the Rift

Call me your favorite, call me the worst

Delium Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I've said it so many times, I would change my ways

Frostfall. A rather annoying time, he thinks, all cold and snowy, forcing him to trudge through knee-deep freezing fluff. He supposes that the ice is kinda pretty, when hit by light, but that doesn't make up for the reason of the season. An irritated snort bursts forth, sending a plume of pale vapor into the frigid air. At least all the white makes him stand out. He tosses his mane a bit, knowing the flowing ebony will look like silk, and lifts his hooves higher, prancing for an invisible audience.

Vain? You betcha he is. But if the gods didn't want me to admire myself, they wouldn't have made me so gorgeous, he assures himself, smirking faintly. It's just too bad there aren't any mares around to share his opinion. He might have been able to charm one into telling him if his sister was around. Of course, there weren't many other places she could be, not unless she had somehow managed to cross the ocean that he knows surrounds Helovia. He had to find her soon, there simply wasn't anywhere else for her to run. He would find her, and then...well, he didn't know. But they were family, and that had to count for something, right? So, he'll find her and they'll have the big reunion scene, then perhaps he can follow her home. After that is uncertain, but he doesn't have to plan everything out. First, he has to find Delinne.

"Come out, come out, wherever you are," he mutters, good humor returned now that he has a plan(sort of), and knows she must be in Helovia somewhere. Helovia's a big place, of course, but hey, he's a determined guy. Though, he doubts he'll find much in this forest. Too many scents criss-crossing the place, none of them the same. No, this just seems to be where everyone shows up in the land, forced to roam aimlessly through the trees until they stumble across the way out. Well, might as well join the horde of aimless wanderers. He picks a direction at random and moves into a trot. I'm coming for you, sis.

(OOC: Still figuring him out, posts will improve.)

No, nevermind

Delium

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie
Illynx
The cold of the Basin in this unnatural night had finally driven Illynx to the brink of going mad, the blackness of the world providing multiple worries to her mind but also a much larger degree of struggle for the mountain herd. The grass, which had grown with ease before around the sources of water at the peak, had begun to dry and wither, it's growth ceased by the lack of light to feed it, and the corporal found her stomach rumbling more and more frequently with no food to please it's eager gnawing; she tried to take as little as she required to sustain life and not starve, knowing that there were those within the boundaries of the herd that could not survive in such difficult times with as little as she could scrape by with, mainly the foals, nursing or expectant mothers, and the elderly. Thankfully for her, the thick coat provided by her naturally frigid home hid the ribs that had begun to peek out from her well crafted sinew, providing Illynx with at least enough of an illusion to appear as if all was well in the land of ice and stone, no matter that it most certainly was not.

She had been jesting with Psyche when she had made the comment of starvation as an end to the eternal darkness, but now she saw the error in making light of something so serious. She knew that the trip out of the mountains would use up some of her precious energy, a thing that must be monitored carefully in a time when it was not so easily replenished, but she also was going stir crazy trapped within the drifts of snow. Regardless, she had battled her way out of the accumulating ice and snow around the mouth of the trail and made her way down the winding, treacherous path to arrive here, in the Threshold.

The path was covered in a fine layer of glistening ice, the frail light provided by the moonless sky and the glowing orbs that adorned the trees along the main path giving fire to the otherwise translucent freeze. Her hooves made little noise as she picked her way along the woodland path, the mare choosing silence on this night (or day, she had lost track of which was what some while ago) over her usual proud and fearless strut, the words she had shared with Psyche resonating within her mind where they had not on her last visit here. She came to a halt in the center of the trail as the sound of hooves drawing near met her ears, the stallion coming into view some moments later, and she met his arrival with a quick appraisal; he was well toned and much younger than Illynx, but much to her pleasure, a long and curved black horn jutted from his brow, matching the hue of his pelt, which was marked with a white circle on the shoulder as well as four white limbs and a stripe upon his face. Had they been any other color than white, she may not have been able to make them out in the dimly lit wood, but thankfully for her the contrast between the ebony world and the stark and pristine markings upon the stallion made them easily notable.

"Hello, stranger," she called out, her voice sweet and gracefully poised upon her tongue, golden gaze twinkling with an inner glow as she watched his bouncy progression down the path, "and welcome to Helovia, if you were not here before today."
if I only could make a deal with God.
Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Delium Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I've said it so many times, I would change my ways

He is so lost in thoughts of grandeur that he almost doesn't see the mare, halting only when a stray breeze carries her scent to him. Even then it is hard to pick her out, her dark pelt blending with the night whilst golden patterns mimic the light patches cast by the luminescent trees. At least the brightness of the snow gives contrast, surrounding her with an element that does not hide her form. Though she seems smaller and more slender than he, he still remains wary, watching intently for any signs of hostility. It is doubtful that Treand would bother to send assassins after his exiled son, but not impossible, and her friendly words only further his suspicions. Even if she is not from Dixtrod, he is doubtful that any land would welcome strangers with such open arms.

Well, they might, but open arms tend to hide daggers, and hugs are the perfect way to stab someone in the back.

Still, he keeps cordial, calm. The fae seems at ease, and he can see no tense muscles, no hint that she may be planning to attack. You're being ridiculous, he tells himself sternly, pushing aside his feelings of apprehension. There is no reason for him to be so distrustful, no so far from his once-home. Besides, this mare might know Delinne, might be able to help him finish his mad quest. It won't hurt to simply talk to her for a while, find out if she can be of any use.

Though, with the way he's just been standing here, she probably thinks he's an idiot.

"Thank you for the welcome," he responds a bit belatedly. Better late than never, right? "You don't happen to know the way out of this forest, do you? I'm getting a bit sick of trees." Being born in a dry gorge has indeed spoiled trees for him, the towering pillars and canopy of branches making him feel trapped. Perhaps that is why he is so distrustful tonight, he realizes, casting a brief, baleful glance at a nearby oak. Damn things, daring to make him uncomfortable. Don't they know who he is? Stupid things are probably laughing to themselves, relishing his discomfort.

Hey, just because he's paranoid doesn't mean that the trees aren't sentient.

No, nevermind

Delium

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie
Illynx
Like many in the black forests of Helovia, the ebony stallion took his time to assess the situation, and Illynx did not judge him for any moments hesitation or fear; there were few who moved through life as she did, obliviously ignoring all the danger around them and believing, no matter the truth of the situation, that she could defend herself against whatever devils would come to claim her. And while she had quietly picked her way along the trail, her head full of darkness that had been spun into existence by Psyche's warnings and concerns, she was still not afraid, merely unsettled that there was no way to confirm who it was that approached you until the darkness relinquished their image.

"That would depend on where you want to go," stated Illynx, her head lowering slightly and a hind limb coming to rest leisurely with it's point upon the earth, the mare's eyes growing more and more curious with the white marked stallion as she observed his rather unique defense measures. Perhaps he had been assaulted by pegasi, falling from the sky? Or perhaps he had already witnessed enough of the world to know that one was never safe, no matter where they were. Either way, she could not lead him out of the Threshold if he couldn't tell her where he wanted to wind up, the forest having many exits that would lead them to any of the various lands within Helovia. "I live in Aurora Basin, in the mountains to the north. But there are other herds here, and outcasts who have banded together to survive the wilds. Much as it is in other lands, I'm sure." Her brief exploration of the world from which she had only recently returned had allowed her insight into how regular the functions of Helovia were when compared to other realms that she had ventured into.

"I am Illynx," she said, realizing that she had not told him her name; there may come a time in her life when she did not blurt out her calling to all those she met within the first few minutes of knowing them, but this was not one of those times. Her long, ebonite tail was lifted as she took a few steps nearer to the stranger, not wanting to invoke discomfort but merely to allow her to see his facial expressions better.
if I only could make a deal with God.
Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission.