the Rift

[OPEN] What may lurk in shadow.

Onni the Illuminant Posts: 194
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 8 Buff: SWIFT
Lyhty :: Diamond Firetail Finch :: Sing Boom Boom!

onni.</style>image by safetylast @ flickr.com</style>

The sun was here, but in one small moment, the world shuddered into darkness.

As if the sky had been covered in a thick blanket, the sky turned dark as shadows in the night. There were no twinkling stars to comfort the weary, no north star to guide you home. All that existed was an abyss, gaping and inseparable. Below, standing fifty paces away from the pit of fire stood the shaman of the Dragon's Throat. Her eyes widen in shock, but her body freezes otherwise. The hairs upon her back stand in attention, and ears flicker back and forth.

Now had not been the time for night. Even if it had, there was no such night as this. The only explanation for such unbreakable darkness creeps into her mind, whispering to her. The time of Isilme had come to an end in such endless, miserable darkness. Now, the shadow had crept its way back to Helovia, without so much as a warning. Even the fires of the great Heart felt as if they had dimmed. It was then that Onni knew they were alone.

Upon her shoulder, Lyhty begins to chirp sadly, mournfully, at the thoughts of his bonded. I here, Onni. Reaching back painfully slow, the painted girl nudges her friend. Whatever light the sun had gifted her to quell her fear of the night was gone. In an instant, she began to run.

Pale hooves plodded along the earth and she swiftly hauled her ass back toward the fires of the heart. Dry, winter grass claps along her sides and stings her flesh, leaving her all the more hurried. When she is close, hard, cold dirt greets her hooves, sand pluming up around them as the orange light reflects in her eyes. Onni comes to a fast halt, much like her haphazard travel from where she had been to here. The beads in her mane tinkle still with movement, but otherwise she can hear little aside from the cascade of flames, and the soft breathing of the somewhat startled Lyhty.

He had not been to Isilme. He had only seen the shades in the confines of their shared mind, in dim memories. Suddenly, in the endless night, those memories reforged themselves with illuminated clarity. Standing still, looking directly into the fire, Onni begins a hopeless prayer.

"Father Sun, travel safe and hurry home. I need your light."
""

THIS WON'T END QUIETLY. </style>

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin

Would I be smarter if I could? No. See. Being smart is no fun. You have to think about things. You have to analyze and evaluate ideas. You have to lay and wonder, stand and ponder, walk and muse. Who has time for that. Not me. I've got more important things to do. What could be more important than thinking, you may ask? Well if those are the kinds of questions you're asking, then you're just too smart for this. You're doing that thing again; that thing where you analyze and evaluate. Wonder, ponder and muse. What did I just tell you. No one has time for that. Life is a lot more fun when you just get to flounce your way through it. No worries, no pressure, no stress. Stress is bad for your complexion. If you could only be one- pretty or smart- which would you chose? I think you already know my answer.
The painted mare walked daintily through the tall grasses. She didn't like how high they were. Despite it being frostfall, their thick dead stalks rose well above her withers. Without a doubt, they would dirty the coat she took such painstaking care of. Having been accepted to the World's Edge, she had decided to take some time to explore on her own. She had only just arrived here and all she had been able to see thus far was the Threshold, the World's Edge and Duchanar's ass on the walk from the first to the second. Unfortunately, her wandering could not have come at a worse time. It had fallen to the dead of night while it was supposed to be the light of day. Kahlua wasn't smart enough to ponder all the intricacies of nature, but she was fairly certain that the sun was supposed to remain during the day time. At least in her home land. There were lots of new surprises here- magic, pegasi, unicorns. All were strange and new, but exciting nevertheless.

Without any light to guide her and barely being able to see a few feet in front of her, Kahlua continued forth in the hopes of finding a light source. As luck would have it, she emerged from the tall grasses and a glowing basin of red fire lighted the area. It was not more than 100 yards off. Shaking violently, Kahlua shed little pieces of grass and other dirt that had stuck to her coat walking through the grasses. One particularly annoying piece of grass stuck in her mane, and she tried in vain to remove it. It was too close to her poll for her to grab with her teeth. Damn, she thought to herself. Picking up a trot, Kahlua padded across the clay until she was within 50 yards of the flaming pool. The head was intense. She was glad for it. Taking a moment to warm herself and enjoy the light, Kahlua began to look around her. To her surprise, she found a winged, painted mare scrambling across the land. Curiosity overtook her and Kahlua trotted after until the other came to a halt and began to speak. Kahlua followed suit, halting herself and couldn't help but laugh; however, until Kahlua knew this mare would be of no use to her she would be kind. “What light do you need that isn't already in front of you?” Fear... a feeling of smarter animals. The darkness did nothing but hinder Kahlua physically. She did not feel an emotional fear- more a curiosity. “I am Kahlua of the World's Edge. What troubles you, friend?” Kahlua's voice was warm and her smile inviting. This was not her normal state of being, but what was? She was whatever those in the near vicinity needed her to be. As far as she could tell, this mare needed kind words and a friend. So that's what she was.
.KAHLUA

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Hidden Account

Were it not for the clouds distorting the black of her coat, Onni may have fled once again from the mare who arose. Her movement caught the attentive pale sky eyes of the mare. They flitter toward the girl's face, meeting a laugh even as her aria to the lost was over. Her prayer would not reach the Sun, for he was busy fighting his own demons right now. It had reached the laughter of this mare, but for some reason, the good natured healer would not laugh or smile in return. Normally, Onni would be more easier to get along with.

Instead of feeling comforted by the sound of chimes, the painted girl felt oddly mocked. The words which fell next, too, seemed to question her wisdom. Onni certainly would not call herself wise, but she found it odd that this girl would be so frank when she had never met her before. What would she know of her life? On her shoulder, the songbird chirps uneasily.

Onni's tail snaps, but she lets out a sorrowful sigh.

"Sunlight," she says, her voice woeful and quiet. "I seek the pale light which heals the wounds both physical and mental. I need the light which chases away the shadows." Open and honest, much like the heart which beats rapidly in her chest. If this stranger had met the shaman on any other day, perhaps Onni would be able to offer her a smile and friendship, even a helping hand with any injuries. However, now she only stared morosely at the orange fire pluming smoke into the sky rid of stars.

What would not trouble those who are left without guidance? The heart of the mare swells, and a heavy sigh escapes her lungs again. A pale face staring emptily forward. Death was coming to Helovia, and shouldn't this mare be more concerned? Instead of chiding her with light-hearted sentiments, this black and white lady should be fleeing to her home. Looking over her shoulder, toward her own home, Onni can see the pillar of fire in the distance, like a streak of light across the sky. The pillar which was unreachable. The weak knees holding her up and the uneasy intake of breath would not carry her there. The wings upon her back would also not last. She needed to gather her wits and courage.

Still, Onni wished that her beloved friends were here to help her battle the shades that await her in the darkness. She wished Moth was here to keep her safe and calm her nerves.

Turning an innocent face toward this new mare - Kahlua, the painted girl lets out quietly, "Death. The dead, the missing, the lost. This is what troubles me." A small smile on her lips, the shaman begins to quiver. "So many ghosts that haunt the world come out to play at night. You wouldn't believe it." Maybe she sounds crazy.

Of course she would, to someone who did not see it with their own eyes.
""

Kahlua had not noticed the small songbird before. She was oddly enthralled. She couldn't tell exactly what he looked like, being that he was hidden in the darkness and the flickering light of the fire pit was useless in helping distinguish colors. Nevertheless, she had not seen an animal so bonded to a horse before and was curious about the nature of his relationship with the mare. A flick of the painted mare's tail startled Kahlua back to life and a sigh thickened the air between them. Sunlight, the mare was musing and Kahlua didn't understand entirely. Her voice was soft... sad? Kahlua had tried to be kind. Perhaps she had failed.
Stallions are so easy. A tilt of the head, a bat of the eyes, a couple kinds words and they're enthralled. Some want foals, some want kind words, some want you to bow at their feet. What do mares want? Guidance? I can't offer that. I'm not witty, I can't ponder the meaning of life, I can't talk in code, I can't do the things that the wise horses of the land find entertaining. Maybe they want friends? Friends is hard for me... if you aren't useful to me then what good is keeping you around? Do they want kind words too? God, has it been so long since I've seen another mare that I don't know what to do? Tell me. What do you want? Whatever it is, I'll make it happen. If... I have a purpose. I haven't found a purpose for you yet. You're so... mysterious.
Interested in what the painted mare was looking at so intensely, Kahlua looked at the fire pit then raised her head to the sky. She had not noticed how devoid of life the nighttime sky was. Her eyes widened slightly. This was strange. Perhaps this stranger would prove useful after all. Another sigh from her companion caused Kahlua to look back down. Her ears flicked about her, curious to hear if there were any others about. Perhaps she had been too quick to count off this darkness as a strange occurrence and nothing to fret about. Perhaps there was reason to be concerned. Or perhaps she was feeding off the energy of her new companion. The painted mare was so obviously fretting that even Kahlua, who was usually dismal at reading faces, could not help but notice. Death, the word was bigger than Kahlua's capacity to imagine. She understood the concept, but the sentiments that came with it were somewhat lost on her. Ghosts, the painted mare was beginning to cause Kahlua to fret. It was like hearing a horror story fall from her lips and she had hardly said anything. Still, the atmosphere was right for the feeling and the quivering of her companion set a mood that was ominous.

Shifting back and forth on her hooves, Kahlua took one step back from the mare. She was beginning to regret coming over to this mare. Her attitude rather subdued and her smile long ago faded, Kahlua turned her head left and right. Ghosts... she didn't see any. She'd never seen one before. But so many strange things were in this land that she had never seen before. “I don't believe it,” she was almost trying to convince herself. “What is this? I've never seen the day become night. Maybe I should believe in the spectres.” Self secrecy was not one of Kahlua's few talents. At the very least, her voice remained even. “How do we keep safe then?” Her interest peaked and the usefulness of her companion found, Kahlua probed. Almost as an afterthought, she spoke again briefly. "Your feathered friend is rather handsome. You are lucky to have him, I'm sure."
.KAHLUA

Hidden Account

She didn't believe it. Onni smiles, knowing that she is likely scaring this poor mare. However, if the shadows that reigned within the lands of Isilme really had traveled to Helovia, she needed to be frightened. Relentless, malevolent spirits which cut and kill those of the living. The painted girl never knew why - she just knew they were angry.

Now, without the Sun guarding over her, his absence left a panic in her gut that she could not quite place. When the Veins had been destroyed, Levi had accused them of abandoning the mortals. However, the Sun still rose and the stars still twinkling. Even these elements had been robbed. If the citizens of Helovia were ever abandoned, it would be now. The void in her heart made Onni feel queasy, weak, and she dare not attempt to call upon her magic. She had been gifted with such abilities since birth, but now, she was terrified to even try. Even more upsetting, the emotions which normally would cause her to disappear and race forward to safety did nothing but grind down on her nerves.

They were alone. Absolutely alone.

Onni shudders as the word night rolls off the mare's lips. A night without any light, and one that would terrify her even in memories. Well, if she lived through the night to think back upon it. Her ghostly white face turns to look at Kahlua as she asks how they keep safe. A heartbroken, twisted laugh spills out of the painted mare's lips. A panicked, nervous sound like the barking of a dog. "When night falls, nowhere is safe from them," her eyes wide and terrified, like pools of glass. "Their glowing crimson eyes will find you, no matter where you try to hide." Only the sun banishes them, and toward the end, even the ethereal light had not been enough. No, there was no place to hide from their prying eyes.

Her afterthought makes Onni glance back toward Lyhty, who looks toward her with worried, dark eyes. She frowns. It was nice to have a companion, but even with his constant reassurance in her mind, she still found herself wishing for the friends she had lost. The ones who kept her safe, or the ones she would fight to protect. Onni loved Lyhty, but he could do little more than aid her emotionally. Even with his help, the pattering of her heart increases as she begins to shuffle her weight back and forth on her hooves.

If only the light would come back soon.
"I suppose."

Smiles. The painted mare smiled and Kahlua forced one to her own face. She didn't know what she was smiling for. Everything about this place was confusing and soul churning. If she was certain about nothing else, she was certain she had picked the wrong time to call this place home. Beggars can't be choosers, but god a wanderer could have waited a few more months to find a home. Loorien was wide. She should have just kept on walking. Hell, the World's Edge was wide. She should have stayed home with Duchanar, as bland as he may be. Her smile faded. What was she doing?

The painted mare quaked- Kahlua moved her hind right foot back a step. She usually loved life. She didn't like this feeling. Fear. Confusion. These weren't emotions she generally harbored. Had somebody asked, she probably couldn't have described what she was feeling. Laughing from the painted mare. It was harsh and unsettling. Kahlua wanted to laugh too, she didn't know why. Perhaps for comfort, perhaps because she felt confused. Instead, she turned to look at the flames as the painted mare spoke. She had to escape the crazed look of her companion. The flames brought some comfort, but not enough. “But them who? What are they? Where do they come from?” Kahlua's words snapped harshly at her companion. She spoke quickly and her tone betrayed some anger.

Kahlua didn't understand any of this one bit and she was scared. Being scared made her mad. Maybe because she didn't know what she was scared of. Maybe because she did and she wanted it to stay hidden. The painted mare's shuffling didn't help. Kahlua lashed out again in her frustration. She couldn't help it. So much for being nice. “Who are you anyways? I think you need some help. There's something wrong with you.” What was usually a laughing, sing-song voice was harsh and cold. She finished taking the backwards step she had started earlier and stared down the painted mare. She should leave. Something kept her here.
What am I doing? I don't know. What are you doing? I don't know that either. I don't even think you know. So if there is nothing to be scared of, and I'm certain there isn't, why are you so freaked out. And why do you have me so freaked out. Why am I standing here? Why don't I leave? See, look what you're doing. I know I'm not smart enough to think about all this stuff. I'm standing here questioning life and I know I don't have the answers. This isn't me. Something is wrong. I think its you.
.KAHLUA

Hidden Account

"They roused from their graves," she says, her voice distant and low. Normally, Onni was a bright soul. Placed back into such a land cursed with darkness was pushing against her sanity. After so many years of being optimistic despite the destruction of her home at the hands of first deities and then the dead, this lack of sunlight sends her over the edge. All of the misery, all the regret, and all of the anger spills out of her lungs like acid as she looks toward Kahlua, who she was apparently scaring. Good, she thinks bitterly to herself. She should be terrified; they will not spare her. "The dead, the murdered."

Her face is serious, all wrapped in delicate white hairs with wide, pale eyes. Her lips begin to whisper the words, as if speaking too loudly would summon the shadows toward them. "They tore open the void in Isilme, and without the Sun to protect us here, they will kill this land as well." Lyhty chirps uneasily and begins to twiddle with her mane, picking at it as if to comfort the mare he thought he knew well. Despite their every thought being shared, just how much had she kept hidden from him? How much was there hiding in the dusty corners of their minds?

However, this new companion was far from amiable anymore. Frightened and lashing out like a frightened animal to the face of Onni which softens. Her heart is still gentle, despite the strange, cryptic words she had laid out before this mare. Kahlua was not at fault. How could she imagine such a horrible tragedy, unless she had lived through ones just as awful? Onni sighs at her biting questions, looking back into the fire. "I apologize for upsetting you."

Turning a genuine and kindly face back toward the black and white beauty, Onni attempts to restart this strange connection. "I am Onni, shaman of the Dragon's Throat and former warrior of the Wildwing Islands of Isilme." Her eyes are soft and welcoming, though this mare may no longer be receptive to such kindness. It is just as well. The fear that burned within the painted girl's gut had made her act badly, and there was little that she could do to correct such actions. Swallowing down hard on her dry throat, the fear is not quelled but heightened. Still, she forces her smile to stay in place.

"Maybe I have finally gone crazy, Kahlua. However, I watched the darkness usurp my home, kill my beloved friends, and rob me of my life," her voice is shaky and vulnerable, but she turns a brave face toward her company. "Wouldn't you be a little crazy too?"

It was beginning to make sense, perhaps. Perhaps not. Kahlua was finding it difficult to comprehend all of this. It was difficult for her to think about things when she wasn't riled up and angry. But maybe, just maybe, things were falling in to place. The dead, the murdered. Could they really come back to life? Were they really here in the darkness? An hour ago Kahlua would have said no. She had never heard of gods, had never head of magic or horns or pegasi. Yet, here before her was a living testament to the things she had never heard of. A painted mare with wings, proclaiming the dead to come back to life. It was all too much. If she thought about it too much she was going to get a headache.

Isilme, a place she had not heard of. A place her companion apparently knew well. Kahlua's outright rage had not lasted long. She was still frustrated, but she was starting to calm. Anger was not a natural state for her and it was hard to maintain. Whatever this mare was so adamant about, Kahlua hoped she was wrong. She had only just arrived- it would be rather a shame if she was chased off from another land just as she was starting to settle in to her new life. And then, just as quick as the mare had been all shadows and darkness, her tone changed. Apologize. Kahlua looked around her. The land was still dark, the stars were still hidden. Only the flame of the fiery pit burned bright. What had changed? Nothing that she could see. Something in the painted mare.

Onni. A pretty name. She let herself smile. She didn't want to be angry. Life was too short for that. Besides, something else about the sentence had caught her attention. Dragon's Throat. She thought and thought as the painted mare looked kindly upon her. Something about the name was important. For now she just nodded knowingly (a ruse- she still didn't quite get it), although her look perhaps revealed her confusion. “Forgive me as well, I could not know.” She bowed her head down momentarily in respect and then it came to her. Dragon's Throat. World's Edge. “I think the best of us would- I'm certain you were just trying to warn me.” Kindness again. This was supposed to be her ally. “Will you stay here beside the fire until the sun returns, then?” There was no animosity, no hint of mocking as there may have been the first time she spoke. She needed to get back on this mare's good side.
I need to fix this. Thor the GentleHeart will have. My. Throat.
.KAHLUA

Hidden Account

Words were powerful things, Onni realizes. Even as her lips had all but destroyed the connection between her and this Kahlua, they have also rebuilt what she thought lost. The anger disappears from the face of her company, replaced with a tentative smile. The painted girl has always been blessed with a good temperament, which makes friends relatively easy to make, though Onni could not name many close friends she held these days. She keeps herself distant from those around her as of late, or in the case of Kahlua, she even attempts to push them away. Negativity was like poison, and the healer finally understood the pain of Cera many months ago. The effects creep slowly. You hardly notice it until your view is skewed hopelessly.

The mare only hoped it was not beyond repair.

A girl filled with constant optimism and joy, now reduced to this mess of uncertainty, fear, and paranoia. The deaths of loved ones and loss of her homes plagued her constantly in this dark, unknown world. Even in the face of an element she had come to love, Onni trembles like a useless child. Her mother would scold her if she were here. Not all can have the constant bravery of Kri the Resolute, not even her daughter. Another quiet sigh escapes her lips, her ears flicking in the direction of the other paint mare while she speaks. Something in the eveness of her feminine voice soothes the nerves wound tight, but the tension remains in her spirit.

Will you stay here beside the fire until the sun returns? Onni considers it for a brief moment, before turning to view the girl with a full face of ivory again, her sky eyes gentle. "I cannot, as much as I would like," a sad smile forms on her lips as she gazes at her company, a sister of the World's Edge. "My mother will likely call a meeting about the sudden disappearance of light. She will probably have my head if I do not show up." This time, a quiet laughter rises from her chest with a genuine smile, from the soul. "The only living being I find more terrifying than the walking dead when she wants to be."

So do I believe in the creepy crawlies? I don't know. Should I? I don't really think so. But I'm not so smart. And despite this mare's craziness, she doesn't seem too stupid. She said she lived it, right? And who would make up their past just to scare someone? Or maybe I'm underestimating the cruelty of some horses. But then, she doesn't seem so cruel, does she? I mean, she apologized, she's trying to make conversation. Ugh! I just don't know. I don't know what I'm supposed to do. I don't know what I'm supposed to feel or what I'm supposed to believe. This place is so new, so confusing. And to have the lights turned off and the darkness squeeze upon us- its just too much for me.
Kahlua watched the painted mare smile and Kahlua maintained her own. At least, it seemed, they would be able to get along despite their original differences. A good thing for Kahlua. Making enemies of allies was not a pastime that she should make a habit. Kahlua was not outright fearful anymore- but insidious thoughts crawled within her still. The cracking of the tall grasses far off from the fire pit caused her heart to wrench. Luckily it was just the shifting of the unforgiving winter winds. It was a funny thing to be afraid but also feel like you had no reason to be. They were intricacies that even Kahlua could not understand about herself. Perhaps everyone had demons to fight- even the simple minded inhabitants of Helovia.

I cannot, as much as I would like. The painted mare's words came to Kahlua and she flicked her tail just slightly. Her life had always been a series of her, doing what she liked to do, for herself. She understood the concept of loyalty but it was always a little difficult for her to implement. At least her 'likes' were often things that aligned with the 'likes' of the herd. Otherwise she probably would remain homeless, as an outcast. As the mare continued speaking, Kahlua watched her pale face and icy eyes. She really was a beautiful mare. The fear, from both of them, had made it hard to appreciate. “Perhaps we can walk together, then? Kahlua said the words almost before she knew what she was saying. Still, she liked them. “I'm afraid I've found myself a long way off from home in the World's Edge- if the night is as dangerous as you say it is then it would be pure foolishness to attempt to cross the land now.” Now, how to finalize her thought? “Would your mother welcome a stranger during these strange times for a night or two, if only to sleep on the borders?” Her voice was bright, hopeful. Was she trying to drown out the little fears that lived within her still? Perhaps. Even she didn't know.

OOC| Any thoughts on my RPing, Boom? It's been 5 years, so I feel a little rusty. I'd welcome any critique, if you have the time.
.KAHLUA

Hidden Account

Perhaps we can walk together, then? Onni looks gratefully over at this mare, Kahlua, for her kind offer. Another smile rests on her lips, but it feels lighter, more genuine, than the fake and crumbling expressions which had plagued her earlier. Extending a soft feathered wing, Onni attempts to brush the lady's shoulder gently, a gesture of warmth and appreciativeness in the cold, dark night. In the face of the great Heart of the land, more warmth was felt from that of a companion than anything else. Lyhty chirps happily at the mare as well, his tiny sing song voice answering for the small tobiano before she finds her own airy voice.

"I would be happy to travel with a new friend," she says, nodding slightly. The dark was always heavy, like a crippling weight upon your shoulders. However, with another friendly pair, the load became easier to carry. In her heart, Onni still wished for Moth or even the Samurai, but knowing they would not return made such a thing foolish. Kahlua, despite their originally unsettling meeting, appeared friendly and nice enough to spend a walk toward the Throat. Her home was already fairly close, being in the nearest Wild realm. Just a few short hours through the grasses of the plain and they would be upon red, soft sands, standing in the light of the giant pyre Onni could still see from the corner of her eye.

She smiles, hearing the modesty of this new friend. "Do not be silly, Kahlua," the tobiano says without thinking, more cheerful now that she was certain she would have company on her way home. "A sister of the World's Edge is always welcome within our desert home." Turning slightly to be able to face toward the South, Onni looks forward with eyes gleaming orange in the light of the fire.

"It is a few hours south of here by hoof, but the time will pass swiftly in the company of another."

[ I would never guess it had been 5 years! I love Kahlua so far. x3 ]

The touch of the feather was both strange and comforting. Kahlua had to admit that, despite her pride and as much as she admired her own beauty, she was a little jealous of the winged and horned creatures that wandered the land. She worked hard to maintain her image and to be as striking as she could make herself despite her fuzzy winter coat. It was hard to compete with natural beauty in the way of feathered equines. Had she been born a bitter horse, she may well have been an equine supremacist. As it was, it just made her want to try harder to make herself look as good as possible. It would be easier come Birdsong- though Birdsong seemed so close when the painted mare's feathered companion began singing to the night. She sighed and closed her eyes momentarily. She could almost see the green leaves now.

“A new friend,” so not all had been lost then. Her eyes opened. She knew little of the Dragon's Throat, but diplomacy could not hurt her. Really, she had practically been made for the task. What better way to prove her worth than charm her way into the hearts of the Edge's southern allies. As Onni continued, Kahlua suddenly felt like rejoicing. Not for hearing that she was welcome, though it was advantageous, but rather for hearing that the land was a desert. She would have given anything to rid herself of this forsaken cold and snow, if only for a moment. She turned south with her companion. This was the second time she had held back a feathered friend, though they must have been used to it. Not everyone could be so lucky as to fly. “Show me the way, then.” She laughed brightly. With only a brief look behind her at the tall grasses, she began to walk. The adventures in her life were never ending.
.KAHLUA