the Rift

You wanna dance? Let's Dance. [voodoo - nev]

Hestia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

HESTIA the fierce
Born of sweetness, turned sour, ventured neutral.

The spar with my leader was quite fun. I got to draw much blood from the meat. After that, I'd rested and let my bruises heal along with my scare cut. My fur had grown back nicely and left no scars, in which I didn't care much of. I had some scars and it was ok, I guess. I didn't dwell much on my appearance, nor did I dwell on what others thought of me.

Now, what the hell am I doing? Where am I going? Why am I going wherever I'm going? Well, I wanted to fight! I wanted to show my skills to the world! I wanted to become something that is feared. I saw nothing wrong with being feared. It meant you got respect. It was the only way to lead. It wasn't as if I was overly friendly anyways.

-_*_-_*_-_*_-

FE FI FO FUM.
Ogre wants FOOOOD.

Hestia traveled from the Frostbite Steppe to the Aurora Basin to find an opponent half as worthy as herself. She wanted to spread fear in each herd. She wanted to win in each herd. She started here in the colder places. She flew to the borders of Aurora Basin. Once she arrived, she landed hard at the border of Aurora Basin. It was cold and it seems the frigid air was just, colder here.

I lowered my head letting out a deep thick war siren. Who will answer her call?

"Talk Talk Talk"
Summary - 0/4 Attacks - 0/- Magic uses - 0/- Companion Uses
Injuries - None.
Mood - Adventerous and Eager
OOC - You can have the first move. @[Voodoo]

Voodoo Posts: 231
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Eight :: Birdsong HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ouija :: Arctic Fox :: None Nevada
Voodoo
tear me open pour me out,
inside there's things that scream and shout

The snow fell lazily, twirling and spinning through the lightless air. No moon, no stars, nothing to guide us but the unnaturally glowing trees, and even those were only in certain spots. I stood in the darkness with my back right hoof cocked, perched on it's end. The wind howled high in the mountain points, leaving the air motionless down here at our level. I had only been home for a while now, and the cold greetings of the Basin were quite welcoming, no matter how many times I felt the tundra beneath my hooves. Crimson eyes stared ahead at nothing, as I was wandering my mind. Nice to be back, huh boy? I silently agreed; it was very nice to be back actually.

Small flakes gathered on my flat back, tumbling over each other as they built up into a small pile, falling back down to the frozen earth. An unfamiliar scent circulated through the air, following closely by a screeching whinny. Mares I rolled my eyes. Then it hit me, why the fuck was some one all the way over there making all that noise? My limbs reacted, pulling me toward the source of the shrill cry. My swift stride carried me easily through the snow in a slow canter; my black, knotted tail arching as I moved. Red rimmed ears rotated around like satellite dishes, taking in every possible sound.

I moved over the flat plane for what seemed like forever, finding that my eyes were far more adjusted to the darkness than I believed they had been. A tiny body, fully devoured in wings that blended with her dark hide, formed in the distance; the appendages that draped at her sides signified that she was now trespassing. A fire ignited in my belly, licking at every numb emotion that had taken over my bland, tired mind. Ears laid back on my dark neck, hiding under the messy tangled mane that blew over my nape. I slowed down, my pulse rising as I neared the mare. Finally I stopped a few yards away, glaring at the female.

"What the fuck do you want?" The words rolled from my mouth in a raspy, cold voice. The only emotion I had endured within the past two weeks; anger. Irrational anger. I lifted my front right hoof, striking out at the powdery layer of snow. The fluffy flakes drifted through the air, flailing back down to the ground just as quickly. My blood boiled and popped in my veins, assuring my body that I surely was still alive. Crimson eyes glared at the female in slits.

I ignored the babbling in my head, the screaming and swearing and cursing as they pleaded for me to strike at the much smaller mare. This was my home, no matter how little I am ever here; and I am going to protect it. Gnarled, chipped hooves raised from the contrasting powder once more, bringing me closer to the female; hopefully ending my stride at her right side. Red lips pulled back to reveal a yellow stained, wicked grin. Saliva drooped from the roof of my mouth, wrapping around the outside of my jaw and sliding up my face along with the force of air.

I aimed at the rat's throat, hoping to grapple onto her wind pipe and just get it over with. If not, I expected to at least get a nasty mouthful of the meat on her neck. I had been wandering alone with my thoughts for weeks, refusing to return home due to lack of mental energy. I have been growing, from what I can tell, slowly getting bigger; though my thoughts were just as scattered and jumbled as they'll ever be. They had been nice to me though, ever since I had actually started contemplating suicide. That was such a horrifying though to the group that it would cause them to turn into a loving family that wished nothing but the best for me. Now, that I have returned to the cold valley, they have urged me on to get the unfamiliar taste -well, scent.. feel.. the texture- of blood.

Word Count: 691
Summary: Moves into an attack just after rhetorically questioning Hestia's presence; bites at her wind pipe, hoping to quickly injure her.
Moves: 1/4
Companion: NA
Tagged: @[Hestia]
Text here "Chat here." Voices here

i run but it stays right by my side
Table by Frostie
EVERYTHING YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM
IS IN YOUR HEAD
[Image: 5389e9aca8b63]
Please tag him in every post!

Hestia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

HESTIA the fierce
Born of sweetness, turned sour, ventured neutral.

Well, the horse that answered my call wasn't what I really expected. I expected a noble horse the merged into one with the snow. A horse that used it's surroundings in a particular way. I really didn't know this horse, so I couldn't really be sure he was not competition. He was smallish and I figured he was that way since he was a colt. He was still larger than I am, but I didn't mind. I knew I could land a very hard kick across the face if needed. I was rough, gruff, and very much tough.

I wasn't one to easily accept defeat. I had been defeated by Tonka, yet I had taken less injuries. Realistically, I had no idea how horses here fought, and I was the one training here. I knew I wasn't as perfect fighters as the horses here, but I had to beat someone sometime, yes?

This colt that came was grey. A dull grey. His teeth were yellow with wear and tear. My pearls decided not to show themselves in an ear to ear childish grin. I was not a child anymore. I would not be seen nor heard as a child, period. Instead of a ivory silk blaze like other horses had, his was red, blood red. He probably should've grown before picking a fight with me. The mere way he approached made me think he was very young.

Before I answered the rude animal, he attacked. He surged forward into a sort of lunge. He aimed straight for my jugular, which I though was stupid. I was taught not to go straight for the jugular, for it is highly protected, and blocked by my head. It was just a brutally stupid move. I laughed in my head, but I did have to block. In nearly a split second, I raise my head slightly, and I prepare to raise my front legs off the ground. After about half a second he is nearly biting me, but I've already managed to form a beautiful and strong rear. I lifted myself when he was close, so his head may go under my wet cold hooves. The dark night let a biting and frigid wind revive me.

-_*_-_*_-_*_-

Oh, sleepy hollow,
Show me your head,
Show me your weakness.

As the boy's head nears, and the siren thinks his head is under her marble-like hooves. She kicks hard up and then slams her hooves down hoping to slam the top of his small head. She was really hoping to hit his pole and she REALLY wanted to get him dizzy or off balance to attack him while he's dizzy and weak.

"Talk Talk Talk"
Summary - 1/4 Attacks - 0/0 Magic uses - 0/0 Companion Uses
Injuries - None.
Mood - Blood Thirsty and Anxious
OOC - @[Voodoo]

Voodoo Posts: 231
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Eight :: Birdsong HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ouija :: Arctic Fox :: None Nevada
Voodoo
tear me open pour me out,
inside there's things that scream and shout

The fire in my belly raged; the flames licking the sides of my rib cage with angry hisses and howls. Dark eyes examined the fast movements of the rat as she stood on her back leg, bared teeth missing her throat completely. Mauja showed you better! two of them screamed simultaneously, pointing out that the dumb broad did in fact leave her belly completely exposed. Seeing it from this point of view, it was a stupid move. Her bright hooves slashed through the air, nearly knocking into the side of my skull, instead leaving a cold sense of fast moving air next to my cranium.

Flared nostrils drew in and released deep breaths due to the heightened intensity of my anger. Being that I was hopefully just barely beneath her arched body, I pushed my front quarters off of the snowy earth as well, hoping for the red bone that jutted from my forehead to at least graze her leg. If I were lucky and the mare was still flailing through the air, I would make complete contact with the bitch's chest. One of the light colored hooves that belonged to the mare landed sharply on my right rib cage, ripping open a new wound down a length of a couple inches, following one of my ribs. The stinging sensation made me cringe, though it was nothing to worry about too much.

The snow made it some what difficult to lunge forward like I had hoped; the thick layer of permafrost below the powdery snow making it some what slick and hard to grab onto in order to stay in complete control. They screamed in my head, babbling and wailing uncontrollably as I moved under the heat of the small bird's body. What was it that made this Pegasus dumb enough to cross the boarders of our land? If she were to push past me, what did she think she was going to be able to do? The last pair of outsiders that had stumbled upon our land had supposedly been tortured; one killed and one left without a wing. That didn't sound like a very satisfying ending.

Word Count: 358
Summary: Hestia misses knocking Voodoo in the head with one of her hooves mid-rear, leaving Voodoo to push his head up toward her chest/front belly in attempt to cut or spear her. One of Hestia's hooves comes in contact with the Voodoo's right side on his rib cage, leaving a two inch long open wound.
Moves: 2/4
Companion: NA
Tagged: @[Hestia]
Text here "Chat here." Voices here

i run but it stays right by my side
Table by Frostie
EVERYTHING YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM
IS IN YOUR HEAD
[Image: 5389e9aca8b63]
Please tag him in every post!

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
21 days have passed. Hestia defaults to Voodoo.
Voodoo receives 1 VP.