the Rift

I do like to be beside the sea...

Ricciardo Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

R I C C I A R D O
The Sandman.

In the sun drenched herbage stood the flame-kissed sir. The dull coat coordinated well with the plain yet brawny physique of the young stallion, whose daggers ached from the long journey. His orbs glowed the colour of the sands he derived from, his horn the same pale sorrel blend as his pelt. On the contrary to his simple appearence, the stallion possessed a mind worthy of a wise old Lord, knowledgeable, respectful and curious. Ricciardo was not one to undermine the wisdom he possessed at such a young age.

With a twitch of his ears, a paw of a dagger and a shake of his handsome crown, Ricciardo began to pick his way through the foliage, in the hope of finding life. The wearied traveller had wandered far, wanting nothing more than a long rest.

The desire of the sands and salt water tugged at his heart, for the sir was a true lover of the lands that he was descended from. Pain nagged him, for it was difficult for him to come to terms with the sudden re-location. I have no choice, needs must.

Soon he paced quite gracefully downhill; the sorrel mass came across a figure below. His sand pools couldn't quite make out the exact appearence of the creature, all he knew was that it was a unicorn, much like himself. He gently nickered so as not to disturb anything that may be lurking within the frondescence, "You down there." With a whisp of his flaxened salt curled, thin tail, he slowly made his way down. A cautious approach was but expected to a stranger, his sensible mind understood the dangers only too well.

"Talk."

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi
[Image: artandseirentable.png]
She was here. What in the blasted Sun's name does she want?! And why is she following me. If those who knew d'Artagnan truly knew how much he spoke to himself they would brand him mad and be done with him. Luckily for the mahogany brute they did not know. The Doctor stomped a little louder as he headed for the newcomer, making sure Seiren knew she wasn't welcome. Not that it would make a whole load of difference, the bitch did what she wanted anyway. It was this exact indifference she showed that infuriated d'Artagnan. Weren't siblings meant to love and care for each other? These two couldn't be more further from that stereotype. Like trying to meld magnets at the wrong ends. He snorted loudly and made a point of pushing her away from his thoughts. She was going to barge in anyway, he might as well ignore her now.

There was an orange unicorn that needed to be attended to and d'Artagnan puffed himself up. Enjoying the fact he held a higher rank over Seiren. He wrinkled his nose as the scent of grainy sand entered through his nostrils. If d'Art wasn't able to see the stranger he certainly smelt him. Shit. He smells like a wet dog he chuckled to himself as the pace of his brisk trot slowed to a respectful halt. The stag took in the chestnut's features and noted he was off good, strong height and still fairly young. Putting on his 'I'm important' face, d'Artagnan addressed the unicorn before him "what have we here! A fine looking stallion!" His gruff vocals bellowed out to all across the Threshold. There seemed to be more and more unicorns of late, it made this particular horned one very satisfied that more of his species had come here. Still, he hadn't won the chap over yet. "I'm d'Artagnan, Moon Doctor of the Worlds Edge. A herd built for our own species and only our own." d'Art was about to elaborate more when she finally decided to step in...

--
Seiren watched her brother in quiet amusement. He always got worked up about her presence, like she wasn't allowed within so many miles of him. He called her a 'nuisance' from time to time but Seiren guessed he was just scared of her. Pathetic. Their father may of been a war lord but d'Artagnan would never be his worthy son, it was left to Seiren to pick up the pieces. She had given up the game of killing him for now, he had wrangled himself to high up into the herd. If she did slit his throat they'd be an army after her. Seiren was a proud mare... But not that proud. Liquid obsidian eyes rolled skywards as she observed the Doctor stomp off to greet the new boy.

The grey femme stopped a little way away to watch the introductory, wrinkling her nose in distaste at her brothers little tirade. He was a Doctor not some emperor of a far and distant land. At least her title had more of a 'bite' to it. d'Artagnan's was almost appropriately cowardly in comparison. But she waited until he had finished introducing himself before butting in. "Don't let his title fool you. There's a reason he's only a 'Doctor'." The mare walked forward to the pair, her eyes set on the new one. "Our King offers sanctuary to our species, if you accept the terms that you mustn't consort with the other races I will take you to my Majesty." A small smile played around her maw as the ghostly vocals drifted off. She rather liked this one, he was of a nice colour and held a nice ocean smell. Something lost of her dearest brother.

Ambient Ideas @ flickr | Mike Poresky @ flickr

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Ricciardo Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

R I C C I A R D O
The Sandman.

Ricciardo was mistaken. Coming up to him was not one unicorn, but two! The steed, his mahogany pelt adorned with charcoal silks. Quite a sight to the younger sir's orbs, as his were different colours. One azure, the other amber. His horn too, or should Ricciardo refer to it as two horns. Magnificent glass horns, one long, the other a lot shorter. They gave his crown an almost kingly look, but not something he would dare point out for fear of over-growing his confidence. This confidence was evident in the sir's stride, the mannerisms. He seemed friendly enough, but he could sense a certain aggrivation for the dame. Now the dame... Ricciardo was taken aback by the elegance. A certain similarity between the two creatures, however, the duchess had beauty about her while the description of brawny befitted the steed better.
The lady was draped quite stunningly with a clouded ashen pelt. Her silks also ashen, while her orbs were charcoal. They had a certain brightness to them, they teemed with life from within her. Her crown displayed an obsidian horn with a hint of scarlet, the same colour as the ringlet that surrounded it. She was beautiful.

Shaking all thoughts from his head, he listened to what the pair had to say. d'Artagnan. Taken aback by the complimentary words d'Artagnan bestowed upon him, he listened intently. The sound of the herd made up of no more than his own kind tingled his ears, his sand orbs glistened and lit up his handsome crown. And then the beauty spoke. The way she mocked him evidently showed some sort of blood shared between them. Unless they were lovers. This was something Ricciardo chose to not dwell upon. Instead he got to the point, answering the offer that being was offered to him. "My name is Ricciardo. I am from the lands of sand and open water far away from here. I accept the terms, I would wish very much to become part of a herd once more."

The memories of his past swam round and round in his mind as he spoke, it knocked him round a little but he shook them away with a flick of his sea curled ribbons. Now was not the time to think of anything except what was occuring at the precise moment. The smile that the dame, her name still unknown to the brute warmed his soul. He couldn't understand why. Or more like he didn't want to understand why, for it was dangerous to be made so vulnerable. He stamped his daggers down into the frondescence, too keen to let go of so many things that was clinging to him.

He took one step towards the mahogany sir and the ashen dame, dipping his crown in respect and acceptance.

"Talk."