the Rift

Dragon's Ire [Chemical - Challenge]

Vikram Posts: 73
World's Edge Skilled Protector
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 19 hh :: 9 years Buff: NOVICE
Kachie
Enough, was enough. He'd lingered within the Edge, keeping the peace and quieting the anger that thrummed through him each time a stab was made at the safety of his herd. The Edge, the Qian, was his family. And he was one of their protectors, and it was about time that he stepped up to protect them in a more active fashion than simply patrolling the borders.

From the trees he strode, walking away from the twinkling lights that had made his bronze scales glitter, walking away from his regular routines. Across the snowy expanses of the thistle meadow he strode, his goal the light of one of the strange glowing trees. Enormous wings rose into the air as he grew closer, until he beat them with sharp vigor, blowing away the drifts of snow to reveal the hardened ground beneath. Bent blades of grass, laid flat to the ground beneath the weight of the snow, gradually began to straighten, only to be crushed flat again beneath broad hooves.

Sides expanded as his lungs filled with air, a moment's sorrow spared for the cold lump of unlit fire that could not answer his needs, before a bellowing roar ripped through the darkness. A dare, a summons, one that rang through the darkness and made sane creatures huddle into their burrows in fear of a dragon's wrath. "I will not longer stand by while you and yours poke needles at me and mine. Come and face the consequences of stirring the Dragonheart's nest!" His deep voice rumbled out, quieter but no less demanding than the roar he'd belted out moments before. Restlessly he stood beside the glowing sentinel, its light illuminating his entire left side and casting a strange glow over the pale dragon figure painted there, long tail swaying in the air as his golden eyes searched for his opponent's approach.

~~~~

- Official Challenge: Vikram vs. Chemical for Chemical's freedom due to her attempt to steal Kaj Here.
- Four posts each plus closing defense, 72 hour wait limit before automatic forfeit, unless otherwise agreed upon and stated here.
- No magic, companion physical attacks acceptable if possessed.
- Pregnant mares are allowed to fight, but they run a high risk of losing their foals. If their foal is kept, there is a high chance that it will have suffered some damage to its health, regardless of the original foal stats. Chemical may use a substitute fighter proclaimed as such, fight at the risk of her foals' health, or forfeit.
- Should Chemical or her substitute, if used, forfeit or lose the challenge, Chemical becomes the prisoner of Vikram and thus the World's Edge. If Vikram loses, his situation may be decided by Chemical.

Setting: Only light comes from a single glowing tree in the center of a area cleared of snow by Vikram's wings, the snow is thus higher than usual around this clearing and serving as a barrier to ground-bound movement. The ground is hard and frozen, and thus prone to being slippery. The grass is dry and bent, potentially likely to add to slipperiness. There is no special weather conditions currently.

Chemical Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

"Oh, how brave of you! To try and attack a pregnant mare? Oh, you'll show them won't you? Afterall, I would deem it pretty fucking ridiculous." Chemical hissed the words and flung them off of her tongue with such ever growing hatred that she wanted to dig her black hooves right into his chest and rip his heart out with her bare teeth. Her ears were pinned to her head and her nostrils were flared. Her eyes were fiery as she approached this brute from behind.

"But please, if you wish to ever be such a hypocrite as to try and attack our family, then please do so and you will suffer consequences to the extremes. I was simply trying to protect my own. I would have let him go, of course. However, it would be pretty damn foolish for me to try and fight as so. Thus, I'll come. But try anything you fucking bastard and I swear to the Gods who left this place to burn in hell that I will slit your throat, cut your head off, then proceed to stick it on a pike."

Her fiery eyes were glowing and her blood was boiling and churning.

Chemical forfeits because of pregnancy.

Talk

Image Credits Crows

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
Chemical forfeits to Vikram. Chemical becomes the prisoner of Vikram and the World's Edge herd.
Vikram receives 1 VP and unlocks the battle buff ENDURE.

Vikram Posts: 73
World's Edge Skilled Protector
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 19 hh :: 9 years Buff: NOVICE
Kachie
Sharp words, bitter words rose from the darkness beyond the glow-tree's light behind him. They brought facts to the surface that had been unknown to the hybrid stud, and attempted to ridicule him all at the same time. His ears twitched before he glanced over his shoulder to watch the black, winged mare step into his snow-cleared space. Amused by the venom she spouted, he took his time in turning about to face her.

"Foolish of you to think your condition would keep you immune from the reprecussions of your actions, mare." True, he felt somewhat guilty at the notion. But having never before seen this crimson marked creature before, and knowing nothing of her other than her cheeky attempt to interfere in Edge matters. "Your family started it, so I see no hypocrisy in taking steps into finding a more permanent solution to dealing with pesky gnats than ignoring them." Briefly a flicker of a smirk crossed his features, amused at his own remark comparing the assassin group to short-lived insects.

Then all traces of humor were gone as he stepped forward, towering over Chemical without any effort whatsoever. There was an easy foot in difference in their heights, and his draft frame lent him a breadth of chest that left him almost broader across than she would get at the end of her pregnancy. "So long as you cooperate, no harm shall come of you or your offspring." He was utterly unimpressed by her threats, and honestly would have liked to see her try. She would have to fly just to reach his throat, and shortly would be too heavy with child to perform that act with any sort of grace or agility.

"Now come along." Leathery wings spread, blocking out the token light of the tree and casting Chemical in shadow. The gesture could have been meant to be intimidating, but in truth was meant to quicken his adjustment to night vision. Deliberately he stepped forward, wings still spread, to gently but insistently shepherd his captive ahead of him back to the Edge. He wouldn't put it past an assassin to try to slip away in this unnatural darkness, no matter her words.

((Wrapping this up and continuing to a thread in the Edge in which I shall tag Chemical to continue this after Ghost's absence.))