the Rift

[Asylum] A Tattered Note

Agrona Posts: 115
Hidden Falls Tiro atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Seven HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable

Weary travels set close to no toll on my fit, pristine body. The muscles rippled beneath dark, thin fur, yet stayed curved and rounded in such a feminine way. I was born into a good life in my mind's eye; provided with every thing I needed at its' minimum, raised as a warrior in nearly every sense. My sire had raised me more than my dam had really. The only connection I ever had with the mare was during my weak, gangly stage that forced me to suckle from her teats in order to live. I suppose if she had not been in the picture at all I could have nursed from another female, but that was not the case.

The stallion who I looked up to was the most brutal killer -the leader, in fact- of the clan of blood thirsty animals I made my life with. Any soft hearted, fuzzy headed clown that dared come around our vulgar, destructive family had been either driven away or killed. I tended to believe that it was the best thing to do, to kill them. Some of the things the fools had come across had been stomach turning enough for even my twisted mind to consider disgusting. Mares stolen from out cast herd were often raped, forced to raise the young of the abusive brutes that I had befriended during childhood.

My father, thinking strictly for the security and well being of the herd, figured that two warriors breeding together would make a well oiled killing machine; therefore I was impregnated at a very young age by an older stallion of the herd. I had hoped for the seed to not pass through my body to actually create a living being, but my prayers were ignored, and I soon began to swell and become out of shape. I had not kept track of the life inside of me due to being so concerned with the warriors' whereabouts and conditions constantly, but I knew it was far too early. The beast emerged from my body still pink and disgusting, the sight nearly making my body quiver in agony. Though I had been taught to not present very much emotion toward family, the previously dead body crept through my thoughts daily, hourly.. constantly.

Time passed slowly, I was becoming numb to the mental pain that seemed to linger. I told myself that I was sick, not that my body was not strong enough to nurture another being. I quickly leapt back into the bloody game of war; the craving of blood, sweat and sheer pain was too outstanding to stay away from for long. My sire kicked me back into shape as quickly as he possibly could, threats of all kinds driving my desire to become better. My body was once more a weapon.

My pulse beat slowly, the rate staying at a steady thud thud, thud thud. Rounded, dark hooves touched down on the cold ground in a pattern that nearly matched my heart beat. Darkness cloaked this new land; on my ventures I could see the sky being eaten away in the distance. It seemed that I had closed my eyes for a split second and opened them to an eternity of black. This place reeked of hundreds of bodies, allowing me to believe that this must have been a heavily trafficked area. My eyes were playing tricks on me, creating monsters out of the simplest forms around me. Trees turned to spider like creatures that lurked over head, threatening to scrape their long fingers along my spine. Small bushes that dotted the ground seemed to giggle and hop up, following me with baby steps when I wasn't paying attention.

I moved along in silence, harks casually rotating around in search of any sounds. I noted the unnatural colored vegetation that seemed to be leading me along to some unknown location. Vibrant pinks, greens, blues and other odd colors grew in the form of trees, their leaves matching the strange colors. The amazing train of white that grew from the end of my spine cascaded around my back legs and onto the ground to gather debris as I moved, dragging leaves and sticks along with me.

My mind was wandering back home, leaving my body in this dark abyss of loneliness. What was my family doing? My father, he was surely wondering about me as well. We may have not been best friends, but I know that I was important to him. Other wise he would not have coached me through life. My heart warmed at the thought of their gentle faces.. toward other family any how. My chest then began to ache as I realized that I would surely not see them again... that I was now all by myself. But I had been raised to not become attached to any one. Emotional attachment always resulted in pain some how, no matter what the situation ended up being. There was no happily ever after in real life; only the foolish could believe that.

I halted just before the ominous glow of a blue tree, the color reflected gently off of my dark hide. Purple eyes stared at the strange tree in awe, curiosity certainly taking the best of me as I let my mind attempt to piece together what would make this tree radiate such a gorgeous color. Surely it was nothing natural, I knew better than that.

"Speak." Walk walk
AgronA
All systems go, sun hasn't died
Deep in my bones, straight from inside

image credits
table by whit

Eris_ Posts: 97
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 4 Buff: NOVICE
Frostie
ERIS
Just give me a reason,
Just a little bit's enough,
Just a second we're not broken, just bent.
The world was dark, the sun had not risen for days. Her world was constantly dark anyway, the missing sun did not concern her. Her footsteps where gentle, each step was a gentle caress on the ground. In this world of darkness she was in her element. Calm and quiet, the light raven found herself considering her family. The group of crazies that was slowly growing. But she would need to provide that family with a home! To do that they would need more members. What better place to look for these members other than in the Threhold of Helovia. She herself had entered the land this way. Following the trail of glowing plants, The leader of a dark family searched for a missing soul on this endless night.

She was in a pleasant enough mood, normally she was mad, blood thirsty and hell bent on revenge. But since she had become apart of a family she had learnt what life was truly about. Would this kind of mood last forever? No probably not. However for now she was going to make the best of it, and the lucky winner was the single soul that stood a few meters in front of her.

She cleared her throat to announce her presence to the figure in front of her. The mare was of the unicorn race, she supported a dark coat with bright white hair. She was momentarily stopped by a glowing mushroom. Eris walked forward slowly, her small yet killer body was nimble and quiet. "Hello, my name is Eris." She offered a half hearted smile for the mare. Then continued. "Welcome to Helovia, I present myself to you on this fine night representing my family." Her tones where as soft as silk, light, open and friendly. "We are the...abnormal minded in this land, would you like to learn more about us?" The offer was too the point. If the mare did not wish to know more Eris would have no more use for her. If she was interested, the game was on to recruit her before someone else did.

Adoptable

The plant was completely still, making me wonder if it was yet another trick. But, if it were a trick, why was there so many of them? I cocked my head to the left, reaching out to sniff the illuminated branch. It smelled of pine, just as many of the other trees did that dotted the nameless property. Another scent swirled through the motionless air, another mare was here now, closer than I had been aware of. Harks turned back, listening behind me as the faceless figure approached before me. The darkness seemed to evaporate away from the body as it came nearer and nearer.

The figure clear her throat, her face appearing momentarily afterword. She was golden, her throat dashed with barely visible lines due to the darkness, but I also noticed a few dark spots around her ear and on her shoulder. She introduced herself as Eris, continuing to welcome me to -what she called- Helovia; the name Eris suited her lithe body pretty well. Helovia? I repeated the name in my head a few times, letting it stitch itself into the wrinkles in order to remember it. "Agrona." I huffed simply, my purple gaze taking in as much of the new face as possible in the little amount of light.

The golden hued mare continued to tell me that her family was "abnormal minded," making me let out a scoff-like laugh. Maybe I would be at home here, if I were to find the right place. She offered more information, causing a smile to curl my lips upward in a cracked smile. "Please, pretty girl, do inform me." I lifted my head into the air, my white forelock falling over my left eye, cloaking the several white dots that rimmed the socket.

I watched the fellow female with suspicion, not that she gave me anything to actually be suspicious about, but there was always enough tension in my mind to make me think that way.

"Speak." Walk walk
AgronA

image credits
table by whit

Deceased
Frostie
ERIS
Just give me a reason,
As the mare in front of her lets out a scoff-like laugh, Eris is momentarily taken aback. She had not said anything funny, why was this bizzare mare laughing? Maybe she really would fit well into the family. The use of the words 'pretty girl' does not upset the lighter coloured mare. On the contrary she lets out a dry laugh and her cold eyes settle on the mare the stands before her. "Oh ho!" She exclaims moving closer, the dry smile still resting on her lips. "Very cleaver bitch, I can tell I'm going to like you." She was not being sarcastic, in fact she was being honest. She liked those with no humour and a bad attitude. It reminded Eris of herself. With ill disguised confidence Eris moves closer, her blue eyes study the taller mare with interest. "We do not currently have a herd land, but plans are in motion and we hope to soon acquire one." Best to get the downfalls about the group out of the way. "We are still a new group, but we have a lot of interest and the number of our members is growing quickly."

She paused and wonderer if she really did want this mare in her group. Perhaps if she was so similar to Eris he would try and take leadership...the mare held down a chuckle. She may be small and young but Eris could easily fend for herself. She had been born a fighter, the little murderous doe had drawn more blood than she cared to recount. Blue eyes that missed nothing noticed that the other mare seemed to be...suspicious of her. Oh, now she would use this to her advantage. "We only accept those with issues, the ones who are viewed as outcasts in the community." All her life, because of her causal appreciation for death, she was pushed aside. She had never been accepted by anyone in her life before. This group had changed that, her and Seele had brought together the exiles and made a family.

It was a beautiful and insane thing.
You had to be crazy to appreciate it.

"All though some of our healers are quite sane. We do accept those who are normal if they wish to heal." She looked at the mare wondering how crazy this one was. The best way to get others to open up was to tell them about yourself. Something Eris hated doing. So she probably wasn't going to this mare jack all. A coy smile now played on her lips, She moved closer and inspected the mare's body. "You don't seem crazy or different, but I know I shouldn't judge a book by it's cover." The younger mare sighed and then backed off again. She didn't want to piss this mare off to much. Hoping her previous comment would be seen as an invitation for the other to share her issues, Eris waited.

Adoptable

"Oh no!" the mare exclaimed, her bright eyes watching me intently as she spoke. "Very clever bitch, I can tell I'm going to like you." I stared at the light mare with a lack of emotion on my face; my mouth tapered down in the corners naturally with a relaxed jaw, ears set forward as I listened, and eyes reaching back to meet the mare's gaze. I simply nodded my head once, blinking at the, insult? "Likewise."

Eris continued on to explain the numbers, whereabouts, and etcetera of the group. I took in all the information on the nameless herd, shifting my weight from the center of my body to the right, allowing my back left hoof to cock onto it's end. The mare paused for a moment; probably taking a deep breath after all of the talking. I hate talking. "We only accept those with issues-" Issues? My harks flicked back as if I were listening to something behind me. I let her continue, eventually she clarified that she did not think that I am "crazy or different."

"Oh angle face," I cocked my face to the left once again, stretching my dark muzzle out to almost touch Eris'. "you are right about one thing: you surely cannot judge a book by it's cover." I pulled my face back toward my body as the tiny mare simultaneously took a step away from me, a smile pulling the corners of my mouth up to show the stained teeth behind my lips.

I drew in a deep breath, releasing it in a sigh; my breath swirled through the air in a vapor cloud. "So, what do you call yourselves then?" I tossed my snout to the right in order to get the mess of white hair out of my eyes. It flailed around for a split second before wrapping around my right ear and around the twisted horn that rested in front of it.

"Speak." Walk walk
AgronA

image credits
table by whit

Deceased
Frostie
ERIS
Just give me a reason,
Now that they had agreed that one day, they would become friends Eris focused on recruiting her. It was of upmost importance for the group to gain more members. They would need a larger family to take over a herd land, finding them individually seemed to be the only way to do it. It was hard work, but well worth it when another agreed to join and fight for their cause. All in all they were an good group of souls, lethal and crazy, but Eris believed that most of them where now just glad to be actually fighting for a cause. This mare did give Eris a good feeling, she was positively filled with bad attitude. Was it strange that something bad encouraged her to continue trying to recruit this dark one? Many would think that it was.

The dark mare seemed to be put out when Eris claimed that she didn't think she was abnormal. Having meant it as an insult the blue eyes just watched the annoyed mare with laughter dancing in them. It was always fun toying with those who struggled to be social. Being socially awkward was a hilarious concept to Eris. She knew that when she had nothing left to say she would just stand there silent. That's what she always did, if Eris did not have something to say then she did not speak. Unless she was in one of her moods, the senseless rambling was pretty much assured.

Bitchy face bared her stained teeth and Eris laughed. It was cold laugh, and it did not reach her eyes. "Thank you for confirming that you may fit in the family." Another giggle, as she watched the darker mare. Eris did not know what fear felt like, she had never been allowed to feel it. All through her life she faced her problems and battled anybody who had challenged her. Standing near this mare Eris did not back away because she was the more submissive mare. Eris backed away so she could study the situation.

The darker mare's breath fogged up in front of her face, Eris' own breath mimicked the behaviour. Eris did not answer her question right away, in fact she had a question of her own. "What is your name?" She asked in a sweet voice. Not that Eris had any plans of calling the mare by her proper name. Not for now anyway. "Officially we are called The Asylum." Just the words caused the lighter mare to twist her lips into a coy smile. Looking away from the mare she turned and looked in the general direction of the Spectral Marsh where the group lived. "So what do you say dull face? Are you in?"

Adoptable

The mare blew hot air right back into my face as I did to her, her breath crawling up my face until it faded out into the dark, open sky. My purple eyes glanced down to the base of the glowing tree, the color reflecting brightly in my eyes. She babbled for a second, the bright hair that draped over her face just now catching my attention. I connected what she said about me fitting in, allowing myself to cock my left eye brow at her sarcastically.

Silence fell over us for a small moment in between her last sentence and my voice raising to ask the mare her name. My brain rattled around, lifting the name out of the dusty core of my brain. Eris I flicked my ears back again, annoyed with my lack of attention to small things. "What is your name?" "We already went over this," I pressed my right ear forward again, the right finding itself cocked to the side to listen to nothing. "Eris." I announced her name with a coy grin, the smile stopping at the ends of each lip.

Finally she revealed the name of the band that she must have had some real interest in, according to the high octave of her voice as she spoke; The Asylum. I stared at her with bored eyes, the minimal amount of silence allowing me to listen to my spaced out pulse once more. The pet names seemed to continuously roll from one another's lips; we were playing off of each other quiet well, it was sort of entertaining, almost as if we had agreed to a game of "who had the best non-offensive come back?" "Why not, baby cheeks." I sighed, my face relaxing once more and pulling my ears each to the side in their relaxed station as well. "Show me the way."

"Speak." Walk walk
AgronA

image credits
table by whit