the Rift

[OPEN] A Pleasant Welcoming; Harmony, Open, Joining

Antheia Posts: 129
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hh :: 4
Clo.
I smiled as I walked to the borders of the World's Edge. The salty wind smelling fresh and pleasant. Harmony had walked all the was to the Edge along side of me. A rather large smirk appeared across my face as I looked down at her. I remembered what Apollo had said to me that day when he had brought me to the Edge and where I had met Kaj. I smiled and went back to reality, still looking down at Harmony. "We are here darling. First things first, its always polite to stand at the borders and not cross onto others' lands." I chuckled and nuzzled the filly's thin neck. The trees inside the borders were covered in snow, not a single green spot in sight, except for under the large ever green trees. The sky was still as dark as night and there was no moon nor stars to guide you through the darkness. Though, I knew exactly where I was going.

I looked beyond be toward my home. I smiled and let out a loud nicker through my throat. It hurt but I didn't mind, Harmony was in need of a home and a nice place to stay. I smiled and looked down at the small filly. "Don't worry my child, some one will show up any minute now." I nudged her fuzzy figure and smiled. She was my life, even if she hadn't been in my own belly. I loved her like she was my own, like she was the last thing I would ever have in my whole entire life. I smiled and hung my dome over her slender body.

As we waited for someone to come to meet us at the borders, I kept the filly warm, sharing my body heat with her. She was beautiful, even if she didn't think she was herself. I smiled and nuzzled her softly, feeling her ribs. "I'll get you back in shape in no time!" I chuckled and smiled at her, my eyes meeting hers. They were both a shade of blue, mine a ice blue and hers a color of the sea. We went rather well together, more than I had first thought. I stood over her warm body, like her was her guardian angel.

@[Harmony]
nic1.deviantart.com

Harmony Posts: 137
Deceased
Filly :: Equine :: 16.4 HH :: 5 § Frostfall
Wild.

Harmony

When the salty smelling wind rushed across Harmony's thick coat, and her new mother, Antheia looked down upon her, Harmony was full of joy. This is what she has been waiting for her whole life. Is this a dream? The thought whirled it about, but she shook her dome. This was real. A smile floated across her lips as she walked alongside the beautiful Unicorn.

When Harmony and Antheia arrived, and Antheia said so, Harmony let out a nervous chuckle. She was anxious to go to her new home, her hooves scraping the snow covered ground every few moments. She looked up at Antheia, and nodded. Being polite was a good first impression, in Harmony's opinion anyway.
As Antheia nuzzled her, she let out a loving nicker, the smile still upon her lips. Harmony's eyes scraped across this unknown landscape, straining to see she picked out snow covered trees and bushes, nodding, she looked back to Antheia.
I can't wait to get there! Harmony whinnied in an excited voice.

As Antheia was calling out to her herdmates, Harmony was passing, she couldn't stand it. It was so exciting to be coming to a new home. When Harmony stopped next to Antheia and the Unicorn hung her head in a loving way, Harmony smiled wide and let out, yet again, a loving nicker.

"We'll get you back in shape!" Harmony chuckled and looked up at Antheia, That's good! I need it! She nuzzled her. This is what Harmony has waited for all this time. She felt as if this was just yet another one her fictional day dreams.

The life ahead can only be glorious if you
learn to live in total harmony with the Lord..

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin

Kahlua still smiled every time the wind blew. The scent of the ocean was refreshing, a pleasant escape from reality in these terrible times. The darkness was stressful to the mare, both physically and mentally. With little food about, all the greenery dying from lack of sunlight, she was starving. The needles of the evergreen trees were lasting the longest, but provided little nutrition. While in her herd land, she felt safe, though. As she walked today, she tried to forget about the imposing darkness and instead focus on happier thoughts. She was assimilating into the herd well and was soon to meet with the Glaziers to be assigned a position as a crafter, or so she hoped. She doubted she would be denied the position, being so charming and all.
What's not to love about me? I mean really, I'm pretty... I'm charming......... well, I at least I'm pretty and charming. I could be gruff and ugly and terribly muscled and scar-ridden. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy there are warriors about to keep me safe and everything, but heaven forbid I should be one of them. I'm not made for such brutality.
In the mean time, the mare had decided to meander the borders. If any intruders came, she would be rather useless as she had no military training at all and her lithe frame was hardly intimidating. But, she thought she may perhaps run into some newcomers as herself. She needed to meet some others in her new family. She had only been introduced to Thor and Duchanar thus-far. And while the former was kindly and would make good company, the latter was too broody for her liking.

Soon, her silent wandering was interrupted by the sounds of two feminine voices. One seemed young- very young- and the mare almost sighed before remembering herself. She had nothing against foals, she just didn't know what to do with them. Hurrying her pace just slightly, Kahlua began to make out to two figures. As she came upon them she was quick to notice the three of them made a striking trio, all wearing painted coats. A smile spread across her face and she nodded her head to the pair. “I am Kahlua, friends. How nice to see happy faces in this terrible darkness.” It never occurred to her she may have been interrupting anything, or that they would have been anything but allies. She was a little self-absorbed and not very smart, but she meant no harm.
.KAHLUA

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Deceased
Clo.
I chuckled at Harmony. Soon I smelt another creature among us and turned my dome to see a painted mare, much like Harmony and I. A smiled crossed my face and nodded to the mare. "Why hello, Kahlua. My name is Antheia, of course a lady from the Edge, and this Harmony whom I have brought to find a home." I nudged Harmony and smiled. I looked to the sky when she talked about the darkness of the never ending blackout. "Yes, but it's rather pleasing since we can all hide much easier from the predators that hunt among us." I smiled as I looked at the painted mare and bobbed my head a little. This was the time that the horses would thrive with beauty and passion of the night. They would rule the lands with power and might, no matter what passed in front of them.

Although, Antheia knew the mare was right. You don't see many friendly faces meandering around in the darkness. I chuckled, I had seen a few around here and there. I wanted to travel this place called Helovia and there was no one stopping me. I was on a journey! I smiled and threw my head into the air, my forelock flipping as I slammed my head up. Harmony could come if she would like. I only wished to know what this world had that I had never seen. I knew the world had great places out there just waiting for me to come and find them.

A chuckle rang out through my voice as I looked back to the two painted figures. I smiled and nuzzled Harmony, the soft fur rubbing against my muzzle as I looked into her blue eyes.
nic1.deviantart.com

@[Harmony] @[Kahlua]

Deceased
Wild.

Harmony

Harmony smiled at her friend when she chuckled. She listened carefully as Antheia introduced them, silently swishing her tail to and fro, she smiled when Antheia finished. Yes, hello Kahlua, nice to meet you Harmony dipped her dome slightly, in a respectful way. A smile danced upon her lips and she cut off the two painted mares' conversations. She was looking forward, focused on her new land, where she would soon live, thrive, and hopefully, be loved. She stamped her hoof in excitement. Shaking her head, she turned back to the older two. Harmony sighed as they chatted, she was clearly bored. The conversation was nothing of her interest. She looked ahead again, pass Kahlua, pass everything, she focused her thoughts on what her new home would be like, she envisioned herself growing to be a great leader, being the wise one that everyone looked up to. Harmony's hoof pawed at the ground. She had her whole life ahead of her, she was ready to go, she was ready to make something of nothing.
When her new mother, Antheia, nudged her, Harmony pushed out a soft, loving nicker. She pressed her soft, white muzzle against Antheia's, smiling and chuckling as she did so.
Harmony couldn't wait to move, she was becoming impatient, stamping her small hooves, and constantly glancing up at her mother. Her look portrayed a pleading "Lets gooo!" Harmony's blue orbs flicked to and fro, to and fro. She wanted to go, she needed to go, now. Harmony heaved a large sigh, drawing her eyes down, she waited.

Rishima Posts: 137
World's Edge Moon Advocate
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Kali :: Common Griffin :: Draining Clutch Charks
[Image: Rishheader.jpg]
I wander through the endless night, and Kali cannot help but note the drag of my feet, the exhaustion in my limbs. Often I am absent from the life of my herd, but this time is different and we both know it. Kali walks beside me, purring concernedly as I pause to catch my breath more than I should, the cold air stinging my lungs in a way I should have found pleasant once. Invigorating. Now it only burned dryly at the back of my throat.

Is this what having a foal does to you? Because if so, I have no idea how some mares manage to shove out so many.

Voices, says Kali, and I pause to hear them, dark ears straining in the lighted mist. The sounds are faint, as hesitant as I feel. Kali peers up at me with wide blue eyes; she wants to go see them, I know, even though she won't say it. All this isolation goes against her nature, her yearning for the friendliness and happiness of others. I sigh. As much as I detest the idea of peering into the business of more strangers, my little gryphon deserves a reward for looking after Tandavi, who mercifully is off trailing after her cousin.

"Alright, let's go see what they want."

I am rewarded with a joyous chirp and Kali is gone, taken off into the dark sky, a white meteor with a feline tail. I smile at her departing form, glad despite myself to have made her so happy, and set off in pursuit. Through our bond the hybrid leads me; ivory above and gold below, we traverse heaven and earth to find the mortals therein. It is not long before we reach the border, breaking through trees to find this little gathering of mares and filly. Oh, moonshine, I curse silently, and feel Kali's guilty conscience through our bond. Little brat. She descends neatly onto my flank and begins grooming innocently, but I know how excited she still is. The things I do for you.

Forward steps on golden legs; I tilt my head marginally to the strangers, taking in the familiarity of the mares' scents and the foreignness of the child. She is older than my Tandavi, a pretty, if plain thing, lacking my daughter's refined lines and striking coloration. Onyx eyes take her in, drifting from paint to paint in quiet appraisal before letting deep vocals roll into the air. "Hello," I murmur - and then what? Oh, I am rusty. "Good to see others of the Edge. Why do you linger at the border so?" Maybe not the most tactful of greetings, but I am curious to know. They do not strike me as a patrol party, this group of little doves, although who's to say these days. On my back Kali shifts, moving forward to peer over my head at the strangers, mouth stretched open in an attempt at an avian grin. I don't have the heart to tell her that she looks terrifying.

[Image: Rishifooter.jpg]

Antheia. As was her habit, she repeated the name to herself a few times. She wasn't very smart, so she tried to make sure she could at least remember the name of the horses she came across. Harmony. Kahlua was slightly surprised to find that Antheia had brought this filly home instead of having birthed her. She didn't know why, but she had just assumed a foal would die on its own in the wild. Perhaps this little Harmony had more to her than met the eye. As the mare spoke of the predators in the darkness, Kahlua couldn't help but shudder. It reminded her of Onni's warning of the monsters in the darkness. “True,” she murmured quietly. She wanted to be kind to her herd mate, but the distant fear that spread through her veins prevented her from agreeing further with the mare.

The mare's chuckle quickly calmed Kahlua, though, and she responded in kind with a bright laugh. She didn't know why she was laughing, exactly, other than she was happy with her life for now. Looking then to the filly, Kahlua noticed her smile. At the young one's nod, Kahlua responded in like. The pawing of the filly made Kahlua smirk kindly. She knew the feeling of impatience. She was ready to make a name for herself in this herd and this land, only time was keeping her back.
One day, little one, I'll be great. I'm going to do something special in this herd, make a name for myself that no one will be able to ignore. I'm going to be loved, known and powerful. Someday, my little one, some day. But maybe someday you'll know that feeling too. But just make sure you don't get in my way. Nothing against you but... I've got look out for myself first.
Kahlua was suddenly surprised by the appearance of a mare so black that she was one with the shadows. On her rump set a strikingly contrasting creature of which Kahlua had never seen. For a moment Kahlua's muscles tensed, but then she noticed the mare tilt her head. The action, small though it was, gave her peace of mind. The creature was strange, but if this black mare trusted it then so could Kahlua. Hello, the mare's awkwardness was lost on Kahlua, who was a little busy imaging her ascent to power. Ignoring the question the black mare asked, for it was not hers to answer, Kahlua responded otherwise. “I'm Kahlua... your friend is.... amazing.” The words were heart-felt. Rude or not, she couldn't help but looking over the white creature thoroughly. Despite it's strange smile, Kahlua found the small one surprisingly beautiful.
.KAHLUA

Deceased
Clo.

A N T H E I A
beauty is what is on the inside, not the outside

A smiled crossed my face and then short after the moon and stars reappeared in the dark sky. A pointed my muzzle high and let a nicker roll off my tongue. "Well, ain't that a blessing." I nodded to the two that stood around my warm body. The moon shined down around us like a ring, giving off light for us to see. I looked up, glancing around at the moon and stars, such a beautiful sight. My eyes went from the starry sky to the dark mare that walked away from the forest trees. She was magnificent, so beautiful in so many ways. I dipped my head, looking at the creature that rested on her back. My harks perked and my pearls scanned over the creature's frame, taking in the form of a rather small dragon.

My lips curved upward, forming a delightful smile. "Hello ma'am. I'm Antheia, one of the many that call World's Edge their home." I dipped my dome toward her once again. For her stunning looks, she must be Mirage, the one Apollo had talked about leading this beautiful place, but I had no idea, she had not spoken of a name yet. "I've brought my wonderful new daughter to see if she could live with me in this wondrous place." My eyes were still locked on the mare when my maw slowly moved over to Harmony's neck, nudging her softly.

I chuckled at Harmony as she tapped her small hooves against the ground impatiently and looked up at me. She was going to be a hand full to deal with but I think I could deal with it, after all, it would be something fun to do. "Be patient my darling, we will inside in no time." I laughed and nuzzled her, looking back to the dark mare, waiting for a response to spill.

"Talk."
tag; @[Harmony], @[Kahlua], @[Rishima]
word count; 312
ooc; Sorry that took so long. ._.

Deceased
Wild.

Harmony

A smile crept upon Harmony's face as the moon rose, shedding an eerie light upon her new home. With her dome raised, she urged her orbs to scrape the sky. The sudden light gave her a surge of hope that one day, everything will be normal again, and her hooves will be set along a path that leads to sucess, greatness. As she shook herself out of this state of mind, she turned to her mother. Antheia's words reached her small ears, with them perked she smiled. Her mothers' words where always so warm, so comforting to Harmony. Harmony nodded and spoke, Yes, why yes it is! Her voice was joyous. She hoped she didn't look like a fool when she couldn't resist a small hop of happiness.
Antheia was looking at something, Harmony followed her gaze. There was a shadow lurking amoung them, another from the World's Edge, Harmony assumed. She smiled at her mother. Harmony absolutely loved meeting new horses, of any kind, she didn't mind. Even though she may come across shy, Harmony throughly enjoyed it. As her orbs scanned across the newcomer, she took a step back, noticing the thing on her back. Harmony flinched when it showed it's teeth. Taking a few small, awkward, steps towards her mother she whispered What in the moon's name is that? Her voice shook with fear. Harmony had never encountered anything much like this. Everyone else seemed to remain calm, but have they noticed the thing yet? She shuffled her feet and kept her orbs glued to the ground, with her nostrils flaring, she pressed her painted body against Anthiea's.
my wonderful new daughter
The words sent shivers of delight through Harmony's body, and a smile danced upon her lips. She felt so loved when she was around Antheia. Nudging her mother back, she stopped pawing and let out a loving nicker.

@[Kahlua], @[Antheia], @[Rishima]

Rishima Posts: 137
World's Edge Moon Advocate
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Kali :: Common Griffin :: Draining Clutch Charks
[Image: Rishheader.jpg]
Kali takes the compliment with her usual delight; I, with my usual chagrin. The brat preens happily, purring and pretending she did not hear the words. She shifts, taking pains to show off her gold-tipped tail and razor talons. As familiar as she is with the world at this point, she still fails to understand just how perturbed equines can be at the sight of a half-predator half-other-predator snowy white show-off like her, and the painted mare is not making things easier. I force a smile onto my face, dark eyes only slightly dimmed by discomfort. "Her name is Kali; you've already made her quite fond of you."

Babes with babies; the mare seems so young to be calling this one her child, yet I have seen younger and far less enthused. New, comments Kali, distracted from her beauty routine. But old? She sounds confused and I can understand why, even if the situation here seems all too familiar for me. They must not be blood, just... bound by love, I suppose. Kali mulls the idea over as I turn back to the infantile pair. The 'mother' rests easy, proclaiming herself a denizen (another I do not know. Wonderful.) yet it is the filly who catches my eye, suddenly fleeing to cower behind the mare's legs, eyes fearful and caught onto my back. And this is why you don't show off. It takes Kali a second to follow my attention to the child, and as she does I feel her confusion. That an equine should fear her is beyond her comprehension; she trills concernedly at the small creature, arching her neck around my withers to better gaze at the child.

I sigh. Thank goodness Tandavi is not such a skittish thing.

"Hey, little one- what's your name?" I glance at the mare as I approach, careful not to overstep her comfort. Kali continues to trill, talons gripping painfully into my haunches. "My name is Rishima... my sister is Mirage, a mighty Dragon Queen of this land. This is Kali, my magical friend. We would love to welcome you here, to your new home... it's filled with many creatures like Kali, but don't worry, they all just want to be your friends. What do you say?" My voice is a low hum, melodic alto attempting to soothe the child in my own awkward way. It's rare for me to care this much what another thinks of my little brat, but children... after having my own, I suppose I see them differently. Innocent things still untainted by the world's darkness, perhaps it is important to keep them pure.

I straighten up, suddenly remembering the presence of the two mares. Well, fuck it, let them think what they like; I'm the authority figure here, after all. Head pulls up, neck arching elegantly in some semblance of poise; I know I strike an imposing figure when I want to, and I know that I'm only doing it to hide my own discomfort, but who cares. "Though I know you are already residents, allow me to extend a belated welcome. Should you need anything, I am... around. Rishima the advisor. Sister of Mirage." Awkward head bob. Can I go yet?

[ ooc || Sorry for the wait! ]

[Image: Rishifooter.jpg]

Deceased
Clo.
[I'm just going to count this thread done if that is okay with y'all? And Charks, I would love for Antheia and Rishima to meet up again soon. x3]

OOC| I already had my post mostly done by the time I saw your note, Clo, so just posting it anyway :)

There was something about the elder black mare that rubbed Kahlua the wrong way. She was not outwardly rude, she was not intimidating in any particular way, but she was strange in a way that made Kahlua uncomfortable. Unfortunately for the painted mare, deciphering her feelings or the actions of any others was somewhat beyond her capabilities. Turning then to the other young mare, Kahlua noted Antheia's attendance to her little one once again. It was something Kahlua would never understand but that she could respect. So self-absorbed, she would rather spend the time thinking about herself than having to care for the life of some other creature. It was probably better that way. Kahlua could hardly manage her own life- let alone that of some dependant.

Watching the filly back-peddle suddenly gave Kahlua a start and she lifted her head and ears to attention. Scanning the horizon and finding nothing new she looked once more to the filly and noted the direction of her gaze. It was settled on the white creature that Kahlua had found so interesting. It surprised her that the young one would find it so frightening, but then Kahlua was not one to judge. The mere shadows had her fleeing to-and-fro these days. Thanks to dear Onni, a generous fear of the darkness was deep seated in her bones.

Kali. Kahlua watched the thing preen and, despite not having any bond with it, she could relate. Cleanliness was next to godliness in her eyes. The scene that followed between the elder mare and the filly could not have interested Kahlua less. So instead of devoting too much attention to the meeting she contented herself to nose at the snow on the ground and try to find some sort of grass underneath. It was unlikely, of course, but she had nothing better to do. After all, the filly's business was the filly's business, she had just stumbled her way on to the scene accidentally.

When the elder finally finished speaking to the filly and addressed the two mares, Kahlua returned her attention. Her mind had been wandering into places she had not wanted it to go anyway. It was nice to have this distraction to help her forget them completely. “Thank you Rishima,” she smiled kindly. Nevertheless, she still had a feeling of unease about this mare. Still, if she was sister of Mirage then Kahlua would be stupid to try and be on anything but her good side. Nodding her head deeply in return, Kahlua looked back to the mare and filly. “I'll see you around, then?” A laugh fell from her lips, as she was so wont to do, before she let herself trot off into the darkness. Her attentions were so fleeting- long meetings were really not for her.
.KAHLUA