the Rift

[OPEN] From the Silence [Ophelia/Ktulu]

Ziago Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Ziago
Still just a boy, but already a man

ooc: I started out with this boy in the Threshold where he met Irry and heard about the Grey. I was just having a really hard time getting active replies (the thread went two weeks without a single response) so Boom suggested she set him as an outcast, and I try to home him this way. So I suppose this his attempt at an interview :3

If Ziago had learned anything in the last week, it was that acceptance was a very relative thing. From what he had learned, he had entered these lands through the standard gateway, but his meetings with other equines hadn’t bore edible fruits. There had been a standard horse and two other pegasi for his story’s grand opening. He had felt far more comfortable with the latter setting, though he knew he shouldn’t be so quick to attempt to settle in with ‘his own kind’. It was too quick to jump to conclusions, and yet he had liked the words that the winged mare had to offer about her homeland, and the people who accompanied it. The Grey. It was an ominous name for a group to live with, but one that he could see taking up the mantle of none the less. Grey ranged a considerable spectrum, and he could just as easily see the group being at the near white end of it as the dark. You’re reading too much into it again. Honestly, it’s nothing more than something to call themselves. It probably has nothing at all to do with their motives. They had sounded like a proper place for a young creature too, a place where he might learn a little more. He wanted so badly to hone his talents, to be able to be completely confident in himself. He knew he could do some fighting now, but to be able to accomplish so much more! He wanted to be part of legend, someone that stories could be told about when he was gone. If you don’t get more training before you start picking fights, that day will be here sooner rather than later. No one tells legends about a fool cut down on the battle field, but the foals will certainly get a horror story out of it. His own snide mind was his greatest supporter and his worst enemy these days. It did him no good to be his sole companion; he was far too inwardly talkative. Most would think he was going crazy for as much dialogue as he had to share with himself. He remembered a childhood friend who had wrinkled his nose at the mention of imaginary friends, and this was close enough. “I just don’t see the point,” Bear had said to him, “When if your imaginary friend is a figment of your imagination, you know everything that they’re going to say. There isn’t any surprise to it Z, and I just can’t deal with that.”

Bear had always been rather unimaginative, but he was the one person that Ziago consistently missed from his childhood life. If Bear were to turn up today, Ziago would be no less overjoyed to see him than he had been each day as a colt, thrilled by the coming of the sun and the prospect of another day with his best friend. Bear wasn’t coming though, and Ziago needed a home to shelter in with winter here to stay. The cold nipped at his speckled coat as he made his way into the place that the mare, Irry, had mentioned. It was called the Foothills, where all of the Grey apparently made their home. It would be nice, he supposed, to be amongst a people again. He could count on having company every day, and waking up to the sounds of other people talking. It was a nice thought. He could do crowds just as easily as he had done singularity in the past few years, but expected he’d be happier with the crowd option. In fact, he would be thrilled to know that there was someone out there to watch his back. Being a bachelor, in the herd sense of the word rather than the romantic, was rather lonely. Not to say that the romantic sense of the word isn’t. He shook his head at his own brazenness, and continued on his way. As he descended over a crest to reach the valley that he was trying to make a home, a grin lit on his face. It was well protected, and so it was barely touched by the snow. To live in a place that wasn’t so gods-blasted cold would be nice. Well, perhaps still cold, but less coated in wet and white. He could happily live in a place where he could stretch his wings without fear of them getting damp and starting to smell of mildew. The place was impressive, of that there was no question. From his vantage point he could see a waterfall tumbling gracefully but almost lethargically in the cold into a pool. It would be a nice spot in the summer, perhaps not so quaint to go swimming in at the moment. That would take a bout of serious insanity. His feet slipping in their way down the slope drew his attention back to his own feet, and the issue at hand. He didn’t see anyone. He snorted. This wasn’t the part he was looking forward to. He had hoped that it would be as easy as encountering people in the Threshold had been, where all he had to do was turn around, and like magic, someone was there.

“Hullo?” he called into the emptiness. This was a herd lands for the gods sake, there had to be others here, even if he was too unobservant or nearsighted to see them. “I’m looking for the Grey?” he tried a second time, hoping that this one would be successful. It seemed he could only wait, but he was so bad at that. He fidgeted, hoping that a reply would appear soon. He didn’t like the thought of venturing further into a place that, as of yet, he had little right to be.

"blah blah blah."