the Rift

[OPEN] in darkness, I stand alone

Amara Posts: 136
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sameira :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire dark

AMARA
We are the ocean, pushing and pulling others to us

It was a normal day. Or, it had been a normal day. But the sky was suddenly growing darker, and something was changing. The sun was vanishing, and I was positive it was only mid-day. I awoke from a nap just in time to watch the sky as clouds gathered and the sun just... vanished. The sky darkened and I was suddenly scared, barely able to see.

I adjusted Sameira's egg, it felt a little different, but I could barely see it against the dark. I was hiding in my little shelter, my eyes gazing at mommy. I stood up, whispering. ”M-m-mommy?” She was still there, but I.. I couldn't leave her. But I didn't want to stay here in the dark. I saw glowing trees illuminating worn paths as I looked around, and I gazed at them. What was happening? Why was the sun gone? Where did it go? Go to light, my love, a voice.. mommy's voice, whispered. I swallowed, my eyes watery. How? I glanced at the trees that illuminated paths. I suppose I could just walk those until I reached somewhere. I walked towards my mommy's bones and picked up the smallest of her ribs, weaving it in my mane(it stuck out a bit weirdly because it was so big, but oh well). Now she was always with me. It was placed right next to one of her feathers that I had gotten long ago. I bent down and gently kissed her cheek, a single tear falling onto her dried bone. ”Goodbye, mommy.” I looked at her before trotting into my cave. I threw my blanket over my back, making sure to double it over so it didn't drag. I made sure my doll and Sameira's egg were safely secured under my wings before I stepped out. I was young, but I knew well that I needed to find my way to a herd. I slowly walked forward. I looked down at mommy again, my eyes slowly beginning to overflow. Turning away, I set off.

The questions that stayed with me as I walked away, would things ever be the same? And would I ever see my mommy again?

”Talk talk talk.”

[[i had to squeeze this in before i go to bed. sorry if it's not very good. -shuffles away to sleep- and i hope i did the whole 'vanishing' sun thing okay.]]

Image Credit

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin

Darkness. What of it? I just don't understand. There's nothing in the dark that isn't there during the day. I can't think of any good reason to be scared of it. Maybe I just don't get it. Maybe it's one of those smart horse things. Smart horse things are always beyond me. I got beauty, not brains. Not that I'm enjoying this permanent darkness. Everybody wants the sun around now and again. Heck, the sun is supposed to be around. Or maybe this is normal? I just don't know. What I do know is if it's dark all the time, how am I going to show off my beautiful coat, my pretty eyes, my sexy walk? But don't you worry. I'll figure out a way. I don't know what it is yet. Maybe I'll just have to stand under one of the strange lamp-trees all the time. But that's my burden to bear. You carry yours and I'll carry mine. No need to stress yourself with my worries.
The beach. Kahlua could not remember the last time she had been to a beach. She had gotten here by accident, following paths in Helovia from here to there for no real reason other than to wander. She had been accepted to the World's Edge and now wished to otherwise explore before working to gain a position within the herd. As she walked, a scent came to her nose. A horse, but also something more nefarious. She didn't dwell on it too long. Curiosity overtook her and she picked up a trot and angled to her left. The dim light made spotting the other difficult, but finally she laid eyes on a chestnut foal that was walking toward her. The foal looked small and petite, like something was wrong. Slowing to a walk, Kahlua whinnied quietly. Both smells were coming from this horse and she was finding it difficult to believe the scents of life and death were mingled together on this one small being. Looking her over thoroughly, Kahlua finally spotted it. A bone from some not-so-freshly dead animal sticking out of the foal's mane. An interesting decoration, for sure. Kahlua shuddered as a blast of cold sea wind struck her side. She couldn't wait until frostfall was gone. “I am Kahlua of the World's Edge, young one.” Was this foal useful to her? She could not think of a reason it would be yet. But she would need more time to think about it. For now, she would be kind to the foal, or at least try to figure out what exactly the young pegasus wanted most. “Shouldn't you be with your mother at such a time as this? Can I help you find her, or may I assist you otherwise?”

@[Amara]
.KAHLUA

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post