the Rift

[OPEN] !! Death Valley [Amara]

Seele the Necromancer Posts: 210
Deceased atk: 5.5 |
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 hh :: five (ages orangemoon) Buff: NOVICE
Abba
The night had fallen. Trees were just barely able to illuminate the ground with weary amber glows as the wind shook the candle's cradles. The sun was not going to rise again. It would never rise again - or at least I could hope that it would never rise again. I enjoyed the ability to blend in with this inescapable darkness. The way my black pelt merged with the absence of light - the absence of hope. It was a villain's world. It was a place where nightmares could be created. It was where the monsters could grow. Where the monsters could thrive. It was where we studied our path of torture. It was where we wrecked havoc upon the souls who dreamed for the sun to rise again. It was the perfect place and time for this band of misfits to form.

With careful hoof-steps I allowed my glass flints to gracefully float along the land. One path was safe in here and it wasn't necessarily lit by the candle's hanging by a thread attached to these wired trees. By now I had begun to learn my way around here. And, with the cries of the dead ghosts haunting the land I allowed a smirk to curl up the edges of my face. Cat-like eyes peered around the land, mostly adjusted to the veil of black that had graced us with it's presence. I was at home here. There was no doubt about that. Yes. You are definitely at home, mien Puppe. purred Schwere as a laugh left his lips. Plenty of rooms to hide those who shouldn't be dead and blame it on them crossing the wrong path, Unheil chastised, sarcasm dripping off of his maw.

I couldn't help but to let out a loud chuckle, an evil sound. One that would definitely signal for those beginning to venture in to turn around and go back to where they came from. There is no mercy in the night. Either you will eat them or their nightmares will do it for you. Schwere instructed and I laughed again. I wanted the taste of blood. I wanted to feel the sticky life substance against my pelt. I wanted to hear their cries, not just the haunted sound of the wind making it sound as though ghosts were haunting these lands.

And let the nightmares begin...

403 words
@[Amara]
Seele
you better run to survive, before she makes you her latest slaughter
Credits
●☽ ☾●
Glory and Gore go Hand in Hand
That's Why We're Making Headlines
●☽ ☾●

Amara Posts: 136
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sameira :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire dark

AMARA& Sameira
We are the ocean, pushing and pulling others to us

My speech was improving greatly. I'd chat with myself when I was alone, Sameira bouncing around on my back. It was amusing, but I enjoyed it. I just talked to myself, trying to teach myself how to speak properly. If any other horse saw me, they would have thought I was nuts. But in truth, I wasn't. Sort of. Every now and then I heard the faintest whisper of a voice. My mommy's voice. The only reason I knew what she sounded like was because of her screaming and weeping and moaning from my birth day. But whenever I heard her voice, it was only a gentle whisper, a delicate brush against my neck.

I strode through the eerie Marsh, my eyes constantly flickering back and forth, trying to spot moving objects. So far, nothing. But who was I to know? It was too dark to see much. I kept myself dry by staying on the worn path, illuminated by the Light Trees. Despite the trees, I could only see a few stride ahead of me before everything went dark. I strode onward, trying to be as quiet as possible. Sameira whimpered a little, only because she peeked from under the blanket I had slung over my back. I thought I heard something, but I was unsure of it. My eyes steadily shifted, trying to spot something. I heard a branch snap nearby, and I held back a squeal. Mother's faint whispering crawled into my ear, words tickling them. You'll be fine my lassie, just keep going. There's nothing to fear. Her words faded, lasting within my mind for a few more seconds before my own words came from my lips. ”Hello? Is-is anyone there?” I had stopped, constantly shifting my weight as I anxiously waited for a reply from someone, or something.

A blanket of silence fell over me as I waited, and I closed my eyes for a moment, thinking of my mommy. I opened my eyes, and I swear I saw a flash of my mother beside me. But in an instant she vanished, leaving me only with the whining Sameira. She moved farther along my back, her small claws digging into my hair. I forced the whimper of pain back down my throat, not wanting to attract any more attention. I glanced around for another time, my metallic amber eyes trying to catch movement. But there was nothing. Sighing, I relaxed slightly, relieved I wasn't being followed or watched. Or was I?

”Talk talk talk.”

Image Credit

@[Seele]

Abba
I shifted my weight, watching everything. That was when my eyes landed upon a young foal trapezing through the marsh with relative uncertainty. She was scared, but who wouldn't be in these marshes with dead bodies floating up the surface and popping in front of your face so quickly. as if they were crying out for help. They were pleading for a way to live again. And they were definitely something that would scar the little one's brain for life.

Those facts were something that would make me laugh. So, as the foal stepped into the ominous light she asked out to the heavens if anyone was there. Trembling voice, so uncertain. Something I could work with. I could easily form her into someone for our herd of misfits. In fact, she already was one, with the one seeming to be missing a mother. Any mother wouldn't let their child run recklessly through the marsh. All it would take was one slip and she'd fall into the depths. You must help her Innerste instructed and I couldn't help but to smile. That was my plan - even if 'help' was taking on a different meaning. I still wouldn't let a helpless one wander to her death.

"Hello little one." I said, still locked in the shadows. "Someone such as you shouldn't be wandering on their own... One step and you might be dragged under to your death..." I warned, shuffling my feet for a second before allowing my body to fall under the amber lights of the candles swinging on the trees. "I am Seele. Do you not have a home, mein kleine?"

283 words
Seele is so mean. XD Always freaking out the poor kids ROFLMAO
@[Amara]
SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
●☽ ☾●

AMARA

In my shivering, shaking moments of total fear, I was comforted yet again by mommy's voice. She said the same thing, her voice a gentle coo in my ears. I closed my eyes and swallowed hard, daring to take another look behind me. There was nothing, only the trees. A cold wind gently brushed past me, making the trees rattle. I squealed as silently as I could(it wasn't very silent), startled by the shaking trees. Sameira whimpered some more, shifting around on my back. I hushed her, hoping she would understand. She responding with a little whimper before burrowing back into the blanket.

I strode another few steps, my hooves dancing on the loose dirt. I thought I heard something moving, but I tried to ignore it. And then I heard a voice. A voice, one that wasn't in my head, but was actually coming from the shadows. I screamed now, surprised and scared. I looked around to see who had spoken, but there was no one there. Just the stupid trees. Maybe it was the trees that were talking? No... definitely not. I looked around, listening to the mysterious voice. As soon as the word 'death' snagged onto my ears, I squealed and shut my eyes, thinking about mommy. I felt the pull of her rib as I swung my head, sort of shaking my head as though to deny the word.

I dared to peek, and gasped. I saw a pretty horse, she had a seal bay coat, although instead of the traditional chestnut-like accents, they were red. Almost bloody red. This scared me a little, making me shrink away slightly. Her face had white splotches, and red swirls accented them. A horn jutted up from her brow, its crystalline color glimmering in the light. I opened my mouth as she spoke her name, asking what mine was. Being young, I didn't think it was wrong or bad to talk to strangers. No, I hadn't been taught that whole 'stranger danger' stuff. Only because Daddy was gone and Mommy was dead. So, I told the mare my name, only my voice was a little shaky. ”I-I'm... Amara. This is Sameira.” I let the mare, Seele, to see Sameira, although it was only her head that was visible. I wanted to ask her something, but I was a little too scared to do so. I tried to, but fear consumed me. I pushed my way out and finally spoke. ”Do you come from a herd? Or a group?” I looked at her, my head only slightly angled to the side. Sameira yawned and adjusted herself, dosing off. I kept my amber gaze on Seele, curious as to what herd or group she belonged to. Just like I belong to the Pirates. Or, used to anyway.

”Talk talk talk.”

Image Credit

@[Seele]

Abba
The foal was scared. That was a good sign, was it not? That she had a reasonable brain, at least somewhat. Enough to try and pretend that the voices had come from her skull. But, really, they had emerged dripping off of my tongue with such venom one would barely be able to recognize it as my own. I wouldn't. Reke came Unheil's base chords. Oh, why was he still haunting me? His constant bickering was beginning to take a toll on my brain.

Though, she squeals. And I do not like the squealing. The squealing is not very closely connected with the ability to hide oneself. We would have to work on that if I decided to keep her around. And another squeal as soon as the word death escaped my maw. Her eyes had shut tightly and shook her head in an attempt to pretend she had never heard such a word.

When the young one dared to look she gasped at my figure standing before her. And then, she was shrinking back a little. I asked for her name and if she had a home though I only got an answer to one question. "Pleasure to meet you, Amara" I responded before giving a tiny tsk-ing noise. "I see we only answered one question and turned the other one upon me," I said with a tiny laugh, watching as she tilted her head ever so slightly to the side. "I am the leader - one of them - of a group called The Asylum, mein kleine." I started with a smile taking a second to pause before explaining a further, "It's a home for the... misunderstood... I suppose the 'misfits' of this world. Do you have a home, mein kleine? A little one such as you should not wander alone..." What was going on with me? I was beginning to gain a sweeter edge again. The last time I had done this... it had been with Liebling. She needs a mother, Seele... came a voice that I didn't recognize. I stumbled back a step, eyes wider until I figured out the smooth alto chords. Liebling? Liebling had actually spoken? I was awe-struck as I stood there. "You can join my home if you'd so wish, mein kleine." I offered, a bit of sweetness curling my chords.

403 words
... Seele can be sweet - urmagawd (it's the can't harm a defenseless being syndrome that struck with liebling)
@[Amara]
SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
●☽ ☾●

AMARA& Sameira

The pretty mare, Seele, said it was a pleasure to meet me. No one had said that to me before. She was the first one to tell me it was nice to meet me. I smiled an innocent little smile, my eyes brightening ever so slightly. She said I had answered a question and turned the other upon her, and she said it while laughing ever so slightly. She told me she was the leader of a group called the Asylum. It was a group for mistfits, those who didn't belong. Yes, I was young, but I could take a gander and assume misfit meant you were different, and no one wanted you. No one wanted me. Daddy left me and mommy... she was dead. I heard her every once and a while in my head.

Anyway, I looked at the mare as she asked if I had a home. Opening my mouth, I spoke in an innocent, high pitched tone. But inside I felt solemn, I had left my family. Daddy had wandered off and Cosette and Caenan were the only ones left. ”I did lived with the Pirates... but there was only Cosette an' Caenan left. My daddey left with the Cap'n I think and mommy.... she... she...” I couldn't bring myself to say it. I didn't want to admit she was dead. Not yet. I couldn't bring myself to admit her death, to admit I was a motherless child. I swallowed hard, blinking away the tears and looking at the mare. The mare, Seele, suddenly looked shocked, her eyes widening. I looked at her, concerned as to what she was doing or what she was seeing. ”Ma'am? Are you okay?” Just as I finished the mare's sweet, honey coated voice asked me if I wished to join her group, the Asylum. I was being offered a home? A... a home? I looked at the mare, my eyes sparkling. ”I want to! But... where is this 'group' located?” I was happy, excited to have a true home that (hopefully) had horses.

”Talk talk talk.”

[[ sorry this is late D: ]]

Image Credit

@[Seele]

Abba
I watched the girl with some uncertainty as she seemed to completely figure out her surroundings and the words to explain her thoughts. A smile graced her lips as her eyes lit up and I couldn't help but to return it. You can feel, mein kleine. Embrace it. It is not weakness... came the soprano chords of my mother as I shifted my weight just enough to lower my frame so it wasn't as threatening. Oh. But emotion is weakness mein puppe. came the tenor chords of Schwere and I had to shake the thoughts from my skull.

The voice of Liebling definitely shocked me and after the girl had explained what had happened to her home she noticed the shocked expression that had befallen my face. her innocent pitch questioning if I was alright. "I'm fine, mein kleine. Thank you, though." I said before offering her a home. The words itself seemed to light the young one up and her eyes were now sparkling. My smile continued to widen and I gently bumped my maw up against her forehead for a second before pointing it around the area which we were located in. "Why, mein kleine. You have stumbled upon the home. Though, most enjoy the idea of the shadows and playing with becoming other's nightmares. If you'd still like to join us you'd become part of our family and we'd keep you safe. Would you like to meet some of the others?"I offered, yellow eyes softening a little even though I felt as though my heart was being crushed from the idea that I was being weak. I actually had some emotion but I couldn't believe that I could show it.

Turns out I could feel for more than just Liebling...

302 words
@[Amara]
Thread might be done after your post? And then we can start another one with some of the other members for her to meet them?
SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
●☽ ☾●

AMARA& Sameira

The pretty seal bay mare smiled back at me, her lips curling into a friendly grin. When surprise shook her pretty, fem, face, and I asked if she was alright, she said she was, but I remained worried. Why was she so shocked? Had she heard something in her head? Seen something? What was it? I tried to look back subtly, checking if she saw something in the shadows. But there was nothing there, at least not that I could see. Sameira shifted around and startled me a little. I held back a high pitched squeak as I turned back to Seele.

I looked around at the creepy trees as she explained that these marshes were the home of the Asylum group. I looked into the dark, murky water, half expecting something creepy to pop up and attack me. (Oh children can imagine.) I turned away from the dark waters, looking at Seele again. Her voice met my ears, this time asking if I would like to meet the others. Looking at her, I opened my mouth and speak. ”Of course I want to meet the others.” Thinking about having a real family, one that was hopefully bigger than my old one. The Pirates had disbanded, leaving Cosette, Caenan and I.

But now my chance to have a true, safe, welcoming family was here. And I wouldn't let it slide from between my non-existent fingers. It would be nice to have an ever growing family that wasn't distant pieces held together only by the smallest of thread. So here was my opportunity to join a real family. And I had just taken it.

”Talk talk talk.”

Image Credit

@[Seele]