the Rift

[OPEN] Sweet Revenge || Psyche

Tonka Posts: 87
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18 hh :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Sky

Tonka

I did not want to cross the border. I would wait at it, but not cross it, for I did not want to be known as a trespasser. Quite a few of my members had been taken as a prisoner for ‘trespassing’. I did not want to end up being taken again and make the rest of the Assassins think that I had abandoned them. I would never want to abandon my family. My family needed someone to be at our backs and to not think of us as just some annoying bugs that would quickly be swatted away. We needed to be at peace with another herd. Ophelia had already promised me that the Assassins and the Foothills would be at peace. She had even released all of my prisoners that she held captive there. We needed more on our side that is if we ever wanted to take over the World’s edge. They were one of the most populated herds in Helovia, and they were going to be tough to beat. Not to mention they had the Dragon’s throat on their side.

That is why I had come here, to the Aurora Basin. I had heard rumors of the Qian taking over the Edge from them, and maybe if they were still angry about that they would side with me and my Assassins. Not only would my band get what we wanted, but the Basin would too.

I waited out in the cold. It was not so dark here though. I could see the light from a cave nearby, but that was inside of the territory and I was out. Small snowflakes danced around in the darkened light and gently touched the broad back and neck of mine. It was a quiet unlit day, and I let a thunderous neigh rumble from my thought as I called for the Basin leader. Her name was Psyche, I believe.

[[Since I discussed this with Rayo before Tonka got stolen, I got an Admins approval on posting this thread.]]

Walking "Talking" Thinking

Imagine Dragons by Demons on Grooveshark

Credits!

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil
THE PLAGUE
Psyche

The light-trees seemed to provide more illumination than they had the day before, though perhaps that was only a matter of perception. As the night carried on, it almost seemed as though it weren't so dark, and the shadow-mare found herself wondering if they would all be blind when the sun returned. If the sun returned. As the days passed, it seemed less and less likely, but with that realization, the Empress grew more and more comfortable. She had been born of the night, after all, and as the hours, days, weeks, even, passed with no more trouble than the occasional, accidental intruder, she found less and less about the darkness to fear. The glow of the nearest tree reflected off the snow that crunched softly beneath her hooves. Perhaps it was lighter here than anywhere else in the land, for they had reflected light to see by.

A call caught her attention, and she halted, her form a dark statue surrounded by the ivory of the snow. Auds pricked towards the borders, a mild surprise flickering briefly in her mind. Who was mad enough to traverse the Steppe during the endless night? It would be cold there, colder even than in the Basin, for there was no sun to provide warmth. She supposed that this particular part of the night had been a tad warmer, as the wind had died down, but even so, she found herself impressed with a newcomer that she had yet to even lay eyes on.

Ice broke softly beneath her blurring pistons as she approached the borders. She was glad that she had lived in her land for almost a full year when the night began, for she had been given plenty of time to learn every rock, every tree, and she arrived at the pass in good time, travelling through the darkness at the edges of the glow-trees' eerie luminescence. She took stock of the form that had paused at the edge of her land and, noting the horn upon his brow, called her own greeting. "Well, hello, darling. You're quite brave to wander through the Steppe during these odd times, aren't you?" A smile graced her maw, though it was rather a disturbing sight, what with the shadows and all, and she continued. "Do walk with me, won't you? And tell me - what brings you to my land."

"Talk talk talk."
CRUX
Image Credit
[Image: psycheicon.png]

Please feel free to tag me in all replies!
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Tonka Posts: 87
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18 hh :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Sky

Tonka

I stood there wondering what to expect of this herd. I had never come to the Basin before, let alone meet a member from here. I knew that they were a racist bunch, and might even think down on me for leading a band of mixed species, but what could be the worst that that could happen. I was not here to cause trouble but the exact opposite. I was here to ask for peace between us and not another enemy. I just hoped that they would understand this.

It was not long until I saw a shadowy figure coming towards me. I looked down and took in a deep breath. I lifted my head up again with pride. I was Tonka, the Assassins leader. I was barely able to see her when she had talked. Her pelt was the color of the darkness and the only thing that stood out was her bright white black and the socks on her feet. She also wore feathers and teeth, and I assumed that those were the ones that’s life was taken away by her. She was smaller than me, but I had learned to never underestimate size.

Well, hello, darling. You're quite brave to wander through the Steppe during these odd times, aren't you? Her voice cut the silence of night like a blade slicing through one’s flesh. My ears flicked forward, and I looked at her shadow like figure. “I live actually in the Frozen Arch, so it is not that far of a walk.” He replied, a slight smile growing on his maw. The femme asked him to walk with her and explain his reasoning to be here. He hesitated for a second before crossing the border, but placed a hoof into the Basin territory.

“Yes, I will walk. I have come on behalf of the Assassins. I think I remember my old leader telling me that she came to talk to you. Her name was Ignita. Anyway, I would like to offer peace between your large herd, and my small band. I also have revenge to offer for you. Revenge on the Qian for taking over your rightful land, the Worlds Edge. Wouldn’t it be nice to see them fall to their knees, begging for mercy? Once we gain more members in the Assassins, and once we grow stronger, I would like to attempt in taking over their land. It is risky goal, but I live for taking chances, even if the outcome is horrendous. I have just come to not gain more foes, for we have quite a lot down at my end, but to earn some friends to help us succeed our goal.”

The steed paused, almost forgetting to add something, “I am Tonka, by the way. The new leader of the Assassins. And I will presume you are the leader of this fine herd, Psyche? Please correct me if I am wrong.”

Walking "Talking" Thinking

Imagine Dragons by Demons on Grooveshark

Credits!

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
The Senior Admin team did not approve Tonka creating this thread while being held prisoner by the World's Edge. Prisoners are not allowed to create or join threads outside of the captor's herdland and/or with their captor. Pre-dating threads beyond the event of being taken prisoner to escape this rule is not allowed.

This thread is to remain locked until Tonka is free.