the Rift

She Had Such A Pretty Face, I Always Wondered How She Hung Around

Iosui Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

One way or another, she'd been known for a few noticeable things about herself. One, she had red eyes that looked so strange, yet so captovating at the same time, When the moment she opened her eyes a chestnut filly, the world went "Ooooooo. What eyes.", and since then, she wore her unique red eyes like a trophy, in the same fashion that a queen wears her crown jewels. Two, she was short, small, and petite. At two years of age, she just quit growing, and had her perfect petite form that made something special to look at. The girl never got over the height of 14.2 hh, and with her brother, who stood a healthy 15.3 hh, she was something to look. Her mother took the better of having her daughter being a petite, beautiful thing, and made her into a polite creature, though the bad apple that was her father worked racism into the child, and she hid it from her mother. Third, she had an almost perfect, untouched white by the age of a year. Her poor mother slaved for hours to keep her daughter's coat clean, and the girl, seeing her mother's strain, learned how to keep herself clean and not being too prissy. No, she wasn't prissy, she just didn't like the idea of asking a friend to help her bathe to make sure her coat was kept spottless and spending hours in the process. Fourth, last of all, she had strange little horns. Like her body never grew big, her horns stayed small. They were straight, red to match her breathtaking eyes, and in a good little pair. She was told by her brother who was allowed to adventure out that they were Antelope horns, and one of a young one. Afterwards he'd chuckle to her, she'd pout, and storm off, grumpy from being teased by her brother.
When she did leave, she did cry, missing her family, though her family told her she was too beautiful to stay in one place. There was a world for her to see, and her brother walked with her until he couldn't follow, and she went on. At one point, night swept in, and she found herself a place to sleep where she wouldn't get her coat too dirty. And when she woke up, well, there wasn't exactly a dawn. Though, feeling she had awaken too early, stood up, checked her coat and white curly hair, fixed the braid in her tail her mother and brother braid for her, and went on. It was only after a few hours that she noticed the Sun wasn't rising, and kept moving. The thought of keeping a fast pace was the thought that she'd get out of the dark. Instead, she found herself in the trees, and stuck in the tow of underbrush.
"Ouchie. Ow. Owie. Ow. Ouch. Oh, that was unpleasent. Oop! Ow! Does this ever end?" She tried to keep her steps high through the bushes, vines, and shrubs surrounding the base of the mixture of hardwood trees, but was only getting herself stabbed by Breyers she had wandered into in the dark. Apparently the snow upon the ground hadn't done very much to kill it all off, and already her tail had gotten snagged on something a while back ago. When she found her might to pull herself free, she lost a few of her white tail hairs in the bush. She sighed and frowned at the idea that the forest was greedy, and one way or another always wanted a piece of those around. She'd known she'd struck gold when she wasn't stepping in mud, or having something catch on her horns and then try to tear them out of her head. With one step forward, she found herself getting stabbed in one precious red eyeball by a low twig hanging off a branch.
"OWIE!!! Ow! Ow! Ow ow ow OW!" Tears fell from her tightly closed eye are in response to being stabbed, and she stumbled about without her sight for a few moments. She never fell, but in the process of getting stabbed ran into a tree. "Oh, today is not my day. Please don't let any of that scum come along. Oh wait, I'm probably inticing them by just saying. Crap." A frown fell across her face in displeasure, the thought of having to meet an Equine or Pegasus making her blood boil. Her father was smart enough to make sure she didn't have to be near them when they took to their home, but leaving it meant an uncertainty as of if this place was only populated by Unicorns. She could hit the jackpot, and there not be, but as far as the day was going, a kick in the butt like that didn't seem like something that wouldn't happen because she didn't want it to.

Soft words of Angel, secretly laced with cyanide.

OOC: For Psyche and Illynx.

Image Credits
[/dohtml]

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil
THE PLAGUE
Psyche
The shadow-mare had long since given up on her fears, for stalking her land uselessly did no one any good, least of all herself. Of course she still worried for the safety of her own - it weighed on her mind constantly - but she could no longer sit and wait for something to come to her. It was not in her nature to do so, and besides, she could be searching for others like them, more to join them in the everlasting darkness. She could be finding new warriors, new spies, new members to offer even more protection to those who could not protect themselves. And so they had set out, she and her trusted corporal, and here they were, wandering through the Threshold.

A voice cut through the air, a whimpering, sad sort of sound, and at first the shade grinned, for surely one who seemed so frantic and afraid would prove easy prey for such a pair of she-devils such as Illynx and herself. She glanced toward her companion, nodded toward the whining, and crept forward silently, concealing herself rather effortlessly amongst the brush. She and her corporal were of a dark complexion, and in the endless night they blended in quite well. Excitement and the adrenaline that accompanies the chase and the corresponding kill rushed into her bloodstream - and then she saw it.

The horn.

She paused, her auds pinning slightly, for the fae was acting all sorts of foolish in her attempt to free herself from the brambles. Still, she was a unicorn, wasn't she? And one more body would be an asset in these dark and troubled times. "...that scum..." Auds pricked forward once more, intrigue growing in amber eyes. Perhaps luck was with them, and they had stumbled against one of their own beliefs; only one way to find out. "Darling!" she called out jovially, poison naturally in her tones. "You seem to be in quite a bind, out here all alone. Might we remedy that for you?"

"Talk talk talk."
CRUX
Image Credit
[Image: psycheicon.png]

Please feel free to tag me in all replies!
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie
Illynx
Together, they had descended the mountain, the finest pair of ladies that had ever graced the Basin with their presence arriving to the Threshold in style; it felt good to get Psyche out of the confines of their home, the corporal unsure how long it had been since the ebonite queen had been out of the arms of the mountain, but sure enough that it had been too long. Illynx swept alongside her friend with the controlled silence that her trained muscles gave her, having utilized this very path many times since her return home and rather assured in each of her steps, the added presence of her lead creating a heightened sense of self importance in the golden marked mare, her elegant features raised high to allow her eyes to scan the thick darkness for motion, her ears twirling about her catching the sounds of the forest.

And the sounds, it would seem, were that of one in trouble.

The curious glance given to her by Psyche was shared, a devious smile placed upon her lips as the duo made their way towards the sound of the disturbance, Illynx's movements cat-like as they slid nearly undetectable through the shadows, her golden eyes searching ahead of her for the sight of the beast trapped in the snares of the forest. She drew herself to a halt only a few paces short of where her lady had come to a stand still, allowing her leader to take point in this encounter as the pair searched the struggling shape for signs of friend or foe. Her ears drew forward in interest as the clumsy mare cursed the air around her, the tone and wording of her statements bringing to light that this was likely a kindred soul to both she and Psyche, so long as she wore the right trinkets about her head.

It would seem that the vantage point from which the Dark Empress stood had allowed her to see the horns upon the stranger's head, though the darkness kept their small size hidden from the eyes of the corporal, as Psyche's voice broke the tender silence that had previously encompassed their beings. As the ebony unicorn offered her assistance to the tangled white femme, Illynx drew herself closer to the situation; it would seem the foolish girl had lost track of the path and become trapped in the natural defense mechanisms of the forest. "A bind indeed," she crooned, her eyes observing the scrapes upon the supple ivory flesh of the stranger now that she had drawn closer, the short and strange horns protruding from her brow alluring in that she had never seen another set quite like them.
if I only could make a deal with God.
Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Unregistered

She pulled again, attempting to break out of the brambles before the voice came. The word 'Darling' came along, and she turned her attention to the source. An unicorn mare, as dark as the endless night was, and she smiled at the words of the mare. Her own perfect species came to the rescue during her time in need. Ah yes, another thing that made Unicorns so perfect. You find yourself in a bind, they're there at the first sound.
"I do believe I am in a bind, Ma'dam. Remedy or not, at least you're own of my own kind. Tell me please, as a sort of salvation to my soul, are we free from the disgust and ruined bloodlines of the Equines and Pegasus? Though, before you do just that, would you and your companion please be kind enough upon my soul to help me out of this? They call me Iosui, by the way."
She was wise to keep her voice gentle, wondering if they were racist like herself? For the time being, they didn't seem to be, unless they split their guts full out like she did. Her red eyes lingered upon the slightly lighter dark mare in the one that called her Darling, and then listened as she said she was in a bind indeed. Within her mouth, her tongue flickered about, attempting to yell something out. She always had something to watch, and with two of her species to her rescue, she wasn't about to get herself in trouble with them. They could stab her with their horns while she doubted they would, and if they did, her small red horns lacked the size to return attack.
One good pull and she felt herself get intangled even more in the vines. A well placed thorn jabbed her in her right flank, causing a quick jump to move through her body. With the vines that were close enough to her head and to her sides where she come move her head about and cut them with the usage of her horns, though found no relief. When she released a sigh, it seemed as if it was her way of showing defeat to the vines. She wasn't even easily defeated, but with the constant jabbing and stabbing and poking in all the awkward places(she swore one was getting a little too naughty, and had gone about stabbing her in the butt in an uncomfortable fashion), this was defeat.
I would lie down if I could, but I know it's just going to mess my coat and get it all dirty. Taking a bath in this cold weather doesn't seem so nice, definately when it would take hours upon end.
The red in her eyes look over them, seeing faint gold markings on the mare that had walked up beside the black one, and she lingered her mind over the idea of them for a few moments before reminding herself it is rude to stare and turning her gaze to look at the mare who spoke first. "I just ask for your assistance if it isn't a bother to you. I'm not from around here, but I guess you both already know that seeing as I've lost my path in the dark. May I ask, why are some of the trees glowing, and what has happened to the Sun, Moon, and stars? Are the thieves here so greedy taking one from their home and personal items not good enough that must steal the sky as well? Greedy bastards. You wouldn't think of them as our kind, would you?" Her blabbering quit as she attempted to make conversation while yanking, pulling, and trying to break vines to get herself free. The thorn poked her like having small needles stabbed into her white coat. If her eye was red from being stabbed, how were they to know that it was? It held a slight burn, and as she tried to view them out of it in a better sight, she only got more of a burn.
Here you go ladies and gentlemen. Here's a midget, white Unicorn mare stuck in some vines. Please, keep the flash turned off on your camera to keep from spooking the magnificent creature. Pictures with such a beast cost $15 adult, $25 for the children. So please ladies and gentlemen, step right up.

OOC: The ending is sort of there to make a joke out of it.
Also, I'd like to ask if she might join the most wonderfulest of Plagues.

Image Credits
[/dohtml]

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil
THE PLAGUE
Psyche
Of course she did not have to worry about her darling corporal making a mess of things; that was what the shade liked so much about Illynx. The golden-laced fae could almost read her mind. To be honest, it was a wonder that two such like-minded individuals did not clash horribly. But then, Illynx had never sought to rule in the way that Psyche had, and so they had never come upon a reason to fight, or even to argue. It was friendship in the truest since, though it had taken the jackal some time to realize it, and it was times like this that she truly appreciated its value in a whole new light.

The ivory fae, so different from the pair and yet so like them, too, continued to struggle with the thorns as she spoke. At least she had stopped whimpering and carrying on so; she showed bravery when it was required of her, it would seem. The Lady liked that. Besides, a bit of time in the organization and the femme would shape right up. I daresay Illynx would train her properly, she thought as she looked over the situation. "Oh, of course we would help one of our own, dearest. Wouldn't we, Illynx?" It was a rhetorical question, though, and the Empress began to walk back and forth alongside the thistle pile, looking for a way out.

"If you back up and go to your right, you may manage to work your way out, my dear. Do be careful, won't you? By the way, I am Psyche: Lady of the Aurora Basin, and Crux of the Plague." She paused to observe, turning the remainder of the fae's words over in her mind. She was racist, that much was clear, and what better kind of unicorn was there? She wore her horn like a crown, as she should, and if they could turn her into a fighter... Well, any trade would do, really, so long as she made herself useful. Perhaps she would even desire entry into their secretive little family. A grin spread slowly across the shadow-mare's maw. She had begun the conversation; Illynx would finish it, she was sure.

[OOC | This is quite entertaining. xD And we would be happy to have her in the Plague!]

"Talk talk talk."
CRUX
Image Credit

Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Illynx
Illynx instantly decided that she didn't actually talk that much, listening to the young mare blabber on about her condition and discussing the state of politics within Helovia. She did manage to spit out her calling the jumble of words that poured forth from her, and the corporal found it to be a rather pretty name, especially when paired with her obvious distaste of the hornless, the golden marked warrior smiling softly with eyes that looked upon Iosui in a whole new light. What were the odds that they would discover someone so perfectly cut out for their snowy peak? The white minx struggled within the vicious grasp of the brambles and vines, Illynx eyeing dubiously the barbed branches, her elegantly long black tail kept carefully behind her and out of the reach of the hungry barbs. Psyche may be willing to dive into a pricker bush to save her, she mused, but I'm not risking my flesh for someone foolish enough to become trapped in a bush, unicorn or not. Just as she thought it, however, Psyche's voice lured an ear in her direction, making Illynx sigh softly as she looked upon the predicament Iosui was in, knowing that she would do as her friend asked her even if it meant loosing a few carefully groomed and much loved tail hairs.

"Of course," she said flatly, looking at the massive tangle of briers the white mare had managed to fall into, moving in the opposite direction of her queen when she noticed that Psyche was attempting to view a way out, not charge in and rescue her; a relief washed over Illynx as well as a bit of shame, for having thought that Psyche would bum rush a bramble bush to rescue a lost maiden, a sign that she had traveled too long away from her friend. Luckily, it would seem that the Empress had noticed a thinner region of the mess and was now directing the young mare out as best as she could. Illynx picked up her pace to a trot and circled back towards where the Lady was gesturing, eyes searching for the less entangling part of the bush, drawing to a halt as she saw where Psyche was suggesting. "Corporal Illynx of the Aurora Basin, seasoned blade-maiden of the Plague, a warrior; mention the Plague outside of your current company and you'll wish you had died at birth," jumbled the golden horned unicorn, her words more a stream of consciousness as she pondered precisely which of these brier branches had to be swept away to allow Iosui the easiest path out; the corporal attempted to make her final statement as nonchalant as possible, so as not to send the wrong message - she wanted to allow all who were capable into their secret little coven, but there were certain stipulations and respects to be paid, and she would ensure that the little white mare knew her place. Her head lowered, the point of her horn slipping underneath a dangerous branch, and ever so gently, she ushered it aside. She continued to move the more in the way bits of bramble out of the way with her horn as she spoke, "The Gods have gone to solve a problem, their marks of power with them. Surely they will return to us before too long; it was they who placed the lights in the trees, so we would not get lost in their absence."

Illynx was not really all that sure that the Gods would be returning anytime soon, but it was a hope to cling to when the darkness pressed in on her soul and she could bare it no longer. At least she hadn't been stripped of her magic, like many of those who she knew; she had no magic for the void to take. "The hornless choose to steal beings, not stars. Never have a met a beast that could reach them, anyway; perhaps the Moon herself." Her head rose as she completed adjusting the brambles out of the way, stepping delicately to the side to allow Iosui through the newly made hole.
Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Unregistered

She finds herself a little calmer as she can feel the black mare searched over her situation, and gives the faintest of polite smiles. The pair agreed to help her, thankfully. There were polite souls in this world, as much as it seemed there wouldn't be without light there. "Thank you. You're very kind."
In her steady attempts to remain still as she watches the lighter coloured dark mare move around, she looks to the cuts and scrapes on her white coat. There is a bit of blood on one leg, red being one of the most difficult colours to get out of her coat. She could get lucky, and even though there was snow on the ground, there could be a place warm enough she could slip into, and wash herself. Maybe she wouldn't die of hypthremia.
A bramble snapped behind her, and she finally felt a bit of freedom as the black and the dark coloured mares gave her their name, and spoke of the Plague. Plague? What's the Plague? Her attention lights a fuse when she hears the words Plague, and then is told by Illynx, is that right?, that she would wish she died at birth. She laughed softly in a playful manner at the words, not to insult either Psyche nor Illynx, but to hear the words brings a bit of good to her. Secrets were fun. They truly were, and she was glad to know one that seemed so special. Before she backed herself up to freedom, she turned her head to make sure that Illynx had moved. Embarrassment would surge through her veins if she was to back up into Illynx in a rush to free herself.
"I assure you, Lady Psyche and Corporal Illynx, your secret as of the Plague will be kept under the greatest of locks and keys. I've been taught by my father to keep racism hidden as for my Mother would have my skin pealed off me like a Banana peel for just having one racist outburst. Father never liked the others, Mother just accepted them and when they spoke to her, tried to be polite but in her eyes you easily tell she was mentally strangling them. A short time after my birth, the bad apples if you catch my drift, were moved. The bodies, that is."
One giggle fell from her at the memory of the soldiers moving the bodies, their genocide going awfully well. The greatest actions being as of how all the ones who could stop it were her father's allies, and simply turned their backs. Her small head moved around to see exactly where Psyche was talking about, and careful with her first step, she moved backwards, guiding herself into the spot to free herself. Whenever she found herself free from the mess, she had a question or two to ask them, as long as they were willing to answer.
Freedom came slow, and when she could move herself around a bit more, she smiled to the mares, ready to present a question to them. She needed this one answered, as much as she cared about it.
"Now, if you don't mind me asking, what is the Plague about? If anything, I can offer resources as a spy if it would be needed. My steps are lighter, and when I'm not being stabbed in the ass and every which way, I'm much more quieter. She moves away from the brambles, moving out of Illynx's way if the gold streaked mare had intentions to move. This time her feet were much quieter, she had a steadier movement, and the only thing that ever bothered her in her head was how she was going to get that blood out of her coat. Truthfully, it was eating her. Before long it'd be a stain, and who'd know how she would get that out of the way.

Image Credits
[/dohtml]

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil
THE PLAGUE
Psyche
The bramble patch glimmered eerily in the glow from the nearby light-tree, and the shadow-mare stood in silence as her corporal assisted the ivory fae out of the thorns. The golden-laced mare's words brought a thoughtful look to the Lady's face. The gods would return, Illynx said - but would they? Would they bring back the sun, and the moon, and the magic that have left such a void in her breast? Would she regain the ability to instill fear in others? Oh, who was she kidding - she had never lost that ability. Her very presence instilled fear in those she sought to exterminate, did it not? Of course it did. Not that she was bragging or anything.

Satisfied with this line of thought, her mind returned to the present. The silver - what was her name? Iosui? Right. It was pretty, elegant, just like her. Interesting how one's name has a tendency to fit one's personality, isn't it? Her inquiry brought a broad grin to the jackal's features, for the Plague was her pride and her joy. Her followers were like her children, and as such were among the lucky few that the shade viewed affectionately. Perhaps Iosui could join the select group; she certainly showed the right mindset for it.

"The Plague is an elite group of unicorns whose sole purpose is to exterminate those who do not belong in our kingdom." Her amber gaze hovered, unwavering, on Iosui's.

[OOC | No muse. >.>]

"Talk talk talk."
CRUX
Image Credit

Illynx
Illynx was unsure as to how under "locks and keys" their secret would be with the mare carrying on about the depths of her soul within moments of meeting her (judgement could not be passed so quickly, as Illynx was not one to disguise her own racist feelings too carefully), but she could not doubt that the heart within this one was steadfastly aimed in the direction of greatness. The corporal observed her slowly gained freedom with scrutiny, watching every limb as it was placed to ascertain her dexterity as well as whether or not it was purely accidental that she had found her way into the brier patch and not a direct result of a lack of coordination on the little white mare's behalf. It was in the golden marked unicorn's nature to observe for marks of a warrior in every being that she encountered; it was about all that she could claim any expertise to, the only thing that she knew how to gauge appropriately and without any great struggle on her behalf.

The mare, however useful she may wind up being, was not a warrior. Never would a soldier have found themselves trapped by the average foliage as this one had become, Illynx sure of her own abilities to have escaped despite the scrapes and prods of the branches, and also of the abilities of the other blade wielders she had encountered in her life. It was with this conclusion that the words arriving in unison with the question as to what, precisely, their secret group was, didn't surprise the chocolate lady in the least. The white damsel's size alone told Illynx that she would be good at creeping about unseen, though the current state of the land left her sticking out like a vein of silver in the back of a black cave. Nothing a bit of mud can't cover, mused the corporal as the Lady Psyche answered the little minx's question.

The reply was discrete, as to be expected from the dark queen of their blasphemous coven, and the gilded warrior smiled deviously in the bleakly lit forest. "Not all wish to be exterminated," she darkly replied, her gaze cast to the now free from branches Iosui, "hence our requirements for secrecy." When it came to placing her in a rank, however, Illynx was aware that there was little she could say to allow her to go where she wished within the herd, such decisions ultimately determined by the Lady Psyche and Mauja. The corporal turns her eyes to her dear friend, the white streak upon her face seeming to burn in the unnatural light descending from the trees, "I see no reason that she shouldn't be utilized as she requests," purred the mare, paying little mind to the fact that she was discussing Iosui directly in front of the woman in question, "she will have to learn to quietly accept pain, however, and also how to move in darkness; it would be unfortunate to be discovered by the enemy as we discovered her today."

The corporal paused, taking in a slow breath that leaked from her muzzle in thin, misty clouds upon her exhalation, her gaze turning back to the face of Iosui, her golden eyes reflecting, she hoped, the message that the white mare was safe only because they had discovered her to be of the same bloodlines as themselves. "Regardless, you are still young. You have ample room to grow."

Unregistered

She finds herself a little calmer as she can feel the black mare searched over her situation, and gives the faintest of polite smiles. The pair agreed to help her, thankfully. There were polite souls in this world, as much as it seemed there wouldn't be without light there. "Thank you. You're very kind."
She moved into the light of the odd glowing tree, and gazed upon Psyche as her question got answered. The 'Lady' seemed lost in thought, but for the moment, the silver mare's mouth was kept closed and she was listening. As soon as the black mare finished, Illynx began her words, and she laid back in relaxation. Her vocal cords were going to kick her in the butt in the morning, yet at least it wasn't her balls. Thankfully, she lacked them unlike most males.
After the lighter dark mare pauses for a moment, she catches the sight of a single white curl in her horns. Their red ends shot upwards, well, not really shot, but you get my point, and with the notion of the curl from her forelock there, it caught her attention. Thoughts went to as how she would get that off there, when the word pain was slipped into conversation. Her eyes widened, and the black outline around her red eyes stared upon Illynx. Pain you say? I'm an useless bitch when it comes to that. Her thought brought a giggle to herself that wasn't meant to be let free, but she was fast to think of a reason to cover it if they asked for the reason why.
'Why are you giggling?' Oh, just the thought of having a thorn almost shoved up my butt earlier is a good reminder as of my tolerance to pain.
Illynx stated her youth, the envy of other's, how she was perfect at such a young ripe age, well, it just brought a good smile to her face. The sigh that escaped the lighter of a dark pair brings curiousity, and the message in the mare's eyes brings Iosui to a fault. Maybe Illynx might not enjoy her, though she attempts to make a common ground with her, she seems to have failed. Later, she'll have to find grounds for rethought of the decision.
"I assure you, secrecy shall be kept. When the darkness seems nicer than this darkness, I might as well move better. As for pain, beat with a club. Youth shall get me somewhere."
Her words fall silent, and she itches to remove herself from this place. Trees stand tall, the one that glows seems to stare upon her, looking over every single detail of her body. A frown slips across her face at the mere sight of it, thinking of it having eyes that watched her as if she was under a microscope. That frown turns a cringe, and a cold shock slips down her spine, ending at the braid in her white tail. The curl that wrapped itself around her horn broke off, and she stared over to the Psyche and Illynx, one thing on her mind.
"Am I the only getting the creeps from the tree?"
Secretly, her voice begs to leave. To go to whatever place that might be home.

OOC: Sorry it's sort of bad.

Image Credits
[/dohtml]

Illynx
Again, the small white mare described her and the ever lovely Psyche as kind, drawing a slight heightening of an eyebrow as she wondered just how much error was in that judgement. Perhaps they were good souls to have helped her out of her predicament and to have provided her with answers to her bubbling froth of questions, but there was no sense of kindness behind their acts; kindness was for the weak, for those who could not depend enough upon themselves and so went searching to appease others and hope, with limbs crossed, that all their efforts at befriending this other being would not be in vain. Illynx was not this way. Had the white mare before her not worn the dual horns that sprung from around her ears, she would not be speaking now but maybe for wet, visceral gasps escaping from a severed throat; and as far as any further mention of "friendship" between the two of them, Illynx would have little to nothing to do with such nonsense. The being known as Iosui would serve her purpose on the outskirts of enemy territory, observing what she might so as to feed the might and power of the Lady Psyche, much as Illynx herself patrolled the perimeters of their home and would lend her horn to any battle that she was requested to attend by her oldest friend and superior. If the whims of the DarkEmpress were to annihilate every last trace of Iosui's existence, no matter how much further down the road this theoretical situation came into play, it would be with great pleasure that the corporal would descend upon the little white woman and snuff her very essence from existence; never would guilt cross Illynx's mind, never would she second guess her actions.

She was not kind.

Regardless, the corporal observed the little one as she listened to the explanation of the social order into which she was about to enter, the golden orbs of Illynx following the red ones of Iosui to Psyche's mane, where the various trinkets of battles won dangled from individual locks. The golden femme watched with mild amusement as the girl's eyes widened as the word pain was brought into play, her obvious discomfort at such a notion highly pleasing to the sadistic and often cruel warrior, who's lips responded to the mild horror that dashed across the damsel's face with a sinister smile. It was not Iosui's fault that the corporal disliked her so. That she was a mare had already won her no points with the chocolate minx, the often overly confident corporal a sucker for male attentions and company over the delicate mental states and incessant glorification of themselves that she had come to find most women to consist of. While Illynx had come to love Psyche, and perhaps was growing fond of some of her other kin upon the mountain, she had no reasons to feel anything but disdain for the white mare who had already proven too daft to avoid the natural traps in the currently darkened world of Helovia.

Despite the darling's initial discomfort at the mention of pain, her words were an invitation to train her as the elder unicorn's saw fit, a few points dripping down in her favor at this mention. At least she desires to learn, thought the corporal, her malicious grin fading into a loose and flat line as she pondered the facets of herself that Iosui had already shared. It would seem that her stupidity could be due entirely to her age, and perhaps insufficient raising of the child on her parents behalf. Not that they had utterly failed; the girl had enough sense to know her superiors when she saw them and also to hold herself in highest esteem above all the hornless maggots that crawled across the earth. But they had failed to teach her any skills beyond being beautiful and a handful of beliefs that had wound up being her salvation in this dark forest. "We will see what our resident thief decides of you," she replied, her gaze drifting to the side to observe the quiet strength of Psyche, who seemed to have chosen Illynx to do the speaking for now.

Little Iosui's next words returned the mildly mocking smile to the dark lips of the corporal, her eyes moving next to the tree that was causing such distress in the white mare. Perhaps it was just a ruse to get them moving? "It is but a tree, albeit magically marked at the moment," she stated, her body angling itself to return back up the path on which Psyche and she had arrived, "there will be more like it along the way to the Basin. Do not let them rouse your discomforts too very much." And with that, the mare took a few graceful steps forward, hesitating to see if Psyche and Iosui were joining her in her venture back home; when she was sure that they were united upon the theory, the corporal continued forward, sharing what tidbits she could of the land as they progressed towards the mountain.