the Rift

[PRIVATE] Darkness is only the lack of light [Resplendence]

Diesel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Diesel smelled the change in the wind, before it all happened. It was a crackling, like lightening, yet with out the acid. Diesel froze on the shadowy road, his tail moving with the breeze that drifted lazily around the earth.
It was almost a flash of light, yet it wasn't. it was a flash of darkness. Of light being sucked out of the world like a candle being blown out. Diesel trumpeted, his nostrils flaring in the near black. Skidding around on the road, his hooves dancing across the cobbles, he tried to calm himself. It was completely dark. Not the dark of night, for in that sort of dark you can see shadows. Shapes, even if you cannot see details. No, this darkness was a complete, and utter darkness. No light shone in any place. Anywhere in helovia. It was completely and utterly gone. Diesel narrowed his eyes, and moved a tentative step forward. Another. Slowly he made his way through the blackness, his hooves crushing little things he'd normally avoid. Internally he winced. In the blackness things were screaming. Their voices echoing. Fear and terror tainted the air like smoke. It hung around the trees, as the leaves shriveled.

He didn't know what to do--where to go. Diesel stumbled, his feathers playing around him as he stalled. He lowered his head, blowing out hard. his head spinning reeling, Diesel closed his eyes and swayed slightly.

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
and i'd tell that i miss you but i'm sure it doesn't matter at all
The sun. It had risen the day before. She was certain of that. Night hadn't fallen that long ago. The eery shadows had covered the land. The sun, it was supposed to have risen when that moon had fallen. But, yet, there was no moon left and there was no light beginning to appear upon the horizon. No flickering lights of the stars dancing across the sky in intricate patterns left to be seen.

Res furrowed her brow together, ear twitching back and forth as she attempted to take in all the sounds in the dark. Things such as this were not supposed to happen. Where was the sun?! A loud howl as the wind ricocheted through a few of the trees close to her caused her to lurch forward, hooves crushing into the fallen twigs and branches. Panic flooded her veins. Every inch of her being pumped with adrenaline to save herself from the loud noise that sounded so much like a predator. Her feet scuffling across the ground and almost tripping her multiple times. The howl has long since been left behind, it is now the wind that is pushing her forward. The way that it grapples at her back and tugs at her hair. It's like claws scratching at her skin, begging her to stay - to play with death itself. Logic seems to have left her mind as she stumbles forward, just managing to pull her tiny frame back into a sense of balance to propel herself off of her haunches with a precision only a prey would be able to mimic.

Tears were beginning to well in her eyes. What was that thing clinging to her back. There was almost no light in this world. Everything was dark. Her whole body was trembling as her muscles pumped to keep her moving. But it was so difficult to see, and hearing was not her best attribute. It didn't take long for the tip of her hoof to snag on and branch and for her to start falling forward. Her other front flint snagging her hair as she attempted to balance herself and save herself from falling. But, with her hair now pulling her down even more she flipped end over end and landed in a curled up ball at the base of a huge tree.

The salty liquid that had started to well up behind her lids was now flowing freely down her face. Her legs were protesting with a throbbing ache from running and tripping so much. Everything was a disaster. It was too dark. She had lost Quil. She didn't even know when they had separated last. Everything was a huge state of confusion. She wanted the sun. She wanted the moon. She wanted some form of light to begin to illuminate the lands again. Darkness was not something she welcomed. After all, when one had to rely on their sight to live a state of perpetual darkness did absolutely nothing to help.

Struggling, she pulled herself to her feet, swaying around to snag her balance before beginning to trot off the direction she had been running in. Her feet snapping up high as she had it in her blood, being the gaited breed she was only made it easier to snap up and move as gracefully as she was. Though, she still couldn't see anything, so stumbling through the forest she still occasionally tripped. Tears still staining her face as she continued to inch forward. Her movements had slowed. Each step testing the ground in front of her before she placed her weight on the spot. A flinch at every single branch that broke.

And then, there was a loud groaning noise from the tree she was beside. A SNAP and she could hear the sound of a large, dead branch collapsing beside her. She lurched forward, a whine on her lips as she spun toward the branch that had just barely nicked her while crashing to the ground. Her tiny frame bolting off once more, the wind tugging again at her mane, harder and much more violently this time. Her eyes squeezed shut as she headed in a random direction in an attempt to get away from everything. Please. Just let there be light!

That was when she slammed into something quite stable, yet softer as though it had some fur. A cry of pain and confused escaped her mouth as she stumbled back a few steps. What on earth?! That wasn't a tree. She squinted her eyes, making out the form of a black stag, white markings glinting ever so slightly in the completely dark surroundings. A stag. Crap. He was going to be mad. "I-I-I'm s-sorry" she stuttered stumbling back a few more steps until she had completely slammed her haunches into a tree. Her head spinning around to try and find an escape route. But, it was too much in this darkness. It was so difficult to make everything out.

She shuffled to the left, and then the right. "I didn't mean to, s-sir." she whispered, soprano chords stretched and broken as nerves completely took over. Her audit flicked back and forth. Back and forth. She needed to run. She needed to get out of here. That was when a sound from above broke through her thoughts. What was that noise? A chittering sound seemed to penetrate her ears as she glanced upward. Her whole body tensed as the sound of wings fluttered through the air. She couldn't see what it was. She couldn't see where it was going. She couldn't see her own way out of here. She couldn't even see the stag standing right before her clearly. She was so screwed. But she didn't want to have to be so afraid. It's not like she could change that though. Everything was so overwhelming. It was all too much. She didn't know what she was going to do.

All she knew was that she needed to make it out of here.

1011 words
urmagawd poor bby
@[diesel]
Credits
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Diesel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
And angel bumped into him, hair splattering against him in waves. Diesel stayed still, and leaned his head down. He inhaled, a sweet, familiar scent assailing him.
her.
"are you alright?" he murmured, nostrils flaring. After her stuttered apology, he whickered softly. "s'all right. I don't hurt easily." Which was very true. His body wasn't built for it. He nosed against her head. "are you lost love?" He moved his large frame against hers, drawing their sides close to each other. Wind flys around them, picking up and throwing locks of hair around them in a tornado. Diesel nudged the female a bit.

"where is your protector?"

eeek short post, but I think we'll get the ball rolling once they start moving lol. Your post is epic abba! :D