the Rift

[OPEN] and we dance with the dead

Confutatis the World Eater Posts: 179
Hidden Account atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2hh :: 9 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Mongrel :: Common Kitsune :: Dark Illusions wanda
She left the prince of snow and winter’s breath behind, and ventured past the heat of Helovia’s burning heart, to a land frozen with waters dead and silent, holding precious secrets within its dismal putrid waters. Never once did she look back to the winter king standing on the banks of the glacial river cutting between the meadow dry and yellowed, standing in the sugar that was not sweet.

This mare was Lady Death, Mystique, the Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus, the villain who stalked the forest dark, and this land was her dream, for here she concocted the terrible nightmares of children and danced unholy tributes to monstrosities of nature. The darkness so deep she embraced with the passion of a lover, whispering her prayers of thanks to the obsidian velvet that hung over the world, so-called Helovia, and dreamt her sickly dreams. She walked with a gleam in her eye, the shine of a woman who walks on the precipice of madness, knowing she can fall over into insanity at any moment, the lone wolf, the black tigress, the bitter panther, waiting for a particularly succulent piece of pray to tear her teeth into. Peace she devoured with a voracious appetite, shredding it with glee, taking pleasure in the causing of pain and slaughter, the butcher wielding her knife to the living pig.

Her name was Confutatis, and her mind was fractured but not quite shattered.

She was the harlot, dreaming of a man’s warm touch against her scarred skin, but her shrivelled heart was wrapped under too many layers of obsidian velvet, swathed against the true indulgences of amity and ardour, devotion and tender kisses. The Lady Death was not a fair maiden, a pretty whore to fondle, nor did she walk with a swing in her scarred hips; she was a feral beast to be kept on the end of a chain, to be studied but not loved, to be petted but not wanted, to be both feared and admired for her callousness and bewitching behavior.

Nefarious and malignant, she stalked the lands of eternal night, seeking the delights of wreaking havoc and shredding the tenebrous peace of the herdlands, wishing she could cast ill to each and every walking horse of this Helovia, the land of the dead sun swallowed by the night.

The hellion bathed in the death that would come of the darkness, her initial fears wiped away, and her laugh echoed through the land of the dead as she gambolled amongst the corpses of the tepid cadavers. “Why so serious?” She cackled, and she threw back her skull-masked head and grinned, baring her teeth in a savage smile, a gruesome parody of a grin, a snarling wolf not even hidden underneath her façade of controlled ladylike movements. The cold did not bother her, not today; today she continued her cavorting under the eternal night, dancing languidly and quickly, light on her feet and swift with her cruel little smiles, enjoying the dance with the dead, with the bloated bodies glistening in the water, staring at the living with jealous eyes.

Seele the Necromancer Posts: 210
Deceased atk: 5.5 |
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 hh :: five (ages orangemoon) Buff: NOVICE
Abba
Swift movements. My muscles rippling. Everything around me was a game of charades. An entire game of charades. How long had it been since my crystalline hooves had clicked against the bones of the dead? I no longer knew. It was all an uncertainty. But it had definitely been too long. I hadn't felt the thrill of blood sticking to my charcoal fur as I dealt the final blow with my horn. The sound of their voices screaming out in agony. The sound of them choking on their own blood as they lay curled up at my feet eyes pleading at me as if I would have the audacity to save their lives when they had proved to me that they were not worthy of breathing - that they were not worthy of any form of sympathy.

My eyes lingered around on the darkness that secluded this land. It was perfect. It was utterly perfect. Monsters lurked in the dark. Except these monsters were not the prophecies of big foot and the boogie man. No. These monsters were much more volatile. These monsters were much more real. These monsters had no inhibition as to who really died. These monsters just wanted blood. And blood is the life-sustaining substance. The substance I must shed from others to keep myself living. It is now that I realized how much like a vampire I was. Seeking out the blood of others for my own amusement. The only difference: I don't want to drink their blood. No. I just want to relish their pain. I'm utterly sadistic and there is no way that something of that nature could ever be changed.

The night had done this place well. It had enhanced the mystery and the horror that was associated with this place. It had aided in keeping those of sane minds out. Unless one had a death wish or wanted to kill someone in this very area there was no way one would step foot here. I agreed with this. I had yet to see someone stumble in losing their wits about themselves and fall into a pile of bones. Though, I would have to admit that something along those lines would be beyond hilarious. Just thinking of such a feat caused a chuckle to escape my maw, fluttering in tendrils across the sky and weaving it's way between trees to be spread.

That was when I heard someone's voice. An evil voice. One I could relate to. Oh shush. You can't relate to anyone! boomed Unheil's bass chords. You are a soul-less being. And soul-less beings are incapable of relating. I pinned my ears instantly. I could most definitely relate if I wanted to. "Shush." I commanded under my breath, listening to his laughter as soprano chords clashed. You relate just fine. Though I wish it wasn't over insanity came tired speech. I could only shake my head. It didn't matter, now did it? Really? I was who I was, and this horse seemed to be the perfect treat to add to our collection of misfits.

I eyed the skull-like facial marking and her savage smile. She would definitely fit in. I move a little bit ahead of the mare, giving room before I pulled out of the shadows. "Why, hello there. I see someone enjoys the cadavers as much as I." I spoke, a smirk twitching up the corners of my maw as I bowed my head in greeting. "What brings someone of such warrior-like standing out into these haunted parts?" It was time. I was hopefully going to gather another recruit for Eris and I's new pack of misfits.

624 words
Seele is creepier than I thought... XD
@[Confutatis] - I tend to tag everytime I've responded, if that's annoying just let me know and I'll stop xD <3
If you're warm, then you can't relate to me
Credits
●☽ ☾●
Glory and Gore go Hand in Hand
That's Why We're Making Headlines
●☽ ☾●

Oo
Darkness disturbed by a white-face, coarse at the edges.

Lady Death swings her head, eye of rich amber resting upon the mare lovelessly, a cold smile on her charcoal lips sliding away, and she cocks her head, in a sudden and abrupt movement not un-birdlike. The darkness settles like a fine black mantle upon her, shrouding the foreigner's features in shadow, and the only light is the ghastly amber glistening sickly from the gnarled trees twisted by the terrible acts committed in this flooded graveyard.

Rasping melodies, nails against a chalkboard, sending the skin quivering over tense muscle, the wolf preparing to pounce on the sheep, sweet flesh to savor and blood to pool upon the ground. Cadavers; dead, rotted, bloated, decomposing bodies of the unfortunate laid to rest in stagnant water crowded by water-snakes and toads and other ugly little monsters. They are not enjoyable in her waltzing; no, it is the hunger of this new black world, in the obsidian velvet that hides the ambitious and the restless from prying eyes. A homicidal's dream, what all villains would make the world into if they had not been beaten down by unwanted heroes standing in the way. Not her; Lady Death would not be turned back from her perilous dreams.

Confutatis moves forward, skull gleaming on her face, frosted mud reluctantly releasing her hooves, leaving her lower legs slathered in a strange mix of sugar and melted chocolate; her nostrils shiver, expanding to drink her scent of spirit kindred. Lust sated in her dreams of death, she does not seek to relieve her hunger, for she is the dog and Lady Death the wolf- relatives who fought with tooth and nail but worked together on occasion, consolidating one another.

"Times are dark, stranger, and we all walk the line of treachery and madness. What nightmares stalk your dreams, and what insanity do you bring to this world? For only the nefarious prowl the graveyards."

Abba
I shift myself just a little Unheil laughing at me in my head. I hope she shows you how stupid you are and then the booming voice of Schwere retorted back at him Mien puppe is stronger than you think, Unheil. Oh. Couldn't they just shut up for once? If I could kill them over again I would have already as well as left them to float along the cadavers as well. I would be able to step on their faces and crush them over and over and over until they had learned that living on in my head was a mistake.

Cat-like orbs glinted under the amber lights as I stood there, watching the mare as her head jerked the side as if she were of avian heritage. I would say it was creepy, but that would probably have really only worked with someone of such a sane mind. I was lacking that sane mind. Instead, it urged me on. Her crisp vocals with words that explained my thoughts perfectly I couldn't help but to allow a glint of amusement flicker through my orbs. Yes. She would be a purr-fect edition. "I will tell you mine if you grace me with yours. And perhaps I can offer you a home to reside in with others who share such insatiable dark minds." I offer, tilting my head minutely to the side, like a canine who has heard a strange noise. You will not win, Unheil broke in only to be cut off by Innerste, There is nothing for her to win or lose at. Now let her attempt to gather a family. Perhaps then I can make her feel...

293 words
@[Confutatis] If you can't tell - I've never attempted to recruit before XD
If you're warm, then you can't relate to me
Credits
●☽ ☾●
●☽ ☾●

There is no kiss of wind in this silent world, as if it has been trapped in time, locked in a box and left to rot. The snow does not fall and the rain does not patter, the cold grows colder and the warmth has been vanquished near entirely, water circling the drain. No one is here to pick up the shattered pieces of the old world. Gods do not breath life into the grass, or the trees, nor does the sun rise to warm the fierce cold of winter; time is no longer an entity nor driving force. Even the she-god who guides the moon has abandoned her duties. The world is dying; it is falling under the shadow, as hope fades and dreams disappear.

Behold; amusement glitters in the clown-face's eyes. Confutatis' lips twitch, resisting the urge to peel back into a feral snarl, an exposing of fangs, the wolf's growl; her amber eyes glistens haughtily. A bark of laughter corrupts the frigid air, acid spilled on a countertop. "I am the nightmare." They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder; is madness not in the eye as well, as with many of the other attributes one puts to a face, through the twitch of ears and predatory shine of eyes, how they walk and how they run, how they smile and how they speak? She is not mad, simply driven to greater heights. There is more to the dark world than what first meets the eye, as is the same with her. "I am not desirous of your cherished companionship, Lady Faces, nor am I particularly inclined towards those you call your friends. You welcome a stranger with open arms-" a cruel smile widens her sooty lips- "and you do not even know if you can handle the trouble she promises to bring."

Her head inclines thoughtfully, and an inquisitive shine takes to her eye. "It's your turn to play the game now. If you talk the talk, walk the walk." After all, there are simply too many children hoping to follow in a villain's footsteps. There is more to lies and monstrous sins than simply being... bad-ass.

Don't open your mouth until you can back it up with force.

@[Seele]
Long overdue- life ate me. So sorry!

Abba
Amusement is filtering in her eyes with the twitching of her lips. She wants to smirk. She wants to allow that evil heart to beat wildly and out into the world with such a power that no one could contain it. Laughter spills into the air, canine in nature but definitely from the equine's maw. Oh. She was so perfect. If only I could talk her into joining this group.

And she said she was the nightmare. "I do not call them friends. They are simply of the like. For trust must be gained, not given." I smirk, eyeing the one with the sooty smile. It seems we are at a stand still - both not truly deeming the other of any more of a monster than the other. "I am given the blood thirst of not just my own, but two others. I hear voices in my head, pushing me to acquire those who are like me. I am called to become the nightmares of the shadows and to wreck havoc upon the frames who dare to get close to anyone that does not dare understand our desires and push us to the sides like rotten fruits. I am called to make a strong band to prove that we are not that which is to be left untouched. And, it would be of our utmost honour to bring in someone with such the capabilities of forming nightmares by a simple look to join the band which is being created." I say, allowing my voice to spill from my maw in delicate musings.

I shifted my weight, flicking my forelock from my eyes as I wondered if she would take me up on the offer.

289 words
@[Confutatis]
SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
●☽ ☾●

Coarse, stringy, wild and knotted, Confutatis' ashen mane spills over her eyes as she shifts her head. She can feel the hairs tickling her eyelashes, but cannot see. A pang of regret twists in her gut sudden and fierce, a voracious wildcat clawing, opening her stomach to expose red guts; how she hungers for his blood on her lips, so she could wrench the precious horn from his head and shatter it upon the ground, crush it beneath her careless hooves and cry out her battlesong, waging war on the fool who tore vision from her so.

Her lungs rasp painfully as the frozen air makes it way, cutting up her throat.

The mare's company is wholly entertaining. The mare who is schizophrenic. Voices; haunting discordant voices whispering in her ears, constant. Confutatis' lips curl disdainfully, yet her amber eye glints with admiration- admiration she lets show, throwing down a single card of many. Hauntingly slowly, the hellion steps forward, hooves crunching through ice and wet snow, enjoying the chill of it on her legs, the nip of cold on her ears. See her hips swing; see the slight cockiness of a young bullrush stallion in her gaudy steps. "If you want your trouble, I'll do it, Clownface." Her 'r's roll across her tongue, a rock tumbling down a hill.

"I warn you, I don't take company well and I don't follow well. Still, send me out on a task, and we'll show our mangled minds how we bond like two twins frolicking at their mother's side." She-wolf doesn't tell lies, not today. Diamonds fall from her mouth, pretty words; fake or real, we do not know without the use of a magnification glass. Still, she's slippery as a fish out of water, and Seele's grip might just be unable to hold her, gut her and teach her how to listen.

Confutatis doesn't like being controlled; she'll have to play her hand carefully, one card at a time.

Do you see the lies in the air? Do they strike and swat like a stinging bunch of bees? Or do they come quietly, a flock of owls swooping overhead?

@[Seele]

Abba
This mare was a tough shell to crack. Usually I could figure out where their mind was in relation to mine to figure out how to work with them. But this one - yes this specific skull face before me - was too tough of one for my mind to wrap around. Innerste had said compliment so I had and now I was awaiting a response. I was on edge, but I was careful not to show it in my features. This mare would be perfect to this herd. This mare would be the exact image we needed. Not at all like some of the bumbling fools that were just crazy enough to require our assistance in normal life. She looked as though she could hold her own without the help of anyone. And so here I was, requesting that she join us when we had no true incentive or reason for her to join.

And, just as I was about to hold my breath she moved forward. Slow steps. Agonizingly slow steps. I did not flinch, I did not blink. This isn't safe, Seele! She could kill you! came the warning voice of Innerste. Stay safe, Seele. were words that dared to float out of the alto chords I was barely becoming accustomed to. And, as I let out a breath to keep my crystalline hooves locked in the ground I hear her words grace my ears. She'll join. While I wasn't too fond of being called Clownface it would do for the time being. Perhaps she would work her way into something more forgiving. But I had her. She was willing to work with us. And for that I was grateful. "Thank you, recke" I said, a smirk curling up on my maw as I bobbed it in a form of thanks.

You must be stronger than her. Or she will walk over you! Schwere was warning me. But I knew that I could only push so much dominance over the mare without her turning on me and leaving us in a battle to the death. And, really, I had no desire to be ridding us of something that was only an asset to us. She was not something I wished to be fighting.

I shifted my weight just a little. "Company will not be necessary for what I'd wish you to accomplish." I begin before realizing I have nothing to call her by, and she has only her own nicknames off of my appearance to dawn me with. "Before I go much further though I suppose formalities would be necessary. I am Seele, though I believe you will still be calling me by whatever name comes to your mind. But, what might I have the honour of addressing you as?" I said, attempting to be as polite and nice as possible. If only that was fully ingrained in my blood. For, really, I preferred to nasty and rude. But that would be for a later date. "Now, as for your task. I have run in with this 'Assassins' crowd a few times while attempting to recruit. But I have only seen the so-called leader and a young one roaming with her. I would like to know more about them. How many there are, and just how strong they seem to be. They are ones which we might have to spar with for land when it comes time - I would prefer to... exterminate them well before we have to actually deal with them..." I explained, a smirk upon my face as I spoke of extermination.

This was going to be a lovely partnership. I could tell that much already...

626 words
@[Confutatis]
I love them hehe
SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
●☽ ☾●

Condescending child, yet Lady Death finds the way Seele does not move, hardly breathes, as she threatens and approaches, pleasurable. Hard mare, sharp knife. Frigid air rushing from her lungs, heated and warmed by her body, exhaling into the cold, smoky clouds curling and twisting as if they had a mind of their own. It is the little images that piece together the whole; yet still, for all the images she gathers with her amber eye, there are fractures in it; tattered cards, shredded clothes. Seele's hair, the darkness of it falling elegantly in tousled waves. The gleaming glass of her hooves, daubed with black mud. Her twisting horn, so sharp. Curves of her hips and shoulders. Eerie calmness of the passive, cadaver-filled waters. Twisted faces, rotten and peeling skin. The wry lift of her lips.

Her weight shifts; content the message has come to her white-masked head, Confutatis steps back, tipping her sooty muzzle ever so slightly as she listens to her. Seele. And then, there is a name to Clownface. On Lady Death's ears, her tone is done in plaid, narrow-minded stripes, a long, conservative skirt. "Don't bother," she speaks, allowing her voice's natural, rough-throat, guttural voice to come. It's neither a man nor lady's voice- it is hard and uncaring and granite, unloving and unbothering. "Don't you dare try and speak with kindness when I have none and you little. I don't speak in the language of mice and deer- I am wolf and bitch, cougar and lion. You are nothing, nothing better than I." Like a dying man's cough, her throat rasps as she inhales. "Call me Confutatis, glassfox."

Another pause, more words. "I will do so."

She-wolf backs away, turning. Walking at a lazy pace, she wills herself to leave the bloodsister she knows she has found. Turning her head, allowing her blind eye to be pointed at Glassfox- a name that fits her well- Lady Death calls out in her coarse voice; "I'll be back-and leave- soon, and until then, do not speak of me, if you... please."

@[Seele]
You can post one more time or drop it off here, whatever you like!