the Rift

[OPEN] Dreams Play The Gateways To Reality

Adrixaura Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

A d r i x a u r a
hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die,
then life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.
The Darkness shall always have it's negative affects.....
The spotted mare's eyes remain closed, body fallen into deep sleep. Is it daytime, where the Sun should be shining, or is it night, when the Moon is above with the stars as companions? How is anyone able to know now? Time is simply stopping, days have merged altogether into just a single day, and the only thing that seems to pass the time is sleep and the dreams that partake inside the precious moments.
Within her dreams, there are different visions than what she would of seen today. Visions of her past, times that have passed long ago. Times she has taught herself to forget.
"Adri, are you there?" The voice is there, it's real for once. In soft daylight, neither too hot nor too cold, the air at a perfect temperature, is only a foal. Her mane is short, black, choppy. Her tail, it is missing a portion at the bottom though it is as black as the night sky that is now. She giggles, a sweet, soothing sound that cascades across a sea of fresh green grass. The sky above is to match her pale blue eyes, filled with joy and happiness. Even the Sun seems to smile down upon her with pure joy. She stands with a smile across her face, and giggles again. "I'm right here, Daddy!"
She takes off, small blue jay trying to keep with her heavy pace with quick wing beats. Even the bird seems overjoyed just to fly beside the young filly, as if her prescence is the source of all the joy in the world. Behind them, runs a white fox, in a rush to keep with her unlike the bird and complaining. "Miss Adri, please, we mustn't be gone too long. Miss Saffiatta will be worrying." She gives no heed to the Fox's words of complaint and his attempts to return her to a Miss Saffiatta. The one she calls Daddy stands waiting for her by a stream where she was born. He is waiting, and she mustn't keep him waiting much longer.
The one she calls Daddy is a handsome stallion, standing tall in stature and waiting with great patience as his daughter runs to him. His coat shines and gleams in the sunlight, a colour that would make fire itself jealous it is so much of a chestnut colour. His eyes are green, a soothing colour like the earth below. He smells of rain, the sweet scent that is held on the morning mist as it glides over the dew still on the grass. The only breaks to his coat of fire are where scars cover him from long lost battles, and white over all his legs, never past the knee's, and a splash of white over his face. Though if it wasn't his daughter running to him, he'd be aggressive, hateful, cruel, and uncaring. But she is his princess, so there he stands with a smile on his face to welcome her. Beside such a great stallion, awaits a loyal black dog, large enough to be considered a wolf. He holds no complaint, and only waits in silence beside the stallion of Fire.
"Hurry, Adrixaura. Hurry." By now, the stallion is not alone. A beautiful mare walks beside him, her body black as if created from the oil beneath the earth, mane and tail the colour of young wheat with a cream fade, her eyes, they seem to be made from the petals of Violets. Her voice is welcoming, calm, it cannot hold a mean word to it as if she has never spoken one in her life. She seems pure beside a stallion who is covered in scars, and to those outside his family, known to be a monster. The Fox, having seen the mare come beside the stallion, picks up pace and greets the mare. "Hello, Miss Saffiatta Hecate. Sir Onsoun, and Kandra."
"Hello Keitre." The mare smiles, glad and joyed to see her first born child running to her, happiness as if she doesn't have a mean bone to her body. Soon, they shall all be mean. Beside her, stands the stallion whom she has sought out. Her lover, companion of the same species, forever best friend. "Onsoun, she is beautiful." The stallion smiles towards the mare and watches with his green eyes as the filly runs closer.
"Mommy! Daddy! Kandra!" Her thin, long legs are going as fast as they may carry her. On the front legs are black spots, barely noticeable with her young age, the ones on her upper neck and face around her pale blue eyes are almost transparent. They shall darken over time, for as she grows, they shall grow with her, and soon shall be more noticeable. Then, at a saddening point, she may notice that yes, her mother looks like her, but where does her father come into the picture? For now, it seems pure bliss to how her true father is. Now, for all that she could ever care of, the stallion of Fire named Onsoun is her father.
As she nears them, the sky turns a deeper shade of blue, soon turning into a black. The blue jay is falling behind, his wings not strong enough to carrying him with the girl's heavy pace. Her eyes remain to the four ahead of her. The Fox who had been running with her is now between the shoulder blades of the mare. "Adri...... Hurry Darling...." Her words fade out as the filly is close enough to them that within three strides she could touch them. A wind blows from the west, sweeping in through the trees and shaking the leaves from the branches, misting flying in to carry the leaves further. The leaves touch the mare and the Fox, and they slip away into a mixture of wheat seeds, ashes, and Violet petals. The Fox, he turns to snowflakes and slips away with the breeze. The pair has simply left with the earth.
"Adri!!!!!!!!! Hurry!!!" The stallion of Fire, he yells for his beloved daughter to reach him fast enough. The mist is there to grasp his body of fire and the dog's body turns to mere dust. They disappear before her eyes, and as she can finally touch him, his fading muzzle runs down her cheek to wipe away a tear before he is gone.
In a rush of panick, the filly turns around to make sure her blue jay companion is still there. He has caught up to her, but as a Crescent Moon hangs in the sky, and breaks apart to a million pieces, the bird uses small talons to grap into her black mane. It's short, and as the pieces fall from the sky and wrap about him, he sings songs of complaint. The foal, all she can do is grab onto his wing and pull. Pull him back to earth and hope that her will alone will keep him from being taken from her. Tears stream from her face as the bird loses grip of her mane, and the bite she has on his wing slides out of her mouth. Before long, she is only left with a feather in her mouth. One single blue jay feather.
The black sky from above falls and wraps about her, and she screams before being dropped on a beach. The air has a fury of cold and standing in the waters is a lone horse. A cremello stallion alone in the ice. "Oh, are you an idiot? Get a brain and learn that standing in the water's filled with ice kills you!" She recognizes the insult, the way the stallion reacts to her insult. He is smiling, leaving the water, and walking up the beach to where the grass is growing. And she, out to make him angry, follows.
Kanai.

Her eyes fling themselves open, fear, fury, hatred, and pain all the emotions that surge through her veins at one time. She had dreamed of losing Saffiatta Hecate and Keitre to the Earth, the thing her mother was worshipping, Onsoun and Kandra to the mists that he so proudly controlled. And Myrsk..... Oh Myrsk, the blue jay that had been her brother since days after her birth when she received him as friend. He had been lost to the Crescent Moon she'd been enslaved too. She was taken by the night, only to be dropped to the source of all of her hatred. Kanai and the very exact moment she met him.
A single sigh parts from her lips, and as she opens her mouth, something falls from her mouth. Feathers........ Blue jay feathers...... The thought of her grip on Myrsk's wing while trying to rescue him was replaying inside her mind. Her eyes linger upon them, staring.
Without second thoughts, she grabs the feathers, having only two that had somehow gotten to her, and places them into her mane. Whenever she discovers her daughter, she will offer one to her daughter to keep. Wherever the feathers came from, she passes it off to the idea that the wind blew them in while she was sleeping. Yes, that was the reason she had recieved them. Yet as the thought of her home, her family, passes her mind, she cannot keep the tears from falling as she lay on the floor of the ice cave, deep inside the abyss of darkness.
She'll only pass it off to the start of her going crazy, or hysteria from Sol returning to her at such a time. For the world always works in crazy ways.

OOC: Yay! Longest post yet at 1607 words!
Things to Explain: First off, the dream is about her past. Saffiatta Hecate is Adri's biological mother, Keitre is Saf's companion, Onsoun was Adri's non biological father, yet she was raised to believe he was her father. Kandra is Onsoun's companion who can shift into any creature. I'm not going to explain him out.
Saf is a Forest Spirit. She was born normal like Adri, yet at two years of age, seeing as there were gods on the site Adri was born at, yet they seem to almost never exist. They weren't spoken of, and in order to get things done, used the mortals. Saf's soul is a piece of the Earth molded to a body and placed into her's to do the bidding of what would be the God of the Forest. Yet she is not a god. Onsoun is somewhat that way with the mists, for he is a mistcaller. You can ask Jabberwocke about him for she plays him still. Adri was a Crescent Moon spirit, yet instead of peaceful work like her mother's, she was rather harshly enslaved to work and was forced upon being a spirit. When she ran away from the land, everything magic wise was stripped from her, and her original soul went from 75%/25% to complete 100%/0%. Myrsk died on the journey over, and she doesn't ever speak of her magic or companionship unless it be Sol who shared almost the same fate as her with the Sun.
If you've got questions about this post, PM them to me.

image credits
table by whit

Sulwyn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Sulwyn

How had the little mare found herself all the way out here? Her home upon the cliffs that touch the sea was far to the west, and this desolate land of ice and snow and darkness was... Well, she didn't know where. All that the silver mustang knew was that her ashen hooves had been fumbling against the shadowed terrain for countless hours, perhaps even days, to find their way home from the Veins.

Just to see that the Goddess has left us. The grulla's thoughts are full of despair, although not because she was unable to receive her companion. She was disheartened to see that each of the Gods' shrines had been abandoned, the offerings of flowers and plants all shriveled and downtrodden, and the blue streams of magma giving off an eerie glow, almost as if it was searching for its missing patrons. Everything that the Gods had built up were now all tumbling down, and their absences could be felt in the quaking hearts of the mortals that served them.

Even the loss of her dangerous orbs had been somewhat devastating to the wraith; she had just started to understand them, to feel at ease around them, to accept them, but of course they could not stay. For all of those nights that she had spent fearing her magic and sealing it away in the crevices of her heart, she had wanted it to just be gone. The sun-branded fae had never asked for something as dark as this: she was a passionate soul, albeit a timid one, and receiving the ability to drain energy from something -- or someone -- had only managed in contributing to her solitary life. The shell that Thor had worked so hard to break down had reconstructed itself, and now she was even more weary of approaching her family than before.

But, there had been moments of tenderness between them, too. They were her guardians, these orbs; the light that kept her company even in dark times. She can remember the first time that she had summoned them, on the way home from her disappointing meeting with the daunting black unicorn, and they had circled around her in a protective ring, feeding off of her dismal mood. And, just a few nights ago -- or at least when you could tell what was night and what was day, came the moody reply -- when she had called one into being in her distress over the late Moon Doctor, it had acted much like a comforting mother to an injured child. A small shiver passes through the architecture of her body at the memory, and the faintest of smiles creeps onto her white lips.

Yes. I think that I have come to miss you. The thoughts are as tender as they are sad, and it is with only slight surprise that Sulwyn feels her body longing for the touch of a wispy orb against her cheek. It had known that it was dangerous, that it could steal the energy from her with its wispy fingers, but it had also known that she had needed to feel a sense of alleviation. It was a tool of war -- a tool that Sulwyn would not willingly use -- but it had been gentle with its dangerous hand and offered what little comfort it could, regardless of its true purpose.

With an aching heart and a dampened mood, the little shadow mare pressed onwards with sinking hooves, her silver ears and porcelain naves acting as eyes would in the presence of light. Not too long after Sulwyn's thoughts had turned to the Gods, her audits stood pin-straight and the rest of her body followed suit. One hind was resting on a hoof as if it were half-way in rising from the ground, and the vessel that housed the thoughts of the silver figure turned side to side, trying to detect where the sound of traveling steps had come from.

Deciding that it would be best to make the creature stumble over to her rather than she to it, the wraith called out in a fear-tainted holler, "Are you as lost as I, traveler of the night?" Golden orbs probed in the black wall that was this endless night, and in the corner of one eye a faint glow cast its light. "If you seek aid or companionship, move towards that light."

Sulwyn redirected her feet to push on towards the beacon she had seen earlier, and a sudden wave of concern washed over her. Was that a tree that was glowing over there? Ignoring her instinct to run from the stranger and from the strange plant, the mustang plodded through the deep snow towards the only source of light until the other wanderer caught up.

Please don't be a threat, were the only thoughts to run through her mind.

"Talk talk talk."

Crowley Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 12 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Talbot :: Common Hellhound :: Acid & Name? :: Caracal :: None Dingo
You're busy dying if you're living in the past

By now, it had become painfully obvious that the Sun had more or less abandoned Helovia. Night had fallen over the land and plunged it into all consuming darkness; during the few weeks that had already passed by, the foliage began to shrivel and die without proper light, and the chill of Frostfall was made even more inconceivably bitter than it usually was in the Basin. However, and much to my eternal amusement, there were many who seemed to believe that the Gods would prevail and return Helovia to the so-called glorious land it had once been.

Their ignorance sickened me.

How could they, mere mortals, be so sure of themselves in the affairs of Gods, the ones who had molded and shaped this land centuries ago? The Gods were ancient beings, more powerful than all of Helovia's inhabitants combined, but even they weren't without their faults and weaknesses... Right? I didn't wish for it to happen, but they could still be killed like the rest of us. A fire could be doused, water boiled to nothing, earth crushed, or darkness shooed away by light and vice-versa. The night is darkest just before the dawn, they say; yet this particular night had plagued Helovia for weeks now, and it was slowly killing everything that it touched, myself included.

Though I was by no means a weakling, my sides had grown thinner since this unforgiving night had fallen. I would curse myself every time my body dared quake against the savage cold, and every time it failed to care for my annoyance, I would find myself wandering back to one of the many caves carved out in the base of the mountains, my favored shelter that was often shared with my dearest daughter as well as my hellion partner, Talbot. I could tell that they were both affected as well, and I would always do my best to share what warmth I could give them or scour the land with them for a satisfactory dinner. Our ventures never turned up much, however, and that was why I found the Basin at my back today as I left it behind. There must be better resources somewhere in this godforsaken land.

I had left my family of two behind, knowing well that I could trust Talbot to keep Rhiannon safe. The pup had grown considerably since the birth of our bond, both in mind and body, so my worries were little as I descended the slope that led away from the Basin and ended up pointing me towards the Frozen Arch, a favored meeting place for the Plague. As I approached it, I didn't expect to see the blue of it shimmering in the light as I usually would have, considering that the lights were out; but I could estimate just how close I was to it as I went on, stepping ever so carefully through the snow and picking my way around the boulders that dotted the tundra landscape.

What I hadn't expected so early in my journey to the central lands, however, was the company of others.

With a lack of sight, my other senses had grown quite acute, and I was surprised at just how strong the scent of two mares came to me. They weren't recognizable in the least, but I could tell they weren't of the Basin. My ears slowly laced back against my head, for they were much too close to the beloved land I called home, but before I could shout some grumpy retort at them, a most joyful thought came to my mind instead. If they were so foolish to wander away from their friends, their family, then why did they deserve nothing more than a verbal warning to get away? I would give them one, but the way I presented myself wouldn't be what they were expecting.

My movement didn't seize as I drew closer, though I assured that my steps could be heard over one's incessant blabbering about companionship. I'd get as close as I could to them without actually touching them, if I could manage at least, but I would not speak. Let them fear the night in a land they surely did not know well. Let them cower and not know which way to run.

Let them entertain me in this dark Hell, at least for a little while.

Image Credits