the Rift

[OPEN] [Endless Night] Green Wrath

Merakerr Posts: 24
World's Edge Philosopher
Mare :: Other :: 3 ft :: 6
Kachie
Maybe its not safe to stay up heeeeereeee... Clinging to a tree, the young gryphon held on as she went on a somewhat terrifying ride on the monster's back as it lurched sideways into a mountain. Golden eyes noticed another combatant dive down and strike at the creature's head even as she leapt to tackle the same target. A flutter of her wings had her plunging into the opening made there. Talons and beak caught and tore and pulled at the woven vines.

Her own hint that things were making an effect was the halting of a low rumbling sound she hadn't realized was happening. The cessation had her looking up in surprise, and a good thing too. Vines snaked toward her through the air in a malicious fashion. Alarmed, she flung herself forward and up over the beast's head, nearly outracing the grasping vines. One managed to catch her tail, halting her upward climb for a few precious heartbeats. Defiantly she kicked at it, claws extended as she tugged away, finally getting loose at the expense of some fur.

Airborne, she watched for a few seconds as the beast lurched forward again, until she saw that it had plans for a prone figure on the ground. Keen on causing more damage, she dove forward, bypassing the vine-guarded chasm and dropping over the beast's head. A flip of her wings had her diving for the creature's left eye, talons reaching out to scrabble around the edges for grip, fully intent on blinding this monster. The emerald would make a nice prize as well, should she be able to drag it home.

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

mesec</style>
      boy of the night fell from the stars</style>

There was so much going on; explosions, screaming, the sound of rocks crumbling from the mountainside; I wasn't sure where to focus anymore.

The monster had learned from its past mistake, and as I kicked out to try and rid it of the remaining eye, it leaned back and I felt my hooves hit nothing but air. My ears flickered back in irritation, but I made sure that I didn't remain in such a dangerous location for long. Once more the darkness consumed my body, but with my strength slowly beginning to wane, I wasn't so quick to vanish.

When my body came back into view, I found myself once more above the monster, watching as my old Foothills brother, Hototo, flew quickly away from our enemy, but was just as soon swiped from the air and knocked rather harshly into the face of the mountain. With eyes wide, I shouted, the cold fingers of fear gripping at my heart. "Hototo!!" I called out, watching uselessly as the grullo was brought to a stop thanks to the mountain, but much to my relief, he seemed to recover and leap right back into the action.

Breathing a sigh of relief, I made a note to check on him after the battle, granted we won out against this monstrosity. We would, we had to, for the sake of ourselves and those who were ignorant to what was happening. Taking a closer look at the monster, I spied strange looking vines at the back of its head; if I were to sever them, would it put an end to our foe? But before I could put myself there, the monster leapt forward, his aim directed at a downed mare and a golden-backed grullo whom I didn't know. Once again, fear pumped through my veins for the strangers, and I was instantly on the move.

Willing my magic to come quickly, I appeared at the backside of the monster's neck, dropping my head to clamp onto one of the vines to aid in steadying myself and to hang on. At the same time I thrashed my horn about, hoping to cut away at the exposed vines and help bring the beast down once and for all.

"talk."

Credits
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

The earthen beast had roasted a few of the morsels who had fallen to the ground, and he leaped toward them, wooden jaws open. A few more vines were tugged from his neck by Hototo, and the beast faltered, sidling sideways as the entire left half of its body seemed to go numb.

A horn scraped along its underbelly felled the beast, and it struggled to right itself as poisonous green liquid poured from an internal reserve. The beast thrashed on the ground, blinking its remaining eye as it watched for a way out. Talons from Merakerr swiftly and easily removed the last emerald from its socket.The pouring liquid began to slow, but the final blow was delivered by Mesec.

A large, cable-like vine from its skull was torn, and the creature fell, eyes closing and body turning lifeless. The leaking fluid finally came to a stop and the world turned quiet again, almost too quiet.

Congratulations! You have successfully saved Helovia!

Random List: http://images.helovia.net/index.php/view/51fe92d352ad5

Prizes:
1. d'Art - Earth Magic or Upgrade
2. Hototo - Custom Item made from emeralds, wood, vines, etc
3. Deimos - Bottle of Green Poison Blood & Glowing Marking (brown, green, or blue)
4. Mesec - Bottle of Green Poison Blood
5. Lace - Earth Amulet & Glowing Marking (brown, green, or blue)
6. Merakerr - Earth Amulet

These prizes can be applied to other characters and will go into your master/ooc prize list! If you want to apply them to a character now, please do so in the Character Records Updates thread in the Updates Board.