!! Miss Missing You

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
give me your eyes for just one second,
give me your eyes so i can see
everything that i keep missing

The golden mare picked up her feet, listening to the sound of the birds as they chirped their warnings. It was going to be cold here, it wasn't something that one should take lightly. She had been cold for the past couple of months of her travel, but the concerned sound of the birds was something completely different to her ears. A snort escaped her maw as she peered up to the red-tailed hawk that was following her. He glided down, running his feathers along her spine and let out a sharp cry. The border was different. So weird. I don't suggest passing this border, ma'am. Something seems off... He cawed in her head, hovering right along the very edge of the forest they were pacing in front of. "I have to keep moving. They can't find me..." she retorted, panic filling her features ever so slightly. She couldn't get dragged back to the stupid cave and it's frigid air and lack of food and water. With a guard who was trying to act like Taj. It was all too much for her. "I have to cross the border. Stay with me please, Recke." She called to her hawk as he continued to fly along the border. With a bird-like sigh he descended so that he had landed upon her withers, wings ruffling just enough to get situated before he closed his wings up against his side.

Two uncertain steps toward the left, and then two uncertain steps toward the right. She had to go in there. She had to get away from her old land. A snort escaped her maw as she felt the vibrations along the border. Something was different. Something was drastically different. It was radiating with such power and force that it felt as though her skin was going to be ripped off of her the second she plowed through it. But it seemed like more of a safe haven if she could get through. And if she didn't make it then at least she didn't have to worry about getting caught again. Two steps back. No. More. Another two steps back. No. Still more. Six steps back. A loud snort and then a deep intake of breath. And then she was bolting full force past the strange vibrations. It was like her breath was getting knocked out of her lungs. She stumbled forwards, ice under her feet taking her by surprise as she slid directly into a huge oak tree. A huff of annoyance escaped her maw before she staggered backward, shaking her head violently to get rid of the pain that was pulsating through her cranium.

What was going on? She still could just barely get her breath back into her lungs when she felt something dig into her withers. Her head swung around at the sound of a loud caw, as if Recke had found his meal. "Recke! Claws off! Get your claws off!" Rasta chastised her companion. But it seemed he couldn't hear her. Or, at the very least he couldn't understand her. Her maw was met with a snap from his sharp beak, a little bit of blood trailing down between her nares before he took off from her back. He circled her a couple of times before taking off the the sky and not looking back once. "Recke! Recke! Come back!" she cried, panic filling her lungs. She shuffled in place, her head looking up toward the sky as she peered around for the hawk that had once been her other half.

She felt so empty. Part of her was missing. A definite part of her was missing. And the pain from his claws in her withers was stronger than the dull throb she was accustomed with feeling. Even her head was bothering her more than usual. She felt so vulnerable. What was so different about this place? What was it about just barely crossing a border that had caused her to lose just this exact sense of who she was? That was when her mind managed to pick up the difference in her body's own vibrations. She was aging. Her body was working to keep all of her moving and keeping up with the times.

Quietly, Rasta closed her blind orbs, letting out a tiny breath and feeling the tendrils of hot air circle around her face and run it's delicate fingers along the crevices in her cranium. Each muscle and bone being brushed against and it was slightly comforting. Knowing that it was all okay, that the world was at least working relatively normal. She let out a tiny huff of breath before starting to inch forward. Her mind concentrating on each tiny vibration in the ground around her as she felt the terrain she was going to have to begin to get used to. The overwhelming wall of vibrations was still radiating behind her as she began to trot deeper and deeper into the forest. Her ivory mane curling up in the air around her as she raised her hooves up in a snapping motion to ensure she didn't trip over any roots. Her whole world was already turned head over heels from the incessant vibrations that were stuck in her cranium from slamming into the border.

Her legs were getting tired and she was still partially breathless from the shock of crossing the vibrations and getting all of her connections broken away from her. She felt useless and so as she allowed her frame to stop in the middle of a huge collection of trees she shook her head, pretending to peer around the land. Trees tall, towering well up into the skyline. Brush circling around the bottom of the trees and creating a thick amount of foliage to push through in order to move forward. There were night owls fluffing their wings in the tree's and the sound of hoof steps were filling her ears. Perhaps there was someone around here who could aid her. She was going to need someplace to stay. Though she wasn't sure where exactly at this moment. But she knew that she couldn't live life on the run.

She was a changed mare. She wasn't safe and she needed a new home...

1054 words
Completely open <3
-loves imi for the table-
Image Credits

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

[OOC | Takes place just before birthing thread.]

I would love to say that I walked to the Threshold, but in truth, I waddled.

I should not be outside our borders. I should not wander off alone. But sometimes, a fae just needs her space. And today is just one of those days where I simply can't stand to be around everyone else. I have felt useless ever since the beginning of the endless night. Kri says that our light will return, but I am not so sure. I can feel their absence in my bones. I wonder if Kri has magic. I wonder if she feels the same void that I do when I reach inside myself for my powers. I wonder if she has doubts, too. Somehow I don't think she's quite as afraid as I am. She doesn't have time to be afraid. She must be busier now than ever, but I am simply existing. I cannot help my herd with a magic I don't have just now; I cannot protect my family with a Wall I cannot build. I cannot fight, I cannot heal, I cannot be stealthy. And now I cannot craft. What use am I to anyone in this darkness if I cannot provide some source of light?

I plod rather indelicately toward the Threshold, guided by the eerie, ambient light of the gently glowing trees scattered across the landscape. The path is familiar, for I have traveled it many times before, but it is abnormal and discomfiting to do so in darkness. My wings long for flight, but it is for many reasons that I remain grounded. I am so largely pregnant that I can hardly walk anymore, and I tremble to think of the consequences of an in-flight birthing. And the ebony silk of the sky scares me. What if I were never to return? Would anyone miss me? My mate is long gone; my daughter has deserted me, and the father of the child I carry can understand neither my words nor my feelings. Would anyone realize I was gone, if the black sky were to simply swallow me up?

A panicked shriek catches my attention, and I tread as silently as possible in the direction of the sound. My movements are as hurried as can be, but burdened as I am by the extra life in my belly, I can do no more than a slow trot. Silence, too, is impossible, for the extra weight I have taken on pulls me down more heavily that I should fall. Still, I emerge into a small clearing, lit from a small glow-tree to the side. Before me, a mare trots briskly across the clearing. I am surprised she does not call out to me, but there you are. Perhaps she is frightened, or perhaps she thinks herself above me. "Excuse me, miss," I call, continuing my slow, burdened gait to catch up to her, if she will have me. "A moment, if you will?" I cannot fight; I cannot heal. I cannot steal, and I cannot craft. But perhaps I can still recruit.

"Talk talk talk."
@[Rasta]

Sohalia
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Apodis Posts: 39
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 :: 12 Buff: NOVICE
Eaglecry

I've become much too good at being invincible, I'm an expert at play it safe, and keep it cool
But I swear this isn't who I'm meant to be, I refuse to let my life roll all over me...

The Golden eyed stallion had been on the move for far to long now, not once had he managed to settle down, each place he'd fled from to find new places, each one caused by war. He was tired of this, it was all getting old; much like himself. He was ready to maybe settle down, start something of his own, instead of being the one running around after all else. That had to stop, especially now he was injured for life, a permanent limp would shadow him until he took his last breaths. His darker muzzle was graying out slightly from his age, though you couldn't really tell as for it's mainly under his chin where the few grey hairs have started to grow, Apart from that one small thing, Apodis looks young and athletic from afar.

With a sigh and a struggle in step, the Stag made his way forwards, hoping that this place he could sense emerging upon the horizon, would offer him a place of sanctuary. Limping upon his front left leg as he went, barely placing the whole hoof upon the ground, for it caused him too much pain to bare. The buckskin Stallion had acquired this lifelong injury from a fight, One which he'd gotten into without even wanting such a thing, but if attacked, would you just lie down and die? Let them kill you? no. Apodis wasn't like that, he may hate the thought of fighting, all because his Father had pushed him so far. But he wasn't just going to let someone walk all over him, if a fight was at hand, then he sure as hell was going to put up a fight and make whom ever decided to attack him, life's hard.

Apodis moved at a slow pace, not once the happy go lucky guy he was, his mind clouded over as he went, orbs trained to the ground, having to watch every little step he made now, the forest the worse place to have stumbled into, roots stuck out ready for the blind or clumsy, or just injured much like himself, to trip. His brain immediately went to the thought of Rasta and how she had been blind, Though she seemed to move with ease. Rasta he though with a deep intake of breath, how much he dearly missed that pale mare. He'd left her back when the war had just become to much for him, taking almost all his strength to do so, but he'd done it and now he pined for her company, to see the mare that never seemed depressed with her blindness, or even struggle like she had no sight.

Golden eyes flicked up as he felt the presence of others, orbs flickered over a rather large winged mare, one whom he could tell was heavily pregnant and soon to foal, the other was another mare, pale and small, much like a paler coloring of his own body. "Rasta.." his lips formed the words as his mind flicked back to her, his voice almost inaudible. It couldn't be could it? Was his head playing tricks on him again, Or was he really seeing this Mare in front of him. No, it couldn't possibly be her... Could it?

He pressed on heading down a slope in the lands, down towards the pair, Try his best not to limp too much, but that was pretty hard when the pain was just excruciating. The winged white mare spoke to this other, ears flickered in their direction, picking up easily upon the voice. If it really was Rasta, she would not have seen her... No wait, didn't she have that dreaded bird? Where was it? he slammed on the brakes, sliding down the slope, kicking up a dust cloud as he slid down on his haunches, stopping a good distance from them, but not in a place he was hidden, he was open to an attack if they so choose to do so. He looked around searching for this bird, knowing it would be waiting someplace to jump out and attack him. But it was no where to be found, thus adding more onto the side of this not being Rasta after all, just someone who happened to look so much like her.

Walking forward he stopped a little closer to the two this time, pulling himself up and making his shape seem bigger, even puffing his chest out a little. "Hello there ladies" he chirped cheerily and with a cocky grin plastered across his face.
"Talk talk talk."

[Image: 525f791c057b6]64HP
[Image: 52878c6669a55]
Lines by bronzehalo

It was such a strange feeling for her - to feel so empty, as though something that was a drastic part of her had just disappeared. She was reaching out desperately for some sort of connection with her hawk. Her hawk that seemed to have broken ties with her completely. No matter how much she begged and pleaded in her mind she could not pull him back toward her. It was a sickening feeling. It was something she didn't wish to repeat. But was there no way around this feeling? Was there a simple way to regain this missing part of herself? She wanted to feel whole if she had to age. She didn't want to be this half-alive carcass who was struggling through life finally beginning to understand the pains of aging. No. It was definitely too much.

She shook her head as she planted her hooves in the ground. Each flint planted squarely for the best balance as she felt the minuscule vibrations of the trees as they swayed in the light breeze. There was no familiar caw twisting and turning through trees as her petite head peered up toward the forever black sky-scape. Even if there was light her eyes would catch none of it. She was blind, that was something she had to live with. She couldn't see the glinting luminescence of the lights glowing off of the trees and radiating off of her creme coat, causing it to be more orange in hue. She wouldn't get to see the beautiful hues of blues and greens. She wouldn't be able to see this starless sky and the lantern trees. She was stuck in a world of perpetual blackness. Shadows in every corner. Just barely being able to make out the shapes of everything. But with her years of practice she was able to decipher who a person was off of their shape andd their speech. She was able to find the minute movements. She was able to move on with life and survive. That was something to be proud of. It was also something that caused her some pain. She wanted to be normal like everyone else. Yet. She never could be. Perhaps if she could get her hawk back she would feel right with the world again. Perhaps she would begin to feel like herself...

Rasta could pick up easily on the vibrations of feet. A mare, pregnant at that, from the weight and her seemingly waddling gait. That was when she realized something seemed quite different. There were appendages growing off of her shoulder blades, easily capable of stretching out and being thrice fold as large as the mare herself. The wind seemed to be playing with the winged mare's mane, delicately pulling on it and placing it around and around in circles and twirls. All lines, outlines and inside lines to show her the person itself in the three dimensional manner that life itself was. Each line vibrated just a little and formed basic pictures, enough for her mind to wrap around it and get her environment as well as the minute changes in the background. She could feel the light shifts in weight as one moved from leg to leg.

That was when she could hear the sound of hooves edging closer. Still waddling, still obviously pregnant. She had stopped stark still in the clearing, her blind eyes moving around as if they were taking everything in when a sweet voice falls through the clearing. She shifts her weight, feeling the motion of another horse coming closer. This one has a limp, an obvious limp so she doesn't mind when she turns her back toward the oncoming equine. The mare before Rasta would like a moment, and she is inclined to give her one. Her blind gaze is directed toward the mare, though it is obvious that she cannot focus her gaze upon the winged creature nor actually lock her gaze on her. She is simply staring at the area around her, close enough to pass for someone walking by, but if they were to attempt to meet her gaze they would find that there is none for them to meet.

"Of course you may, ma'am. It's nice to see there are other of the equine nature lurking these lands," Rasta said, sweet silken chords floating in the air toward the mare. "I sense we are not alone, ma'am. Are you expecting someone?" she questioned, and as if on cue the sound of dirt and rocks being kicked up resounded in her ears. Turning her head delicately toward the stag with the limp she gave a light bob of her head in greeting. The stag pulled himself up toward the two mares, taking care to puff up his frame, attempting to seem bigger, more manly, as he stepped up beside him. A cocky grin was placed upon his face as the stag chirped out a greeting. She had seen few with such a nice demeanor that managed to hold such cockiness. It reminded her of someone that she couldn't exactly remember. But it was so familiar. And that familiarity struck a sharp pain in her heart. Perhaps she wasn't alone?

Rasta's mind flashed back. Apodis? Was this him? She had missed him. It was great to see him. Such a familiar voice, laced with a sweetness that was covered by a sense of authority. It had to be him. In fact... it was him. That cocky grin was proof of it. "Would you like to wipe the grin off your face, soldier?" she asked with amusement filling her tones. "Pleasure to see you again Apodis - at least I am quite certain it is you. If I am mistaken I am sorry." she said, giving a gentle smile toward both of them. "I go by Rasta, your name ma'am?" she offered, shifting her weight just enough to stand so that she was positioned safely between the two of them.

Now, it was time to see if her ability to judge the vibrations had stayed with her through crossing this border.

1028 words
Rasta misses her hawk @[Sohalia] && @[Apodis]
Image Credits

Sohalia

I have never given much thought to my ability to see, but I must for a moment stop to truly appreciate that gift. I am met by a blank stare - no, blank is not the right word, for emotion (even if it is simply calmness) shows in her clouded orbs. No, it is the ability to see that this mare lacks, though I do not know how to describe it to someone who has not seen it. She looks around me or through me, not at me; for one raised to look at who she talks to, I am a bit affronted until I realize that she simply cannot look directly at me, cannot meet my gaze. It is an odd thing to get used to, I am sure, and should I prove successful in my recruiting endeavors today, I hope to have the chance to do so. But for now I must convince her to accompany me home.

She is polite, and I get the feeling that she is well-versed in diplomacy. "I could say the same," I agree as she speaks of meeting another, for though I left home to escape company, I do not relish solitude for very long. It is ironic, of course, considering that I had been terrified to enter into a herd for such a long time. But now I cannot imagine myself without them. To the announcement of a new arrival, I stiffen, anxiety momentarily coloring my thoughts. There are many who might take advantage of the endless night, more who would do harm to a pregnant mare from the Dragon's Throat solely to cause a stir. And I cannot have that. But I could not hope to escape in my condition, either.

I am just about to reply (rather nervously, I might add) that I am not expecting company when the steed bounds into the clearing. He voices a civil greeting, and I would be pleased to respond in kind, but the still-unnamed mare beats me to it. I look between the pair, bemused, as the mare teasingly berates the stallion. She calls him soldier, and I am left to think of my own warrior. Not that I can truly call him mine. I sigh, shifting my weight from one side to the other. I can feel the foal shift, and it makes me uncomfortable. I find that I am unable to rest at a standstill, but it would be rude to move on. Besides, I would very much like this pair to join me in my trek, as much for my protection as for their assimilation into the Throat.

"My name is Sohalia," I say with a small, shy smile. She cannot see me, but I still feel intimidated - both of them share a certain authority that a grossly pregnant mare just... lacks. But wait - she had commented on the stallion's grin, hadn't she? So can she see? I am utterly confused, for I have never met a blind fae before, and I haven't the slightest idea how it works. I remember that she seemed to have no trouble navigating the terrain, and as I continue my introductions I ponder the oddities of that which I do not understand. "I am an artisan of the Dragon's Throat, a desert herdland to the south. I craft in metal and crystal, but I'm afraid that I haven't been doing very much crafting lately."

The statement leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. The darkness has not brought only the dangers that lurk in the night, but also a vulnerability that I have not felt since I first acquired my magic. I have grown since then - now I can enter the spirit world to converse with the dead, crystallize living things in a layer of diamond-like rock, and forge metal with nothing more than my thoughts. Or I had been able to, until this cursed blackness took it away. I am surprised by how reliant I have become on my magic, how much of a crutch it is, how much it defines me. But I'm afraid that it cannot be helped.

"These are dangerous times to wander alone," I add. "If I may, might you both accompany to my homeland? I fear that we will be much safer in a group, and there is shelter there aplenty. I am sure that our leader would be more than happy to meet with you and to assist you in any way that she can. Soldiers are always welcome," I tell the steed with another shy smile, "and I am sure that you have talents as well, Rasta, though I may not know them yet." I find myself quite talkative today, and decide that I might want to give them time to respond before I continue to prattle on about nothing.

"Talk talk talk."
@[Apodis & Rasta]

Sohalia
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Apodis Posts: 39
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 :: 12 Buff: NOVICE
Eaglecry

I've become much too good at being invincible, I'm an expert at play it safe, and keep it cool
But I swear this isn't who I'm meant to be, I refuse to let my life roll all over me...

Golden ords gazed over the white winged mare standing a front the other Mare, who's colour was not quite white, but also not beige, it layed somewhere between the two, Much like his dear, close friend Rasta had been. His heart and soul had never stopped knowing apart of her. Everywhere he went, the memories followed shortly behind. Each time a equine looked simular to her, a part of him broke inside, To remember how he'd just left her at the time she needed him the most, pained him incredibly. He had supposed to have been her bodygaurd, even going as far as to pledging himself to her alligences. He missed her pale face, her clouded over eye's, her spirit to just go on, to fight for everything. Perhaps she was the one looking out for him and not the latter. If only he could find someone here with that same fighting spirit; though it wouldn't be the same, he just needed to be with someone like that, To lift his dampened spirits. Life had taken its toll on the golden buckskin, his happy go lucky attitude wasn't there anymore, even though he appeared to be fine on the outside, everything on the inside was a mess.

He kept a little to himself, not even sure why he'd bothered to be honest. It wasn't like they both welcomed him with open arms, in fact he felt a little push to the side lines. Dropping his once prud stance to something more slouched, depressed even; Something that was a rare occasion to him. Just as he was about to turn and find some others to talk with, the not quite white Mare spoke up, her words caught at his satalites. Soldier? There was only one whom called him by that name... Could it be?
As soon as he heard his name fall from those palour lips, his heart stopped. RASTA! His mind screeched, even if he was wrong, who else would know him, he didn't know many that were this odd colour, Apart from her. A smile grew upon his deep chestnut muzzle, reaching out to place his nose ever so gently against her neck, the place he'd always touched her and with such a gentle, caring manour. "It's me Rasta, It's actually me." Taking in a deep breath, inhaling her scent, a wave of relief and hope washed oer him as his eyes closed, glad to finally be back at her side, Glad that she hadn't died. Almost forgetting about the other one, he opened his eyes, nibbling upon Rasta's mane, grooming it out straight.

He gave a gentle smile over to the winged, glad that she didn't take it open herself to spread them or flap in his face. Still weary of such things, after Rasta's hawk attacked him. A chuckle resonated inside his mind. "Nice to meet you Sohalia, As mentioned. I'm Apodis" he spoke very formily, with a bob to his cranium towards her in a sign of acknowledgement. Turning his gaze then back to Rasta, a slight cheeky, but shy smile grew upon his features, reaching up and tugged on one of her ears playfully. But did so in a gentle way as not to hurt her, even though she'd more than likely scold him for it. "Someone's still looking in good shape" he whispered to her with a child like tone and a slight chuckle escaping his lips.

Maybe this place wouldn't be so bad.

Apodis listened to her carefully, already feeling like he had to look after the two, wether or not this other one accepted it or not, He'd go about his own to keep her from harms way, She was in no form to fight, At least Rasta was doing well. "I agree" he stated formily and stepped forward bowing his head. "I'll keep you both safe" He spoke riasing his head back up, looking back to Rasta "If you could tell me the way, or perhaps just guide me on the way. I'm more than happy to move out of here. Staying in one place for too long is not a good idea. I think Rasta can vouch on that to some extent" He chuckled as he looked back to her, knowing that she'd pick up on what he was talking about. "Though I'm only going if she so pleases" He stated simply, Hoping that Rasta would make the right choice, He wasn't going to leave her again anytime soon, so if she decided to not follow, then he would stay behind with her, keeping her safe like he'd so promised. Taking a step back he fell into place next to her. "Make the desicion Rasta" his voice soft and gentle.

"Talk talk talk."

[Image: 525f791c057b6]64HP
[Image: 52878c6669a55]
Lines by bronzehalo

Rasta flicks her ear just a little, listening to the sound of the branches as they scratch up against the bark. It is cold, but it is something she can deal with. It is better than being overheated and seeking refuge in some running water. Her blind orbs shifting around as if they were attempting to lock onto a gaze but were unable to find it.

She could feel the tiny vibrations of the smile forming on Apodis' face as he reached out and allowed his maw to rest gently against her neck. Gentle, caring. Definitely the stag who had promised to protect her oh so long ago. He inhaled, taking in her scent as if to prove to himself it was her. His confirmation of who he was receiving a tiny grin from her face. And then, he was nibbling on her mane, pulling on it a little before grooming it so that it would lay out nice and straight. It had been too long since she'd managed to truly be calm. And now, a wave of calm had washed over her. She wasn't anxious, though she still wished for her bird - her other half.

"My name is Sohalia," the white mare says, a smile forming on her face, though it is small. Her demeanor seems to have shrunk a little, so concern flits through Rasta's features as she listens to the mare's description of herself. An artisan, without the ability to do so and whether that was from her pregnancy or the weird barrier into these lands she was not sure. "Have you not been crafting because of the foal kicking in your belly, or the strange wall of vibrations that seem to surround this land? It shed me of my companion and knocked me of my breath when I passed through." Rasta paused, realizing she was probably catching the mare off guard. "Sorry if I surprised you, ma'am. I'm blind, if you haven't guessed so already, but I judge the world around me by the vibrations... If you've ever felt the thunder rumbling I feel the world by vibrations like that... just not near as strong..." she explained, ducking her head just a little to show she meant absolutely nothing near rudeness.

She shook her head, feeling a tug on her ear by Apodis and his cheeky remark about how she was still in good shape. "Ey. Leave the ear alone, soldier. I'm not a teddy bear," she teased. listening to his chuckles before she pulled away as the mare spoke again. Dangerous times to wander alone. What was happening in this land? Was it another time of war? She wasn't sure she wanted to have to live through another one. She had lost her edge in fighting. She had been trapped in a cave too long to be able to know if she still carried the same skills and stamina she used to have present. And, she offers them a home if they were to travel with them. A home would be lovely, she has to admit.

Apodis stepped forward agreeing with her statement about the dangerous times. He bows his head and said he keep both of them safe. She didn't doubt it, he had done so times before. She could feel him turning his head back up toward her before he said that he would be happy to move away. She would be happy to as well. Staying in one spot was not something she wished to do. She didn't want to get caught again. She really, really didn't. He pulled back up so he was at her side before telling her to make the decision.

A gentle bob of her head as she turned back toward the white mare with wings. Usually her hawk would have chimed in, telling her whether it believed this to be a good idea or not. But he was gone. She was going to have to get used to that now, as sickening as the feeling was. "It would be an honour to accompany you, ma'am. Please, do show the way. Is there something in particular which we should be staying attentive for?" she responded, her voice genuine. It would be lovely to accompany such a sweet mare, and it would be even more lovely to find a home to stay in where she could aid the herd as much as possible.

745 words
Yay for a home <3
@[Sohalia] && @[Apodis]
Image Credits

Sohalia

Something about Rasta exudes confidence, and I find myself slightly jealous of the comfortable leadership that she assumes so easily. If only it were that simple for me. My decisions would be much easier, and perhaps my heart would be a bit lighter. Of course, I do not know what trials and tribulations this pair has gone through in their time, for Rasta, at least, seems wise beyond her years - she speaks in an affectionate, almost motherly tone, although there is something rather stern about her that somehow reminds me of steel. It is odd, how I have come to know the metals in such a way, and perhaps I would be the only one to understand that they have personalities, but even so, it is how I have come to think in my time as the Forger of the Dragon's Throat.

I smile at Apodis, for he seems a kindly enough stallion, though in all honesty I have grown a bit wary of males. After all, my alleged mate left me stranded with our newborn daughter, and his replacement - for lack of a better word - has only as much interest in me as his primal urges tell him. Quite frankly, a less hospitable mare would feel rather used in my place, but I don't. I am oddly grateful for the lessons they have taught me, even if such lessons are to trust few at all, and even fewer of the opposite gender. Rasta, on the other hand, I am quickly growing to like, particularly as she seems to have picked up on my unfortunately obvious discomfort. "I'm sorry," I say sheepishly. "I had not idea that vibrations could hold so much information. It is truly fascinating!" My vocals are sincere, my auds pricked forward and my head dipped bashfully.

The pair agree to follow me, and I smile, slightly more confidently than before. "I would be honored to have you both, and I am particularly grateful for your protection, Apodis. In my condition, I am afraid that I was unwise to wander alone." The frown returns, my brow furrowing. What dangers lurk in the dark, I cannot say, not for certain, but it would seem that our gods and our magics have forsaken us, and that cannot bode well for anyone. "I cannot say for sure what lurks in the endless night, Miss Rasta," I admit, feeling as though some sort of respectful address is in order. "It's been dark for days, you see. The sun and the moon are gone. Some are saying... they think the gods deserted us, you see." Worry colors my vocals. "Nothing particularly dangerous has appeared, to my knowledge, but caution never hurt." With that, I shake my head slightly and turn away from them. "It is not horribly far to my home. Shall we?"

[OOC | To be continued...]

"Talk talk talk."

Sohalia