[OPEN] Shield of Faith [Ophelia, any]

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

mesec</style>
      boy of the night fell from the stars</style>

Darkness.

That was the only way to describe the world in which I woke to. Confusion had hit me just seconds after I pulled my eyes open; shouldn't it have been daylight by now? Casting my eyes towards the sky, I searched for any sign of the mark of Mother. The Moon had been full the previous night, and now, it was simply gone. All around me, the faint silhouettes of my surroundings, too, were simply gone. There was literally nothing but black.

'Mesec,' a voice suddenly echoed in the caverns of my mind, 'Soon, the world will be dark, and you will be the only one who will understand its ways and desires.' My eyes widened at the message, for I was unknowing of my Mother's earlier visitation, lost to slumber. 'You are a strong boy, and you must lead them with your knowledge. Goodbye.'

My skin began to crawl and prickle as the message faded, sinking in. Not entirely sure what had happened to the four Gods of Helovia, I found myself unable to fully grasp the meaning of my Mother's words. Was she safe, and would she come back? What had she meant when she said that I must now lead them? Them who? My mind led me to believe that she meant the others who called Helovia home, but how was I to do that? I was barely over a year old, and a mere colt and nothing more in the eyes of many; and now, I was to take over my Mother's role. "But how, Mother?" I asked with my eyes cast skyward, searching for the absent Moon, "... I am only a child."

However, my question warranted no answer, and I exhaled a heavy sigh. I needed Ophelia.

In the distance I could make out a faint light, and that is where I chose to go. Deciding not to risk the possible treacheries of walking in pitch darkness, at least not yet, I pulled the sheer darkness in from all around me and within a second, found myself at the waterfall of the Foothills. It glowed in a myriad of colors, lighting the immediate area all around me. While eerie, it was beautiful, a beacon of light and hope in this time of uncertainty and sheer darkness.

As I turned myself around to face the darkness of the Foothills once more, I lifted my head and gave a shrill call to any and all who could hear me. What did they think what happening? Were they as fearful as I was? Was there even anyone left...? I quickly swallowed the thought and shoved it out of my head, for I couldn't be alone in this eternal night. It was my time to take control and lead them, even if the thought seemed impossible to me at this point in time.

Credits
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow
Panic.

It was all he felt, all consuming and making his heart race as if he had just run a marathon. Despite the chill of Frostfall, magnified by the darkness, sweat clung to his spotted coat like a second skin, streaking his sides from his mad-dash around the Foothills. He had been searching for anyone, someone who might have answers, wide amber eyes horrified as he surveyed the land of darkness around him.

It was daytime! Why was there no sunlight out?! Surely it was daytime... What was this blasphemy?!

Unable to understand, the terrified Earth Medic searched throughout the Foothills, his steps clumsy and uncertain, fumbling like a newborn colt in the devouring darkness. For so long the inky, pitch-black hues of darkness had been one of his biggest fears... Through living in the Deep Forest, he had come to a mutual understanding of the dark, but not like this. This was something else entirely, this was... The end?

The terrified thought caused Apollo to stop short, his head snapped upwards at attention and terror flooding through his veins. His eyes, wide with horror, stared forward without truly seeing, and not because of the inky darkness surrounding him, swallowing him. Was this... The end? The end of the world? Growing up, he had heard rumors of the end of the world... Stories to scare foals, but surely they had just been that? Stories? There was no way this could be it?

As he was about to take more steps into the darkness, a bellowing cry cut through the darkness, causing Apollo to jerk back a few steps and nearly wheel around and bolt. He wanted safety, he yearned for safety, yet no matter where he turned, it seemed there was none. As his mind seemed to settle, however, he began to realize that the call sounded familiar, but who...? Not Ophelia or Ktulu, for it was too deep and masculine... Suddenly, a name sprouted in his head; Mesec.

The Moonchild.

Realization was almost painful and felt like someone had kicked him solidly in his head, and Apollo darted forward, his legs scrambling upon the dark ground, searching for the Son of the Moon. Would Mesec know what happened? Would he be able to tell them just what sent their world into darkness?

Approaching the waterfall, which glowed unnaturally in the darkness and gave off some kind of light, the painted stallion could spot the ebony form of Mesec standing by the falls, giving off his own glowing light. Heaving a breath, Apollo nickered towards the yearling, amber eyes huge.

"M-Mesec," Apollo breathed out, moving closer and stretching his muzzle out towards the Moon Son, surely intruding on Mesec's personal space but unable to bring himself to be wary about it, "What... What's going on, Mesec? The world is black... Is... Is it ending? is the world ending?"

Credits

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia knew that she had to return to her herd, to make sure that Roskuld and Mesec were all right. Though her memories were flawless, the details of the land were obscured in darkness. She traveled quietly in a brisk trot, breath coming off in rhythmic puffs of white clouds. From lamp-tree to lamp-tree she moved north-east, Tinek flying low so that he would not lose sight of her in this blackness. A thick root from a tree caught under one of her hooves, and she stumbled forward, scraping her legs along the course bark as she righted herself. With a hissing breath of pain, she looked down and the surface, bloody gashes, knowing that they would heal well enough.

She arrived at the Foothills moments later, seeing a stranger, churning light in the pool by the waterfall, and she cantered toward it, able to see in the light it shed upon the nearby grassy hills. Mesec's shrill call urged her faster, able to recognize the tone of his voice easily. The pale mare picked up her pace, coming to a swift stop in the glowing light, her coat picking up the colors and reflecting them. Without thinking, she embraced the shadow child, wrapping her neck around his tightly and shoving her nose in his short, young mane.

"I am so glad you are safe," she murmured. "Where is your sister, Roskuld? Have you seen her?" she asked urgently before noticing that Apollo was nearby as well, asking Mesec questions of his own. Ophelia tenderly let the boy go and then looked between the two, her expression grave. "I come from the Thistle Meadow," she said quietly. "I watched the four gods disappear into a strange, glass hole in the center of the fields. A great storm seemed to follow them, and then the sun did not rise again..." She murmured.

Ophelia frowned. "I do not know if this is the end of the world, but the gods disappeared one by one for a few moments, as if they were finishing business of some sort..." the pale mare trailed, brows furrowed. "I cannot believe that the gods who made this world would abandon it so easily. The hole was a danger, and I think they are trying to make it right again. All we can do in these times is hope and be here for one another."

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Hana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Hana
I don't preach or scream ain't trying to teach the scene,
The only guidelines are those you need to read between.

Where the heck was the sun? Fear ran through her veins as the mare stood in the now dark foothills. She needed to find safety. Alleo...Lakota. Her blood family, bonded with them more than a vow of loyalty. The young mare needed to find her siblings, maybe a member of her herd would be able to assist the mare in finding them. She started off on her dangerous journey through the foothills. Something must have been creating light ahead, because she could make out shapes and the difference between objects and figures. She continued on the path towards the light, tripping over objects in the snow. She was scared but knowing that soon she would find the embrace of others she was able to function. The foothills had become her home, while at the start it was hard to settle in, she was really starting to believe that she belonged here.

Ahead of her grew lighter, she paused wondering if it was the sun...no. The light did not get brighter and day did not break. So Hana continued on her path, and soon ended up in the centre of the Foothills. She found a group of horses gathered in a circle and all seemed to be speaking to one winged colt in particular. Her eyes traveled to Ophelia and her bloody leg. First however she listened to everything her leader had to say. The story was terrifying to Hana, but the mare kept a mask of calm and collected face. She did not want to appear weak for her herd mates. Still, her leader needed help, concerned the mare approached the alight waterfall. Finding a small puddle by itself Hana attempted to use the magic she'd had for so long, and enchant the puddle with her magic to heal her chieftess. Only nothing happened. Frowning Hana concentrated harder, trying to pull the magic awake and charm the water. Nothing. "My magic is gone." A calm and simple statement.

Hana turned back to the the party of horses studied them each in turn. "I can't heal your leg mam, because my healing magic is gone." Hana knew that she was in shock. Ophelia's story had worried her enough, but her magic missing? The ability to heal had been with her for so long. It was a part of her soul, it had become something that she lived to do. But the gods had left and just like that they took her ability with them. "Unless the gods return, I don't think we are going to have magic in our world anymore." She fell silent, her tones so dark she felt like she was sentencing them all to the grave. "Or the sun, our world has changed, we are going to have to change to survive in it."

Panzram Posts: N/A
Unregistered

PANZRAM

Complete and total darkness. 

It was a blackness so far in depth that there couldn't, nor shouldn't be an end to such madness. It was slowly beginning to become never ending, waiting on the feeling of perpetual suffocation, but no matter the wait and no matter the arising fears the foretold  heavenly or ghastly (depending on your morality) surroundance did not come.

Yep, that was the only thing to greet Panzram as his slumbering drifted off just as the moon should have this morning. Wasn't it morning? It couldn't possibly still be dark, and even if it were, it shouldn't be so void of light and without a moon! For the first time since entering the Threshold of Helovia, an uncontrollable shiver ran throughout every inch of his body, leaving no movable spot unquivered. This was a nightmare, something like that which he had dreamt about since the time of his reawakening... yet what was really going on was different still. No angel would be coming down from their high heaven to cast away these lucid shadows. 

Which was both good and bad news. Good because he wasn't dead, but bad because that was the good news.

"H-Hello?" Panzram was truly trying desperately to maintain his composure, and the stutter in his speech and slur about his tone wasn't doing much for encouragement. Neither was the unanswered, continuous echoing of his one and only word since becoming conscious of the blackout. All of this was familiar enough to that exact moment of near death, but the situation no matter how similar still called for panic... and just like that, the flood gates were opened. Hyperventilation, was inevitable, and as the uncontrollable gasps for breaths commenced,  Panzram tossed his cranium back with eyes of gold wide and pleading whilst the spasms seized control of his muscle tight body. It was awfully hard to concentrate, more so with that strange beam of light sprouting from one of the folds in the Foothills' mountains blinding him worse off than he already was...

Without even realizing it yet, he'd found an answer to an unasked question of where the others might possibly be, but there he was unable to move an inch due to the fact that he was barely getting enough oxygen to his grieving lungs. With any luck, these foreign convulsions would slack up soon, and then he'd be able to venture his way up to see how many members of the Grey had been lucky enough to see such a beacon. In due time they did finally leave him, but as his trek began an unsettling feeling started to work its way up to the surface. Panzram had no idea where the heck he was or how to maneuver his way towards the streak of light. So he was basically blind! 

Miraculously though, he managed to pick his way rather nicely. If it hadn't been for the stream running down from the waterfall, where it was now obvious that, that was where the brightness was originating from, Panzram didn't think he'd have made it up safely- if at all. Hardly even a week had passed since Apollo had lead him into the Foothills, and even though he was of the adventurous sorts, he'd hardly even scratched the surface at exploration. 

Once topping the flat, only one familiar scent and voice was recognized amongst three distinct others. Gleeful that his friend had successfully made the journey to the beacon, Panzram slunk forward on weary limbs and gently nudged the black overo's shoulder with his muzzle. This was not how he'd pictured meeting Apollo again, and this definitely wasn't how he'd pictured his new life here starting out... but at least they were alive and they were safe, for however long that might be. With a deep sigh of suppressed sadness, he turned his distancing eyes upon a white figure expressing words about the situation just a few yards ahead that must have been Ophelia, one of the two leaders of the Grey. She was standing by another, much darker than she, whom had been called Mesec upon his arrival amongst the small group. It was only thanks to the painted man that he knew of Ophelia, and if she were here, Ktulu as well. 

As the ivory vixen carried on, Panzram found himself leaning in, trying extremely hard to hear her words more loudly as if that would bring her to tell them that everything would turn out just fine. His efforts were spent only to end up being futile, for she only spoke the truth, and the truth was that nothing was for certain. The Gods had disappeared. There was no sun and there was no moon, only darkness. All that they had was each other, and all that they had was hope (just as Ophelia had said). Glancing towards his horned friend, Panzram lifted the golden feathered wing closest to Apollo and stretched it out over his back. "Hope." The dark stallion was echoing right as the last member of their party, a dappled gray, headed towards an isolated pool of water. Her objectives were soon cleared with a very simple, flat statement. Magic no longer pulsed through those lucky enough to be blessed by the Gods powers. 

Things would be very different now, for some it would be excruciatingly hard. This would make or break a few, and determine the weak from the strong. 

mesec</style>

The first to arrive was the Earth Medic himself. I knew very little of Apollo, but regarded him as a kind authoritative figure within the herd, who rightfully held my respect. He looked the epitome of panicked, and the stench of sweat was thick in the air. As the paint drew closer, the light caught his eyes and I saw just how utterly terrified the older stallion was. My own silvery gaze softened at the state he was in, and as he extended his muzzle to mine, I took a step closer and briefly pressed my nose against his. I hoped that it would bring some sort of comfort to the stallion, knowing that he wasn't alone in this unusual pitch darkness.

"I don't know what's going on," I spoke in answer to his question, exhaling gently and meeting the medic's amber eyes, "But the world is not ending; that much I can assure you." Or, at least, I hoped that was the case... Surely Mother would have told me if the world was truly coming to and end. That or we'd already be dead.

As I opened my mouth to speak again, another familiar figure caught my eye. I nearly danced where I stood, inexplicably happy to the see that my alabaster mother figure was safe. With her neck wrapped around mine, I did the same, pressing a cheek against her much broader neck. How I would have loved to simply stand there and soak in the love that she exuded, but there were more important matter to discuss at the moment. Like why Helovia had been plunged into complete darkness. Or where Roskuld was.

My eyes widened at Ophelia's question, and I lifted my head as she released her hold on me. Where was my belovedly ornery sister? Knowing her, she probably wasn't bothered by what was happening in the slightest, but then again... Roskuld was always full of surprises. "I don't know," I answered at last, my expression falling, "Maybe we should all go looking for her, and the rest of the herd, to make sure everyone's safe." Surely Ophelia wouldn't say 'no' to such an idea?

Then, Ophelia went on, explaining just what had happened to douse the sun from the land. My eyes grew wide as I listened, more so at the explanation of each God disappearing for a brief moment before stepping into another dimension. When she had finished speaking, I was quiet for the longest time, hardly noticing the arrival of two more before I gave a rough exhale. "... It isn't the end of the world," I assured the gradually growing group, "It can't be. My Mother, she... she visited me. She warned me that the world would be dark soon, and that..."

The beginning of my explanation was difficult, for I still had yet to figure out just what my Mother had entirely meant. Would they even believe me? I wasn't after power; right now, I was just a yearling trying to keep his family safe and do his Mother proud. "She told me that I must lead with my knowledge. I don't know what she means by that, but..." I trailed off then, prying my gaze from the ground and looking collectively to each that had gathered. Other than Apollo and Ophelia, I didn't know the other two standing before me, but the blue mare's words caught my attention.

"You can't?" I asked, bewildered and perplexed, "But... I am still able to use mine."

Credits

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow
Mesec's touch, reassuring and so very solid, and proof that he wasn't alone in this terrible, horrifying darkness was enough to calm Apollo's panic, at least for the time being. He still shifted and jumped at every sound around them, nostrils flaring wide and ears swiveling in every which direction, but the Medic's amber orbs remained on the child of night. He was numb as more approached, yet his head still turned towards the soothing familiarity of Ophelia's voice.

No matter his fear, Apollo turned his eyes away from the very intimate display between mother and child, not wanting to intrude. While the black and white Paint knew that Mesec was not Ophelia's true child, he knew that they had such a bond as a mother and son... And the relief on Mesec and Ophelia's face both gave away just how very relieved they were to see one another. Apollo's heart yearned for that very feeling of relief, and his mind turned towards the wayward form of Andreas, his long-lost sister... Would they ever cross paths? If it were so, he could only hope that it wouldn't be in this terribly bleak time.

More arrived, Hana and Panzram both. He listened, dutifully silent as Ophelia spoke of the events that happened in the Thistle Meadow, and Apollo's jaw nearly dropped in a shocked stupor. The Gods... Were gone? How? Why? Yet, Ophelia herself answered those very questions, and that only caused more to surface in the overo's panic-stricken mind. Would the Gods come back? How long would they be gone?

"... Do you think they'll return?" Apollo asked softly, his voice trembling and echoing throughout the silence.

Terrified honey-brown eyes locked on the familiar golden hues of the Pegasus male, and as Panzram came forward and pressed his muzzle against Apollo's shoulder, the Medic let out a deep breath of gratitude. It was a relief in itself to see that his newfound friend was safe and sound. Panzram's touch was appreciated and comforting, much like Mesec's, and Apollo turned his own head and rubbed his cheek against the ebonite Pegasus' neck, mindful of the crystalline horn upon his brow. Despite the fact that they had only recently met, Apollo felt himself leaning towards Panzram, yearning for some kind of familiarity to rely on in these uncertain times. Then, Hana spoke of magic, and Apollo's eyes grew wide.

Amber eyes darted between Hana and Mesec, and for the first time, Apollo realized another reason for his fear. He felt... Empty. Devoid of the soothing feeling of his magic, and a choked gasp left his lips. "I... I can't either," he murmured, clearly frigtened even more but doing his best to keep calm, "My magic is gone as well... B-but... Why can Mesec use his magic when none of us can?" There was no blame nor bitterness in Apollo's tone, just genuine curiosity. "Is it because... Because of who he is?"

Credits

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia watched a mare approach, a sister of Lakota, if she had read minds correctly, and she listened her her words. Magic gone? The pale mare looked deeply into her eyes, trying to access the secrets of her mind, but she felt nothing. No whisper, no feeling of leafing through the layers of ivy wrapped around a tree, not even a feeling of her psyche. In a way, she was blinded, but now, she was perfectly... normal. Well, not normal. The memory she possessed was freakishly physiological, but she was equal in every way.

The pale mare nodded when the healer spoke. "I understand, dear. I can no longer... peer into the minds of others," she replied. "You are most likely right, that what the gods create, they can take away. They grant us magic, and in their absence, the powers are no longer able to be activated within our souls," she mused, having her own theory on the metaphysics of magic.

She nodded solemnly and sighed. "Hope, and adapt, you are right. We will need to change." Her words were mirrored by a stranger, another stallion, and she smiled softly, if he could see the expression in the murk. Mesec spoke again, and she gently lifted her neck from his, allowing him the floor in his wisdom. Phi nodded. "We should gather the herd and search for your sister soon," she replied. "And we should stay close to each other, never venture too far into the dark."

As Mesec spoke, the fact that the gods had disappeared one by one now made sense. Each god must have spoken to their children. That in itself was a promise of a return, a sign of caring. The Moon God had told him to lead with his knowledge, and she wondered what knowledge that was. Knowledge of the gods? Of the darkness? Of magic? Of the heart? She did not envy Mesec and this quest he had been placed upon, or the expectation and need that suddenly rested upon his shoulders.

When he said that he could use magic, she thought about the situation as Apollo spoke and hummed. "I would assume that since you have god blood running in your veins that you are more closely related to the essence of magic than we are," she mused. "Or, perhaps the gods are sustaining your powers but unable to do so for the rest of Helovia." Ophelia nodded. "Either way, I see this as a sign, and a promise of return. The gods have left Mesec and his siblings to guide us, and we should serve them and aide them in their quests."

The pale mare smiled at Mesec. "You can lead us now, Mesec. I will aide you how I can."

Image by Yumpy @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Hana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Hana
I don't preach or scream ain't trying to teach the scene,
The only guidelines are those you need to read between.
All around her, her herd mates...family had been embracing. She did feel left out, however she did not know any of them well enough to feel comfortable in an embrace with them. The burning desire to find her own siblings grew within her even more. This group however was far too interesting to leave straight away, in particular Ophelia. Hana had always been fascinated by her leader, so different from her bear of a sister Ktulu. Hana respected both, but felt more comfortable in Ophelia's presence. She watched them each in turn, gaze ever lingering too long as she felt awkward. Hana had only really just found her place in this land, in this herd.

Shock was still present in the young mare, the only words that got through to her after a while were the winged colt's, addressing her directly. She respectfully looked up and then answered him. "No, it's gone." She frowned searching within herself. "It's like...I'm empty." Abandoned, bare, blank, dead, deserted, devoid, dry, exhausted, forsaken, take your pick. Sighing sadly Hana looked at him and then the group. She did not turley know any of them by name. Ophelia she knew because of her leadership. The rest were faces without names. No doubt just what Hana was to them. "I know now isn't really the time for introductions, but I'm Hana." Feeling awkward like a child that had just spoken out of turn, Hana silenced herself and turned her attention back to the group at large. Darkness still creeped her out a little, her ruby orbs settled on the glowing water, it's brightness calmed her. Even cleared her head enough to realise that the winged colt had said something rather interesting. Her was still able to use his abilities. Her eyes turned just to rest on him, who was this fascinating soul that stood before her? Eagerness burned within her, curious about the colt.

The other black stallion spoke now, fear was clearly within him. Hana turned her eyes to the healer's wide ones and offered him a comforting smile. Fear was a feeling that she knew far too well, she wanted him to know that she was his friend in this troublesome time. They were going to be okay. She was certain of it. "I believe they will." Certainty rang clear in her tones, for the Gods would not have abandoned them forever! They, for the most part, were loyal subjects. "They created this world for us...gifted us with magic." Her eyes looked to the water again, the last act of care from the gods. Proof that even as they where leaving the realm of Helovia they spared a thought for the subjects of the land. "They'll be back." Always the optimist.

Hana did not have a theory as too why the winged one was still able to use his magic. She was interested though, interested in everything she didn't know about this younger stag. The mere fact that he was still in touch with his abilities filled her with even more hope. Flicking her tail gently, Hana tried to hide her eagerness at wanting to learn more about this colt. It was easy to see that he was different, even as she looked at Apollo now, she watched the winged one out of the corner of her eye. What was his name? The dark stallion had mentioned it before. Mesec. "It fills me with hope that Mesec still has his abilities." Her eyes flickered around the group.

Ophelia was speaking again, confirming their lacking magic. Sadness settled in Hana. It was horrible to reach within yourself, to find your gift missing, only to be left feeling bare. Naked without an ability. Nodding at her leaders words, Hana no longer felt like a young and sheltered filly. Her brother and sister had always fought to hard to protect her and hide the truth from her. Knowing was better, this way she would not be unaware of how dire their current situation. Preventing others from knowing the truth always worked out for the worse. It was better this way, Hana was glad that, for the first time, she would be involved in sorting out the problem. Secretly she was also glad that her siblings would not be able to protect her from this.

She brought her attention back to the current meeting. Things were starting to make sense, the truth coming to light. Plans started to form and the mare listened intently. She nodded in general agreement and then turned her attention to Mesec. "I also offer my assistance, I support you."

Panzram Posts: N/A
Unregistered

PANZRAM

For a pretty good while, Panzram just sort of stood their. His golden feathered wings rightly placed and tucked up against his sides once again. His dark cranium hanging even between his shoulder blades, and his lucid audits erect with the intent of listening. It wasn't like he had much of a voice in such a situation anyway, plus it would have been terribly wrong to just barge in and offer his own two-cents about the blackout when only one person within the whole of the Grey knew of his name and who he was. So instead, he just shifted sympathetic eyes from one speaker to the next, offering comfort for their troubling thoughts and missing magic. 

As they carried on around him with shared words, one thing imparticular just really struck him rather hard. It was a natural thing to plan out the searching of others, it was certainly the right thing to do in such a time as this. There's absolutely no telling how fearful they might be without another's comforts or the settling information that the demigod Mesec had to offer. Coming from a miserable experience (not counting the one he'd just previously endured), Panzram knew just how panic stricken those lost loved ones must be. For a moment, he briefly envied those around him with unannounced  family members. They had someone to miss while they were gone, and then someone to be excited over once they returned. To have that again, to just feel those sort of feelings again... words wouldn't even be able to describe how much that would mean to him. He wanted, no wished, for another Aero and Thanotos.

Relationships like that could wait though, right now he had the Grey to think about. They might not be his immediate family, but they were his family

With that being decided, Panzram stepped forward just after the pale maiden (whom had declared her name only moments before as Hana) had offered her help towards the young Mesec. I am Panzram, and you have mine as well. Originally, he would have been giving allegiances towards one such as Ophelia, but the frosted Queen had only just told the colt that he was free to take the lead with his knowledge... and as far as he was concerned, there couldn't be anyone more fit than the son of a God.

mesec</style>

As the rest whom were gathered began to speak, my eyes flickered from one to the next respectively, listening as they mused over our predicament. The news that not a single one of them could use their own personal magic came as a shock, for the possibility hadn't yet crossed my mind since it was apparent my own was still active. It was a startling realization, really; without the magic of healing, for instance, what would we do if one suddenly came ill or injured? Every single one of us had been left to our own, very basic devices.

"They will return," I spoke up at the subject of if and when, if ever, the Gods of Helovia would return to these lands. To fathom never seeing Mother again was difficult, but I tried not to worry; she was too deft to be taken away so easily and never come back. "They created this land, after all; and if the world was fated to come to an end, then I believe it would have already happened."

Then, the subject of my divine blood came into play. It made sense, I had to admit, but never in my wildest dreams would I have ever imagined the fate of a land resting on the shoulders of myself and those like me. Swallowing thickly, my eyes focused solely on Ophelia, and I suddenly found myself not knowing what to do. ''You can lead us now, Mesec.' The words quite literally stole my breath away, the full force of realization hitting me. Was the alabaster mare, as well as the rest whom were gathered, really putting all of their trust in me? 'You're only a colt,' the words resonated once more throughout my head, but drawing in a deep breath, I tried to put the reminder away.

No matter how afraid I was, I needed to be brave for my herd.

"... Thank you," finally came my simple reply, my eyes looking over each and every one of those present. One by one, each had embellished their willingness to assist me in whatever way possible. It meant so much more to me than I could ever express through words, and I could only hope that I wouldn't end up letting them down. I didn't know what all I had to or could do to help the situation, but I had one inkling of an idea already kindling in my head.

Straightening my posture and lifting my head up, I drew in a deep, steady breath and spoke once again. "We should branch off into two groups and search the Foothills for the rest of our family. Since none of us know if anything else is out of the norm, we should have at least one other with us at all times until we've learned more." I paused, then, an almost puzzled look creasing my face momentarily before it fell back into place. "Apollo, Panzram... You two can be a group, and myself, Hana, and Ophelia can be another. Even though you're all without your magic, each group will have somebody who at least understands medicine, should anybody be hurt."

A sliver of selfishness had weaseled its way into me, but it had not quite won out; I wanted Ophelia all to myself, to ask her my endless questions and soak up her motherly love while I could still receive it, though I doubted it would stop even when I myself turned grey. Right now, the welfare of our herd, our family was much more important than my selfish desires.

[ooc - I figured they could all branch off and go searching now, so if you guys want to start new threads or whatever instead of replying, that's fine with me. ^^]

Credits