the Rift

exploration. [sasha, azzuen, open]

Onni the Illuminant Posts: 194
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 8 Buff: SWIFT
Lyhty :: Diamond Firetail Finch :: Sing Boom Boom!

"I never said kindest," Onni says with a faint smile tugging at her lips to Sasha. Few would really appreciate her mother like the tobiano did. She suspected this might have something to do with the private moments she was allowed as a child - rare glimpses at the unguarded face of her mother. While Kri was not one to close off her emotions, as many of her problems stemmed from the fiery passion that drove her, there was little room for sensitivity and kindness.

The painted lady thought it lucky that she had not inherited this stubborn, hard exterior. Perhaps, she had - just not faced enough heartbreaks to make her put the steel mask in place.

Her heart went out to Sasha, though. Going against such a fiercely spoken opponent was not easy on the mentality of anyone. While the tobiano had seen many handle it with more grace, there was a fire in the eyes of the chestnut that she couldn't help but admire. The fire that fell straight to her tongue, which was not really a desirable trait when dealing with Kri. "My mother is quite abrasive, but it is mostly caused by her own worries." The lady takes a turn, nodding for Azzuen to follow, and begins the tour of the Dragon's Throat.

Along the rim of the waters, amongst foreign desert plants and small trees, Onni begins the walk in shade, trying to escape some of the heat that plagued Helovia. "To my mother, our herd is her family - every member as much so as I am. If something threatens our security, she gets very protective and often lashes out," her quiet voice says as she plods along, a brown wing suddenly stretching out to point toward a pink flower atop one of the yuccas. Lyhty chirps in recognition of the beautiful flower, excitedly flying beside his bonded. "I don't know much about her past, but I know it was mostly militant, so tact isn't her strong point. You shouldn't take offense."

"As for getting on her good side... I think that is a bit of a mystery," Onni says with a laugh, sending a sly glance in the direction of Azzuen. "How did you manage it, Azzuen?"

""

Sasha Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Striding comfortably between Onni and Azzuen, Sasha lets her fire turn turn to smoldering embers inside her. As much as she wants to prove Kri wrong right now, the more cautious part of her knows that now is the time for listening, not action. Besides, this land is beautiful. Small trees with twisted trunks offer small islands of shade in an ocean of sun-baked red stone, and nearby the lake gleams brighter than any jewel ever could. Despite the heat, flowers hold firm and stubborn, showing their beautiful petals to the world despite the sun's wish to make them wither. I will be like those flowers, Sasha thinks to herself with firm resolve, I will flourish in this place.

Meanwhile, Onni - the polar opposite of her mother - is giving her counsel. Sasha listens with more solemnity than is characteristic for her; one might say he has her "game face" on. She is mostly quiet, only breaking her ponderous silence to say, I don't see how I could possibly be threatening. Frightened is not what I would call her reaction to me." Onni then asks Azzuen, the handsome (and woefully uninterested in romance) stallion for his opinion. Sasha perks her ears in his direction and waits for his reply, sun making her coat shine like copper.

Ázzuen the Ardent Posts: 94
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8
Whit
The stallion wasn’t quite used to handling mares who expressed their woes as vocally as this one. He didn’t think of it as fiery, rather, all he heard was a slightly irritating whine, a mare scorned and annoyed at not being paid what she believed were due respects for simply appearing at their borders. She was an assuming mare, he quietly decided, he could see that she wanted everyone to simply look at her and bow down – but realistically, what reason would drive anyone to do that? Azzuen had earned his title as General, just as Kri had earned her title as Leader, Onni as Healer, and his mate, Cassiopeia as Oracle. Even the young Ophelia earned her rank as Sleuth for the herd, and she was only just a yearling. What had this mare offered so far, besides flirting and a multitude of words and brash motions? The only thing she had offered to the herd so far was her presence, and while Azzuen didn’t discount that as nothing, he still believed that she hadn’t been as mistreated as she felt. She had been judged, swiftly and aptly, by their perceptive Leader.

He listens to what Onni has to say and agrees wholeheartedly, the daughter of the Leader confirming once again the opinion he himself had formed of their sometimes abrasive ruler. She acted in a manner that was honest to her character, she had no qualms with making her opinions known to the world, whether they be unpopular opinions or not; she stuck by them. Her resolve was admirable, and the stallion thought that might be what drew him to her, why he felt loyal to her – not just the fact that his brother had felt the same, which did play a large part in their friendship too. He was fairly similar in that he worked hard for what he believed in, and was loyal to those who shared the same beliefs, though he was definitely more mild mannered than the mare. Perhaps because his heart was now soaring with love for his mate, he saw the world through different eyes. Though past tragedies shaped his being into the over-protective guardian of the Throat, he behaved in such a way that he could only assume Kri liked, else she wouldn’t have appointed him her General.

“I act with nothing but honesty and integrity.” The stallion spoke with a wry smile and a shrug of his shoulders as he fell easily into the pace the mares set. “I have yearned for nothing more than a family to love and protect, and a herdland whose security I can insure on the beating of my wings for many years. Kri offered me a home, a cause, and I do everything I can to show my ongoing gratitude and worthiness.” He spoke simply yet poetically, his words rolling forth from his tongue with a rhythmic ease akin to that of a much wiser and learned beast. And yet, the simplicity of what he spoke about was also a token of the stallion – he wasn’t that complicated a stallion, but neither was he shallow and dim-witted. “I don’t claim to know anything more about our Leader than either of you two; I can only reflect on my own actions, and her subsequent reactions.” A humbled chuckle coloured his tones, truly, the stallion was like most men, knowing very little about the opposite sex but being very interested in them nonetheless.

Levi Posts: 270
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Ava
The handsome stallion walks swiftly towards the herd. He holds his head high as his legs carry his long strides. His breath cloud out of his nostrils as his hooves match the steady rythm of his heart beat. His silvery mane covers one eye as he starts to quicken his pace. His breath hardens as his gait turns into a trot. His silver tinted coat shimmers as he flows over the harsh terrain. Would he ever find a his destiny? Even a fate? Maybe or maybe not. He was never used to nice for he was always treated with hatred and loath. The thoughts of his past rushed into his head as he kept his pace going towards the herd.