the Rift

[OPEN] come up smiling

Lena the Songbird Posts: 663
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 4 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Imogen :: Common Kitsune :: Fire Heather

They were drenched in darkness, tainted, looming, consuming, painting the trails of old into Stygian shades, sable oil, inky, tenebrous mysteries, ghosts and wraiths, specters and shifters. No matter how many times she tossed her head to the sky, she met an empty horizon; no sun touched upon her face, no stars billowed, twinkled in the twilight glow, no auroras gleamed and streamed across the vast wilderness. An exhausting nothingness, chained and clambering to the frayed edges of their strange world, where control seemed imminent until the dusky, haunting glow of weighted kingdoms sought destruction, where malice crooned persecution, where sanctuary, safety and shelter seemed apparent until midnight became an everlasting covenant, until the glowing firelight of the kingdom was shattered and cast into cryptic, incomprehensible ruin. She traced the shadows and couldn’t find her way outside them, shaded and veiled by memories of yesterdays, the high, perilous branches, the guardians of forests slinking boughs closer, grasping, nettling, murmuring of emptiness, of lost tranquility, of confusion, chaos and torment. There was no light to guide her way, no pathway lined with sweet nothings, no tranquility whispering, brushing, stroking the wayward breeze, the smiling convictions, the hapless whims of tender babes. Was this what their world had come to, devoured by dimness, corroded and clouded into the calamity, the callousness, of void, abyss and writhing, withering vessels? If she were to pry deeper into the cavity, the chasm, the gaping hole of iniquity, what would she find there? Serenity trapped and flailing, reaching for the heavens, the stars, the rapture of its earth to find, hear its outcries? Brewing invocations and intoxications, snared created to lure, trap, inveigle the remains of the staunch, the stalwart, the valorous? Devilry cast into starlight, blinding and opulent, decadence draped and dressed as benevolence? More enigmas, more quandaries, more riddles traipsing across wider plains, greater expanses, broader kingdoms and empires? She stepped into the unknown, of past wanderings that tied her to companions, friends, loved ones she held near and dear to her heart, wondered if they’d been thrust into catastrophe, into ruin, into chaos so that they could find purpose again. No hums, no trills, no warbles or song thrummed or echoed from her chest, and only the light chatter of Imogen’s vocals rustled in the brooding, sinful silence. She was ethereal in her waltz, in her movements, in her wandering across the Meadow, but startlingly incomplete without her chosen enchantments, thrust into an element she knew so much about, but never yearned to touch. Her honeyed stare raised its alms to the sky again, but her prayers, her benedictions and convictions remained wholly unanswered, alone in the nullity, stolen by the thieves of the eternal night.

[Open for anyone and everyone. <3]

Lena</style>
where there is love, there is life.</style>

image by safetylast @ flickr.com

Fawkes Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Who turned the light out? The question sounded like a child's, but it was mine. When the moon had left, and the sun had not risen I no longer had my headaches. I no longer could "sense" another. I was caught between being relieved, and extremely, horribly shook up of what this meant. I knew nothing of this place, and now I had to wander alone with a basic need obliterated. There was no one to ask, and I had never believed in a deity to pray to now. What did I have, but myself?

The cold and black became my new companions. Silver hooves clipped through the snow. I was followed by my hollow steps, prodding through this world of gray, and black. Often my eyes ventured heavenward, certain by now I would see something that stood out. There was nothing to catch my eyes that were straining against this endless hell. I couldn't leave if I wanted to, where had I came from I was barely able to keep track of. Beyond that I was lost. Panic didn't find me yet, I still had ears so I may hear, a nose to test the wind, and a "perfect" horn upon my head. This season was familiar from the place in which I had called home. I needed nothing I wanted to tell myself. I would survive this invisible battle. Even if I couldn't kill this foe, I had to keep fighting. Death could not easily take my last breath.

Distinguishing shadows was not easy, and I listened hard against my parting breaths, against the crunches of snow. Someone had to be out there. Anyone? I did not succumb to neighing out a call. I wasn't a desperate man --not yet.

There was a faint little light, I could swear in the distance. It was obscured by the fingers of a tree, but the glow seemed so bright against the vast black of my new life. I halted peering for a good hard second, before I heard strange chattering and let out a weary snort, my bones going rigid beneath my blue coat. "Hello?" I test my voice, my nostrils twitching because I felt more vulnerable to predators in this new world.

Image Credits

Shadow Posts: 153
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14.2 :: 8 HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Chan
She was a shadow among shadows soaring through a sea of darkness. The world had turned on its head and stolen away the horizon, leaving only the faintly glowing lines of trees to mark the most traveled paths and give a hint as to where the ground might be. It was a frightening experience to fly in this dark sky. It had taken the inky mare days to get over the lack of visual references, and even as she finally dared to venture outside the relatively bright Throat it was with great caution that she swam through the long night.

The landscape was far too quiet. Where had all the animals gone, the birds and deer and the little lemmings that burrowed through tunnels beneath the crust of snow? Only the sound of water slowly freezing to ice echoed through the stillness, making her fight against an urge to hold her breath and beat her wings as stealthily as she could. Was someone watching her out there? Someone quiet following her every move with hidden eyes, ready to pounce whenever she seemed least ready for it?

Skuggi flinched as the sound of a voice reached her from below. It was faint at her altitude, barely audible at all, but something familiar about it made the inked crow shift and begin a spiral descent towards the ground, exceptionally careful about the height she was at. One time was enough to fall to the ground, and here there was no telling who might find her. Luck wouldn't be with her all the time, and it was highly unlikely that Cirrus would show up to heal her again should she crash once more.

"Hello yourself" she said out loud as small hooves touched down into the grayish snow, just a little bit brighter than the surrounding darkness - they were far away from the colorful trees it seemed, just enough that she could make out the presence of others close by. "Not to be rude, but I'd recommend a bit of caution when it comes to throwing your voice around these days... There's no telling who's out there in the dark." Shadow folded her wings against the sides and began to approach the general direction of the voice, slowly making her way over the frozen meadow. She didn't notice the presence of the other mare, too focused on the unicorn to consider the possibility.

The owner of the deep-spoken voice was growing steadily more familiar as she turned the sound of it over in her mind, and the memory of a recent encounter in a cave far up north brought the little mare a sense of safety as she walked towards the stallion. It was rare for her to find a familiar person in this place, and she had begin to notice how happy it was making her when it happened. Especially, now, when locating others had turned so much more difficult.
"Nice to meet you again... How have you been?"

BronzeHalo.deviantart.com HP: 42
Healed

Senses invigorated from the lack of light, her nares widened to breathe in the flora, the fauna and the strange alterations amongst the foreign patterns of eternal night. It was melancholy and mystery, encasing the rock and rubble of meadow and bliss, shuddering and wailing in the dissonant silence of an otherworldly force. She didn’t know how to combat it, this bizarre, ethereal conjecture of warped delusions and decadence, shrouded and veiled, corroded and resolute, ink streaking across a once beautiful dawn, a once magnificent evening. Were it a charred, frayed, broken and weary soul, she’d have smiled, queried, laughed and giggled, delighted until the world felt itself shattered into something anew. Were it a grumbling ogre, she would have shown it beauty, elegance, finery, beneficence christened and anointed from the stars, blessed from the heavens. Were it a demonic spirit, restless, entangled in brutality, she would have reminded the earth that they didn’t all belong there, dampening the sovereignty of virtue, wretchedly demeaned from the caliber of its mighty wiles. But this juncture is something else altogether, and for a few moments she was drawn to fear, a damaging instrument of emotions sparking, coiling, wrapping around her chest as a gilded cage, binding and tapping her into locked positions, anxious, fretting. What is she to do in this world of constant twilight, of frozen oubliettes, of forgotten spells and wandering invocations? What is she to offer the wake of her sovereignty without the gift of song, without the delicacy of her muse? What can she bestow upon her kingdom when even the luminous, beaming shards of her nymph prowess begin to dim in the thickening haze?

Imogen grew worried of the brimming, overflowing apprehension; swinging ivory tails exuded puffs of smoke, threatened the clamor of intimidating brows, longed to rid the vices that plagued her companion. But in the lulled, listless, languid hush Lena shook her head, dissuading the kitsune from her noxious, disastrous plunge – there was nothing to fight against here, in the threads of darkness and nocturne. Gentled, Imogen meandered closer, trickled amongst the icicled blades of grass, chirped and trilled where the sylph could not. Was it always to be such a saddening thing, this silent gloaming, this intimidating pinnacle, this wandering twilight? Before she’s permitted to drift further into her thoughts, sounds recoiled across the gloom, unfamiliar, ghostly entrails of hallelujahs, greetings passed in the midnight oils. She answered, carefully, a brief call of silken tones formulated along her mouth, not daring to bear a smile. “Hello!” The two creatures followed thereafter, into the dusk and hollow, poised to catch the voice, now two, that lingered in the threshold of Meadow and somberness. Were they too trapped in the perplexing, in the baffling, hymns and whims of the unshakeable blackness? Upon her approach, she gestured in a mild bow, honeyed gaze flickering across the forms silhouetted merely by the glow of lights from extended branches, alms in the storm. An icicle blue stag, like a tundra’s wild, wicked blessing, an ebon Pegasus, dressed as a raven’s beloved, destined to be companions for the extended evening. Imogen danced between her feet, pressed her face along her right knee, guarded in the halting serenity. The nymph chased away her misgivings, her tensions, her keenness, for the dulcet decibels blooming from her throat. “I’m Lena. Who are you?”

Lena</style>

Kirottu Posts: 40
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Youmna :: Royal Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Lamplight Whit
The Gods were his friend today. They had left, and with them, magic. The stallion had decided long ago that he hated magic, that nothing good could ever be wrought from it, that had magic not existed all those season ago he would never have been able to be cursed, and therefore never have had to leave his wonderfully privileged life behind. With his recent struggles at the peak of the Heavenly Fields still fresh in his mind, he was reeling with the implications of this darkness. Since leaving those fields, orb-less and friendless still, the stallion had spiralled further down into his pit of self-loathing despair, his one chance of finally meeting his end in this world being ruined by a God determined to seal the rifts between dimensions. Perhaps in that other world, magic did not exist, and he could have lived as he was supposed so. But no, he was forced to remain here, 'blessed' with an extra sense of knowing when there was a rift nearby, or a being who had been fortunate enough to travel through a rift and into their world, here, in Helovia.

So when the mother of all rifts had been sealed up, and all the magic taken away from the lands with its closure, Kirottu was not sure whether to despair at his chance of escaping the lands forever being taken away from him, or that the departure of magic from the lands could be permanent. He wandered the Meadow with his nape arched and horn held proudly afore him, striding long, confident steps as he followed the lit path, easily imagining that the strange lanterns were there just for his royal blood to use in passing. As the minutes, hours and days dripped by without the hint of the Sun ever rising (nor the Moon for that matter), he became more and more jubilant, convinced that his curse had been broken at last, that he had defeated it - not once did he suspect that all the magic had left the lands, nor that it might ever return, such was his ignorance. Violet eyes peered ahead of him in the darkness, the black abyss slowly becoming something he was swiftly embracing - for if it meant he could exist curse-free then it was perfectly acceptable to him.

Hypersensitive to sounds and movements thanks to the imposed blindness, he swivelled his majestic crown about with a flourish of platinum mane and tail, attempting to pinpoint the location of such hesitantly given greetings and sentences. When the sweet harmony of lyrics coated the air and danced to his ears, he nearly wept for the happiness that filled him. Their previous encounter had been marred by an argument over magic, over its power and understanding, but surely, with that segment removed from the list of variables, she would see him for what he truly was, a precious, regal steed of nobility and greatness, instead of one troubled by constant threats of the Sun rising and stealing away his perfect form. Deviating from the path was then made by cloven hooves, as eyes surrounded by crinkling, warm laugh lines scraped the zone for her dark form. It was the vixen Imogen he saw first however, her pale hide clearer against the darkness than the mare's warm chocolate, his nares detected her too, more sensitive to the scent of predator than they were his fellow prey comrades.

"Lena!" He greeted her warmly, his tones rich with happiness and thick with honeyed welcome. "And Imogen, of course. How are you?" Even as he asked the question he moved to sidle up to her, to assume that she would accept him, that she would see his magnificence unplagued by paranoia and simply want to be near him. With a glance given to the others present, he offered a charming grin upon silver lips, vaguely making out the shape of a pegasus and a fellow unicorn, though otherwise unable to discern any colourful features due to the sheer darkness. "And hello to you in these dark times." He spoke rather cheerfully. "I am Kiro." He did not offer a nod of his head, nor barely a second glance as he turned his crown back to the young bay maiden by his side. "I hope you've not gotten lost, m'lady?"
background pattern by webstreatsetc.deviantart.com

Unregistered
sorry for holding this up. :X feel free to skip me if need be.

A voice above called to me, and I knew it. I would recognize the lady's accent, her tone any where. Was she crazy? I guessed Pegasus would be more earth bound with these sudden changes, but I guess I was wrong. Straining my eyes I kept looking for her, but where could I begin to see the shadow I wanted. Again her voice rang against the black, and I could hear her wings, her legs carrying her my way. "Oh? What about flying? Isn't that just a little worrisome?" I quipped back, thinking that without a sun I would never know what she looked like. The little lady found me and I could see the hint of her violet, dancing eyes, and took notice of the change in her voice.

"You too, but I wish it was not like this. So I haven't been very well. Don't bloody know where I'm going, especially now." I answered, only a hint of lightness to my voice that had been more of a growl than I had intended. Usually, I was better at hiding a foul mood, but under the circumstances I was finding little to help it.

Again, there was that faint little chattering of something. My silver eyes widened, looking across the chill, across the orange lights. Than, a new voice that sounded sweet despite it's exclamation sounded in the dark. Another lady, and I felt my breath leaving me in a less tired way. So I wasn't as mad as I thought. I hear her, trying to come, and let out a gentle nicker to welcome her to the strange get together. The unknown maiden makes her way I can tell she is of lighter body, but a neck of long ebony toned locks with a horn upon her head. Another unicorn, I mused. Curious where this one lived. Upon closer inspection she has liquid, gold eyes I can't help but think look soft. I doubt she lives in the north, but I tell myself my instincts were never always right. My eyes catch the creature adorning her front limbs, and slowly I drop my head to steal a peak of her companion. I had never seen the likes, but perhaps a fox. The gentle tone of hers breaks my thoughts. "I'm Fawkes, and this is the lovely Shadow," as I have no intention to butcher Skuggi on my tongue. "So, I guess I must have heard her," I drop my cobalt muzzle toward the many tailed one, a trace of a curious gaze.

A fifth member soon joined us, seeming to know Lena so I did well to give him some space. I had no idea how long they had been friends, or if this was a significant find. I briefly jerk my head in a nod to the silver stallion, thinking if he was not bothering Lena I might just see what Shadow was up to, or better where she was going.
Image Credits

Shadow Posts: 153
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14.2 :: 8 HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Chan

Shadow
and who shall I say

is calling?

A wry grin slipped across her maw, quietly appreciative of the camaraderie she sensed in the bickering tone that greeted her. A snort was the only response he got from her about the flying though. "I've been flying since before I could run" she grinned and reached out a soft muzzle, trying to sense her way forth to him - more so she wouldn't walk right into his side before coming to a stop. "Think I might be able to navigate in the night... Maybe didn't see them, but there are glowing trees all around, they tell me where the ground is. I'm not gonna crash."The thoughtful comment warmed her though. How long had it been since anyone scolded her for being reckless in the air? Not since her mother, she believed, before her death. It had been a constant source of discussion between them, while Rökkur had listened and kept his hocks out of danger...

Sighing faintly, the girl returned to the moment and peered at Fawkes through the gloom, searching for the pallor of his mane as fixture for the eyes. "You should still come south" she suggested, once again making the offer she'd extended to him at their first meeting. "The herd is nice, and there's light there. Not much, but enough to actually see who you're talking to."

She shrugged a bit and looked at him expectantly, hoping for a response. Instead his attention seemed to trail off, and with a slight frown Skuggi strained her hearing, just in time to hear the voice of another not too far away. At once she tensed up, wings fluffing her up to double the size, and with a sidestep she aligned herself with the blue stallion and gazed warily through the black abyss in the direction of the voice. The mare wasn't nearly as trusting of the gentle voice as Fawkes was, and as the shape of a tall mare came into view she kept eying the lady suspiciously, even as her companion introduced them. Shadow mumbled something incoherently, growing decidedly more quiet as yet another unicorn suddenly appeared, introducing himself as Kiro..

It was quickly growing uncomfortable. Woolen ears slowly turned backwards after the dismissing look the white horn-bearer gave her - she thought it was her he looked at, at least - and with narrowing eyes the small crow glared at him through the gloom.

"Nice to meet you all" she grumbled testily and began to withdraw, decidedly not interested in making acquaintances like that airhead of a steed. "I gotta go... Fawkes, you can come along if you want. I'm sure you'd be welcome at the Throat." She offered him a questioning look, then turned and began to walk back in the direction she had been coming from. There was nothing to find in the dark, she decided. Better to wait it out behind the safety of the borders, with horses that she knew she could trust.

Friends could wait till the sun was back in the sky.

((Shadow out))

BronzeHalo.deviantart.com HP: 42
Healed

Confusion was becoming a rapt, constant existence, the fury and might of the uneasy evening. The voices meant nothing to her, materialized out of thin air, conversations, syllables and phrases dipped into fluid, midnight oil, and she only a shadow transfixed in the nocturnal grandeur. She watched them, ensured her smile remained in place, and was only distracted by a familiar scent distorting her sentiments, invoking ominous memories of misplaced boleros and faltering grins replaced by the raw tenor of her staunch composure. He grew closer, and the nymph stiffened marginally, a taut, fleeting mess of bird wings and downy feathers, ready to coil her song into sonnets and urge him away from a peace he may distort, contort, fuel and fire away with the invocations of his rancor. But it was bewilderment crossing over her features, inciting the return of her mystification, when he arrived tailored and cloaked in warmth, in rich energy, in unbroken serenade. Her wonder flickered in her honeyed eyes, in the depths and fathoms of her twinkle, gazing upon him as though she’d seen a ghost. Was he not frustrated, cross and vexed with her? Hadn’t he been warped, asp and slinking, sinuous viper in blades of grass, offering his sword, gesturing his ability to wield it should one more sharp lance of her tongue stain his ears? Didn’t he remove his presence from hers, molten and incensed? Who was this creature before her, noble, graceful, charismatic again? How many roles and masks did the male possess? Imogen may have felt the same way, tilting her head at Kiro’s appearance, imparting Lena’s views with a simple gesture of her own. The fairy bobbed her head at his presence, allowed the life of her harmonious voice to unravel and untangle from her lips, but couldn’t find the prying nature to ask him all the queries brewing in her mind. “We are well, Kiro.” She didn’t know what to do when he sidled up next to her, so altered, so morphed, so transformed since their last exchange. The kitsune offered her the briefest of reprieves, maneuvering her form between them in a protective gesture, staring down her nose at the tall stag. Only after the ivory figure, demon and angel boiled into one perplexing stature, extended his greetings to the others did she answer his other question. “I’m rarely lost.” A lie, for she frequently wandered down courtyards of no return, no purpose, no goal, and only when she’d become a nomadic, wayfaring gypsy did she return to the pieces of herself she’d left scattered over primrose paths.

Lena returned her attention to the others, ignoring the odd prickling, the strange nettling essence Kiro’s presence kindled within her (why wasn’t he fuming?), and settled upon the ebony mare and her cerulean companion. Fawkes and Shadow. He peered upon the fox nestled in the junction of hooves, and the kit responded in kind, chirping her presence in case she’d been ultimately forgotten in the midst of passing words and perplexities. The fey’s words twisted from her throat, tried to ease the casual bridge of the unknown between strangers. “A pleasure, Shadow and Fawkes. What brings you out into the wild night?” But before she has the chance to bestow any other earthly amiability, the femme dubbed from the inklings of shade appeared uncomfortable, disappearing towards the branches and brambles of dusk, barely leaving her own allures, enchantments and invocations into the atmosphere. Lena’s brows furrowed, in worry, in consternation, in apprehension, pondering over the meaning of the mare’s dispersion, if she’d somehow conjured the need to leave, if she’d erred by stirring up the Stygian skies with smiles and gentleness. Regret toiled into remorse, knotting and twisting into rancor, and her billowing song followed in the same stead, hoping her unforeseen fallacy could be fixed. “I’m sorry if I have chased away your companion.” The nymph glanced back towards the pervading darkness, hoped that the quiet being managed to find her home (did she say the Throat, that bitter world of sand, dust and might?) safely. Her eyes peered briefly along Fawkes once more, offering her condolences amongst the stretching silence.

Lena</style>

As the night crept on, moonless and abysmal, Kiro could not have been more buoyant. Nowhere in sight was there a hint of the return of the Moon, or the Sun, and with them, the magic that would change his body, transform him into the monster he abhorred. If only Kiro could look into a mirror and see a reflection of his soul - he would see the ugly, foul beast that he hated staring back at him, even with his youthful, healthy skin upon him. But he was blissfully ignorant to his own faults, yet critically aware of them in all other people. In saying that, he overlooked the surprise that coloured Lena's features, merely taking it as a pleasant recognition she expressed in the simple, vague way he figured all young females dazzled by his presence must react.

"Then perhaps this is one of those rare occasions." He spoke in jest, though the tone he used probably spewed forth in more of a domineering, mocking manner. He was uneducated in the way of playful banter, having mostly dealt with slaves in his court, slaves or lesser beings, and even though he held some small shred of respect for this mare (evidenced by the sheer fact that he was at least attempting to be civil), the mockery was impossible for him to train out of the tonal modulation of his words. Now, his attention drifted to the others present, his ever expanding pupils taking in the dark shapes, his ears tilting as more words were exchanged - the abrupt departure of the winged fae, the shifting steps of the fellow unicorn, all led Kiro to be essentially disinterested in them - if they paid him no attention, he was not about to pay them any.

Lena apologised then, to the remaining unicorn steed, Fawkes, taking blame for scaring away the shadowy pegasus. The silver steed shrugged, a roll of his shoulder, as he truly did not care that the other had left - why should he? Those adorned without a horn were not usually treated any differently to him, he let them live so long as they let him live his life, but he never sought their company out. "Lena, stop apologising." He grunted the command with all the air of a prince taking a fair maiden under his protection - being royalty meant one never had to apologise, at least, where he came from. And he was royalty. He smiled a debonair grin, tilting his crown as he considered her pretty face, completely oblivious to the confusion he might have caused her - confusion that he might still be causing her. He motioned to reach out, to extend his muzzle to her dark shoulder - an act of comfort, of welcome…

And then the Moon rose.

It was subtle, at first ,the reappearance of the stars in the sky. He did not notice it, the way the night became easier to see, the way the mahogany hide of the belle beside him became richer, the way the moon in the sky lit up his hide like liquid quicksilver. It was in the reflection of Lena's very cocoa eyes that he saw the shape, the great orb that defined him, gave him his true form. He hated her, the Lady of the Moon, but not as much as he hated the Lord of the Sun.

For if the Moon had risen, the Sun would surely follow.

The hatred was evident in his façade as he stared into Lena's eyes, the piercing violet gaze grasping onto that orb's reflection - there was a sadness there too, one that hoped to deny the Moon's existence - surely it was only an illusion, a trick, it could not be real. And then, he looked up, tearing his gaze away from her with all the violence of ripping off a bandaid from a bleeding wound, and he beheld the magnificent celestial body in the sky. It was all he could do to stop from weeping, as he felt the tingling in his skin, the curse reawakened. He staggered backwards now, his thick, muscly body acting as if it had been hit by the force of a freight train in the chest. He regained his balance soon enough, but not until he was several paces away from the remaining unicorns. His breathing had increased, his heart rate was racing, sweat began trickling down behind his ears. "No…" Was all he could say, crippled in his grief.

Unregistered
whit did sneeky post

"Well you do know how to manage better than me, " I would admit, because I had no idea what it was like to fly, daylight or not. Teeth clamped tight on other things I might say, because Shadow was capable. She had probably been all over this place even in the dark. Again she asked me to head south, and I felt my lips twitch, breaking into a smile. I wasn't sure that was where I should go. Afraid in that country I would stick out, or not be as welcome as she thought. "I'll think about it, becaue I'm sure sick of the dark."
That was all I had to say. I didn't want to be badgered about my hesitation.

Quietly, chuckling as the black mare made herself seem more large, more deadly I'm glad she least seems to trust me with a stranger on the horizon. It would seem, there were one too many Unicorns or strangers for Shadow's presence. I titled my head, trying to see where her voice had gone, but I think it's the other stallion she is displeased with. "Hello," I politely tell the white furred creature, raising my head, attention upon Lena who is asking a us both a question, I intend to answer. Before I have anything to do or say, Shadow tells me "goodbye". I didn't miss the look she shot me. I frowned, thinking she was displeased with me as well. This is why I want to tell her I probably shouldn't go to the Throat.
"Shadow..." I try, taking a step, but already hearing her beging to take flight. I stand there, holding it all in, quietly taking note of the company I was left with.

"I don't think it was you," I murmured in a sincere tone, trying to hide any cut to it. I'm certain its the silver stallion who seems quite full of himself, commanding the lady to stop. For some reason I don't think I should leave him alone with Lena. Since she knew him, she must know who, and how he was. So am I still trying to find something to protect again? Twitching my ivory tail, I offer him a glance, a question of where he was from about to come out of my mouth when there is the fainest of silver light from the moon. Unbelieving, I raise my head, looking the bright orb that had risen, gracing us with more of its light. First I notice nothing else, until the the slamming steps, the flickering limbs shuffling through the broken grass. I look to notice the silver brute is in shock, shifting backwards like a drunk as if the moonlight was burning his skin. I give a bewildered look to the dark bay lady, and glance to the not so proud stallion. "It's only the moon, or does it turn your blood to poison?" Seeing the stallion afraid, surely meant it did something terrible.
Image Credits

Broken rhapsodies, chipped piano keys, shattered, severed crescendos and harmonies, strange, altered stanzas, from comfortable melodies to lamenting dirges, awakened by the slightest mishaps. Lena inwardly flinched at the bramble of Kiro’s words, perhaps caustic, perhaps callous, perhaps maligned and coarse over her memories and mishaps – maybe she was lost again, traveling with nothing in her grasp but worn whimsies and frail fancies. Her pursuits were always measured in the same frame, perseverance, might, strength in the foundation of her movements, motions, and sentiments, gliding through the wintry halls, foreign corridors, eagerly anticipating a method to raise her herd to power. Was there something else she should be searching for, an aim, a goal, another purpose besides the rising dominion of her chilled empire? At his harsh invocation, stop apologizing, she looked away, to the shadows painting the darkness across the horizon, to the meadow floor dotted in miniscule plumes, to the edge of the earth scattered from the roaming mist. Rough, brash ambience and resonance coated her ears, and if she closed her eyes, she could mold his voice to images of her father, grating, belligerent, or to her mother’s, unhinged and disturbed. Instead, the nymph’s features dipped into a frown, lips molding downward, brow furrowed in distorted thoughts, pondering over the odd occurrences, barely registering his distorted grin, his reaching out towards her frame. Had she truly fumbled somehow, chasing away the flying, nocturnal spirit with niceties? What words altered the course of their conversations, actions, and appearances? Was it her presence, too offensive, too inviting? Or was it as Kiro stated, not her fault, but the mere snippets of awkwardness, burdened from the dampening ethos of the atmosphere? How could she repair the damaged contents, when she remained unsure and hesitant?

The fairy managed an attempt, as Imogen nosed her way towards Fawkes’s welcoming gestures, allowing the warmth of her gaze to follow the two, tender, compassionate, kind and altruistic all over again, hoping the depths of her generosity and amiability would somehow pervade the world’s munitions. To Fawkes, with his gentle, blue aura, and then to Kiro, where they adjusted quickly to stark surprise, apprehension, then subtle tranquility; she’d been witness to his swift changes before, from dancing across a soil stage, to cutting, abrasive phrases, clipped, raw and scathing, bitter acid rasping from a snake’s tongue. Lena studied the depths of his sudden persecution, watching as hatred seethed and rippled through his eyes, a smoldering, searing flame of wrath mixed with somber acceptance. Instead of drowning herself in the misery of contemplation again, in pondering whether she was to take fault for this circumstance too, she stepped forward as he backed further into the midnight veil. She followed Kiro’s gaze to the moon, shining, brilliant, gleaming with its luminous prowess, and while she was glad for its light, for its beaming opulence, he seemed to shiver, disintegrate, stunned and distressed by its magnificence. The cerulean stag’s voice ghosted over the boundary, and she tore herself away from Kiro’s condition for only the lightest bout of words, idle, foreign, as curious as he. “Not I. But I’m not aware of his situation…” The Nurse trailed off, because she truly didn’t understand the reasons behind his fear, his wrath, his ire and apprehension towards the celestial body. Did she ail him in some way, injure, harm, wreak havoc upon his senses? Did she conjure writhing, grinding pain on his figure? True to form and nature, she wished to aid in his anxiety, to fend off the barbs and nettles attacking, assaulting, besieging his body, and regained her movements, elegantly stole away the light of the moon, and became a tower in front of its shining spectacle as he cowered from its heavenly essence. Amongst the twisting, confusing elements, she prospered the entity of her benedictions, extending them like harpsichord strings, invoking enchantments, protection, and sanctuary. Her cranium converted to a regal statue, ignited by the incandescent luster, a rich, patient, gentle, unruffled and composed song floating from her lips. “Kiro, how can we help you?”

Lena</style>

If only the blue unicorn who stood so near knew just how close to the truth he had come with his words, his innocent and benign query. Kiro shuddered, unable to comprehend anything else around him, barely registering the questions they threw his way. Hatred and anger boiled beneath his skin, his muscles tensed and flexed against the sturdy skeleton they clung to, his ears swivelled haphazardly, unable to decide whether they were enraged or wanting to listen to those around him. Why, why did she, that wretched Moon, have to return? Life had been perfect in her absence, and now she was back - surely that meant he would have to watch her trail across the night sky until the horizon lightened, and stole his youthful body from him once more.

A snarl had curved his lips when his eyes finally did tear away from the skies above, and he cast his glare upon those who were staring at him. What did they see when they looked upon him? A steed, strong and healthy, youthful and yet standing here, quivering and cowering beneath the mere appearance of the Moon. Was he truly that close to giving away his secret? How could he be so foolish, so rash? Anger masked his façade now, obliterating the fear that stained it before, as his rage filled his body with a passion, a life, a defiant and determined light. He peered down his nose as those who stared at him now, his snarl becoming more of a sneer, as with a curled nostril he snorted their questions away, swishing his elongated tail, as if the great sweeping motion could easily push aside everything that had just occurred. He looked to the stallion whose words had cut so close to the truth, then to the mare who was showing the same degree of curiosity she had displayed at their first meeting. Why was it that she questioned him when he was brought before her in his finest body? What was it she disapproved of?

"Nothing is wrong. I need no help." He spoke curtly, at least, the tones were curt for him. He spoke to them as if they knew nothing, as if they were nothing but simpletons, fools trapped in this world and struggling to survive while he flourished - he was so blinded by his view that he could not see that the opposite was in fact true, he was the fool and they were the survivors. He threw a lingering glare back up to the Moon, as if he might burn her upon her celestial pedestal with the power of his stare. Then his expression became blank as he fought to control it. He looked to the chocolate maiden whom he was slightly more familiar with, wondering what it was about her that seemed to threaten his secret so. Why does she ask the probing questions? Why does she offer her help, when there is nothing she truly could do to ever alleviate him of this condition? He had wondered before, whether she was a witch, a sorceress, a wielder of magic, who might actually be able to lift this wretched curse from his suffering body.

For surely, only magic could ever cure him.

"Now, Lena, where was it you said you came from?" It was an attempt to change the subject, to shift the limelight for a change. He yearned for nothing more than to find a deep, dark cave within which to lie and wait the Sun to rise and take his beautiful form from his very hide, but he could not do that without exchanging some form of pleasantries first. He would not be made a fool of again, in front of this far too curious mare, and her far too cunning friend. His attention shifted again to the stallion, his violet gaze piercing and questioning, yet also weighed down with a secret, a weariness, as he attempted some semblance of grace in his tones once more. "And you, sir?"

[ whee sorry for the wait <3
@[Fawkes]
@[Lena] ]

Brushed aside again, a light feather blown upon, floating off into the air to land where another wouldn’t see the frayed edges or unraveled ends. A passed over face within meetings, a worthless, useless entanglement of emotions and sentiments, offering guidance, humility, tenderness and warmth, and watching as it was steadily ignored. Another disregarded moment passing over the valorous touches of her willing soul, varnished, polished for its beauty, for its regality, for its incandescence, allowed to fall to the dusty floor, cracked, splintered and smashed. A slap in the face of her spirit, obliging, proffering, eternally convinced in salvation, absolution, forgotten and slighted, spurned and shunned. Often it was by her own herd, the garden of power, prestige and danger, and perhaps for good reason – her heart was not made for their villainy, for their deceit, for their treachery, but she’d always managed to sequester her songs and melodies for their ailing bodies, their fatigued souls, their nefarious, sinister minds. But now, it was by Kiro again, and deep in the vessel of her merciful essence, a brewing frustration gathered. Amongst gods and monsters, she’d maintained her nymph status, burned her rapturous cadence into the rhythm of the blighted, petulant labyrinths, innocence lost into the reveries of their heathen boleros, and she’d willingly followed, gave chase to the hymn of their war drums. Yet, the creatures still maddeningly refused her gifts, her assistance, her immolations, and she didn’t know how much more to extend before her exasperations became fuel for darker order, for her demands, for her commands, for her pleas, whispers, and songs to be heard, from their dingy corridors, from their callous parlors, from their secretive, clandestine hallways. Lena didn’t ask for secrets to be shared, she carried her own burden of them locked against her chest, she didn’t pry open clasps, bolts or chains, and she didn’t explore into the realm of their haunted pathways, their decadent trails, and still she was refused. What would it take for the world to understand she didn’t wander to see them suffer, she didn’t traverse to witness them blinded and submerged in the rancor of their immoral longing; she existed to mend, to heal, to soothe the broken, restore, raise them up so that they could witness the stars, the horizons, the heavens again.

So what was she to do when they declined, rebuffed and dismissed the wholesome whims she longed to share? Remain a nameless piece of loam, crawl into the gloaming foyers, suffer and simper in the reeling gesture of another banishment, another rejection? Her blood burned, ire invoked and christened by Kiro’s curt denial, and she tried to not let it soak into her skin, into her face, where it’d dance a merry waltz of sin and irony. Was he so blinded by his own assertions? By his own declarations and pronouncements? Had he forgotten the way his body shirked the press, the touch, the sensation of the moon? Did he live in the outer reaches of denial, a shimmer of contradictions, conflict and opposition, merging with the distorted shambles of truth and lies? She took in a sharp breath, allowed it to drift over her in sharp brambles, nettles ghosting along the courtship of her sienna frame and the luminary sanction of the horizon’s tendrils, and shifted her eyes to stare upon him. Fixated, hardened, narrowed, suddenly pointed to a blunt edge, fierce and enigmatic, not holding the kindled warmth from before, distinct vexation ignited in the light behind their honeyed hue. For beneath the radiance of her grin or the light of her grandeur, she could still ignite, she could still bellow, she could still fight the canvas of misery. Her words, remaining graceful, poised, armed her sentiments with the wild candor of her audacity, persistent, persevering, the refined point of a beneficent creature. “Your actions prove otherwise.” You lie. Daring, she moved closer, and Imogen chirped on in bold encouragement, dancing across the untamed blades of grass swindled and swayed by the errant breeze. She wanted the stag to know she could see beyond the realm of his falsehoods, but no further – she knew naught of what specious, haunting requiems filtered into his frame, into his body, into his heart, but she’d try, she’d listen, she’d mend, if he only allowed her. What did he hide in the ire of his magnificence, and how many masks did he wear?

The sylph danced a fine line, and permitted Kiro to alter the subject. Would Fawkes pretend too, to forgo the rigid moments of a strong beast quivering in the ethereal dusk? To morph into a strange nuance of pretenses, masquerades and swallowed condemnation? She changed her appearance thereafter, fought the edges of her discontent until they molded into the calm raptures of former composure, drew a smile to both individuals before coiling her stare towards the distant mountains. Her home, an easy question to answer, and she proceeded with the same airy, distinct call of feys and fairies, harboring and harpooning the desires to say more, to indulge in the curiosities of Kiro’s rebuttals, Fawkes’s stony silence. “I’m from the Aurora Basin.”

[Feel free to jump back in Sica! I know you're busy. <3]

Lena</style>

It was easy to put on the mask, the façade, to parade the act of one unconcerned, to adorn the appearance of normalcy so swiftly after losing control. It was how he lived, volatile, ever unstable, forever torn apart by the magic that had been revived with the rising of the Moon. He could feel it, beneath his skin, shuddering, shivering, humming with a life of its own, beyond his control. It was unwanted, a taint to his perfect complexion, a drop of poison in a pool of quicksilver. He hated it, loathed it, wanted it to be gone forever. Kiro had been so happy in the absence of the Moon and Sun, that incessant hum of magic had disappeared with them, and with the Moon's return, he felt it's threat once more. Why did it have to be him? Why couldn't the curse have been broken permanently? Why was it so determined to ruin his life?

If he denied it enough, would it cease to exist? Was it truly back, or was he simply being paranoid, his fear misplaced? After all, the true test as to its return would occur only when the Sun rose, and that had not happened - not yet. Did he have anything to fear while it was just the Moon in the sky?

Yes. He still feared what would happen when the Moon left the sky, and the Sun filled it.

A sharp reprimand dripped from the lips of the vixen, the steed winced as if physically struck by the steely tones, his violet gaze shifting behind shuddering eyelids, his ears laying down and rising again in one smooth motion as he considered her. The rich mahogany pelted belle shifted closer, and he glanced at the space between them, as if to measure it with an incredulous surprise. How dare she? Once again, she danced along the lines of his self control, threatened to tear down his resistance to his own curse, to expose the darkness that lied within him, and to what end? What did she intend on doing once she uncovered the curse that transformed him, that destroyed everything that was beautiful about him? Kiro had little faith that she could ever help him, she was but a girl, a simpleton, lost in the wilds, alone in the darkness with her strange little fox by her side. She was naught more than a pretty face to him, one that he admired for its gentle curves and musical laughter, and one that he disliked for her probing eyes and icy accusations.

Then the anger seemed to ebb, the accusing stare faded and was replaced by the previous welcoming, gentle expression softening the hard contours of her crown. The subject altered, but the stallion seemed disinclined to respond - he barely registered upon Kiro's attention span, drawn that his focus was this belle who seemed almost as capable as he at switching her moods, shifting her emotional façade to the outside world. Aurora Basin, she murmured, the colourful intonation of her chords innocent and pure once more. It was a name he had never heard before, an area he was unfamiliar with, even as he proudly boasted to be the lady's guide in the darkness through the wilds. He felt sheepish, somewhat of a fool, and the sensation only led to make him more angry, frustrated that he was as helpless in this realm as he was as helpless in curing himself of this curse.

"And where, pray tell, does the Aurora Basin lie?" Though he was vexed, his tone remained polite, if a little sharp and jagged around the edges. He would do all he could to maintain this line of talk, to forget about the fear that had taken him before, and to make others think him nothing more than a normal, sterling steed of Spanish silver.

[ @[Lena] ]