the Rift

[OPEN] Loading. . .
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Midas
Your heart strikes the gold in me
I was confined to the Throat, which was currently surrounded by darkness. One couldn’t see a hoof-full of yards beyond the sparkling light trees, (as we called them), that lead paths through the Threshold. I knew that Ktulu was beyond those lights, and perhaps in the dark all alone with our daughter and her sister—even though rumors said that the gods had provided sanctuary for those that lay within herdlands. Who could blame me for worrying? Woe to the cold, it was freezing in the areas away from Dragon Fire. Much to cool for flight in extended periods, and without the sun to warm our wings…how would we survive this tribulation? My eyes shift to heaven, their golden fire is dulled by darkness—sunken by sleeplessness. I held dread and fear.

My body lingered on the border, steps still sunk by red dirt. If I went to find you, would this family disappear? I sighed and the mist rose above me, disappearing into the sightless area above. A sound, much like the call of a raptor came from behind me. One ear swiveled but my rigid position didn’t bother breaking, I wouldn’t have to turn to know that the other half of my bonded soul was approaching. She lands smartly across my rear, snapping a quick question into my mind, “What are you doing?” I sigh again, turning my face to regard the child who no longer burned with fire, “Thinking…”

Scoffing at me Fina swiveled around to stare into the direction she just came from, “You think many great thoughts, and act very little,” her tone was accusing but correct. I couldn’t hide much from her, (if any at all.)

Credits

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Hector Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.3hh :: 7 Years HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Veci :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Dream
No Time for Lies and Empty Fights

I thought you liked the darkness. Hector grumbled to Veci through their bond, knowing the boggart would be able to hear him, but he was met with a stony silence. Ever since the light had abandoned them his unseen friend had become more and more irritable, the spark of mischief gone from his aura and the hybrid figured the ghost must be worried. Like himself. The recent turn of events was unnatural, it messed with their minds and set in place a mixture of bad emotions. They instinctively walked towards the lamp trees that offered a small respite from the bleak world around them and lit up the major paths throughout the land. A cold wind brushed against his dull liver fur and he shivered, hooves lax against the dusty surface. He missed flying, he missed the sun on his back, flight in this evil world was enjoyable and disgraced a miraculous feeling. The pair of downcast souls meandered their way close to the border, they did after all have their duties to carry out and the Throat land was not going to go unguarded.

It was there that he found a new scent and a voice that was quite familiar to him, motioning to Veci, the pair walked over to greet Midas and his bonded bird, coming to a halt a few paces before him to salute with a crooked smile. "Midas" he said respectfully, comfortable in the presence of the patched warrior. He had never really had a chance to talk with the stallion and perhaps surrounded by darkness was not the best time to get to know one another. Or perhaps it was. Hector wondered what the General thought of the endless night, but part of him blanched away from that particular conversation, it was hard to think of light-hearted topics in such an evil atmosphere.

Instead he cocked his head to one side and smiled grimly, silently cursing the cold that sank into his bones. "Trying to stay sane in this new world is not an easy task, General." He admitted lightly, he did not think he would go mad, but sometimes he'd wake up and he wasn't sure if it was reality or a dream. Maybe this was all just a dream and he would snap awake any minute. For that thought he felt a wave of disapproving vibes flowing from Veci and Hector quietly chuckled. No, the spectre was right, thoughts like that truly would send him mad. Then they would be lost forever.

• Dragon's Throat Rank Experience: Fortify | Level 3
• Permission given for moderate power play, magical influence and damage at all times
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Midas
I stare into the bleakness…wondering, hoping beyond hope that somehow—everything would be alright. Fina scoffed again, this time turning her beak toward our rising pillar of dancing flames that lay in the distance. I could feel her disapproval, but mostly that emotion was because of a familiar fright we both shared. A creature of light didn’t like the darkness any more than I; and she despised being hopeful when no sign of relief was apparent.

Sounds of pattering feet touch my senses, I tip head a little to one side for the point of seeing who walked toward us simply out of necessity. When in daylight I would have been able to pinpoint who it was by their steps and carrying weight—in darkness, I might as well be a greenhorn unfamiliar, with his own ranks. Endless night was ever playing tricks on the mind, and had it not been an outlined shape bobbing toward our position—I might have guessed an overactive imagination was the source.

Hector.

Fina cooed her welcome and I half smiled, recognizing his flaming colored plumage, rich desert pelt that seemed somehow dim and dirty in this light. It was hard not to wonder if that was my appearance as well. “Midas,” he uttered respectfully; muzzle dipping according to our customs. My head lowered in response, mimicking the motion, “Hector…” We both wondered what the other thought about this forsaken time, yet, both sets of ears had heard plenty upon the matter—I didn’t know about him, but this warrior was sick of it. Hearing of it. Sleeping with it. Eating with it. We had enough. Lord only knew how long this actually went on. Days? Months? Surely it couldn’t have been more than a few days? Could it…? How silly of me. Trying to tell time in a land where time itself seemed frozen in place, frozen like the rest of this abandoned land.

"Trying to stay sane in this new world is not an easy task, General."

I grin, though it is a smile laced with bitterness I don’t bother hiding, “Aye, it has been growing hard…and more difficult to tell the passing of time--.” My face turns back to the darkness fully, I no longer regard him yet my voice rises all the same, “Do you have a personal family Hector?”
Credits

Hector Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.3hh :: 7 Years HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Veci :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Dream
No Time for Lies and Empty Fights

It seemed this new bleak world was getting to everybody, even someone who seemed so strong and resilient like Midas could only manage an answering smile laced with bitterness. The words the painted warrior spoke echoed the expression on his face and Hector found his own head bobbing in somber agreement, a dark world made for dark thoughts and dark words, it was hard to fight light in such a gloomy atmosphere. Midas looked away then and the hybrid’s gaze was gentle as he watched him, wondering how many battles those golden eyes of his had seen. How much hardship was there in his gaze? Although they were similar in ages, Hector still felt like a child looking upon one who had much more wisdom than himself. The conversation turned then and Hector blinked once in surprise and the change in topic direction. He considered the words, thinking back to his days as the outcast of a land whose people he had been destined to lead if it wasn’t for his breeding. Now those were dark times, even if the light did shine bright there.

"Not anymore. I have half brothers and sisters back in the land where I was born, but my ah … Differences caused a lot of bad feelings. I haven’t seen them for a very long time." I don’t think I ever will again he silently added on, remembering their stern faces and sneering lips. They had never accepted him as their sibling and for a time Hector had hated them for it. Now, however, he just felt a lingering regret that he never managed to bridge the rift between them. His family was now the Throat herd and for that he was grateful.

His gaze turned curious then and he tilted his head to one side, his look directed at his painted counterpart with a question upon his maw. "What about you Midas?" His vocals were innocent enough, the orange stud knew very little about the monochrome stag before him, he had always just been an image of awe and mystery. One starts to form preconceptions about the shadow of a horse he barely knew, it might be good to know just a little about the honoured Midas who he was now working with.

[guh sorry for the uber long wait angel <3]

• Dragon's Throat Rank Experience: Fortify | Level 3
• Permission given for moderate power play, magical influence and damage at all times
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Midas
I had asked about his family because Hector hadn’t grown up with the other Dragon foals. He came after my Father and Mother had passed into their other life and just before Cera appeared. It was sad considering I lived with these this herd, and knew little to nothing of most of its members, “Not anymore. I have half brothers and sisters back in the land where I was born, but my ah… Differences caused a lot of bad feelings. I haven’t seen them for a very long time.” My lips frowned but eyes softened with understanding, it was sad that his family didn’t get along. Especially now. I turned to regard him gently as he broached another question, “What about you Midas?”

“My parents passed in a battle, I was an only child—so no siblings.” I half smiled to show that there was no hard feelings on the matter. “I wonder sometimes, how to handle certain things without the guidance of my Sire.” Despite what had been experienced I still felt young and wet behind the ears; it was hard to see the admiration in my clan mates eyes and actually live up to their standards. Sometimes smiling was all that could be mustered, perhaps that was why I maintained a firm distance and kept busy. I was afraid they would all see the fear for what it truly was, an insecurity that wasn’t worthy for the job of protecting them.

Then I thought of another family, my growing family that existed outside the Throat. When I thought of a certain little filly, my frown dissipated, “I have three children, Cera, and a stepson, Hototo. My newborn daughter was born just before the light disappeared.” Very few knew of my interactions with Ktulu.
Credits