the Rift

[OPEN] Dazed, Lost. [open]

Nym Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

"Hello?"

My voice had deepened, strengthened, and formed. I could pronounce words more easily than I use to be able to, but the entire dictionary was not in my head. I definitely didn't know a lot of words, but that was the good part. I didn't really have too. I bet my Father didn't know all the words, but he made up for that with his personality. See, Father, he's a good horse. I believe I am lucky to have Torasin as my Father. I know I can always go to him with concerns, problems, or anything, really.

Unknowingly, Torasin was dead, yet Nym had no idea of that.

I slithered next to this giant lake. The top was glazed over with a thin sheet of ice. The floor had powdery white flakes covering all, or most, of the floor. Glancing forward, I see a group of trees nestled close and tight. Behind them is a large nearly baren forest. This group of trees has a hollow center making a sort of grove cave, or something. Interested, I leave the side of the lake and trot towards the tree cave. My tail fibers whipping my hocks while flowing gently along with my body. My tail was marginally shorter than most horses' tails were, but it'd grow out.

Slowing to a steady halt infront of the cave, I look at it. I smell no scents of others around and guess it to be empty. I step into the cave and I can smell it. Many horses have come here. Looking to the slightly snowy ground it seems pairs are coming mostly. Was I in the place where.... Um, that's kinda gross in a way. What allures horses to come here? The land was beaten down, nearly dead, even.

Yet, it intrigued me vigorously.

[Image: nymtable.png]
darya97.deviantart.com | Coloured by: Tay<3

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
Look down, the ground below is crumbling
Look up, the stars are all exploding

Straying further and further from truth and lament, Africa found herself drifting through subliminal numbness; lost in the wilderness, between those familiar worlds which caused so much conflict in her decaying mind. The dark misery straining her soft face was masked well, if only by the drowning night, which fell down as a swarthy cloak of protection across her mottled shoulders. More than half blinded while there was no light shed by the sun, she felt wraithlike, invisible; presuming that because she did not stray too close to the glowing trees which marked the well-etched passages throughout Helovia, she could not be seen, touched. Simplicity ever tanned her grief-stricken soul.

Silas wheeled through the bitterly cold, biting wind as it swirled in bleak updrafts through the cloud-drenched darkness. He knew, that even if moonlight had been present to wash the eerie arc of sky with its milky hue, little relief would be offered to the wilting earth beneath. Storm clouds gathered en masse, secretly uniting elemental forces that would undoubtedly shed further terror across the confused, stray souls beneath. The young midnight Zephyr tucked his wings to dip lower through the sky, well below the slow, soft rumblings which vibrated above. His sharp eyes tracked their path vigilantly, ever mindful that his bonded cared little for her direction or her safety. He was her guardian in a sense, longing for her broken heart to find some solace, to leak contentment and quiet through into his own.

Frostfall’s callous fingers seemed to loosen their hold suddenly, and instinctively Africa’s black-rimmed ears danced forward to listen, to examine the unfamiliar terrain ahead of them. She knew with dim interest that they were nearing the coast; the air was tinged subtly with a salty taste, and there was cool moisture suspended around them. Humidity perhaps, without the warmth though; a contrast to the thin, dry and frosty air, which had encompassed much of the inland stretch of their aimless journey.

A voice echoed through the grave silence stirring Africa’s churning thoughts into a wild scramble, "Hello?" Silas swooped down instantly to hover by the nervously twitching shoulder of the dappled mare, and while her nose did not turn to greet his arrival- it rarely did, the warmth and relief that spread through her heart as a result, filled him too. Across muffled wing-beats he alighted across the point of her withers, a sharp, piercing chirp peeling through the dark to indicate to the owner of that young voice, that he was not alone.

With reckless indifference, and little concern for her wellbeing or the presence of the stranger, Africa slipped forward again through the crisp, ice-sheathed grass along her invisible trail to self-obliteration.

credits

Unregistered

I cease any and all motion. My squeal does not go unanswered. The little whinny that answers is a mare by the name of Africa. She resides in the Dragon's Throat, yet I do not know this yet. All, I know is that my company is female. Her answer is much more feminine than my first call. Twisting my head back and forth to see, yet I see nothing but trees.

Slowly, I step outside of the tightly packed trees. "Who is here? I am Nym." I nicker slightly after my smooth words. I wanted to let the mare know I was nice and sweet. Maybe I could get another friend today! Who knows, maybe she'll take me under her wings and aid me in learning to fight... Or even socialize. Despite how happy I was inside, my face is blank. There is no true emotion showing. Why is it so hard for me to smile, giggle, laugh? Was father like this, or am I worse with emotions than him? Speaking of Father, I'd go visit him now. I felt it was a good time to see him now.

Focusing back on what was happening now. I stretched my muzzle out and took a big gulp of air into my lungs, inflating them. Whatever was here smelt clean, as if she'd been thoroughly washed. Sadly, I also smelt blood. Trotting out of the tree cave I tried locating the horse from the noise she'd made. I went left, and I went right. I looked like an idiot that was going nowhere really fast. "Where are you?" Maybe I wouldn't be getting a friend today. That, would be sad.

After all, I was still just a child.

Deceased

Perhaps the distraction would be that turning point after months of despair. Maybe it was just to be another fleeting moment in time, grasping the beaten creature’s dithering awareness for only a split second; cutting free her thought-pattern from the shackles of melancholy, and spiralling light through the grim, dark caverns of her mind- only before relapse again drew its heavy curtains across her world. Hot salty tears brewed beneath the hopeless droop of long black lashes, and while for now she did not cry, dry channels through the caked grime drifted down across her cheeks- evidence that many had already been shed.

Zephyr and Pegasus saw the blur of his movement ahead, both in the same instant, though darkness did conceal the stranger well. Africa’s expression remained mostly unmoved by the immediate presence of company, yet her bonded’s brow arced as his keen eyes narrowed in on the figure who now hesitated in front of the patch of tightly clumped trees. A low, guarded murmur resonated deep within his chest before the young voice pierced the looming silence once again. "Who is here? I am Nym."

Nym...? Africa’s long ears stiffened, and her skull lifted a little as the name echoed like clarion bells through her rotting mind. It was not familiar, and a brisk apprehensive sigh puffed through her flaccid, fluttering nostrils.

There was no cruel hunger snaking through the colt’s tone; no callousness, nor scorn. Nothing to provoke the growing suspicion in her heart, though tension did still stir far down inside her; it seemed inevitable while old dry blood was still caked into the oily matt of her hair. Frostfall thus far had been dry, and Africa had not thought to cleanse her body of the Basin’s bitter tarnish. Still, Smoke’s healing; the fusing of broken bones and ruptured muscles had purified her in some magical sense, and the putrid stench which should have clouded around her was absent.

Silas, still stationed upon the grey mare, fluffed his dress of sleek black and nestled down closer to her trembling hide.

The muffled thud of travelling hooves followed the smoothness of the colt’s waning voice, and the shadowy form of him smeared ahead, across the path Africa had been following- and then back again to the other side. "Where are you?" He called, and the subtle disappointment filling his question struck a frayed chord in her gentle heart. Deliberately, though without speaking, the mare cocked a hind leg and grazed the worn trail beneath with the sharp rim of her inclined hoof. A small parcel of gravel scattered, and the sound should have been loud enough to lure the younger horse’s search towards her direction.

credits

Unregistered
[quote='Nym' pid='57593' dateline='1373422114']

Sighing, I just plainly stand. If this mare didn't want to be found, she wouldn't.

"I don't understand why you don't just walk out from the shadows?" Snorting and tossing my head, I make my point clear. Who didn't want friends? Was she scared, maybe? Maybe she is just shy and think I'm all big and strong and that I'll hurt her. I chuckled aloud a little at that thought. I was definitely seeing my form fill out more each day. I no more cowered and tripped on my own feet. I was getting used to my body, which was quite surprising, really.

I hear a slight stone or pebble like noise behind me. Turning my head towards the sound I give a low bugle. Why was she hiding. Nodding my head softly, I attempt to coax her out. I had already bickered and everything. I don't think I was capable of too many more noises, sounds, or even vibrations with my vocals.

Maybe this mare was just here for a show, yes?

Tossing my head once more, my front hooves leave the ground and form a rear. My thick curly mane flowing easily behind my neck. I snorted a few times before easily and quietly landing. After my little show, I cocked an ear hoping to hear a response. Please let their be a response, a voice, a something.

I didn't go towards the woods, nor pebble. The scent of this mare was their, along with what I thought was blood. I nickered again. My tones were welcoming and friendly. Had I already messed things up with this mare like the grullo in the Foothills? Wide eyed, I glared at the spot where stones had been kicked. Intently, staring. I stretched my muzzle outwards, as if I could touch the spot. I couldn't, for I was too far away, but I felt like I could.

"I'm going to go to you, but the one rule is that you can't move, 'kay?"

Moving swiftly, I walk towards the pebbles at a smooth walk. Flicking my tail, my eyes light with excitement. I let another bugle letting the mare know I was on my way, maybe if save the day? Would I be surprised at what I may find? What if she beautimous? WHAT IF SHE'S EVIILLL AND HIDEOUS?

My life, is over now.

OOC :: OVERDRAMATIC NYM FTE!<3[/color]

Deceased

The colt turned towards her indiscreet prompt.

The one-winged mare shifted, spreading her weight evenly across each of her long, lean legs once again. Her bonded swayed skilfully while she moved below the delicate grasp of his powerful talons, holding his balance with the aid of slightly ajar wings, and his hawk-like violet gaze remained tuned to the stranger loitering up ahead. A preoccupied sigh filled the cool air about her face with a mushrooming cloud of hot breath, and she nodded her reeling head indecisively; unable to muster the courage the young colt seemed so desperate for her to find. Africa was torn between the bitter terrors of her past, and aching fear and mistrust, both paving the path into a bleak future. While she dithered, her dirty mottled coat flinched and prickled, taught across her slender frame.

His low call slipped through the corridor of trees once again, flooding her listening ears, challenging her to shed the cloak of suppression and concealment beneath which she found meek solace. Bothered, she flicked her tail harshly, the long wiry skirt lashing at her bony, pointed hocks. Before them, the stranger’s dim outline seemed to grow; appeared to extend upwards, and Africa’s eyes danced suddenly forward to assess that which she had been essentially and consciously ignoring.

Silas answered the colt’s silent bid for attention with a strident, solitary chirp- though aloof; he could see the stranger’s innocent plea, and to some small degree, pitied the futileness of his appeal. The mare watched with silent regard, unwilling to meet the colt’s advance.

At last he called again, and both bird and Pegasus could sense the pang of frustrated confusion lacing the note of his juvenile voice. "I'm going to go to you, but the one rule is that you can't move, 'kay?" Through another drawn out sigh, the young mare obliged, lowering the bulge of her brow to rub against the hard white ridge of leg, falling below her knee. She could hear the careless clatter of his untrained step, as he swept forward across rime and dying grass, and also the bright pitch of his bugling statement. Silas felt her squirm; knew her discomfort as it spread like disease between them.

He came upon her quickly, enthusiastically she thought through silent resentment, remembering the days not so long ago when she bumbled around in much the same way, blissful and obnoxious; starry-eyed and playing with any who fell across her recklessly ambitious path. She made little attempt to mask the strain of sorrow as it pooled through her expression- it was blindingly dark, and Africa had not the energy or willpower to fight away her demons.

"Where is your mother..." Came the unavoidably dry, detached reaction. Her throat was dry, her voice raspy having not quite recovered from the fraught desperation of her cursed time in the Basin. Perhaps she sounded to the colt like a haggard, stubborn old mule whose life had been drawn out beyond its worth. She cared little however, and peered at him through the narrowed slit of one honey eye, her heavy skull craned awkwardly to one side. Unfortunately, Africa was unable to breach the fog of pessimism choking all that remained of the character she once was.

credits

Unregistered

A few steps and I am clumsily turning the corner to see my friend. Sadly, when I do turn the corner, I don't see what I expected. Her bird sqwaks at me. Silently, I say my prayers for the mare. She is of Pegasus, which is obvious, but she misses a wing. I stop in my tracks. This mare is detached and nearly in tears. I could only offer a shoulder in case she needed to cry, and I could only give a warm friend that it seemed she needed. Poor little mare, maybe I could help her? Softly, my lips wave into a teethy smile. My forelock draping and successfully covering my left eye. My hair was curly, and wild. My sweet blue eyes peer at the darling. She was so innocent looking that I wanted to jump next to her, muzzle and comfort her, yet I couldn't do that. I had been taught in my absence a mare may get the wrong idea. I really didn't feel like getting kicked after finding her.

I felt a deep jolt in my heart. This mare could really make emotions come out. However, unlike the Sun God who was rightfully banished from his realm in the sky, she seemed to be sweet. However deep down, I longed for my mother. Abel had been stronger than I had been. He'd tried to keep me strong, and I thought I was, but it was a hard outer shell, a wall I put up between me and my true emotions. I missed my mother dearly. I missed feeling her warm body against my frail frame. I missed her hair washing over me when she walked next to me.

I miss her.

I cannot change what happened. After Brooke had forgotten Abel, Father, and Me, I knew we lost her. She wanted to know where the horses who she'd been with before where at. I admired her courage, though she put it in dumb things like secretly despising Mirage, the brave leader of the Edge. I believe nothing was truly meant to happen. I miss her. I miss her. I miss her.

"My Mother is dead, m'lady. I am quite afraid my father has forgotten me." I let my head drop subtly. I also fear my father has gone up and left helovia. Too bad I didn't know he was dead, nor that he'd had twins. I also missed his brown dragon, kiba. Where was everyone and why was my family falling apart? Where was Abel, Torasin, Kiba, Mirage, where?

OOC :: Had to admit I got a little teary eyes writing this and reading your post. [/color]

[/quote]

Deceased

The biting cold gnawed voraciously at the raw pimpled skin wrapping the wing, which remained tucked against the bars of her ribcage. Short work had been made of the glorious patchwork grey plumage when the boiling of ruthless stress had reached its devastating climax. Mouthful after mouthful of luxurious feathers she had ripped below the austere shadow of the northern ranges; a habit forged during early childhood, interweaving the hyper-sensitive strings of a fragile heart; an involuntary urge, cruel mutilation. Minute scabs speckled the fleshy pink to mend the punctured skin, but wounds that were not so superficial bled antipathy through her heart and plaguing guilt through her mind.

The colt... Nym‘s blue gaze was penetrating, regardless of the warmth and empathy flowing from their midst. Africa refused their caring embrace with reticent inflexibility, turning a shoulder in defence.

Beady eyes assessed their young company quietly and patiently. Silas quickly established that the younger horse’s manner was clean and tender- if not submersed almost entirely in immature innocence. His ridged, cold beak could not shape his retiring approval into anything greater then a low gravelly purr. Before Nym, a child had never crossed his path; and certainly, though only months old himself, the midnight Zephyr did not consider himself as such. There was an amateur softness to the colt's small, supple build, one which was significantly less bulky than the matured frame of his bonded- and he thought pensively that such stature posed very little threat, even while Africa was weak and worn.

"My Mother is dead, m'lady. I am quite afraid my father has forgotten me." Nym revealed and shed his liveliness in an instant. The dip of his still-small face caught Africa off-guard and her frigid gaze stiffened towards him. She pursued her dry lips as she seized the opportunity in which he was not watching her, to study the colt; to allow his wistful words to sink like a knife through the thrum of her desperate soul.

Her own mother was still very much alive; she had no reason to presume the opposite, so in that respect, Africa could not relate. That word though, dead, the pain and suffering which accompanied its tart, sour note still reeled savagely through her fractured mind. The illusory scent of fresh death flooded her nostrils, and her face pinched with revulsion. The sound of her herd-sister’s final gasp invaded the restless twitch of her ears, premature and frightened; and the gruesome, confronting image of her ice-white body slumping helplessly into a lifeless heap on the cold, unforgiving earth, flashed through suddenly clenched eyes.

"Helovia is a vast land..." Africa whispered simply through the inaudible grind of her tightening teeth. Of course she meant that the chance of two beings meeting in the middle was slim, no matter how determined their quest. Begrudgingly her mind added, if you cannot fly. The shift of her bonded atop her withers split her thoughts, and for a quick second Africa felt sorry for the boy. "I can offer you nothing but company while you search." The dappled mare sighed wistfully into the billowy breeze, turning her sad eyes away.

credits

Unregistered

Dropping my head a little more, my muzzle hitting the fluffy white snow. I snorted and white flakes fly around us. The trees were nearly baren, yet some evergreen trees manage to bare through the cold. A frigid blast if air showering me and this mystery lady infront of me. What was her name? Where is she from? Why is she here? Why is she missing a wing?

"Nevermind about me, m'lady. I'd like to know who you are. Do you have a name?" reaching my muzzle up and out towards her I wait for her to either turn away, or maybe accept the offer and bump my nose. It was a gesture she didn't have to take, but it was open if she wanted it.

Slowly, I retreat my muzzle and step closer to the fae. "Why are you sad? Be enlightened. If you have hit rock bottom, then you may only climb higher. Look at the darker side of life and you will only be sad, m'lady." I didn't want to force anything onto her, but I felt she should take the advice I thought was intelligent. Nodding my head softly I let the girl know I was serious.

I wasn't sure if she thought I was goodly and to be flung off like a little child, but I wasn't. I liked this mare, surprisingly. She was sweet, vague, but sweet. She spoke few words to me, but they laced around my ears and devoured my thoughts. "I can offer you nothing but company while you search." Well, that was odd. She suggested to accompany, but to let me do the searching. What would I even search for?

I don't really understand that too much.

[/color]

Deceased

The grove in which the mare and her Zephyr friend stood beside the company of the young, eager colt, offered mild relief from the amplified chill of the world outside- the feral combination of Frostfall and sunless days strung along together. Occasionally the rasping croak of a frog broke through the thin, quiet air suspended around them, perhaps the only place left where such cold-blooded creatures were braving the brutality of the coldest season. Clean white snowflakes were carried upon playfully whispering wind gusts, whirling down through almost entirely naked canopies of tightly clustered trees; falling to settle in a flimsy, powdery film across the moist bare loam. The snow thawed as it settled across Africa’s back, soaking quickly into her too-thin coat so that she shivered wildly.

"Nevermind about me, m'lady. I'd like to know who you are. Do you have a name?" A swift, glance was shot towards him and her eyes were narrowed, hidden slits of pale gold beneath long, thick lashes. They concealed her aversion to his probing, though the uncomfortable shift of her weight betrayed her feelings instead. "I am no one. She replied at once with a terse tone, unable to align her blasphemous name with the family who had trusted her. Guilt fingered about the cracked recesses of her mind, scratching away her confidence and self-worth. And before the fresh swell of burning tears could seep from her eyes, Africa lifted her face to gaze mindlessly at the starless sky; her world, her stolen birthright.

Silas cawed quietly where he sat, her pain pressing into the pulse of his small heart.

The colt had reached forward with his nose, a humble gesture that was perhaps as curious as it was caring. Never had her personality been so prickly though, so cold and abrasive as it was now. She ignored his motion, her face remaining high and far from the reach of his soft muzzle. It was not that she was upset by him, not frightened or aggravated; Africa was simply lost in a void of darkness- far blacker even than the perpetual night around them. Self loathing and denial chewed tirelessly at her body, mind and spirit, and right now she was a ghost of her former glory. It was difficult for her to view the world around her with clarity and principle because she had been betrayed and beaten, both in the cruellest of ways.

Nym stepped closer and the bird’s neck stretched to grant his eyes rite of passage around the mare’s throat; he was her guardian, her grace and the very lifeblood.

"Why are you sad? Be enlightened. If you have hit rock bottom, then you may only climb higher. Look at the darker side of life and you will only be sad, m'lady." She laughed silently, but not scornfully. The colt was so innocent and sweet. In some ways she resented his purity and wished herself, that that late Orangemoon night had never robbed her of the youthful liberty. A sob caught in her throat and she gulped to prevent the spew of unstable emotion. "You are young...” She breathed into the cold night air, not altogether dismissing his wish to help. "It would be selfish of me to laden you with the acrimony of my blackened heart.”
Africa felt so foolish. She felt despair.

credits

Unregistered

It seemed the grey speckled mare wanted to sink into obscurity. She wanted to be hidden from this world's naked and hidden eye. All that gave her energy and strength vanished leaving the near worthless carcass standing idly, like a zombie. She only mutters a sentence at a time, and she seems to be in a slump. Was I not beaten down when my mom died?

"My life has been very bad. I was born in this land, unlike you probably weren't. I was raised by the noble Torasin and Brooke. I have a brother named Abel. Torasin, or Father, lives in World Edge, and Brooke use to. My life has been very negative and sad from the start. Often, I was left crestfallen. My mother had forgotten me and my brother Abel, leaving us. She thought we were random kids. She had no recollection. I think she started withering away, from the inside out. After that, she had an untimely death. My father, Torasin, I believe will not remember how I acted, looked, anything. It has been basically a year since I've seen my family. Abel I think is missing. Yet, I know there are people that have it worse. You can always choose to feel sorry for yourself, but it's not going to make things better. You're 'blackened' heart is most likely sweet and warm, like warm maple syrup from large maple trees. You should not be sad, for you will only drain energy from those around you."

I think that's how it went.

All I knew is that this mare needed to stop sobbing and get a grip. Her lost wings could easily be replaced by a fake charmed one. How cool, charmed wings. That could be quite interesting. She could protect herself with armor. She could have Ny magic entities. Helovia is indeed a vast land, and it should not be shattered by sadness or revenge.

OOC - The speech x.x

Sakura Posts: 41
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 16hh :: Two Years (at time of death) Buff: NOVICE
Emily

The speech I heard was startling. I always knew Takara and I were not the first kids Daddy had. I had been wandering, which isn't really safe in times like these. I was surprised that Alanna had not followed me, but then again she was probably watching over Takara or Azale.... Maybe both. Maybe she could tell I needed to be alone. I would never know. Either way, here I was in yet another land... But this time I can't see how beautiful it might be here... Maybe one day...

The voices of the two draw me in close. The one, the male had spoken my Daddy's name.... Could he be? Well I was about to find out. My light green eyes turn first to the mare who had just spoken. She smelled of the Throat, and the Basin too for that matter. Both were very faint. Maybe she hadn't been home in a while? Or maybe the Basin held her captive awhile. I didn't know nor did it matter. "Just because we are young does not mean we have not known heartbreak." With tears starting to form in my eyes, I then turn to the young colt. He was older than me, but not by a whole lot.

I breathed deep, collecting my thoughts and words. Why, why did I have to be the one to tell him... Why did I have to tell him about Daddy.. "I don't know your name.... But if you are a son of Torasin... You deserve to know..." My voice shook horribly. I had to do this... I had to. "I am your half sister... And Daddy.. Daddy is dead... Murdered." I was glad for the dark, as the crystal clear tears flowed down my cheeks. Now he knew, it was all done.

Sakura
my heart is ever at your service
background pattern by webstreatsetc.deviantart.com

Deceased

While Africa respected the colt’s uninformed, somewhat narrow-minded perspective on her trauma and the deep-set root of her suffering, frustration began to flutter as nausea through the empty shell of her stomach. It was not that she thought his personal experiences to be of little importance; quite the opposite in fact, and it was a long suffering glare, hidden beneath long lashes and oily grey locks, that examined the genuine sincerity in his tactlessly matte-of-fact manner. Perhaps grace and discretion was formed later, she resolved sighing softly. Still her face hung low, dangling like dead-weight at the end of a flimsy branch. She had not the energy to argue with him. His spirited self-assurance easily undermined her crumbling confidence, and she nodded wistfully without agreeing; retiring the effort it took to care for and shield his right to some form of childhood innocence. Whether he misunderstood or did not appreciate- his reaction did not appeal to the flake of consideration which had managed to surface through her gloom.

Though Silas could not hope to understand the exchange of sound between his friend and the colt, he was bothered by the tone, the shift of Africa’s mood as she withdrew still further into herself. He voiced his concern brightly, a guttural caw which snapped the attention of the grey mare’s ears backwards.

It was about then, that another fell into the conversation- though not at all delicately like the snowflakes still dusting their backs. "Just because we are young does not mean we have not known heartbreak." She blurted with little thought or tenderness. It seemed to be an emotional tirade, and one which Africa dismissed quickly amid simmering aggravation. She had not left the pressure of her homeland, just to slip between the arrogant judgements of two alien children who felt like death defined a whole world of knowledge and understanding. An angry, bitter growl resonated through the filthy base of her throat; though not for one second did she appease the filly’s outburst with any form of gratifying attention. She never saw the flood of tears consuming the stranger’s face- nor did she return the cruel twist of words with care or concern. In one foul swoop had the young creature untied the fragile string of trust which wavered precariously between Africa and the colt, and defensively she shrank from the insensitive child whose tongue sprayed ineloquent poison. "I don't know your name.... But if you are a son of Torasin... You deserve to know..." The stranger blubbered, continuing; barely stringing the sentence together. The darkness wrapped snugly around Africa’s miserable corpse, as she began to slink away through the dense wood in silent disregard; there was no reason to linger.

Perhaps one day they would not be so fast to dismiss the pain; the vulnerability of another. Maybe that time was already upon them.

credits

Unregistered
[quote='Nym' pid='57724' dateline='1373556355']

Africa grew silent, and then I hear a voice like glazed honey, with a pinch of salt ravish over my ears. My lips curl into a smile as I see the little girl. She is younger than I, but seems mature, I can tell by how she speaks.

"I am your half sister... And Daddy.. Daddy is dead... Murdered."

I felt it.

Bubbling behind my cornea, a wall of waters was about to poor out. Slowly, the tears thickened in my eyes until they were heavy enough to fly down my soft cheeks and muzzle. My head was low, and I wanted to die. This world was much to dirty and poor for me. I wondered, would I die just as my family? Would I too parish away at a rapidly young age?

It stings like bullets, what she says.

Is my father truly dead? Maybe it was a different Torasin, yes? "I hope you are mistaken." My tears run no more and I am officially in a poor state. I stagger back a step, before getting light headed. My vision clears and everything goes black.

I remember that time when Torasin was taking with his family, his perfect family. Brooke his first and true mate was there with his beloved sons, Nym and Abel. I remember Abel and I trying to protect my Mom from the drunken fairy who enjoyed her 'niiiiceee assssss!' I also remember cuddling up with family.

I loved my family...
They were still here they had to be.

My eyes flicker open and my ears pin sharply back against my skull. I give a low pitched bugle mixed with a cry to her, but its angry and very powerful. Then I rear up and my vision flicks to the grey mare, I attack. I lunge at her, watching not to get tangled. I didn't land on the floor incorrectly. My hooves landed hard, and I took off to edge. Let revenge rule the lands, for I have reason to fight will everything I got.

Deceased
Emily

His voice made me hate the news I had to give him. "I hope you are mistaken." "I wish I was" I start to reach out, to try and comfort this brother of mine I have never met. He looks a lot like the one who now has Daddy's amulet... But not quite. Could that be his twin?

Before I could touch him I noticed he stepped back. I hesitated which turned out to be my best move of this endless night. As the grey mare seemed to leave, he suddenly lunged at her. Instinct tells me to run away from him, but he is family. No, I instead feel the urge to protect this strange mare. She seems by her voice of gone through to much lately. Who was I to let my brother cause more pain. I leaped forward, grateful for the bulkier body than my sister. I leaped to block the blow that was surely going to come for the mare. I may be younger than he was, but I was to going to allow anymore pain to come.

We are family. All of us. Aaron, Takara, Azale, my two brothers that I had yet to learn their names. We are the only family each of us have left. "NO!" I scream but it does not feel as if it came from my mouth. Revenge was not the way, specially when this mare was innocent to the pain my family knew. She was not the one who took away my Momma and Daddy. She would not pay for it.

Sakura

Deceased

A blood curdling scream pierced the heavy darkness as foreboding silence settled through the grove. Silas, whose binocular-gaze had not parted from the painted siblings for a second, watched as the colt launched after Africa’s retreating silhouette. The ornate feathers lining his crest lifted at once, and so too did the sleek black lacework cloaking his small hawk-like frame flare, with the sudden igniting of his cool temper. The colt’s intent was transparent; with ears pinned tightly against the vivid swirl of his creamy mane, and wild, blue eyes fixed upon murky dapples, the shrewd Zephyr had perceived the event even before Nym’s breast was thrust forward.

Africa’s hindquarters scooted forward with a start. It was the first time she had ever witnessed the bird’s ear-splitting alarm, and that coupled with the unexpected burst of emotion through his thumping heart, dragged the young mare clear out of her wretched stupor. She swung left swiftly, the pale-pink, plucked wing to her right streaking outwards to balance the hasty manoeuvre. Nym came quickly at her through a pitch black gust of biting air, and fuelled by anger? Resentment...? The grey couldn’t tell. His mean lunge was unwarranted though.

As small hooves whirled towards their bemused target, another body slipped forward- also unexpectedly, and in defence of Africa. The flaxen maned filly was there, her pale two-toned hue blurring through night’s shadow. "NO!" She had screamed, the very essence of her voice swapping emotional pride for something more becoming, brave; though equally as astonished perhaps as the grey. The word’s pitch rose above them into the cold thin air where it combined with another furious shriek from the midnight Zephyr. He wheeled below the sparse canopy of the thicket, having been rocked clean from Africa’s withers, and aimed a vicious swoop towards the colt’s rump- a warning, definitive and fierce.

credits

[ooc: @[Destrier] is going to post next Bailey ;)]

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo
Destrier

I had never ventured to the Secret Grove of Helovia before, but that is where I unknowingly found myself today.

Although the sun was absent, the plentiful trees that made up the central forests provided ample light to assure that I wasn't in complete darkness. As I walked, I couldn't help but admire the beauty of the now oddly hued flora, glowing ever so softly in a medley of color as they lit the way. The land had been prisoner to the eternal darkness for weeks now, and while it had been admittedly frightening at first, I was beginning to appreciate the this new way of seeing the world I called home.

Suli, however, had yet to grow accustomed to this dark world. She had been so full of spirit before the Sun had failed to rise, zipping through the air and slowly growing more and more comfortable around those of her own kin and those of the Qian. A shy thing, she was, and it seemed that this darkness had encased her back in her old shell, reducing her to a weight tangled in the thick of my mane. If I was honest with myself, I couldn't blame her in the slightest; for I too, as a young colt, would have had my knees knocking together in terror at this strange new world.

'NO!'

The sudden cry caused me to stop midstep, ears snapping to attention as I strained to place the whereabouts of the voice. That single word, wrapped in so much emotion had almost instantly pulled a name to my head. I hadn't the pleasure to know the young girl terribly well, but I recalled it from several herd meetings and the time I followed her to the deepest parts of the forest, where I had ultimately gained my most trusted friend, Suli, who also seemed to stiffen in her spot and zone in on the location of the call. An image of the young, pale filly flashed in my mind, and instantly I was driven to act. Propelling myself forward, I launched into a gallop, determined to get to my young friend before harm could reach her. I could never forgive myself if I failed to reach her in time.

As I drew closer, the light of the trees revealed that Sakura was not alone. In her company was a grey Pegasus whom kicked out just as I rounded a thick of trees. Her target was not that of Sakura, thank the Gods(even if they were absent), but the third of their party; a painted colt who, judging by his still lanky, leggy features, couldn't be too much older than Sakura. Though reluctant to leave me, Suli took to the air as I closed in on the group, my ears lacing back and bister eyes narrowed on the form of the paint. I did not heed in my pace as I carried myself ever closer, however, for I aimed to shove my chest into the colt's barrel and send him off balance if I could, before he could bring any harm on the other two. Young as he was, I didn't wish to harm him irreparably, only stop his attack.

If he stopped, whether before I made a hit or after, then there would be no fight. I could only hope that he would be wise enough to realize his grave mistake.

"Talk."

Credits

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Unregistered

I hear my sister scream, and I stop still. I stare at her for a moment. A sliver of white showing in my eyes. But, before I could say or react, other than getting back on all four feet, I was catapulted sideways into a dark tree. My left flank taking the damage hard. My eyes turn to the figure, and its moreof a silhouette at this point. I slowly sink into the ground. My knees buckle under me with the slightest of ease. My legs frozen on the snowy flakes. I was in a very awkward position, might I add.

My body wet and cold from the snow, I start shaking tremendously. I sunk into the snow about half a foot, so the snow definitely makes me colder. My head slowly lowers into the ground. Maybe I'd stay here for a while. Would they really hurt a near two year old further? Slouching on the ground, with my head stretched out and layed out on the snow, my orbs glance up at the black stallion. He is big and I am sure of that. My flank is sore, and it is cut. The tree I so gracefully was flung into had a sharp branch that managed to get two inches or so into me.

I had no idea how to block horse's attacks yet. Playing with other foals was in good fun, but this was much different. I'd been slammed by a full grown stallion. I was still very much growing, and I had weaker bones and I was obviously less muscled. I was in a slight shock, and everything seemed frozen, all but my crazy shivering.

"I am very weak, and small.

OOC :: I love being over dramatic. So here, basically he can get up but he doesn't want to. :D

Deceased
Emily

(sorry about the wait yall, family life zapped my muse. and this is utter crap and im sorry. just didnt want to hold it up anymore)

Everything seemed to happen so fast. They grey mare seemed to kick out, but i'm not sure what way as another sprang into the scene. The black form of Destrier and the green form of his dragon companion Suli appeared in this endless night. He shoved straight into my half brother as I stood between him and the grey mare. But the moment my brother spoke I moved to his side, laying next to him. He was much like Aaron, I decided. He angered when he was upset, instead of getting quiet like I did.

I did not care what the other two said or did. He was still my brother, and I would love him none the less. I nuzzled his neck as he spoke, trying to sooth my brother without my magic. Oh how I wished I had my magic. None of this would of ever happened. Light green eyes move to the WingLeader, wondering if he was going to yell at me for leaving the herd on my own. I whisper softly. "He's my brother, Dad-daddy's son." I tried to explain his actions. The shock of finding out your Daddy was dead.... and you have a sister.... It was all my fault. I look back to the colt who was not much older than I. "Come home with us. You still have family.... Even if Daddy.... isn't there. You have another sister, and our half siblings." The darkness covered my tears as my gaze turned back to Destrier waiting for the WingLeader to speak.

"talk"

Sakura

Deceased

So many different things seemed to fill the seconds flashing by those wide, confused honey-hued eyes; blurring, flurrying movement. Africa’s emotions were raw, burning with remorse and self loathing already long before this new chain of angry, unexpected events. For a second, as she shrank into a filthy, shadowy silence, she wondered why this torment and discord was pursuing her- her, the overly ambitious child at heart who shied away from the violence of the world. A bitter tremble prickled the length of her spine, and Silas’s frustration echoed through her ears, piercing the superficial silence which was quickly filling the defensive, invisible shell around her.

The Zephyr cried out his irritation and it spread through the grove like a pluming disease, sending the quietly watching creatures of the night sprawling away through their dark, comfortable world. He watched as another horse swept upon the group, his domineering, fully-formed presence concentrated towards the colt that had lunged with the initial attack. From him, a creature ascended not far from where he now hovered above the chaos, much similar to the small blue scaled being that had comforted him while Africa slept beneath the mists of the Edge. A hearty, caw- cordial and respectful, erupted aside a new flood of voices a below, as Silas’s shining violet gaze examined the dragon.

The colt was down, and Africa’s heart lurched much the same way it had on only her second day in Helovia. She had witnessed the beating of the very Unicorn that had robbed her of her birthright to fly- and even now, though she hated that ghoul to her very core, the sick young mare’s breath was forced viciously from her lungs. Again, the passionate filly leapt to the young painted yearling’s defence, spilling a lavish plea; wishing him to fold back into the homeland which she apparently shared with the hulking mass of black stallion.

"Come to me..." The hushed tone of her quivering voice called suddenly, even before she willed it to life. Her eyes, though filled with melancholy and trauma sought the colt from the tangle of dark figures and confusion, while she lingered close by to them. "Nym, may we distract each other from the bruises of our mind." She opened her one wing as though to beckon him into safety, although fierce as a protector she would never be.

credits