the Rift

[OPEN] I'm Counting Every Lie {Seele}

Agrona Posts: 115
Hidden Falls Tiro atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Seven HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable

Walking -pit pat, pit pat, pit pat- dear god that's all I've been doing for.. what, three days? Where in the hell was the sun in this godforsaken place any how? I had wandered through what seemed like an endless forest only to find myself here... in a fucking swamp. The bright eyed, pink dashed Eris had guided me here in order to meet our merry little band of crazies. This ought to be interesting enough. What their judgment of "crazy" was would really define whether or not I fit in. I guess it was rather pleasant to be guided home rather than stumble upon some manic old crow that would babble my ear off while I was in search of an outing.

Purple optics stared at a fine path that was etched carefully into the mouth of the cold pit of darkness. The trees seemed to hang low and sob at the very lack of sun light; the oxygen had left many of their now lifeless bodies long ago, for most of them were dry and dead, not a single green leaf poking up from their limbs. Ears rotated backward at the unpleasant sight of the death trap, signifying my displeasure in silence. "Joy." I mumbled under my hot breath, letting out a huff of air after word.

Well, may as well get started, no? I picked up a slow pace, finding myself crawling toward the gaping mouth of darkness. Dark, rounded hooves began to sink into the squishy path as I moved. Apparently everything was unstable here: the residence along with the terrain. Curious eyes flicked around to take in the very decaying surroundings that I would now call home. A white object stood out to me in the murky, still waters, causing my attention to naturally pull directly toward it. A body, encased by mud and bog water, lied on it's side. Half of the corpse was swallowed by the mud, allowing onto the front and back left legs to be exposed, along with the jutting barely and half of a face. Worms and maggots surely squiggled around through the hollowed out intestines and organs, feasting happily in their adolescent stage before they were to bloom into fully thriving parasites.

The image of the squishy pink body that slid from myself flashed behind open eyes, causing me to drag my vision away from the mummified corpse. Long legs continued to carry me with ease over the soft foliage, finding the spots that were squishy enough to avoid as well. Damn it, this place is a cesspool. The path slowly became narrower and less easy to navigate, so I decided to stop before I too was sucked into the deadly waters as well. My presence would be known before too long I would imagine.

"Speak." Walk walk
AgronA
All systems go, sun hasn't died
Deep in my bones, straight from inside

image credits
table by whit

Seele the Necromancer Posts: 210
Deceased atk: 5.5 |
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 hh :: five (ages orangemoon) Buff: NOVICE
Abba
I had been alone in this section of the swampy marsh land for barely any time. Travelling had taken a toll on my frame, and I knew that we now had a good handful of recruits so I was hoping to relinquish my time alone to spend mulling over my own thoughts and bickering with the four lovely voices that had the audacity to gripe over every single one of my actions. It was annoying, and no one could agree on anything. Honestly?! They needed to get a grip on themselves. So annoying. So absolutely annoying. But I was going to have to deal with it before I could really even move forward at a decent pace.

Really? You should learn how to control yourself. All this blood thirst is stupid! came the voice of Innerste as I continued to slide around through the shadows. Oh. But I could definitely control myself. It was my choice to snap their necks and listen to their blood-curdling cries into the night as they hoped that the break wasn't bad enough to take them to their death. And you shouldn't become attached to the young one with the wings! came the voice of Schwere, now beginning to take the opposite side, claiming on the age-old fight about whether emotions were a weakness or a strength. The young one needs a mother. It would do you good to help her! came the alto voice I was still becoming accustomed to as Liebling. If she wished me to take the young one on - I would. But I was only doing it in her memory - nothing more and nothing less. Unheil said nothing, just laughed.

Shaking my head, I pushed forward until I thought I had rid myself of the area which everyone was living in. And then, it seemed as though my attempt at pushing away from everyone had failed me. Once again, I had stumbled upon someone in an area I had tried to keep to myself. I kept my gaze upon her as she moved through the shadows, carefully picking her way through the foliage as she studied the floating and bloated bodies lurking along the marshy surface. I'd hope this is one of the recruits that had been gathered for this place, mein puppe. Otherwise we might have a problem. Schwere warned me.

I laughed, quietly, before allowing my voice to break into the air. "This is not a safe place for one to roam into. Please, let me know who are you are your reason for appearing?" I said, strength flooding through my maw as I pulled out of the shadows. "It would be wise to not linger too far in here without a good reason it's easy to misstep and get sucked into a horrible death." I warned, smirk upon my face as I tilted my cranium ever so slightly to the side, eyeing the mare before me.

502 words
@[Agrona]
SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
Glory and Gore go Hand in Hand
That's Why We're Making Headlines
●☽ ☾●

Adoptable

A small group of flies darted around my face as if I had just interrupted their mid-day -or night for that matter- snack. The white strings hanging from my back side immediately snapped back and forth and I tossed my skull to the left, ears set back on my neck. Alright, I've had about enough of this shit. The uncomfortable silence was cracked by a soft cackle off to my right side where I was sure there was only more swamp water. Ears pricked back up and my unnatural colored eyes found themselves trying to tear apart the darkness in order to find a face. "This is not a safe place for one to roam into-" Oh, there it is.

The voice continued for a moment before the mass of meat that created the lyrics seemed to melt out of the darkness. A mare that was actually quite small crawled from the shade, her face painted like a demonic little clown. The fact that she was watching me with such bright eyes didn't make the whole "clown" thing any better. I took a step toward the mare once she paused so I could face her directly. I stayed quiet, letting the nameless white face continue on with her second sentence.

"-it's easy to misstep and get sucked into a horrible death." I smirked coyly at the female, noting her very appearance as I watched her speak. "I took notice of that once I saw the first bloated fuck," I raised an eyebrow with the last word, the grin still playing eagerly at the edges of my dark lips. "thanks though." I paused to scribble down in my metaphorical hand book that this doll face too held a horn; though hers was interesting enough to distract the best of them: glass, in all it's shininess.

The muscles of my face relaxed once more, loosening my lips into the straight line they normally fell into. "Agrona." I added second after my oh-so-sweet response. Ears rotated forward in order to gather every word the clown would speak next. I continued to stare at her, reminding myself that daddy never told me it was rude, so it must have not mattered much. It was some bitch from another herd that happened to let me in on the little subject when I was young; I had followed the warriors into a territory they has snatched up days before, side by side with daddy.

"Eris brought me here. Who are you, doll face?" The smirk returned, fleshing out over my whole face in order to deceive a friendly smile.

"Speak." Walk walk
@[Seele]

AgronA
I counted my blessings,
now I'll count this curse

image credits
table by whit

Abba
I shifted my weight ever so slightly, laughing as she responded to the fact that it was so easy to be slipped away into a world of death in these areas of the marsh. She's not completely idiotic. At least came Schwere's voice as I eyed the mare shifting just enough to look at me head on.

The muscles in her face relaxed and I smirked a little, watching as she gave me her name that I stored away in my memory for safe-keeping. She seemed to like staring, and I couldn't tell if it was from my curls around my eyes, the glass horn, glass hooves, or even the yellow eyes. The muscles on her face continued to relax until she allowed her voice to pull back out into the air, saying that Eris had brought her here. "I see she ditched you at the border," I tsked a couple times with a laugh. "So normal. I am Seele. The other leader of the Asylum." I explained shuffling my weight just a little to position myself better. "I see you were crazy enough to join us?" I purred, poison still dripping from my maw.

Then, swishing my tail I bobbed my head toward the thicker expanses of the forest-like marsh land we were residing in. "This way toward the safer ground. Don't need our newest recruit joining our cadavers." I laughed, starting into the thicker brush with careful steps toward where the rest of the horses. "So. Explain some about yourself- so we can see where you will fit in our little family..." I spoke as I began to navigate the terrain, ears pricked and listening to the sounds behind me awaiting her response.

297 words
so short ._.
@[Agrona]
Seele
you better run to survive, before she makes you her latest slaughter
Credits
●☽ ☾●
●☽ ☾●

Adoptable

We seemed intent with watching each other so closely, our colorful eyes absorbing each other in silence between the few seconds of being mute. She broke the wave of still air between us with a response on the red haired mare that lead me home: "I see she ditched you at the boarder, so normal-" My ears both flicked forward at the sharp click of her wet tongue on the roof of her mouth. The small red hued mare finally introduced herself as Seele, questioning my mental state, wondering if I were to actually fit in. I simply shrugged, my expression staying flat. Why are they so set on my brain? Oh.. The Asylum. That's why.

Seele bobbed her painted clown face toward the depths of the swamp, suggesting that it would be something terrible if I were to join their.. cadavers, as she called them. The word made me smile again, the corners pulling up awkwardly and uneven on both sides, "Agreed, let's." She started before I did, and I attempted to match her careful steps as I followed. This was when I noticed that her hooves, too, were made of glass. Perhaps all of her bones where. Now wouldn't that be interesting?

As we walked, Seele wanted me to explain myself, "-so we can see where you will fit in our little family..." she explained. I let my brain conjure up some witty, slick lies that I could let my new family in on. Alone, never knew how to take care of myself, mental case due to no socialization? No, that wouldn't do. Perhaps this and that; I rambled in my brain for a quick second before concluding that I should probably just let my new foster family in on my history.

"I was raised by my father in his herd, which we called the Meelan. He trained me from a very young age to become a blood-thirsty killer much like himself. So...." I paused, hating to get into any detail "That's how it went." I ended my short story, following closely behind the neatly kept dark mare in silence.

"Speak." Walk walk
@[Seele]

AgronA
I counted my blessings,

image credits
table by whit

Abba
As I questioned if the mare would fit in she shrugged. Simple enough answer, expression completely flat. She was slightly reserved. Lovely. I didn't care - as long as she could fight. As I began to lead her into the depths of these marsh I made comment of the cadavers, and when I had turned my head back to ensure she was following I noticed a smirk upon her maw.

She agreed with moving farther into the marsh onto the safer lands and so I asked for an idea of what she was like. Her words did not come quickly. She seemed to be thinking on the matter. I closed my eyes for a mere couple of seconds as I pushed the voices that were ebbing at the corners of my brain. If she was lying it would not be very nice. Whatever impression she gave me should be the same. If she claimed to be able to heal she better be able to do so. If she claimed she could fight - same thing. I was not about to deal with someone who thought they could lie their way into here.

She started to speak, explaining about being raised by her father, and raised to be a killer - blood-thirsty much like Eris and I. I bobbed my head in acceptance as Scwhere cussed a little, saying something about how learning to fight did not make one blood-thirsty. How he simply fought for the adrenaline rush not the blood on his hooves. But, since I didn't pay particular attention to his nonsensical babbling I only managed a small smirk. "Well then, I believe you will fit in just fine. Especially if you take up a blood warrior position. Their sole purpose is to fight and protect the herd if someone actually thinks they can take us." I explained, German consonants still ingrained into my speech.

Finally edging into the safer area I stopped, seeing that the rest of the herd seemed to be lurking in the shadows. How unfortunate... Going to have to force people to meet, now wasn't I.

353 words
@[Amara] && @[Agrona]
Amara's playing cute tag-along xD
SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
●☽ ☾●

Amara Posts: 136
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sameira :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire dark

AMARA
We are the ocean, pushing and pulling others to us

I had crept along behind Seele, but I remained at a distance. Sameira was by my side, tripping over her own paws as I followed Seele in the shadows. Although, I was sidetracked when Sameira started running after some strange creature. Sighing, I had no choice but to run after her. Even though she was only three weeks, she was fast on her paws. Her floppy ears twitched as she raced after whatever she was chasing (it appeared to be a lost creature of sorts. Maybe a squirrel or a rabbit). I was behind her, hot on her heels.

She skidded to a halt after only a few yards, her juvenile body already tired out. I allowed her to get on my back and rest before I turned around and realized I had no idea where Seele had gone. I closed my eyes and tried to think, where had she headed? After standing there for quite a while I decided to just walk whichever way. Thankfully, it was the right way to go.

I caught up with Seele, but there was another horse. Another mare, she had a bay body and two horns jutting out from her brow. Shyly, I slipped from the shadows to behind Seele, my nose bumping against her hind leg as I stared at the stranger. She had white hair that fell over her shoulders, but she had a bay body, it was interesting for me, seeing as how most bay horses had black or dark brown hair. I tried to hide myself from the stranger, but Seele's legs weren't the best place to hide behind. I kept quiet for now, as I kept my eyes on the strange mare. Was she safe? Was she going to hurt me? Or was she going to hurt Seele? Or maybe she wanted to join the Asylum!

Was Seele trying to get the mare to join our family? Inside I hoped she would join us, but I tried not to show the excitement on the outside. Instead I kept myself behind Seele, my hooves moving in time with hers. I looked back at the stranger, still a little suspicious of who she was.

”Talk talk talk.”
[[it's short... but i'm tired. -shrug- it's almost 4:30am e.o]]

Image Credit

@[Seele] & @[Agrona]

Adoptable

"-Especially if you take up a blood warrior position." I glanced back up from the dark toned ground as Seele spoke; her rough voice winding it's way through my skull and making quite the dent in my interest. My ears bobbed slightly as we moved, staying perched forward in order to listen to my new leader. "That sounds like the only thing I will really be much use for." We continued moving through the dead forest; the smell of the sticky swamp mud fading as we moved. That or the smell was already cloaking my body enough for me to get used to.

Tiny hooves kicked and dug at the squishy ground beside me, a bronze colored body showing up next to me to tag along behind Seele as I did. I looked down to see a small chestnut filly; her wings still not fully developed along with the rest of her body. A small black creature spread across her back, a canine of some sort. The dog's body curled lovingly against the foal's rib cage, pushing my brain to the result of a companionship. She seemed to be trying to avoid me. Very understandable; young minds knew no better than to do what they have been taught.

I brought my attention back up to the beaten path before us that seemed to dissipate from the darkness as we moved along. Eventually the path opened into a wide space; the trees seemed to be pushed away from the opening, suggesting solid ground. I paused, my ivory tail flicking back and forth, strings wrapping around each leg with the swift movement.

"So this is home, I suppose." I nodded to myself, purple gaze shifting from the left to right slowly, trying to see everything that the darkness allowed. Once I had seen a good 360 degree snap shot of the barren swamp, I glanced down to the filly again. "Who is this?" My voice hollowed out, a blunt tone that I had completely come to master. I blinked at the foal, looking her over once more; the front quarter of her body was dotted with small white spots that continued to crawl up her far wing.

"Speak." Walk walk
@[Seele] & @[Amara]

AgronA
I counted my blessings,

image credits
table by whit

Abba
The mare seemed interested in the warrior position, her audits perking up at the mention of blood. "Good," I returned with a nod of approval. "Now, you need to know that along with fighting you'll have to instruct others in learning self-defense. Everyone needs to know how to fight out here otherwise they risk being killed. That is something we cannot have happen." I explain before shifting my weight to the side a little just to allow the tiny foal room to scurry around underneath my feet. Her wings folded protectively around the hellhound situated upon her back. I gave the little one a protective bump with my maw against her pole before I stopped in the middle of the open area.

Home. Yes. It was going to be home for the moment. We would find a better suited one soon enough. I would make sure of it. And then, after she did a 360 surveillance of the land. "The entire marsh is home, though this is the safest area. Be careful of the path - not all are safe and there is only one way in and out. Meetings will be held here." I explained as she focused her attention upon the foal. "This is Amara - in training to be whatever she would like that would benefit our herd. Amara, this is Agrona, she will be joining our family." I finished, shifting my weight ever so slightly. I smiled a little at the foal before gently blowing upon the hellhound on her back. It was time that they all finally became a family. It was time that everyone met each other and grew close. We would need it in order to gain the land we were so desiring.

300 words
@[Amara] && @[Agrona]
SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
●☽ ☾●