the Rift

An Elegant Arrival (OPEN)

ElegantDesire Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Elegance trotted into the grounds. Her hooves pounding the ground as her nimble legs carried her into the area. Plowing the snow from under her feet. When she stopped a large cloud of snow flew feet from her. She looked around at who might be here. She snorted making some noise in hopes of finding attention. She has been walking and searching for many moons now looking for a home and a stallion to call her own. Maybe she will find the one that will steal her heart and start a family with.

She has never let another stallion get to close. She was driven out by her mothers band stallion when she was little. Leaving her as a yearling all alone. She was Way to young to be on her own. But she managed and taught herself to be kind hearted but stern if she need to. She would not just let any horse walk over her. Her apperance was shamful she hoped to gain some weight and look some what decent before presenting herself to a herd stallion or leader of a herd. She was skinny and her mane and tail were like straw. She did not look healthy looking. She couldnt weight for spring to arrive so she could get back to the way she used to. Strong muscular type mare.

She walked that outside of a clearing looking and smelling anyone that might be interested in her. Her ears flipping back and forth getting used to the sounds and smells of the area. "Hello? anyone here? she screamed in hopes of attracting someone. She settled under a tree she lifted her dark brown hoof and dug at the snow. Digging it away so she could find something to eat. This frostfall was harsh on everything. It made it almost impossible to live when its this cold. She started to explore the area looking for a cave or cover to get warm. She walked for half a day and she finally found a cave just big enough for herself. She yelled into the cave "Hello? Is anyone in the cave?" All she heard was the water dripping from the cave roof.

She stepped in exploring the cave. There was a fresh spring inside so she could have as much water as she wanted. She walked to the back of the cave as far as it went. Turned her rump towards it so she could face the cave incase someone arrived looking for her. The cave felt nice and warm compared to the freezing frostfall winds of winter.

Midnight Strike Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Midnight Strike
Waiting for that strike of chance ...

A dark shadow slipped behind the mare. The lighting striped stallion flicked his ears in idle interest as he spoke."Loud, aren't you," his jet black body moved swiftly to the right side of her as he spoke again. "Are you perhaps looking for anyone in particular?" Midnight's face was an expressionless mask as his violet orbs scanned the equine next to him. A rather slender mare, with a hanging mane and tail. However, her coat seemed healthy, and her spirits up. She bore a color that could only be described as buckskin, yet it was smooth and pretty. Midnight's eyes found level with the mare's and he stared into them for quite a while before speaking again. "My name, is Midnight Strike. May I ask for yours? And, since now I am face to face with you, please don't scream again, or else my ears shall be deaf."

The stallion returned to his private thoughts as he waited for an reply. hmm. What a strange mare. It does not seem like she has a herd. Or anybody, in fact. he added silently as an after thought. Certainly, she smelled of trees and mountains, not other horses.perhaps I can use her to my own plans. he mused. of course, not as a friend, just a traveling companion. I see nothing in her worthy of my greater trust anyways.

He stood silently, ears pricked at the trickle of water streaming down. Midnight stared ahead at the empty cave now. He hoped that the equine will answer him. However patient he might be, Midnight was not one to wait.

action action action
thought thought thought
"speech speech speech"

Unregistered
Her hears flickered around to the sound of another before her. She was rather shocked to see another. She stepped forward alittle. Im sorry Midnight Strike i did not know you were present she was hoping this stallion would accept her appology. I am ElegantDesire but you can call me Ellie. Looking him over giving him a look over. He seems dark and unhappy, She made a cautious move. Towards him placed her nose on his coat to give him a smell. She was embarrassed by her apperance. She's been through alot traveling a while. I want to apologize for my apperance. I have been traveling for many moons

She stepped out of her cave to he can get a better look at her. So the area would not be so dark. She noticed he was jet black with dark eyes. She wasnt sure what his intentions are, but she felt drawn to him. She has never had this feeling before. Either if he wanted to be friends or someone for a traveling companion but she would not mind getting to know this dark figure before me.

She pressed her nose on his neck. Are you okay? You seem upset about something She was afraid she may have over stepped her boundaries with this one. Hoping she did not scare him away. But she could sense some harshness and unhappiness about him. Which she was more curious about then scared of. I am looking for someone to spend time with, maybe something more. But only time will decide that.

Valentine Posts: 203
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 12
teeroo

VALENTINE </style>
</style>

Stab my heart like a stick in the mud
Cut my chest just to see the blood

"Speech."

The urgency shook his body into action, making his older body take large strides across the frozen land. Out of the desert the went, traveling to see if others knew of what had happened. He felt like going to another place, but first on his stop was the Threshold, the only place the one could come into the land of Helovia. Worry would be etched in his features, trying to find those that had just appeared. The world was blackness, as if the Sun had burned out completely, and the Moon with it. The blackness was almost overwhelming, and though he was able to see, it was almost as if it would close in on him. He started to become claustrophobic for a bit, but the light from the pathways kept him from going completely insane. He was looking for others, and others he should find. Two hidden away in a cave, one familiar and the other not.

He moved slower, catching a scent in his large nostrils of others about. One seemed...familiar. He had smelled the horse before, but he was confused, for it was one that he did not recognize. He heard voices then, echoing through the snow covered forest. Echos? How strange. Surly sound wouldn't bounce off trees in such a way as to sound like that. There was a group of caves many yards away from him, and he ventured towards them unknowingly, hearing the echos of the conversation, but unable to make a word. There was enough so that he could come to the entrance of the cave, and there he found them, the two horses together. He wasn't able to make out much from the outside, seeing as the darkness even swept itself into the caves, an already dark and damp place, but he walked to be inside, hoping that once he got close he would be able to.

He almost ran into the mare, getting very close to her on accident. He pushed himself back immediately, wanting not to touch her, for that would be a very bad thing in his eyes. A stallion does not touch a strange lady, especially one that is mated. However, he knew the mare, having seen her in this place earlier, but not for long. She was the one dozing in the middle of Frostfall. He cleared his throat quietly, so that he wouldn't be too loud, but also so that they would know he was about to speak.

"Hello, my name is Valentine, Artisan of the Dragon's Throat. At least I was, until I lost my magic. I know not your names, but I know that it is not safe to be out in the wilds like you are now. I believe you and I have met before my lady, however I did not catch your name. And you must be new to our land as well. This is Helovia, and we have had a tragedy recently. The Gods have left us, for reasons unknown, and there is no Moon or Sun. The blackness is all that is left, and our magic is gone with it. There are lights within the three herd lands, and I would be happy to lead you to any of them if you wish. But please, I urge you not to stay here, and be safe with those who can protect you."

Stop the presses cause I'm killing time
Won't you be my bloody valentine?

template by revo. <3
manip by twiwolf.deviantart.com
I am no longer going into the cbox due to recent events. You can PM on this (Valentine's) account, go on my skype (teeroo777), or PM me on DA (teeroo). Thank you.

Credits to picture on page, since they won't show up since they are in black: http://twiwolf.deviantart.com/art/Free-Love-362011598

Midnight Strike Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Midnight Strike
Waiting for that strike of chance ...

Midnight nodded as he learned the mare's name. ElegantDesire continued on to ramble about something, but he wasn't really listening. The equine's nose had rested on his coat, just for a slight second, but it was enough to let him get a good whiff of her scent, and it smelled like wild flowers. Then again did the delicate muzzle touch the stallion's flank. He flinched for an instant, out of surprise, but relaxed almost instantly afterwards. Midnight was lost in his memories, memories of his past life. the last time somebody comforted me like this... he thought. It tugged at his heart strings.

Her words, and the smell of another, brought him back. "I'm fine." he recited stiffly to the mare. Then turned to confront the stranger. The absence of Ellie's touch brought forth a muddled feeling, and it made him uncomfortable. He listened politely as the unicorn (he could at least make out that much in the dark) introduced himself. "greetings, Valentine. I am Midnight Strike, and I once was a warrior. The lady beside me is known as ElegantDesire." all the playfulness and arrogance had gone out of his voice now, it was instead replaced with seriousness and respect.

"I came from another land, rather far away," he explained. "I do feel sorry for your loss, although I myself cannot understand the loss of magic, or the gods, for I have not one thing magical about me, save perhaps my horn." At this he paused, and tossed his wild black and blue mane back to reveal the glowing obsidian and electric blue horn. The jagged lightning blue stripes that ran across the stallions body also glowed ever so faintly, making him seem even more formidable than before.

Midnight shook his head once more, and the light from his horn went out, leaving them all in the darkness once more."so..." he drawled out casually. "tell me more about this land you called helovia. What happened here? What was it like before? " his violet eyes flickered with curiosity as the stallion waited in the dim light for an answer.

action action action
thought thought thought
"speech speech speech"

Unregistered

Elegance stepped forward seeing two horses standing before her. Listening to the two stallions talking. She turns to Valentine Hello, my name is Elegance, I believe you meet before? She looks over Valentine making sure not to take her eyes off of him. She studied both, but she noticed the saddness in Valentines eyes. What has this stallion so sad in his eyes. She was intriqued as to what has troubled him, but she did not want to get nosey. She was known to try to help but sometimes helping those who dont really want it might be more trouble then its worth.

She touched her nose to his neck. Forgive me Valentine but why do you seem so down? Has something trouble you? Looking at this dark stallion with careing eyes. She wished she could make him feel comfort in talking to me. Maybe she could help him some way. She was new herself but wanted to help along the way as she learned her way through these lands. It was bitter cold out since it was Frostfall. She turns her head to the cave she once lived in. Valentine would you suggest we go somewhere more warmer? She looked at Midnight Strike he seemed new possibly too new for a new one such as myself. She wanted someone that had more experiance. She couldnt help but sorta fall for the dark figure before her with troubled eyes. She was never known for having such feelings as she has never had them before. She didnt want to get ahead of herself. She didnt know him but she wanted to. She didnt know if she was stepping into uneasy territory. She did not want trouble that was the last thing she wanted.

She starts walking and looks back at Valentine. Shall you lead the way to a better place? I would love to learn more about you. Any place would be better then being alone and cold in a cave by herself. She was tired of being alone. She wanted a companion someone to travel with someone to talk to. As she waited for an answer the Frostfall Winter wind picked up. It sent chills up her spine like daggers.

Peppermint Posts: N/A
Unregistered
OOC:quick question here: which "dark stallion" are you talking about? Midnight or Valentine? If it's Midnight that's fine, but if it was valentine, well he's white. So...?

Valentine Posts: 203
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 12
teeroo

VALENTINE </style>
</style>

Stab my heart like a stick in the mud
Cut my chest just to see the blood

"Speech."

The attention turns to me for a few minutes. The two horses give their responses, and for a moment I can tell that they are very interested in me. Especially the mare. The stallion, Midnight Strike, says he is sorry for the loss of the Gods. Though this is a kind sentence, it is nothing compared to the hopelessness I have felt. Saying sorry won't bring them back, but that is not for me to put upon him. He is indeed a unicorn, and his sparkling black and blue mane reveal the obsidian on his forehead, just like the grey's own blood red spiral. A home land far away is one that you could be lucky to have, but not so lucky if you were home sick. This stallion didn't look to be so, but perhaps he just needed a new start.

"It is nice to meet you Midnight Strike. Could I just call you Midnight, perhaps? It would be easier of my mind to remember you. And yes Elegance, we have met before, and it is nice to see you once again.

Helovia is a wonderful land, if you were looking to start fresh. The four God's created it. The God of the Earth, rules of the herd land known as the Foothills. The God of the Spark, or of Time, rules of the racist unicorn herd of the Aurora Basin. The Goddess of Night, of the Moon that should be shining above us, reigns over the land known as the World's Edge. And lastly, the Lord of Fire, the God of the Sun, protects the Dragon's Throat, which is where I have lived for several months. The God of the Sun had given me the ability of magic for the first time, in which I was able to craft metals. However, that ability is gone now, and we were in the middle of building a wall in which to keep out unwanted intruders. I know that my land will be warmer then out in the wilds, since the Throat is a desert and it is winter."

The touch on my neck of hers sent a shock into me. I had not had a mare touch me since my beloved had so long ago when I had courted her. I grappled with myself for a moment, not knowing what to do. Her words sent another shock to me. Why am I upset? Because the Gods had left us. I can no longer do the job that I was granted to do, and I feel useless because I cannot protect my family. What is there to learn about me that one would love? I am confused, but I speak in a monotone, not knowing how else to approach the situation.

"Thank you for your concern. My magic is gone, and that is why I am upset. The Gods are gone, and since then my magic of crafting is gone, so I cannot finish the wall that would protect my herd land. But the Dragon's Throat is warm, and that is the place I would suggest going. You would be welcomed I'm sure, and our leaders are kind. I will lead the way of course, and it is in the southern part of Helovia. Though it is cold outside, we will take the lighted paths downwards, and we will be there in no time. If you have any other questions, I will answer them, but if not, then I will depart now if you wish to come."

OCC: Sorry for the wait, and I think she was talking about Valentine, because he's in the dark. Can you please remove your occ comment, because I posted? If you're still confused I would recommend messaging her instead. Thank you :)

Stop the presses cause I'm killing time
Won't you be my bloody valentine?

template by revo. <3
manip by twiwolf.deviantart.com
I am no longer going into the cbox due to recent events. You can PM on this (Valentine's) account, go on my skype (teeroo777), or PM me on DA (teeroo). Thank you.

Credits to picture on page, since they won't show up since they are in black: http://twiwolf.deviantart.com/art/Free-Love-362011598

Unregistered

Listening to Valentine talk to Midnight Strike. But she only had one interest in one thing and that was to be around Valentine. She pushed Midnight Strike away, and stood between him and Valentine. Listening to him talk about his misfortune. This stallion must of been through alot. Even though it sounded complicated she couldnt help feel that she wanted to help. Is there anything i can do Valentine to Help?

She stood back letting Valentine lead the way to this land he was telling me about where everyone would approve of her. Please lead the way then She has waiting a possible stallion of her own plus a herd that could possibly approve of her. She was nervous to meet everyone. She kept thinking what if no one liked me. Well i will just be myself.

As were walking to the new land. She heard him say he lost his power. Well is there anyway to get that power back? So you can protect your land? As she was walking down the path he was leading she noticed he had departed. She wished he wouldnt leave. But she kept moving on towards her new land. Hopefully she will be welcomed there.

OOC: I will move to Dragons Throat. Hopefully she can see you there.