the Rift

[OPEN] Pitch Black; Voodoo, Open

Antheia Posts: 129
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hh :: 4
Clo.
It was so dark. Everything had changed in just a few second. The filly had seen a dark pegasus, or whatever you call it, fly over the tree tops of the Edge and then disappear. After that the whole world had gone a pitch black. Had the horses of these lands done something wrong and had the gods just leave and not look back. Whatever had happened, the filly wanted the sun back.

Antheia shivered as the ever lasting nights had gotten freezing cold. She could hear a river near by and trotted until she got so close she could hear the waves making rapid sounds. She pinned her harks flat against the back of neck and walked into the cold waters. Theia traveled upward until she thought she had reached a cave. The sounds of the echos as her feet hit the hard base. She sighed and laid down, it was helpless. She couldn't do anything if she couldn't see the surroundings that stood around her. Theia needed someone to help her and comfort her, for she was lost.

The filly tried to sleep, she tried to ignore the rapid waters and the wolves that howled outside of the cave, but it was useless. Antheia frowned and laid her dome softly against the cold flooring, closing her eyes, she rested. She listened to the noises that came from outside and looked beyond the cave, looking up at the bright stars. Well, it must be night time. Theia smiled and remembered what her mother had said about the stars in the sky. They are your guardians, watching over you. She smiled and slowly feel asleep.
________________________________________________________________________________​
Actions || "Words" || Thoughts

ooc; Horrible post, sorry. I have no muse for this 'darkness'. xD
tag; Voodoo, Open
word count; 278

Flower Credits

Voodoo Posts: 231
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Eight :: Birdsong HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ouija :: Arctic Fox :: None Nevada
Voodoo
tear me open pour me out,
inside there's things that scream and shout

The darkness had swooped over us so casually, so relentlessly as it swallowed every cloud, every star that dared to shine and sparkle in the sky. It was all black, not even the soft, puffy cloud full of a passerby snow cloud could touch the sky it seemed. Every living song bird had come to a silence, baffled just as we all were by the too fast paced change. Something horrible was happening, even if we didn't want to admit it. This was something done by our Gods, nothing natural. Wolves, carnivores at their nature, padded through the undying darkness. Their eyes adjusted much better to the dark than a day dweller, such as most of us unicorn and alike races.

I had been in the darkness for hours now, taking nearly all of that time to stand in complete silence, not moving a muscle; allowing my crimson eyes to adjust to this state of horror. They had stayed just as quiet, chattering amongst themselves in low tones every once in a while, contemplating what was really going on, what they thought would drive me mad in this choked out night. Once I had mustered enough courage, I sucked in a deep breath, letting the nerves settle steadily through out my boy before pushing myself further. Silhouettes of plants and trees alike seemed to jump at me, straining my already destroyed mind.

My imagination began working, picking apart pieces of my nightmares in order to devastate me at the worst time. In my nightmare come true -for the most part- wolves paced me, biting at my ankles and cackling to each other at the panic in my step. Blood crusted their muzzles, their paws, and their chests; dried by the bitter night when their kill had only just been devoured. The smell gnawed at my nostrils, making sure I was able to smell it in any way. Realistically, nothing even was watching me, the smells were so unreal that they couldn't possibly be caught by any one else but me.

They followed me for what felt like miles; frozen field turning to knee high grasses, dotted with small, misshapen flowers that had wilted and frozen due to the weather. Behind snarls and growls I could hear water; it had been months since I had heard actual water flow. The ocean, at one point, was the only moving water I had encountered, but that was completely different. My heart had felt nothing for weeks now, nothing but sorrow, pain, fear. I hoped to feel a rush, the live course of water igniting some kind of life into my body. I waited.. and waited.

Nothing.

The imaginary predators evaporated into thin air as if they were merely clouds, figures without a solid form. The strain of panic eased off of my body; enough to let me continue forward toward the clear stream. Still unable to see well, I judged by mainly my smell, going off of sound after word. Sharp black hooves pierced the now thin layer of snow that carpeted the frozen grasses below, the hard layer of tundra beneath feeling like a rock. It was nice to know it was still there though; something below us even if there wasn't something above.

The water sloshed lazily in one direction, the sweet scent seeming to engulf my body with its humidity. Automatically my face dropped to the liquid, blood splatter patterned nose plummeting into the welcome cold. I gulped down the water until my stomach hurt. My face lifted back up from the creek, allowing the scent of a mare to hit my numb face. How had I not noticed this until now? Red diluted eyes flicked toward the possible source of the scent.

Go get her, boy I found my long legs carrying me through the shallow waters, the cold rush sloshed up my legs without a care, flowing around me as if I were just a rock set in it's way. Quickly I emerged on the other side of the water way, pushing my cold body into a trot, following the fresh smell. My hooves met even harder ground, not as cold to the touch as the earth had been just steps ago. The echo of each clop of the hoof assured me that it was rock. The mouth of what I suspected was a cave came into what vision I had; that's where she must have been. I stopped, considering my actions. What was it that I was doing any way? What did I want from this female? Was she even worth speaking to? What if she were another Pegasus? That would be a night mare.

I sighed, loud enough for some one to hear if indeed there were anyone interesting.

Text here "Chat here." Voices here
Tagged: @[Antheia]

i run but it stays right by my side
Table by Frostie
EVERYTHING YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM
IS IN YOUR HEAD
[Image: 5389e9aca8b63]
Please tag him in every post!

Deceased
Clo.
My dreams took my from reality, and it was suck a relief to be away from the real world. I saw my mother, my beautiful mother. She looked as she did before, with beautiful blue flowers in her hair and her coat as white as snow. She had loved me, loved me to death, and I loved her back. She made my world spin around and around. I never thought I would have leave her, but I did. "Antheia, Antheia, wake up! Someone is here to know you!" I didn’t want to leave my mother, I didn’t want to leave. But my eyes just slid open.

I rose my head, hearing hooves hit the icy cold cave floor. My harks pinned against my dome, I stand up looking to the unknown creature that had enter the cave. I felt like just running away, but I was blind in this darkness and had no idea what I would run into. My heart thumped inside of me until it felt like it was about to burst. I pointed my horn to where I thought the sound had came from. "Who are you stranger, and what do you want?" I boomed to the unseen animal. My heart ached to know what this thing was. I was ready for what ever came my way.

The darkness had token over me, I was scared, and shivering. Maybe, what ever this animal was, I had a chance that it was a nice one. Apollo had said something to me about some of the animals were caring, but others, there was no chance of all to change their minds. I side stepped my way to the back of the cave, making sure that I was far enough away from the mysterious creature. Although I was scared, I wanted to see the animal that laid beyond the darkness. I wish I had a light or something to guide me. My harks flickered toward the object that had made an entrance to the cave. I was curious but I stayed and waited for an answer.

________________________________________________________________________________​
Actions || "Words" || Thoughts

ooc; Horrible post. v.v Staying in first person throughout this thread! c:
tag; @[Voodoo], Open
word count; 366

Flower Credits

Voodoo Posts: 231
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Eight :: Birdsong HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ouija :: Arctic Fox :: None Nevada
Voodoo
tear me open pour me out,
inside there's things that scream and shout

The scatter and clank of frantic hooves shocked me; all I had done was sigh. Was that enough to scare the shit out of some one? In this never ending darkness, I guess so. Red rimmed ears rotated forward once the clanking had stopped, being replaced with the sense of wicked fear. I blinked incoherently, almost feeling as if I needed to turn and walk away before some one snapped and lost all control. I could feel the healing wound above my right knee itch immensely, my skin twitching due to the feeling. Her voice echoed from the cave, erupting into the open air like a cheer leader with a megaphone. Each ear twitched at the shaky voice, picking apart what emotions she was really going through just through her speech. She was shaky nervous, and obviously scared; that was from the one small sentence.

Another crazy. Maybe you two will get along I metaphorically brushed them away, rolling my strange hued eyes at them in the darkness. "I'm not going to hurt you." My tone was dry and raspy, not very amused by the faceless mare's reactions. I stood motionless at the mouth of the cave, with eyes about as adjusted to the darkness as they could get. I stared into the blank space before me, barely making out the line of what I thought was a body. I could have been wrong though, for all I know, I was still staring at rock.

The object moved, the light tap of careful hooves making their way toward me. My mind stayed calm, the emotions not running one way or another. It had been a while that any feelings had really touched me, but why this had suddenly happened, I had no idea. Was it possibly because of the vicious nightmares I had been seeing after I had met the wolf? Or just the thought of no close family? I knew wandering alone, that has been what my life has consisted of for nearly a year and a half. But the Basin was there for me. I knew that I would be taken care of if something drastic happened. But, what if I wasn't? What if while venturing away from home something may have happened. How would my family know? Would they come after me?

The thoughts rad through my head like a herd of elk pounding through a river, the contents randomly strewn every where while one massive subject moved through. Would you pay attention? They directed me back toward the female inside the cave. I drew in a deep breath, considering once more if I should just walk off, or attempt to make a conversation. Was that what was making me so emotionally unattached? No communication or socialization? That couldn't be the case. Mauja and I had just met up with the wolf, Athena, days ago. That couldn't be it.

"Would you come out.." at first, the demand was supposed to flow as a question, one to not further stress out the mare that seemed to be so desperately hiding in the rock formation. I stayed put a few steps away from the mouth of the cave, long, thin tail swishing back and forth lazily. The movement was keeping me entertained more than any thing else, the feeling of each joint and bone moving with the other, tendons in action along with muscles. Really this was something you could not feel; it was something you began feeling once your mind had wandered so far that it came back to your own core, picking apart what you were physically doing. I had been doing this often lately, imagining my structure's easy flow.

Tagged: @[Antheia]
Text here "Chat here." Voices here

i run but it stays right by my side
Table by Frostie
EVERYTHING YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM
IS IN YOUR HEAD
[Image: 5389e9aca8b63]
Please tag him in every post!

Deceased
Clo.
I tilted my head when he asked me to step out into the open. He seemed to be nice enough to not cause any danger toward me but how could I trust a brute that hadn’t even shared his name? "If you promise no danger, okay." I quoted softly toward the brute. I gracefully trotted out of the cave, the moon casting glitter across my thick coat. Icicles hung on my coat, making music as they hit each other. The stars shined bright like diamond, watching over the peaceful lands. "I’m Antheia.” I smiled and began to talk again. "Theia for short. I come from the World’s Edge." I smirked as I talked about the family that I would always be able to wander back to for help. Where I would always be able to look out over the singing and dancing ocean.

I smiled and looked over the stallions body. He seemed not to far younger than me, maybe a year or so? But the question was, why was he all the way out here by himself? I would have to say, I probably need to ask my own self that question. I listened to a pack of wolves howl in the darkness of the night, fairly close to where the two stood talking. I trembled and looked around the dark meadow. I trotted out of the water, coming closer to the colt. If I could trust him, we could protect each other’s backs and live through out this, or we go home, with blood and scars. I waited patiently, waiting for the pack to emerge.

@[Voodoo]
268 Words
rashell-stocks.deviantArt.com