the Rift

What's To Say About The South? [Open]

Kivae Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

You're probably wondering who I am, and why I'm in this place now. Between the trees and seeing a few that were glowing in a sky that was just black, I must of been some type of strange sight. I wasn't really botherin' much of the folks in this area, seeing as none of them had come around to visit me just yet. Though, this place is suitable, even in the darkness and strange glowin' trees, I can already feel more comfortable with these things. This place smelt heavy of scents of different souls, and soon enough I might strike the gold mine and meet someone. Not everyone is so important in this area, but as far as things were, I'm just scootin' about lookin' for somethen that isn't around.
Well, I might as well say the rest I'm roam'n about in these places. My old life was sort of a trainwreck. Mom died, Dad was strange enough, and turned me strange as well, my love wasn't really my love anymore, it seemed as if I lost feelings for him over time and he seemed to suit my feelings with himself, flirt'n about with the other girls while I was out with my rag-tag gang of friends. He always found some type of nuisance in them and told me to stay away, but I was bred to be a rebel, it was my pure blood, and I went with it. I spent every bit of time with them that I could spare. We would run about and chase trouble, find others to party with us, and then sometime in the night, just pass out together in some field and just sleep. Before long, I guess we became sort of a herd together. My good friend of mine who happened to be a stallion and I became sort of the leaders, and soon my lover grew tired of it. The friends I had ran with for some time were onto the idea of me just doing something to get rid of him. So, we faked a death. My death, if anything.
The stunt was simple. Just said a bear caught me one night during our runs, and I was killed. The Bear ate my body, and therefore no one asked for a corpse. While in silence, I whispered good byes to the friends who were involved and took off. When the night sky just dropped a few thousand stars and a single Moon in this place, and I found these glowin' trees, I just took suit to them and accepted what I found. Nothing like this was to be found back home, and surely there weren't any tales of this place at home.
A lock of my mane fell over my aqua eyes, blurring out my vision for some time. It wasn't possible just to blow air upwards with the usage of my lower lip, so I had to just shake my head about to move it. The thing was, when I shook just one part of my body, well, the rest of me just shook along with it. Now, I'd been born with wings, unlike my father. My mother had wings, but my father didn't, and I found it comfortable to stay to the ground with my father instead of just flyin about. Mom passed when I was young, as well as my little sister. So it was just Dad and I. He always told me he was glad I wasn't a hybrid, and saved myself from the awkwardness from that situation. My reply to him would be just a good hearted laugh, and a smile. He'd always return the laugh.
The day I was born, it snowed, and my parents called me Snowbird at times, even though my wings look nothing like snow. They were black with a red spot, and later learned they were the wings from a red winged blackbird. I used to spend some hours of my childhood wonderin about why I had a pair of black bird wings on my strawberry roan body, but it never came to bother me that much later on.
In the light of one of them glowin' trees, I stood and stared. Now, why in the danged world would a tree be'a glowin' like this one here? I gave it a weird face, ponderin about what this was here for. Well, it's not important right now. This place is filled with the smell of others, and my scent has been lost in the amount of confusion. I'm surely not searching for my own, but damn, this place is startin' just to have the weirdest and most unpleasent scent of my life.
I took a step away from the tree, hearing a noise within the darkness. There was a tree like this one here and there, but none in the direction of the noise.
"You'in best of be come'n out of there sometime soon, yuh hear me? Y'all best know I ain't lookin' for trouble, but youh be lookin' for it, I'll be sure to start some with yuh."
My voice is strange, and probably would give anyone passin' by a good start justa hearin' it. I gave a scuff to myself and looked in the direction of that noise. Ain't lookin' trouble, if it's here, then I'll gave yuh hell.

OOC: She speaks in a southern accent like myself. Yuh means you, start means give yuh a jump, and ain't, well, it explains itself. She has my personality, and if you're gonna be rude about how she talks in everything, then I'm mostly insulted because I naturally speak exactly like her.
Any established hard is free to come in.

This just seems to be somethin' for y'all to hear.

Image Credits

Valentine Posts: 203
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 12
teeroo

VALENTINE </style>
</style>

Stab my heart like a stick in the mud
Cut my chest just to see the blood

"Speech."

The urgency shook his body into action, making his older body take large strides across the frozen land. Out of the desert the went, traveling to see if others knew of what had happened. He felt like going to another place, but first on his stop was the Threshold, the only place the one could come into the land of Helovia. Worry would be etched in his features, trying to find those that had just appeared. The world was blackness, as if the Sun had burned out completely, and the Moon with it. The blackness was almost overwhelming, and though he was able to see, it was almost as if it would close in on him. He started to become claustrophobic for a bit, but the light from the pathways kept him from going completely insane. He was looking for others, and others he should find.

He smelled one, and she was nearby. He stopped as he was on the path of the lantern lit trees, walking instead of running, giving his body a break. He could almost feel himself getting older, his stamina decreasing and his breathing becoming harder when running long distances. However, his black hoof ended up on a twig, snapping it in half like someone's neck. It made a louder sound than he expected in the darkness surrounding him, and he wasn't the only one around to hear it. A little pegasus, much younger than him, was standing by the trees. She was speaking to him, saying she was scared, though she had a strange accent that he wasn't used it. He didn't mind it, and he was sorry he had scared her. He stepped slowly from the shadows, the light grabbing his body from it, his markings and heart showing in the soft lantern light.

"Hello, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. I merely stepped on a small branch, but it was a loud little snap it gave out. Are you out here all alone? You shouldn't be, it isn't safe in these times. My name is Valentine, a craftier from the desert of the Dragon's Throat. If you wish for a home you will find one there, were you will be most accepted. Otherwise I can lead you to another herd land, I don't mind, but I only wish for you to be safe."

Stop the presses cause I'm killing time
Won't you be my bloody valentine?

template by revo. <3
manip by twiwolf.deviantart.com
I am no longer going into the cbox due to recent events. You can PM on this (Valentine's) account, go on my skype (teeroo777), or PM me on DA (teeroo). Thank you.

Credits to picture on page, since they won't show up since they are in black: http://twiwolf.deviantart.com/art/Free-Love-362011598