the Rift

the time of angels

Mercy Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The first thing she noticed was the heat; it hit her like a wrecking ball as she stepped across the borders and into Helovia. Her black pelt seemed to attract it, and a thin sheen of sweat broke out across her flanks as she slowed her brisk pace to a more comfortable meandering walk. Curiosity burned in her frozen gaze as she examined her surroundings, drinking in every contour of these strange new lands. Her mother had never warned her of the smothering heat - it was near unbearable, and the young mare found herself seeking solace beneath the cool fronds of the trees.

Flies pestered her, buzzing around her head and ears. My mother spoke of beauty and sanctuary, not of incessant heat and irritating flies. But then again, this was not the world her mother had known - it might as well have been a different planet. She slapped her sides with her tail in an attempt to rid herself of the flies, half-tempted to turn and head back home to the cool embrace of her birth-herd and her family. But she knew, in a stark moment of realisation, that she had outgrown her old life - she couldn't go back. Lowering her head, she sniffed disdainfully at the grass. "alien," she muttered to herself. Everything was alien - perhaps this had been a mistake. Again her resolve shook and her heart tried to haul her back to where she'd come, but she hardened herself and took another step forwards. And then another.

She remained in the shade of the trees, eventually halting in the coolest spot she could find. Mercy released a low sigh and glanced around, wondering if any would approach her - if not, it would at least give her a good excuse to turn tail and head back to familiarity.

Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
( Mauja to the rescue... )

Heat. Heat heat heat heat... blasted Sun. God damnit, how he hated it! Sweat covered his otherwise snow-white hide with a filthy, grimy blanket, darkening him to gray. Dust, rising from the dry ground when heavy hooves came down on it, clung to his coat like flies on a corpse, and the swish of his tail was just like a stinging whip across his flanks, not even moving the air enough to fan it in the slightest against him. In other words, it sucked. Majorly. He was getting very tired of it, but something stubborn kept him grounded, kept him from permanently migrating someplace north where the winter winds howled and bit.

And in such a manner, and with such a less-than-perfect mood, he found a tall, drafty hornless mare.

She had the lost look of those who were new, and the shadow across her eyes which said am I meant to be here?. For all he cared, she wasn't. But still, he'd roamed the forest for hours and not found a whiff of unicorn, so why not have something to show for his troubles of coming here and sweating? Confidently, Mauja strode up towards her. In height, he topped her; in bulk, he didn't. She was larger, clearly of a less regal bloodline, with thickly built legs and much more feathering than he had. Her forehead was frustratingly clean of protrusions, but he guessed he owed Indy a favor for being intelligent. "Welcome to Helovia. Do you seek a herd?" He wasn't about to stand around and have an idle chat with an equine; just get to the point, send her on her way, and then go home and roll into the ocean, or.. something.
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Mercy Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Sorry for the wait D:

She allowed her weight to shift, lifting her right foreleg to rest it whilst her head lowered and her eyes flickered shut, a deep sigh falling from her jaws. But then a voice came from out of her darkness and her eyes snapped open to fall upon the body of a unicorn - a unicorn who was bigger than her. This was most unusual - most unicorns she had known in her old home had been dainty, petite creatures, focused more on agility and speed than brute strength. But, she reminded herself, this wasn't her old home.

"yes," she said, reaffirming her weight onto all four hooves and giving the horned stallion a sidelong glance. "I'm mercy, and as you can probably tell, I'm new here." She managed a small, weak smile, her eyes flickering between his own ones and his horn.

Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
The sturdy mare seemed a bit.. well, surprised? It was nothing that obvious, though, just the way she swung around to regard him, shifting her weight. Mauja raised a 'brow quizzically, unsure of whether he'd done something to throw her off balance or if she was simply like this all the time. She called herself Mercy, and inwardly, the King swore. He'd been hoping to just play it off and send her on her way, and tell her to tell Indy of his appearance, but it'd be horribly rude of him not to drop his name now. A thoughtful smile played upon his features, something warm in his gaze as he met her blue eyes. They seemed to roam upwards from time to time, and with amusement in his eyes he craned his head down, offering her a better look at his frost-covered horn. "Welcome Mercy, I am Mauja. There is a herd just to the north of here, a sparse forest nestled against the mountain's base. A friend of mine, Indy, leads it. I'm sure they'll take you in, and if you go there, give him my regards, will you?" he said with another of his soft little smiles, tilting his head slightly to the side as he peered at her. "Is there anything you wonder, or shall you go on your merry way to Indy, and a new life?" It was not unkindly that he asked it, but with curiosity. Of course, he could think of a lot of things he'd rather be doing than chat with a hornless mare all day, but he had an appearance to keep up.
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here