the Rift

[OPEN] Give me nothing, give me faith.

Evers the Able Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 12 Buff: NOVICE
Rita :: Greyhound :: Water Mold imi
Evers the Able
We're just two little street angels with dirty faces

Her pads were soft and silent on the snowy ground, her tail stiff and her aqua pools alert. An ear flopped back showing the pink side as the other was propped nice atop her skinny head. The world had grown dark and the young pup didn't understand why, it was not a natural occurrence to her keen instincts and her bonded had certainly become much more nervous and jumpy. Rita was scared, it was visible in her trembling legs and twitchy glances to the side with the whites of her eyes, but she continued along the unseen path. Evers had said they would be okay, that they would survive this together and they mustn't stray from one another. The greyhound was relieved to share a bond with her equally skinny partner, she felt much less alone in the new bleak world and his continuing thoughts and emotions were a comfort to her. A few minutes behind her, setting out his pace at a brisk trot, was the Able himself. Relying on Rita's sense of smell to scout out safe routes for them whilst he nervously followed behind. Their destination was Helovia's Heart.

Evers too was relieved for the company of Rita, but it didn't stop him worrying about others who did not have the same blessing as they did. What would they do? He was sure Ophelia and Ktulu would keep the Foothills safe, though they were young as leaders, there was a surety about them that put the blue's heart at rest. Still, what about those who roamed by themselves, like Irrydae once had. He blinked in surprise as an image of the amethyst splashed mare appeared in his mind, just when had she become such a huge part of his life? He felt his whole body lurch in apprehension and prayed that she was okay. That she was safe in the Foothills. These muddled feelings were rare to him yet familiar to him, like a long forgotten memory echoing over time and confusing his already despairing mind. Flickers of images; a filly and a mare. Who were they? Why did it make his heart twist in excruciating sadness?! He felt a presence on his mind then, a flash of concern that radiated from Rita and the blue concentrated to breathe deeply. Carry on my girl, it's nothing ... I'm fine. He said mentally, knowing she would be able to sense his thoughts.

The Able forced himself to concentrate, the heart was appearing before him and his guard would have to be up, so out in the open it was. His blue coat was thicker and he now resembled something more close to a black horse than a blue roan, belly protesting in hunger and hooves packed with snow. Evers didn't really like winter, his already frail looking body was made to like even more so in the cold. He'd come here, out into the wilds, in search of his brothers or travellers who needed help (or company), maybe he would find some who would have an explanation for the drapes of pitch that had befallen Helovia. Soon, he would return to the Foothills and see if anybody there knew what was really going on with the world.

Slowing his bouncy gait to a walk and he ushered himself over to Rita, who had sat back on her haunches, staring into the hole. The two of them remained there for a while, darkness had them surrounded, but they were content in each others company. Just two skinny travellers with skinny tails, who faced the dead abyss together.

[Open to anyone! <33]

Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan

LACE</style>
Time Flies - Time Dies
Truth like a blazing Fire
</style>

A somewhat guilty expression rested upon the masked face of the equine as he slowly walked around the rim of the burning pit, basking in the intense heat. The long neck hung low and the ears dangled limply to the sides, as though he had received a scolding and was reflecting on his actions.

Only, the effect was ruined by a faint but decidedly bright smile that teased the corners of the lips. Lace tried to suppress it, but time and again he found himself starting to grin again - he just couldn't help himself. The look of the dragon that perched atop his whithers was far from amused however, and the grip with which she held herself in place on his back was a good degree firmer than what was strictly necessary. A low growl emanated from her throat, warningly and somewhat pained... but her efforts to make the stallion get a grip on himself fell on deaf ears.

"I can't help it Fajira" the glazier tried to explain as he carried them around a crack in the ground that pressed glowing magma dangerously close to the surface. "It's dark, I know, and it's unnatural and dangerous... but I still think it's not all that bad. Mirage said it, didn't she? Her homeland had been in complete darkness except for the moon, and we still have those trees, don't we. And the magic is gone. Gone! Can you believe it? I haven't felt this free in a years time."

A laugh slipped from his tongue, lighthearted and almost giddy in its cheerfulness. It made the little White bare her fangs angrily and slap the powerful tail into his side, causing the grullo to jump to the opposite side - away from the flaming Heart, thankfully. "Hey..!"
"Show some respect!" she interrupted through the link with a fury in the voice she rarely showed towards her bonded. "It's not to laugh about, dumb-dumb. No sun, no Birdsong, no grass, no feed, no prey. No prey, no eating, then we hunger. No magic, no fire, no warmth... no protection."

The unease that flowed from her across the link was almost palpable in his mouth, but this time Lace could frankly not understand it. What was the matter with everyone? Sure it was dark, and it was strange how the night never seemed to end. But it wasn't like the world had ended. What was the difference between this and an eclipse? He snorted and shook the head with enough force to set the dragon in sway where she sat - a feeble attempt at distracting her from the uncharacteristic fear she had slipped into.

"We are warm enough" he said with determination in the voice, eyes turning ahead as a set of movements at the corner of the eye caught his interest, "and I'm perfectly capable of defending us both. It's not like either of us really need fire - you did perfectly fine before you could breathe it, and I've never had a real purpose for it. I'm not crying over what has happened... Maybe this is a different route to take towards that future of peace and equality Mirage wanted."

No magic was good magic, in his mind. Lace had never appreciated his so called gifts, from the ones that weighed down his blood to the secret darkness that made him able to craft in the name of the Moon. Really, perhaps it would be for the better if he took a step away from all that.

The creature that had drawn his gaze was coming steadily closer and easier to see as it neared the circle of light that created the oasis of fire in the sea of darkness. Curiosity finally wiped away the faked guilt from his face, and as ears pricked forward the white-maned equine scrutinized the small beast. as it sat down by the crater. It was unlike most things he had seen before, but at the same time it had a familiarity that instantly made the horse feel wary. Like a thin, mangy wolf it appeared to him, not entirely unlike Aaron's hellish beast or the black dog that had accompanied the flesh-eating stallion he'd met once. Prepared for the possibility of an attack, he was relieved when a horse came padding behind it, one that looked strangely familiar...

"Good evening, or whatever it is" Lace greeted with a wry smile and came to a halt with the left side turned towards the red glow of the Heart, partly illuminated by the flickering fire that appeared to be the only source of light in the area. "Lovely weather for a stroll, don't you think?"

CREDITS: Schwartze | venomxbaby | 116802

[ooc: I think the Heart is still burning. Since it is a volcano, not magical.. I might be wrong. :o]
BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Evers the Able Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 12 Buff: NOVICE
Rita :: Greyhound :: Water Mold imi
Evers the Able
We're just two little street angels with dirty faces

Evers and Rita stared off into the fire. It's orange hues reflecting on their dark pelts as they stood in companionable silence until a new voice broke into their peaceful little world. The Able started suddenly, Rita springing on her baby paws with a growl ripping from her maw. It seemed in their eagerness to find light that they had both missed the presence on the white maned stallion and his dragon before them, but upon closer inspection Evers realized he had indeed met this male before. It was a while ago now, when he was still on his quest in order to obtain the pup that now trembled at his hooves. He remembered the stallion to be quite friendly, even if their encounter was brief. Slowly, he gently laid his maw upon the head of Rita, calming her and reassuring her that they were in no danger. "Easy pup, he poses no threat, keep your nose and ears on the darkness around us." Came his cautioning voice and the greyhounds growls notably lessened as she returned to scanning the bleak world surrounding them.

The Able turned to their new company then, dipping his head in welcome. "Indeed." His ears flicked then and blue pools narrowed in contemplation. "I've met you before haven't I ... Lace wasn't it? I'm Evers the Able and my bonded is Rita. How fares the Worlds Edge these days? Does the darkness reach you there?" He asked, genuinely curious, smiling at the little white dragon. Evers already guessed that it probably had, everywhere he had been it was dark and gloomy. It was hard not to feel watched in such darkness and it made him twitchy. He wished for the protection of his brothers all around him and the safety of borders. Yet, he also wanted to know what was going on and the desire for knowledge had gotten the best of him. Driving him out into the dead land.

Naturally, the roan had already hypothesized many different ideas as to why this had happened. Ranging from Gods to the galaxy and back. All seemed possible in a certain light, but all seemed highly unlikely that it left him exasperated to even think about it. He had not found one single reason in his travels so far, albeit he was at the beginning of his journey, but frustration was another emotion still rife inside him. Maybe he ought to make his way back to the Foothills, maybe his herd really did have the answer and he was just messing around in the wilderness. Evers sighed, he hated indecision. He didn't even know if he'd be able to find his way back, hoping Rita would be able to sniff out the trial. "This black veil makes me nervous" he admitted quietly. Who knew what was lurking in the darkness, maybe nothing at all, maybe he was being stupid and yet he couldn't help it.

[I wasn't sure, since the Gods have gone, but you're probably right. I think Tamme or Boom told me it was based off Darvasa]

Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan

LACE</style>
Time Flies - Time Dies
Truth like a blazing Fire
</style>

The growling of the skinny beast sent a gray ear twisting backward. Lace gave the dog a wary glance and began considering whether he should back off when Fajira swooped down on wings that gleamed dully in the light of the Heart, offering a warning hiss as she flew by. She wasn't about to let any wingless no-dragon-no-horse tell her Lace what to do, and then they could be bonded all the wanted... The grulla hushed at her through the bond almost as quickly as the unicorn reached to soothe his own companion, passing along his reassurance and gratitude to the White without letting it show on his face for even a second.
""Thank you precious, but it's alright" he comforted her and shifted as she tilted a bat-like wing and came gliding towards him, preparing to land. "They are allies... Or at least they were last time we met." Fajira gave off a sharp doubtful snort and slipped down onto the broad back of her bonded, wings still half flared and ready for action as she stood on the gilded whithers, eyes remaining fixed upon Rita.

"You have indeed" Lace nodded with a faint smile in return of the others greeting. "Almost a full year ago, if I'm not mistaken. You had some.. slightly more colorful markings then." A glitter of mirth at the memory of the bulging belly and red nose the stallion had sported during their first meeting teased in his eyes, and after making sure that the protective dog wasn't going to do anything stupid the crafter inched closer, preferring to not have to shout to make himself heard.

"I'm Lace, yes, and this is Fajira, who tends to forget her manners sometimes..." A glance was thrown over a tree-marked shoulder as the dragon moved around on the back, not entirely sure that the intensely cold stare the greyhound got was only protective. Rolling his eyes and giving up on trying to get her to behave the equine shrugged a bit, face falling as Evers asked about the Edge. He really wished he could have said that everything was alright, that the herd thrived and grew at a good pace... but it wouldn't have been very true.

"Quite good during the circumstances" he said with a grim undertone. "It's as dark there as it is everywhere else, from Secret Grove to Spectral Marsh. For some reason the mists are granting us some measure of light though, and thanks to little Israfel the fires of our DragonHeart is kept alive. Can't ask more than that, what with the Gods gone."

Amber eyes studied the gray stallion as he spoke, calmly adjusting the memory of Ever's appearance closer to what reality prescribed. Had it been something magical about the coat back then? He'd been victim to it as well, though perhaps not as much as this fellow. Unfortunately a little was way too much, and Lace couldn't seem to summon the proper amount of sadness over the dark prospects of the times to come.

"How about you, how have you fared? I heard the Foothills have fallen to the Gray... Were you participating in the battle?" The name of the steed was familiar to the crafter as belonging to former allies. Was this horse still to be trusted? The impulse of spilling his guts about the loss of his friends was held back, reigned in tightly while Lace assessed the other. It wouldn't do to spread rumors about weakness, not before they were ready to deal with eventual consequences.

CREDITS: Schwartze | venomxbaby | 116802
BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden