost the sound of water running, now where was she going to find a drink?

OOC: Hope you dont mind this :) and feel free to have him see her and even attack her :P <3

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi

He had heard her. At first he'd thought it was Tangere, but no, the scent was different. With a tilt of his head he noticed her pale retreating form, the taste of fear on the air and her head that bore no horn. Filthy equine. Was she an intruder? Or a prisoner? Coal lobes pinned back and a ripping growl escaped the jaws of Aramis, eyes of gold and blue snapping to her form, heckles lining his body whilst red markings glowed ominously on the white snow. Pointed tail thrashing from side to side as small puffs of flame left his mouth. It was then that d'Artagnan turned, mismatched pools flashing dangerously as he took a few steps forwards before stopping. A black smile playing on sooty lips, if it was a quick escape she was hoping for then she'd run into the wrong stallion whose mouth watered in anticipation. With crimson ears laid firmly forwards, dark tones layered his voice when he called out to the mare. "Where do you think you're going, hornless?"

Aramis was creeping forwards slowly, paws trembling as drool fell from his maw and white teeth were bared. He had not seen sign of Tangere yet, maybe the mare truly had gotten lost. Too bad, she was about to miss the action. Yet, the Nightshade hesitated, if she was someone's prisoner then it was bad form to mess with it without permission. Even worse to kill it. Though he so wanted to do the latter. Clenching teeth and with furrowed brows, d'Artagnan twisted his head to one side to ask the damning question. If she was an intruder then well ... She might as well roll over and die now. He'd already killed one yesterday, there was no reason why he couldn't make it a habit.

"Tell me. Why are you here girl? Your life depends on the answer" he growled. Glass horns bared before him as he clenched his magic just in case she decided to run, no one would escape the Nightshade and she would not leave his presence until he decided she could. Be it by hoof or by spirit to the underworld.

[ack short post is short. Sorry, I was getting a headache whilst writing this ><]

Our past never really dies
I don't think we even try
There's no difference from
Where we wake or where we die

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Luneia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
L u n e i a
Maybe I'm just crazy, Or the Devil got inside.

The pale Fae paused, she had been spotted. Shit! The pale, golden and white marked Fae excalimed to herself, pausing mid step and hoping they would just leave her be. She wasn't ready to speak to anyone and having a bad day already didn't help her angermangment towards others. Easily becoming frustrated just by the presence of others was never a good thing, So when her temper was already on the edge, ready to fizzle over at any moment, this was going to be an intresting time. Why was it that whenever she wanted to just be left alone, everyone seemed to bump into her all at once, only adding to the already burning fire inside of her. She wanted peace and quite, so if the only way was to snap at someone, to get what she wanted, then it couldn't hurt, could it?

Squinting her eyes closed, she tried her hardest to push past the anger boiling up inside of her. Where was Faelene when she most desired her company, the one whom had stolen this one, but Luneia felt a draw towards her and she always made the Fae feel so much better, just being in her presence. Starting to get attatched to ones captor, was potentially not the healthiest of things. But Lune had never once felt like she belonged with someone, So when Faelene actually cared for her on that day, A little part of her broke inside her heart encased with ice. So if this stag thought on any chance he was going to kill her, he had another thing coming. Luneia had learnt that this race where not always so kind towards her equine form. Some had tried to eat her, or atleast take a little sip of her rich crimson fluids coursing through her veins.

""My life? You can't touch me no matter how much your heart desires it. Faelene wont let that happen"" She smirked rather sneaky, She knew that no harm would come into her so long as she listened to her kidnapper, But one could quite easily use it to their advantage in situations like the one unfolding before the Fae. The way he stood aloof, horns poised right towards her cranium, one step closer and he could quite easily peirce through her thick skull, killing her instanly. Perhaps when she wanted to die, this would be the one she'd ask for help towards her death.

""If you dont mind, I'm just passing through, thanks""
she spoke the last word with a bitter tone, speaking through a clenched jaw the remainer. She had to hold herself back, for if she instigated this fight, there was no going back, nor her possible safe return, then there would be trouble..

"Talk talk talk."