the Rift

The Life Ahead; Antheia, Open

Harmony Posts: 137
Deceased
Filly :: Equine :: 16.4 HH :: 5 § Frostfall
Wild.
Harmony
Harmony flared her nostrils as she pleaded her legs to keep moving. With her face full of concern, she galloped on. Her eyes tried to adjust with the light. The shadowy darkness put her on edge. She was a small, lean little thing. Frightened and hungry, she decided to take a rest. Harmony snorted as the snowflakes fell on her, turning her sorrel pots a light tone, before melting away. She glanced to both sides nervously as she heard movement. She nickered gently. Her hooves inching slowly back, she peered into the darkness. Breathing a huge sigh of relief, she noticed it was just a tree, dancing wistfully with the wind. Harmony snorted and walked on. Placing her hooves gently, and as quietly as she could. Her muscles quivering, her nostrils flaring and her eyes wide, she urged on through the snow. Where shall I stop for the night? The reality hit her, she would have to find a somewhat safe and warm are. But how? She thought. For Harmony has never set hoof here. On top of that, it was pitch black. The eerie blanket of fear covered her, engulfed her. She shivered and glanced about once again. Her hooves have stopped. She stands there, a juvenile. Alone out here in this place, this place she doesn't know. I'll need someone soon. The horrible thought slipped into her fear stricken mind. Harmony wasn't used to asking for help, not even needing it. She had lived her life alone. Fending for herself. Why was she so afraid now? A chill swept over her and brought her back the real world. She watched the air pour out of her muzzle, fast rasping breaths turning into small, cloud like things that confused Harmony. She shook herself and walked on.

As Harmony pressed on, her muscle's screams of disapproval grew louder. Soon, she gave up. She dropped to the ground with a loud thump. What do I do now? The thought rushed into her young mind. She sighed once again and looked down at the ground. she used her nose to nuzzle through about six inches of snow. She snorted as the smell of dead grass flowed into her flaring nostrils. Harmony's eyes widened and she took small nibbles until the emptiness in her stomach slowly turning to a rare, half full feeling.

How am I going to do it? I am used used to depending on me. I don't want to depend on others. But, what will happen if I stick to my stubborn ways? What will I become? How will I live The thoughts whirled. Her eyes squinted shut, then burst open again. She frowned and leaned her head down to rest upon the fluffy, freezing cold snow. The small layer of ice forming upon the top layer of snow crackled loudly as she tried so hard to gently lower her head... But her muscles tensed and she slammed down her head. Feeling the cold sneak into her thick layer of winter fur, she shivered from muzzle, to tail head.

It's time. Harmony had made the decision. She needed help. She needed someone, and she needed someone now.

Someone, anyone, please. I need help, I am weak from a long travel here. Please, I beg you.
She whinnied loudly, hoping to attract attention.
The life ahead can only be glorious if you
learn to live in total harmony with the Lord..
nic1.deviantart.com

Antheia Posts: 129
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hh :: 4
Clo.
I smiled and once again wandered into the Threshold. It was so beautiful at this time of the night, where the moon stood directly above the trees, casting peers of light through the long towering branches. I flared my nostrils , white clouds came rolling out beyond my muzzle. A chuckle ran out through the forest as it emptied my throat. I smirked and began to canter my way through the trees, my mane and tail floating behind me like flags. I smiled and let a small nicker roll out off my tongue and into the woods that surrounded me. The darkness blinded me, but with the snow laying on the ground, I could see perfectly. The dark clouds casted snow flakes across my back and all I could do was laugh. Tonight was the night I danced of happiness. I had found a home, after looking for one after all those years of searching. I bucked into the thin hair, kicking out my hind legs and flying into the sky. I laughed and played like there was no tomorrow. As soon as I hit the cold hard ground, my body slammed into a high rear, reaching for the dark sky. I smirked and took off once again, weaving throughout the trees, like they weren't even there. A small chuckle rang through my throat and I smiled, there was nothing stopping me from having the night of my life. I swiftly ran through the tall trees, my sights around me were blurry, except the ones that stood beyond me in my trails. I smirked and charged on forward, my hooves starting to slip in the snowy mud. I laughed as I slid around in the dark mud. My rump hit the ground before the rest of my body did, then down came the rest of me. When I stood up, my coat was no longer its original color, rather a dark chocolate brown. I laughed at myself and caught my balance before I began walking toward a voice pleading for help.

I came along to a small paint filly that seamed to be lost. "Hello there. Is there anyway I could help you?" I smiled and looked into the filly's blue eyes. She looked healthy and nothing looked to be wrong with her. When she mentioned she was weak, I nodded my dome. "I can offer you a home in the World's Edge if you like little one, but first you must tell me your name sweet girl." I chuckled and nudged her softly. I stepped to the side of her, letting her lean up against me. A smile crossed my face and glanced at the filly for a few moments. "My name is Antheia." I told the colorful equine softful as we began to walk slowly toward the borders of the Threshold, going onward to the Edge. I sure do hope she accepts to come with me. I don't want to have to leave her out her in the freezing weather with her being so weak. I frowned and looked at the ground. A smirk emerged beyond my muzzle before I began to speak again. "The trees grow close together so there is plenty of grass to chew on and lots of nice shelter." I smiled, hoping this would help coax her to my family. It was nice to be able to wander back to find a family that loves you, even if it is a family that you only half know. I smiled at the thought and chuckled. This made me think of Apollo, sweet Apollo, I would have to meet him another day also. I smirked and laughed, shaking the thoughts out of my head. I flickered my harks back and forth, smiling at the painted filly. What would she choose? To come or no?

@[Harmony]
nic1.deviantart.com

Deceased
Wild.
Harmony
Harmony's ears flicked forward as she heard a noise. She quickly got up and glanced around. Her nostrils flared and her eyes wide with fear , she knew that this time it wasn't the trees dancing. This was something that could be potentially dangerous to her. The fear paralyzed her and all she could do was listen, as she let out a small nicker and a little shiver she took a small step forward. She heard the rasp of a laugh from somewhere ahead. Harmony's nostrils twitched as she lifted her head to try catch scent of the other equine, when she did, she could tell that this equine was a mare, and that was potentially no harm to be done. She let out a small sigh, white clouds emerged from her nostrils as she waited for the equine.

When the horse emerged she was taken aback. This horse was too happy, beyond happy. It kind of weird-ed Harmony out. She stood still and waited until the equine came closer.

She stood still listening to the fellow Mare as she talked, nodding her head slightly. When she was finished and they started walking she sighed and looked at the mare. Hello, it is very nice to meet you. I am Harmony. I have come a long way to find a loving and somewhat peaceful home. Harmony held her breath, she felt somewhat nervous to be talking out loud to another equine, it just wasn't her thing.

Harmony's blue eyes rested upon the mare, she envied her happiness and that little skip in her step. Harmony sighed again and looked into the distance, when a snowflake fluttered down and landed on her eyelash, she shook her head.

I am an orphan. My mother gave me away as a newborn foal, and I have been alone ever since I was half a year old. I am seeking care, I am weak and hungry.

There was desperation in Harmony's voice as she spoke to the nice mare. Her blue orbs looked ahead and she though I wonder if she really wants me, or if this is just her job She stopped for a split second, taking a deep breath, This is it. My last moment as a free horse. I will now have to learn new ways. I can't back out now. Harmony walked on and flicked her tail on the mares flank. Would you be willing to take me in?
She looked at her with her kind eyes, a suddle smile dancing across her muzzle. She snorted and frowned again. As they walked Harmony grew more, and more confused. Wondering what she is going to do now, how she is going to carry out the rest of her life, and if this was actually worth it. Harmony walked on, doubt in her eyes.

Harmony would not let it show, though. She blinked quickly and looked away from the mare, glancing to her left side, spotting a tree covered in moss, and scattered with snowflakes. She slowly moved her eyes back to focus on where she was walking. It would be embarrassing to trip in front of Antheia, that would be a horrible first impression.

Make yourself look strong and confident. The thought crossed her mind and she gave a slight nod, bulking up her shoulders, and raising her dome, she walked proudly along with her new friend. She looked at Antheia and spoke, Tell about how you came about here, it would be splendid to know! Harmony smiled and touched Antheia's neck with her muzzle.

Harmony was attempting to be as polite as she could possibly be, as she always told herself, first impressions are most important to who you are going to become among the ranks.
It has always been Harmony's dream to be important. To be wanted and to be an equine that helps, rather than hurts. But can she do this? Can she hide the dark side?

A dark glaze fell across Harmony's eyes. She stopped. Cocking her head she glanced around.

Quickly she caught herself, after a violent shake, she walked on again.
nic1.deviantart.com

Antheia Posts: 129
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hh :: 4
Clo.
I smiled as the filly stood up to walk beside me. The sun would be up by now, but there was no sun to rise. With the Gods gone there was no light to lend a hand. It was just a never ending dark night. I frowned and lifted my dome to look to the sky, no moon nor stars. It was such a sad thing, the land was dead without its sun to guide the flowers to the sky. All around the two figures were, were just dead. No happiness floated around the large terrain of Helovia. The trees were covered in white snow and the ground was too, but it wasn't the nice white snow that you would think of, rather the nasty muddy kind. I frown fell to replace my small smile. My nostrils flared and white smoke rolled out of them. I once again listened to the little paint filly with excitement. "Harmony, such a beautiful name that fits you perfectly!" I smiled and let a soft chuckle run off my tongue. I nudged her closer toward me so that I could share my body heat with the shivering filly.

As she talked on about being an orphan foal, I let a small smile emerge along my face. She was almost like me, traveling alone until she got here, to this beautiful place. I chuckled and nuzzled the filly. "Don't worry hun, you won't be alone forever. There is a place out there for you, just waiting for you and only you. You'll find it, even it takes you a million days, you'll walk across it and know it's the place for you." I smiled and looked ahead. We still had a while to go before we get to the borders, why not share about me a little. "I was a orphan too, my mother died and I never knew my father." I frowned as I thought of my lineage, but before I knew it, I was smiling again, I couldn't let this poor filly think I was a depressed little unicorn mare. I nudged filly with my soft muzzle and looked to the sky. "But I know she, my mother, is still there, watching over me as I talk to you. She's proud of me for coming all this way and meeting you, Harmony. I know it." I smiled and looked to the surface to see where I was walking.

I smirked and listened to her soft voice. "Would you be willing to take me in?" Taking her in would be a lot of responsibility but I think I could do it. I wasn't doing anything really important anyway, only traveling around Helovia to see new places but that was all. Taking in a nice little filly would be the perfect project for me to keep me active anyway. I smiled and nodded to the youngster. "Yes hun, I would love to. Though, I have no milk for you because of my young age and the fact that I'm not pregnant. But the Edge has plenty of grass and I could protect you of anything in harms way." I smiled happily and nuzzled the filly's small painted neck. I will promise my whole life for her. Harmony seemed to be a sweet and bright little character, she must've of known she needed to move on after her mother abandon her and the fact that she could never look back.

I smiled and walked on with my new little filly, still having a while before we met the Threshold border. "Tell about how you came about here, it would be splendid to know!" I chuckled about how happy she was, we made the best couple of the land. I looked into her blue eyes and a bright smile came upon my face. "Of course darling, I wouldn't want to keep it from you." I smiled and nudged her soft coat. I tried to remember all of that I could and it finally rung the bell. I began to speak in a soft voice as I speak about my old life. "I was born on a nice sunny day, there was snow on the ground and when the sun hit, it glittered like there was no tomorrow. But it didn't stay like that for long, later on after a few hours, a large snow storm hit and I lost my whole family. Maybe some of the herd I didn't know about was still alive, but most of them never made it." I took a deep breath and continued on. "I had no idea why I had to be the one that lived but I did. I never thought I would move on after that, but I knew I had to even if I didn't want to. I went through different homes and herds, but never liked any of them. I've came to Helovia, hoping I can stay much longer than I did in the herd lands." I smirked and looked into the filly's eyes.

I pricked my harks as the filly suddenly stopped. She was violently shaking and I was tremendously worried about her. When she caught up, I smiled and nuzzled her. We only had a little bit farther to go before we reached the borders and then we could head on home to the Edge. I smiled and started into a slow trot for Harmony to keep up. "Come on hun, we are almost there, not to much farther ahead of us." I spoke softly to the figure behind me with a small smile. I laughed and through my head into the air, my mane flying everywhere. Soon we met the borders where we would leave the threshold and head on to the home Harmony would desire. Where she would be able to play in the waves of the ocean everyday and have the time of her life. Where she would have others to look up to and to be protected. "Welp darling, this is where we continue on to your new home." I smiled and nuzzled her neck.

@[Harmony]
nic1.deviantart.com

Deceased
Wild.
Harmony
Harmony let a smile dance upon her lips, she looked at the mare. Thank you She rasped, her eyes flickering upon the equines body, coat and mane. Antheia was beautiful. Harmony hoped that one day she could look like Antheia. Harmony let out a sigh and walked on.

Harmony let her new friend nudge her closer. Something flickered deep inside. This is what it feels like to be liked... But, maybe not liked, possibly loved Harmony's hopes soared high above the tallest pines, oaks, and sycamores. The smile that was there before, widened.

Although she could sense some un-nerve about this darkness, she couldn't help the overwhelming feeling of happiness swallow her up. Her hooves felt light rather than heavy. Her heart no longer weighing her down, but propping her up. She felt as if she could gallop over seas, fly with the eagles. Her imagination was bringing her into the future, flying her along on the wings of fiction. Harmony sighed as she saw herself as an equine that was wanted. Her heart skipped a beat.

Harmony leaned into Antheia's nuzzle and listened to her soft kind words. Her ears flicked forward and her face was blanketed with a kind, loving look as she listened. For the first time, Harmony glanced upon Antheia's fine dome, her eyes widened in shock as her orbs lingered upon a single horn. This was no equine. Antheia was a beautiful Unicorn.

Antheia's words where spoken from experience. It was obvious that this Unicorn had been through tough times. Her words settled in Harmony's mind. She fully understood what she was saying, that Harmony will soon find a home. She nodded as Antheia spoke her words, her voice was very pleasant. For a moment, Harmony closed her eyes and just listened. The warmth of Antheia's coat was comforting, her hot breath racing from her nostrils to dance upon Harmony's winter coat. Her eyes flicked open and she looked at the Unicorn again, her ears still forward, she looked into the mare's eyes and smiled wide.

"I was an orphan too" Harmony's eye's widened and she stared at Antheia. Wow, we are so much alike. Harmony shook her head, the wiry hairs of her forelock sneaking their way into her orbs. She snorted. It's good to know that I have someone that I can talk to who understands my situation Her words played in her throat, the young equine's voice was so young, but yet so mature. Harmony nuzzled the Unicorn once more, her nose burying into Antheia's beautiful mane, she chuckled as joy struck her. She removed her muzzle and turned her orbs to rest upon the surface before her.

"I know she is still there" Harmony looked into the sky, mimicking what her friend did. Her smile slowly faded into an frown, and she lowered her dome and her orbs fell upon the ground. I never think of my mother. Is she still alive? Does she think of me? Harmony's eyes darkened as she glanced to her left, away from Antheia, her Unicorn friend.

Harmony sensed a bit of doubt as she asked the question. Antheia was pondering it. When Antheia accepted, she gave a small leap of joy, her heart fluttering again. She smiled wide and nuzzled her friend. Thank you so much... You don't even know how much this means to me Her orbs layed upon the horn again, she chuckled.

Harmony listened on to Antheia's words and her story, nodding as she went on, Harmony was still smiling.

It was time. Her first impression. A few more strides, and she will be living a new life.
nic1.deviantart.com