the Rift

Fly me to the moon and back.

Skylark Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Skylark
I've got a ticket for a world where we belong
Skylark ran with youthful abandonment, darting and weaving through the forest of the threshold. He reveled in sound of his heart in his ears, and the feeling of his side expanding to accommodate his will to run. For him, it was the closest he could come to flying. Lark was still so young and the weight of worldly matters and politics have yet to weigh heavy on his shoulders. His mane flailed wildly behind him. His tail wrapped and tangled around his legs, and occasionally snagged low lying branches. However, it was not something that slowed him down. Adrenaline and endorphin's flooded his veins. As he crashed through the wall of trees; He came to a crashing halt along the lamp tree lit pathway. "Ha....Haha...Hahahahaha" . The laughter boiled from his well compassed chest at a slow crescendo."Gods....that never gets old!" His voice echoed into the darkness as he spoke his feels out loud.

He trounced around in a circle as he came down from his high. Skylark had been so caught up in his run that he never noticed that it was mid day and the lights were still out. His pale blue eyes widen in shock as he realized that the only source of light was coming from the trees that went on indefinitely in either direction. "What the hell!?" His eyes searched either direction before turning upwards towards the sky. What was going on? Where had the sun gone? He was so confused. His chest heaved as he still worked to catch his breath and figure out where he was and what he should do next. He nibbled on the inside of his lip as he tried to make a decision. "Any many miny moe." Having left it up to fate he started off.

These lands were so different that where he came from. He shook his head. What had he been thinking leaving his home. Oh yes, it was youthful ambition. He had came from a herd that was over crowded and it was not unusually for the young colts to strike out on their on. He and few others had left at the same time, but it seems that he was all that had left. The others had drifted off as they had came into contact with other herds. Lark it seemed was the last hold out. His heart begun to pump with excitement as he could make out the opening of a clearing. Without a second thought his hooves begun to drum against the ground faster and fast as he drew closer. He struggled to reign in his need to run. The feeling was a beast straining against it's capture.

He entered the threshold without a single thought to the dangers that could be lurking in the darkness.

Perhaps it was time to throw down his anchor.
table by whit

Seele the Necromancer Posts: 210
Deceased atk: 5.5 |
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 hh :: five (ages orangemoon) Buff: NOVICE
Abba
I swear. The next time some idiot foal runs under my feet they are going to be smacked with my horn upside their precious little cranium. They were such a hassle! I couldn't even begin to understand why anyone would want them. Honestly, all tumbling around on the ground with no real sense of direction or what it was they were going to run into. It was complete and utter stupidity. But, I had to admit, they were the perfect little things to corrupt raise up and train to work for our lovely little group.

Perhaps I'd just have to be teaching these little mongrels some manners before I let them do anything. Oh. Seele. You know you love the little ones. They are too adorable not to love! came the chords of Innerste. Oh. I couldn't disagree more. They were disturbing little creatures that got themselves into way too much trouble. But... they were more capable of sneaking in and gaining information from elders without seeming suspicious. Oh! This would be lovely!

With that though I began to scour the threshold to see if I could find this perfect little creature to begin to spy for our herd. Of course, it seems I didn't have to scour too much to find this odd one. He was already crashing through the trees and laughing way too hard for anyone of an older stance to really be. I couldn't help but to shake my head as I stayed hidden in the shadows. Oh. Trust me. That did get very, very old.

And then he was fully in the threshold, straining to keep moving forward. "Dangers lurk in the dark, kleine." I hissed, poison dripping from my maw as I continued to stay hidden in the shadows. "It is not wise to be travelling alone." I added on before trotting out in front of him with a smirk upon my face, the amber glow of a lantern illuminating the red points on my coat with an eerie feeling. Was it blood or was it my markings? One would have to come closer to figure out - and most had the sensibility not to. "I could travel with the Recke if thee would so request it. Perhaps even offer a home?" I sung, sweetness curling around my harsh consonants and silken soprano chords. "That is, of course, if you are interested in a home full of misfits...." I added sweetly, tilting my cranium to the side with a gentle smile.

You are nothing but viscous. What is this false mask you have placed on your face?! roared Unheil in distaste. But, I simply ignored him. This young one was my first step toward gathering some spies.

I could not allow him to slip from my non-existent fingers.

480 words
@[Skylark]
all about The Asylum
SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
Glory and Gore go Hand in Hand
That's Why We're Making Headlines
●☽ ☾●

Antheia Posts: 129
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hh :: 4
Clo.

A N T H E I A
beauty is what is on the inside, not the outside

The warm air was pleasing and the snow was melting, very slowly though. My paws carrying me through the deep mud. The Threshold wasn't like this when I had first came to this adventurous land. It had been beautiful, the sun was shining down on the sparkling snow and the cold windy air made the white powder fly into the air. Now it was black, with only the moon and stars to guide the creatures of Helovia.

I pushed on, looking for one who may be in need of a home. I wanted my haven to be well-known to the lands of Helovia, they deserved it for letting me live there. I would offer it to anyone that is homeless because I know how it feels to be alone and have no one to lean on in the troubled times. It was sad, I suppose. I didn't like the feeling and that's why I had adopted Harmony, I could leave her out there by herself, for you never know when something will attack in the night.

As I continued, I found a dark mare and then a colt, maybe a year or two older than Harmony? He was a very athletic one, though I didn't like his rude words at all. That's the thing about this word, there are some nice and others not, but you must respect all. The mare seemed rather, nice, yet I could never know. She may be a snarling wolf on the inside, and you never want to mess with them. Yes, I had been in this world for a very short time, but I had learned a lot, and taught myself too. A chuckle escaped my kisser and then walked up to the two.

I stood to the side of them, but farther back just in case they were dangerous. "Hello friends. I'm Antheia, from the World's Edge." The soft words slipped through my jaws. As the gloomy mare gabbled on about a group of misfits, my harks pinned as low as they could go against my dome. Asking a little colt to join a clan of freaks, how nice. I thought and smirked. I let the thought go by and then flickered my harks, looking to the stallion. He'd be a good friend for Harmony. I smiled and dipped my dome towards him. "Young one, I also would love to offer you my home in the World's Edge. Our mighty Mirage the Dragonheart would love to see a new arrival at the lands that cast the sea." I smiled and waited for his response. Would he chose the misfits or the peaceful ones?

tag; @[Skylark] and @[Seele]
word count; 443
ooc; Sorry, I'm sorta rusty this evening. xP