the Rift

[OPEN] [Endless Night] The tides are turning vile

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

Kri's hooves land on the back of the monster's neck, but she was most likely not prepared for the response. A hole appeared in the darkness and a bubble of acid flew backward in response, aiming to engulf the mare in the caustic liquid if she did not get out of the way soon enough. The creature, only three limbs left, crouched like a cat and hissed a breath of wind, curling to glare up at the winged mare.

All along the spine of the windy beast, holes opened up and bubbled with sacs of acid that were propelled in the air. At the last moment, the beast twisted its back, sending the sacks flying in all different directions, creating a veritable mine field in the sky.

The beast let go of Phaedra's tail when blinding lights flashed in its face, but not out of any sort of infatuation. The creature had no gender and had no sexuality or even a preference. It simply was, and it was hungry. A composition of darkness and wind has no loyalties, has no love, and has no emotions. The beast only knows the importance of survival, of eating, and then releasing most of itself onto this land.

Paladin was lucky that the beast had been distracted enough by the flying menace and the sparkling morsel that his loud, noisy lungs went, for the most part, ignored. However, that did not last long. The stallion's horn cuts through the windy darkness and manages to spring a slight leak, but the beast quickly rocks back onto its two, hind limbs, tearing the windy, smoky limb from the stallion's back hooves. Instead, the beast spits another sack of acid straight from it's darkened maw, aiming for just beside the dark one.

What emerged from the sack was not poison, not this time. At least twenty, crab-like creatures made of inky black scuttled quickly from the sack, their heads shaped like malformed foal's heads sticking up from the top of six legged bodies. The eyeless heads toddled back and forth as the creatures ran after Paladin, trying to take him down in inky blackness and devour him whole.

Reizend remained unlucky. A gust of wind burst forth from the leg she had weakened and sent the mare careening into the ocean where her head had unfortunately landed against a boulder. Her body slumped into the shallows and the half of the crabs turned from Paladin to scuttle toward her limp body.

The combined effort of Paladin having weakened the leg along with Smoke and Seele made Eris', Confutatis' and Apodis' efforts true. With a tearing ripping sound of sucking wind, the other limb fell into the ocean and disappeared in a wisp of thick, curling black smoke.

Now, the beast was weakened. Too weakened by these little snacks. It coughed up three more sacks of crabs so that now nearly forty of them scuttled across the beach. They moved in a thick, inky, cluster of a wave, trying to latch onto a limb and crawl up and over each other to devour their prey.

A few of them had caught onto the trio that had felled the other forelimb, latching onto their tails and fetlocks with inky claws, the strange, horse heads aiming to bite their legs and hips. The bit of the crab-like demons was poisonous and would paralyze the offending muscle, and the dark beast waited until the little snacks figured all of this out on their own.

[ Reizand has been knocked out and may no longer participate. ]

Paladin the Valiant Posts: 153
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 15 Years Buff: DANCE
Tamme

I WANT TO FEEL THE PAIN AND THE BITTER TASTE
OF THE BLOOD ON MY LIPS AGAIN</style>

Paladin had obeyed Kri's booming, commanding words. She was right. Once the limbs were gone, perhaps the monster would be short enough to reach the more vital sections.

On Paladin's quick loop, he watched as the beast turned to Kri, and the stallion could only watch and hope that the chestnut mare was able to navigate her way through the strange poison cannons. He took the distractions to his advantage, trying not to look at the other winged mare who sparkled and shone so... temptingly. He had never been distracted in this way in battle, and he had fought many, beautiful mares. Was it some sort of magic? Nevermind, focus.

The stallion managed to stab the remaining leg with his horn, watching as a strange, smoky darkness leaked from the gash in the windy exterior. As he turned to kick, the monster rose up, exposing its belly, but the stallion had no way of even reaching the tender underside, not with how massive this creature was. Instead, he had to end up dodging another sack of poison, but the beast seemed to have poor aim because it missed entirely. Or so he thought.

When Paladin turned back, he was being chased by the most disturbing creature he had ever seen. Black crabs with the heads of foals on their back scuttled after him, and the stallion was instantly glad that his tail had already been burned off to his hocks. They had nothing on which to gain purchase except his hind legs. The black dun shot off from the beach, losing the tiny monsters for but a moment before skidding in the sand and tearing back at the inky creatures with his ivory maw bared viciously.

Ears were flattened against his skull, and he let a brutal war cry escape from his lungs as he jumped on top of the crabs, slashed out with his front hooves, trying to crush the inky beasts into the sand. Unfortunately, he managed to get bitten by one on a stagnant hind leg, and instantly, the area seemed to lose all sensation. Paladin jumped from the fray and awkwardly limped away, his back fetlock not even working as he dragged the hind limb behind him, snorting in irritation.

The others had managed to tear off the other limb, but now more of the crab things were scuttling along the beach. "Do NOT let them bite you!" he called. "You will lose the area entirely."

Horse

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

I'LL WEAVE YOUR NAMES INTO MY RIBCAGE,</style>
lock your hearts inside my chest.</style>

They follow my orders, surprisingly. I am amused by how easy it is to command others when they are placed in a stressful situation. I think many just look for any leader, any direction. Directions and a plan are better than chaotic fighting. I smile as I see the limb tear, my plan unfolding perfectly. I dive, my hooves peeling through the wind and causing a gash in the neck of the monster. My eyes widen terribly as I see a large, dark bubble of nothing good rising from the wound.

Backtracking as fast as I possibly can, my wings push down, the wind sending me up faster than any other winged fool in Helovia, but not quite fast enough to avoid the bubble of acid breaking open on the bottom of my legs, caustic substance burn the flesh almost instantly as I squeal in pain. I dive back down, my legs dipping into the freezing water for relief before I spiral back up, only to find that the air had become a minefield of acid orbs.

"GOD DAMN IT," I yell, my pain-frazzled mind sending wind magic to tear the orbs out of my path ahead of me, one of them extremely resistant grazes across my hip, searing the hair off of my rump and leaving delicate flesh behind. Just my luck, I think to myself, before swirling about in place to look back at the ocean, seeing disturbing crabs crawling across the water. Gifted with wings, I would not be affected by the crabs. The others needed me to help destroy the main threat.

Focusing my magic down below, I begin to decrease the air pressure within and surrounding the monster of wind, hoping that he would expand and explode, unable to keep the densely knit wind fibers together, unraveling and leaving behind nothing but the inky, disturbing crabs.

KRI the Resolute</style>
I WILL GIVE YOUR HEART A PLACE TO REST AFTER EVERYTHING YOU HAD HAS TURNED AND LEFT.</style>

Seele the Necromancer Posts: 210
Deceased atk: 5.5 |
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 hh :: five (ages orangemoon) Buff: NOVICE
Abba
I... What was this thing?! You need to keep moving! Schwere continued to yell in my head. But, my eyes saw Reizend get knocked to the side, her entire body passing out. No. Now was not the time to worry about an Asylum member getting injured in battle. I would have to take care of her when this was over. No words escaped my mouth as the creature collapsed backwards, it's limb torn off. Good, at least the monster couldn't move too well now.

But. What on earth were these crabs?! The sound of the winged one from the sky yelled out again, and as I peer back up I see acid shooting toward her. Life just got a million times worse, now didn't it? With a huff I began to start to edge back toward the shore, attempting to figure out these black creatures that were attempting to crawl up toward me. Kicking out with glass hooves I bolted closer and closer toward the shore.

A war cry snapped me to attention and I was looking at the stag who was now upon the sand attempting to crush the crabs. The crabs! SEELE AVOID THE CRABS! Innerste screeched in my cranium as I continued to kick out. Don't let them bite me?! Lose the area entirely?! I felt like a fool, but I was now hopping around attempting to play hop-skotch on the areas that the crabs were not located upon. Two hooves up, smash down on some crabs. Other hooves up, smash down on some more crabs. It was horrible, and the pain from my burned, acid eroded flesh was beginning to take a toll."Get. Away. Get. Away. GET AWAY!" I screamed at the creatures, not like they would actually listen in the first place. And then, I bolted about ten feet back before attempting to speak a few of the with my horn only to give up on that as quickly as I'd started and return to my futile attempts at crushing the ever multiplying inky crabs.

Oh. Who was I kidding? Maybe we were going to die today...

359 words
I don't like these crabs >.> <.< >.>
SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
Glory and Gore go Hand in Hand
That's Why We're Making Headlines
●☽ ☾●

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud
A STORY FOREVER TOLD, BUT NEVER OLD.
A WARM ARRIVAL NEVER LEFT SO COLD.
</style>

Hot damn; now what?

Although her body glittered as if someone had turned on a hot pink light bulb inside her chest, it apparently had no effect on the creature. If she wasn't so busy trying to avoid being eaten, she likely would have made a comment about that being a first. However, as it stood, she was too busy for such thoughts.

"KRI" She bellowed, as she watched the Sultana direct a burst of wind towards the rapidly gathering crabs. Phaedra, having only sparred twice, was poorly suited in such a physical battle where her physicality meant little. She had a shaky relationship with the Sultana to say the least, but in a situation where she could likely hinder the groups efforts with an ill-advised attack, she assumed the chocolate mare would spare her some advice.

From the corner of her eye, she watched the bright orangey-yellow face of her companion, darting about. Stella, a secretary bird who's regular diet consisted of crabs among other things, trilled delightfully. Her bright-white wing span was a blur, as she darted about the crabs, attempting to pick them up, and either shake the life from their bodies, or throw them haphazardly into the sea. Phaedra reinforced this behavior, looking uncertainly towards Kri, as she didn't know if this was a worthwhile strategy or not.

Her golden body hung above the fray, daring not to get too close to the creature whom she could not reasonable fight with any of the skills she possessed, but disliking the feeling of being so utterly useless.

Image Credits
 HP: 45.5

Smoke the Wild Rose Posts: 128
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 hh :: 10 Buff: SWIFT
Zaffre :: Common Blue Dragon :: Fire Breath Kachie
A grim smile wreathed the grulla's mare's features as the combined efforts of herself and her battlefield comrades wrenched another limb from the creature. It was weakened, made near immobile. But it was far from without a few tricks up its sleeve.

Orbs of poison rained out of the sky once more, forcing mare and dragon to swerve and dodge. One splashed down beside the Wild Rose, spraying droplets against her barrel that burned and sizzled. Snorting at the pain, she plunged into a wave to wash the poison away, only to wrench her head around at the image that floated into her mind through her bond.

Unnatural crabs were strewn through the shallows and the shore, the mockery of a foal's head sprouting from their backs and snapping at anything near and living. White-edged ears swept back against her skull, seeing them swarm for Paladin. Her mind flashed back to a different swarm of crabs, entirely different in form and source but the same in essence. A threat to her herdmate, one to be crushed.

Guided by eyes in the sky Smoke lunged forward, splashing tremendously through the water with deadly intent in her heart. Teeth bared and head lowered, she rushed the crabs around Paladin, snapping to catch the nearest in her jaws and crush its foal's-head between her teeth. Quick hooves lashed to smash others as she ploughed through to the Valiant's side, weaving a thread of darkness and wind around his paralyzed fetlock to chase away the poison.

Agile wings shadowed the pair as Zaffre dove intermittently down to snag an unwitting crab from the outskirts of the crowd, carrying it aloft by the back of the head to rend it with razor sharp teeth. The little dragon gave the crippled monster a wide berth now, partly in respect of the continuing threat and partly to avoid the warped winds of Kri.

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

Paladin manged to crush at least ten of the crabs, and with each crab death, the wind monster weakened. Kri's winds managed to cripple the large monster entirely, and with a loud shockwave of power, the creature erupted into smoke, ash and darkness. The Sultana had defeated the monster.

The crabs were easily taken care of by Paladin, Smoke, Phaedra and Phaedra's companion. Without the direction of their host, the crabs were lost, easy bait for hooves, teeth and beaks.

Seele, even despite her panic, managed to kill the last three with stomps of her hooves. The beach returned to its calm, the crab bodies and slivers of black smoke littering the beach. White crested waves returned back to their normal rhythm, leaving the heroes breathless on the beach.

Congratulations! You have successfully saved Helovia!

Random List: http://images.helovia.net/index.php/view/51fe985722dd1

Prizes:
1. Paladin - Moon Magic/Upgrade
2. Smoke - Custom Item made from magical wind and hardened darkness from the Monster
3. Kri - Bottle of Strangling Wind and Darkness & Glowing Marking (purple, black, gray)
4. Seele - Moon Amulet & Glowing Marking (purple, black, gray)
5. Phaedra - Moon Amulet

These prizes can be applied to other characters and will go into your master/ooc prize list! If you want to apply them to a character now, please do so in the Character Records Updates thread in the Updates Board.