the Rift

[OPEN] [Endless Night] The tides are turning vile

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

The tides turn rapidly, the ocean swelling up the silver sands in the face of the newly risen moon. Waves lap raucously across the surface, tearing up small plants along the beach and reclaiming sand. Violent waves, relentlessly furthering their travels, but soon, the cause is seen.

Heavy winds surge along the coast, stopping to twist along the surface of the ocean in the face of a large moon, slowly coiling around what looks like pure darkness in the pale, ethereal light. Limbs of strange, floating darkness laced with white strands of fast moving air grow into a large being. The torso begins to stretch, limbs long and lanky, upward toward the sky. Strange, obsidian armor forms along the body and matching claws form themselves at the ends of the appendages of the massive monster standing on the shore of the violent waters.

A beast at the beach, tall enough to partially blot out the moon's light. A haunting face forming on a head formed of shifting wind and darkness. Acrid, fuschia eyes gleam with hatred and, most importantly, hunger. "Hhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeelllloooovvvvviaaaaaaaaaa," it roars into the distance, calling forth the destruction with a powerful gale of a voice.

Limbs give forth to movement, with strange, glowing orbs being thrown outward, exploding upon impact on the ground with the fizzle of poison.

Will there be a hero to stand against a monster of darkness?

[Four monsters are appearing across the lands. Your character can choose to only respond to one monster since they are appearing simultaneously in four separate locations]

[You may choose to attack in the first post if you wish!]

Paladin the Valiant Posts: 153
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 15 Years Buff: DANCE
Tamme

I WANT TO FEEL THE PAIN AND THE BITTER TASTE
OF THE BLOOD ON MY LIPS AGAIN</style>

Paladin jerked his head up, watching as the moon rose in the sky, illuminating the waters in a familiar way. The black dun stallion furrowed his brows, however, at a disturbance on the water. He had ventured south for another exercise in the deep sand, trying to break free the aches that had begun to plague his joints and to keep himself fit enough for battle, but it seemed that battle may be arriving early on this moonlit night.

The stallion paused, squinting his crimson orbs to try and make out the shape in the distance. He realized with a crash of his heart to his hooves that the monsters was above his eyeline, nearly plotting out the moon in a disturbing silhouette. What should have been a body was made up of a swirling darkness with white fangs. Somehow, a type or armor plated its body and it began to move forward toward the sand. Orbs of unsavory make flung onto the sand and the smell made the stallion back away, able to almost taste the poison linger on the roof of his mouth.

Glowing eyes marked the location of a face and thus a skull, giving Paladin enough of a biological marker for battle. He narrowly dodged a poison orb by dancing to the side and leaping forward, and as the creature screeched the name of his land, he surged toward the monster, white tail streaming behind his fit and tried form. Should this be the day of his death, let it come in battle. Let songs of heroism be sung in his name and the lips of children whisper his name in worship.

"You know nothing of the name you speak, demon! he roared. The old general settled into a familiar pattern of cause and effect, steeling his mind and allowing the blackness inside his own soul to rise. He was raised in war and blood, and the taint in him reveled in destruction. In these moments, he allowed that taint to run, to fuel his body in a way that gentle passion would never be able to.

Paladin dipped his chin to his chest and braced the muscles along the back of his neck. He dodged another poison orb and then lunged, aiming to impale the beast's leg with his pearly white horn. If they could cripple the beast, then perhaps they could fell it, bring it down to their level.

Horse

Apodis Posts: 39
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 :: 12 Buff: NOVICE
Eaglecry

Apodis

I've become much too good at being invincible, I'm an expert at play it safe, and keep it cool
But I swear this isn't who I'm meant to be, I refuse to let my life roll all over me...

The Moon. A white orb glowing bright in the darkness. The sudden cast of light hurt the golden bukskins eye's, having gotten use to such dim surroundings. Something was changing. The lands grew brighter and a acrid taste lingered in the air. coffee stained nostrils flared as the scent burnt the insides. He could taste the change in the air, taste the vile, as the opalescent dish amognst the sky was sudenly blotted out. A swirling form rose, the sound of air being sucked through a cave, sounded as this thing formed above Helovia. The vile scent now much stronger than before.

Getting to his darkened limbs he pushed forward through the dune grass. Sand blew viscously through the air, burning his orbs as it wipped by. teh waves were crashing against the shore, a fight breaking out between the two. It must have been something to do with this thing forming. He saw them then another like him upon this beach, seeming to be facing up to such a creature. A bold and brave unicorn. Though that was short lived when he backed of, But who would not back of from such a creature.

It spoke. sending a chill down his spine, a shiver running throughout his torso. Perhaps he chose here at the wrong time, or maybe it was the latter. The buckskin would do anything to help these people, even if that meant to loose his life. The flash of light made him jump, memories still plagued his mind, causing him to be so of gaurd and not in shape to fight.

However he moved foaward, joining this black stallions side, hoping he would not turn on him, hoping that everyone put aside their bitterness and joined sides to save this land of whatever was happening here. Just as he stepped forth the black one had lunged at the beat, wepaons drawn. Now he wished he had such a thing, but would it help? This creature was not made up of a solid form, though the armour he bared was...

Apodis gathered all his strength and charged forward with a lightening speed, though small and deinty in build he had speed and stamina on his side, darting a orb by the skin of his teeth as it flashed by his rump, Just singing the hairs of his tail, sending a rage through him, his mode to fight, to save everyone was now fully switched on. His charge contiuned as he threw oneself at this beast.

"Talk Talk Talk."
image credits
table by whit
[Image: 525f791c057b6]64HP
[Image: 52878c6669a55]
Lines by bronzehalo

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

I'LL WEAVE YOUR NAMES INTO MY RIBCAGE,</style>
lock your hearts inside my chest.</style>

All had seemed calm when I left the forests of my friend the Dragonheart, seeking a moment's respite to train in a more rigorous landscape. The trees offered agility training, for once had to be light of hoof to avoid colliding with the many trunks, but I found myself having to work for hours to get the same feeling of exhaustion I would training in my home. My stay in the World's Edge had left me longing for the sands of the desert. The footing offered a training you could get in no other environment, unless, of course, you could travel to a beach. Much like Paladin, though I had no idea we were so similar in training, I too slipped away from the misty forests the night the moon rose. My wings carried me swiftly, granted once more the freedom of the wind. It danced along me happily, as though we were only friends being reunited.

My feathers brush the sky painted with a bright flush of stars, my mane twisting and turning about joyfully as I flew, a smile on my face. With all of my worries trapped in my heart, it was good to fly like this once more.

Good, until I saw with horror stricken eyes the creature rising above the ocean.

"Son of a bitch," I say, my lips curling about to form a strong sneer. Could I never get a damn break in this land? Quickly, my dark eyes scour the land below for others who might aid in my battle of this... thing which grows and grows. Would it ever stop? I see a familiar body below, but sigh inwardly. As if this would not be difficult enough as is, I would have to watch Paladin's ass now too. Another figure below caught my attention, running blindly forward, or so it seemed. No fear, but maybe there should have been. After all, this thing was massive.

Then, it roared. The sound of the land's name, gurgled loudly and drawn out, calling forth citizens of our homes to do battle. I will gladly accept this monster's challenge.

I soar upward, spiraling to raise in altitude above the creature's head. I move swiftly, attempting to guard the sound of my whistling feathers with gales of wind that rustle with my command. I circle above the massive creature oozing with darkness, tossing what looked like dark set plasma outward to the beach. I observe my target for a few moments, noticing the swirling strands of white which decorate its body. My brows knit together for a moment as I wonder what the hell it is. Then, I hear the swirl of moment; it is wind. I smirk devilishly, almost laughing with joyous glee. Instead, a steely glint rises over the dark blue of my eyes and I dive downward, aiming for a plate of obsidian on its left shoulder, at the same time, I begin to tug at the wind along the left arm.

Attempting to unwind the strings of air which tied it in place, tugging with all my might toward it. "Happy to see me?" I cackle down toward Paladin, hoping to have loosened a limb.

[ Attempts to dive into the left shoulder while working her wind magic to try and "untie" the wind holding the left arm in place. ]

KRI the Resolute</style>
I WILL GIVE YOUR HEART A PLACE TO REST AFTER EVERYTHING YOU HAD HAS TURNED AND LEFT.</style>

Smoke the Wild Rose Posts: 128
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 hh :: 10 Buff: SWIFT
Zaffre :: Common Blue Dragon :: Fire Breath Kachie
Her first hints of the first signs of returning normality was the appearance of the stars, noticed first as peculiar firefly-lights that didn't dance about before it registered that these lights were something more natural. Quiet awe rose as she walked out from beneath the cover of the Edge's trees, seeking a better glimpse of the tapestry of stars, turning to warm delight as her dark eyes fell upon the rising silver orb of the moon and felt an answering stir within her soul.

The Moon was back, and with her the healer's magic of the Edge. Never before had the Moon Doctor felt more joy in feeling the blessing of the gods nestled within her, though there was still an empty space within her. That place where her namesake dwelt, only half filled with the Moon's darkness. It was still missing the Sun's fire, and thus no billowing cloud of smoke would come when she called. Her heart ached, knowing her oldest magic, the one she'd sacrificed so much for, was still unaccessible.

An ear twitched then, catching an unusual sound. An out-of-place squall, rising out of nowhere on the shore. Her gaze lowered from the pale face of the moon to watch the tossing, frothing waves. Then her gaze narrowed, ears perked. There was something... off, about what she was watching. Something was... growing from the waves. Something dark and menacing, veined with white, faced with glittering obsidian. A sense of dread washed through her, sharpened when fuschia-hued eyes open in a wind-formed face, alight with malice and unabated hunger. A devil of the air and darkness, a dark counterpart of the Moon's powers. Like a storm's wind moaning through the cliff-side forests, it bellowed out a single word, drawn-out and full of destructive promise. Helovia.

No. Not again. You shall not have my home! With that her ears swept back, grim determination welling up to fuel her body's swift forward surge into motion. Onto the beaches she raced, scattering up loose sand beneath her hooves, slowed only momentarily before she found firmer purchase on surf-soaked sand. Her movement had coincided with the creature's, a flailing of limbs that cast out a rain of glowing orbs. But they were not the only two to move. A ruckus of shaken limbs announced the flight of the blue dragon who shared her soul, his jade eyes noticing the movements of smaller figures on the distant shore before the beast, and in the air around it. Familiar forms in Kri and Paladin, a recognition of comradeship with the unknown equine who shared the battlefield.

The Wild Rose and her dragon partner were far enough away that few of those poisonous orbs flew out as far as they, and those few were ignored for they fell at a distance to either side. But the ones that fell before them? Simple precaution had the grulla slowing, allowing herself the chance to dodge around and leap over fizzling puddles in the sand. And then she was there, amidst the fighting.

"Don't make me have to patch you up after this!" She shouted at her old friends, off-handedly including Apodis in the verbal bantering. Swaying around Paladin, she put on a fresh burst of speed as she charged into Kri's wake, throwing her weight into the potentially weakened limb.

Meanwhile, Zaffre had flown up. Daring, fearless, he flew at the face of the beast, reaching out with claws and teeth for the creature's eyes, shrieking his defiance. He had no problem whatsoever in serving as distraction for his bonded and her companions in war.

Confutatis the World Eater Posts: 179
Hidden Account atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2hh :: 9 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Mongrel :: Common Kitsune :: Dark Illusions wanda
CONFUTATIS
I've been eaten from the inside out

The moon rose into the sky, shrouding the world of darkness in sweet silver kisses, painting the world in perfect creams and gilded whites, light blues and charming purples. And so the mistress of the sky was back, spreading her glorious ebony wings, enveloping the lonely world abandoned by the gods in her soothing presence. Yet she did not reveal her more earthly form, she did not walk the earth; but why? Why would she refrain, when she had been gone so many long winter months? Emaciated as a starved dog, Lady Death rose from her erratic, uneasy sleep and moved forth to explore the moon-washed earth, a silent monster judging the moonflowers that sprung from the black earth. Malicious, virulent, pernicious, the feral beast stalked through the world, drawn by a beckoning roar, sniffing out trouble like the hounds after the fox.

Some point in time, frost-glazed mud, black as her shriveled heart, shifts into moon-washed sands of cream and silver, the ocean milk blue, a familiar whisper replaced by a hungry roar. White foam swirls and snaps, reaching out to clutch at land, longing to embrace their lost lover. Not today, nor any other day, will they be lucky enough to experience the union.

A guttural roar, a bellowing snarl of monstrous proportions draws the eye promptly; with a deep growl of her own, Lady Death raises her glistening white head, shifting her weight in preparation to wage war upon the beast that challenges her as most feral of Helovians. There is no ring of justice or glory that sends her leaping forth into the midst of peril; there is nothing that warms her cold heart. The sight of three battling the beast does not stir some forgotten vestige of honor that tells her she must fight to save the old bearded man, the mid-aged pegasus, and the dragon-bonded horse, and the other one lost. Selfish desire, an ambition and strive to win an impossible battle, scalds her like the burning pain in her mouth as her toxic saliva drips from her lips.

Muscles tense and bulge under her coat of mangled obsidian, as she bursts forward, hooves digging into the soft sand, slipping without the better grip grass may give one. Her skin shivers over hard muscle, as her ears snap back, pinning tightly to skull-painted head; the beast blots out the moon in size, yet she does not fear anything; not Lady Death, not Confutatis, daughter of the Isilmanian warlord Oblivion, king of demons.

Spheres of acid and toxic waste drop from the vaguely draconian monster as she barrels forth, a bullet shot from a gun; one brushes her shoulder, stinging, a nest of hornets thrown at her shoulder, but she pays the pain no heed, charging forwards, the distance long and too vast between the warped creature of the tides. Her chest heaves, nostrils inhaling the bitterly cold air, exhaling clouds of hot steam, lungs pushing hard against her ribs as they expand. Squealing hoarsely, she slipped past between his legs, lashing out at his left foreleg. Again she kicks out, scuffling like two stallions ass to ass, knowing that beneath him, she will be somewhat more protected- at least from the chance of getting squashed. Of course, it also means she has to be ever more wary of what might scald her, especially the spheres of sickly material. Then she twists, trotting beneath him, half-cantering, avoiding his moving legs. Reaching out, she nips at the not-quite-solid leg with her mouth of burning acid, hesitant for she doubts she can make a mark on a spirit.

calsidyrose

Reizend Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 hh :: 7 (ages in Orangemoon)
rooster
Reizend

There is very little in this world that I have not seen; there are very few noises that I have heard in my lifetime that I cannot place with a colour. It is supposed to be easy, for each sound that meets my auds has a very specific shade associated with it - they never change, they never waver, they never fail. This has been true for the entire six years of my existence.

But today, everything changes.

"Hhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeelllloooovvvvviaaaaaaaaaa," is the call, and a haunting one at that; even I, so accustomed to the extraordinarily eerie, feel the shiver down my spine at the hungry shriek. As if that isn't enough, the colours that the scream produces are large, bold, in the forefront of my vision, placing me at a halt as it blinds me with ever-changing hues, boiling and roiling and swirling across my vision, not one colour but every colour at once. My ears pin with uncertainty, with fear, and I find that it is unnerving to feel what most mortals must feel every time they are faced with something unexplained.

I want to run and hide. I want to scream and flee in a panic. Ah, if only life were so simple. Instead, the dark green of Schwere blossoms around the edges of my vision, and I am more afraid of the fact that even he cannot penetrate the chaos of the cry than of his appearance. And there is the rosy hue of Verletzt, here to calm me. Schwere's colour is a challenge; Verletzt's a reassurance - and so it is with their respective demands and encouragement that I find the strength to force myself forward, toward the noise rather than away from it. The chaos has faded from my orbs by the time I arrive at the scene, though Schwere and Verletzt refuse to depart. I can see now that Schwere paces, tossing his head toward the fight; Verletzt stands calmly beside him, looking as though she hasn't a care in the world. The bigger vision, however, is the thing that I am to fight.

It is unlike anything I have ever seen, a monstrous creature of obsidian, shining in the moonlight. The moonlight? When did the moon return to our skies? My confusion is blotted out quickly by the sight of the claws at the end of the things... appendages, replaced by trepidation. Schwere's green flares, his anger at my hesitation easy to understand. I can almost hear the scorn in his voice, the cruel words heralding my cowardice, and it is as much from spite as from my mother's light pink calm that I make my way forward. I am on the beach, I realize, as I hear the waves crash angrily against the shoreline. Usually a gentle blue, I am surprised by the stormy grey that clouds my vision now. Is it the monster that has made the sea so angry, or is it simply coincidence? Does the creature bring the wicked gusts of wind that lick at my bodice and tug at my hair with it, or is it simply an accompaniment?

Dots of brown mingle with the grey as I make my way forward, keeping time with my hoofbeats in the sand. There are several here already, battling and appearing to lose. Well, why not jump right in? Today is as lovely a day as any to die. There are a few pegasi above, but I pay them no heed; I cannot fly, I cannot help them. It is those on the ground that I seek to assist. A unicorn stabs at a leg - is that a leg? One can hardly tell - as an equine gallops toward the beast. A few others attack the lower appendages, but I aim to attack the same leg as the red-tipped unicorn, as it seems most prudent to me to focus on a singular target. Though it doesn't hurt to confuse the thing. It is this kind of thinking that I have never enjoyed - it is this kind of thinking that Seele has the natural affinity for. Still, I know quite a bit more of fighting than I care to admit, and so I should not be entirely useless. I will allow the others to provide a distraction and help to topple the monster.

I dodge an odd glowing orb, assuming that its presence cannot help me - a correct assumption, judging by the sizzle as it meets the sand. Acid balls; how lovely. My path, though, does not waver after that, and I aim to strike the leg that the dark steed attempts to impale. Schwere's dark green screams across my vision as I lower my head, pointing my horn carefully at the beast. For once, I am grateful for his teachings, for it is habit that takes over now, and the discipline of one trained in battle. I never made you proud, Father, but maybe today your spirit will rejoice.

For what I have to say to death is this: not today.

"Talk talk talk."

Seele the Necromancer Posts: 210
Deceased atk: 5.5 |
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 hh :: five (ages orangemoon) Buff: NOVICE
Abba
So much is changing. So much is taking over. I can hear all the voices pounding my head as I started toward the Endless Blue. I needed to get away from the marsh. I needed to get away from the Asylum, though I was certain a few of the other members had the same idea. After all, I had always found the rhythmical dance of the waves upon the sand. It helped me push out the voices. And, it always helped that the moon had returned, cloaking the land in a purple and dark blue hue as the stars attempted to pull themselves from the endless dark sky.

But, of course, what I stumbled upon was a loud scream of the word Helovia as it boomed out across the land. a large creature, tossing orbs into area where it seemed quite a few had gathered. A unicorn, pegasus, and two equine I didn't recognize. And then, two other Asylum members. All of which were going at this monster. Instantly, my warrior blood kicked in. A smirk upon my face. Time for some sense of blood shed, though it would not be mine. "Not today," I muttered under my breath.

Carefully, I kept my eyes on the orbs as they fell into the sand with a stinging noise, as though it were attempting to eat away the land it was against. Go. Attack the leg the skull-faced mare is attacking. The pegasus seems to have attempted to weaken that limb... Schwere instructed, and after fully taking the scene in I rocked back on my haunches and catapulted forward. Be safe! The orbs are acid. Innerste warned and I only snorted my disapproval as I weaved between the flying orbs, hearing it as it occasionally seared some of my tail or mane hairs as they flew in the wind.

I follow the creature of death I had helped join in the hopeful destruction of such a creature. My body weaving into the water, glad that the breed I am made of comes with an ounce of stamina others might not have. My petite frame is making it easier to accomplish the tight turns as I kick up plods of sand behind me. The closer I get to the creature the lower my head goes until I hear Schwere yell Now! and my body rocks back before ricocheting forward like a stone being thrown out of a slingshot - an arrow shot from a bow. My horn hopefully impaling into his leg that seemed to not fully be there. So, as I get tossed back a few feet from the movement forward I collect myself again and crawl to the inside of it's two massive limbs. My frame just barely standing again as Innerste shrieks in my head, DUCK! Duck now! Instinctively, I feel my frame lower almost to the water. But then, pain radiates along my spine as the hair has begun to be singed. I shake it off, letting out a breath of indignation before spinning around and kicking with my glass hooves at the monster's leg in an attempt to dispel some of it's form.

Today, the equine-like beings of Helovia would unite. We would unite, putting our differences aside, and we would defeat this beast that had been strewn into our land with the moon goddess's return...

568 words
SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
Glory and Gore go Hand in Hand
That's Why We're Making Headlines
●☽ ☾●

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud
A STORY FOREVER TOLD, BUT NEVER OLD.
A WARM ARRIVAL NEVER LEFT SO COLD.
</style>

All things considered, it was probably better that the Golden Spy encountered the monster, that fateful evening when the Moon returned - for if she hadn't, her mind would possible have drowned under the weight of its own thoughts. She had already been strolling across the sands, casting a cursory glance at the black waters, and letting herself - just for a moment - remember. To remember Levi and how he had helped her with her quest. To remember Apollo, and the day their lives almost ended together out in those very waters. But most importantly and strongly, to remember Tolio. The cinnamon stallion she had loved so insistently and brightly, if only for a short time. Now...he was simply a passing thought...As I said, it is almost best that Phae ran into the monster, for there's no telling where her mind would have taken her, should she have lingered upon the implications of her past actions.

Like in a dream, suddenly the enormity of the situation - the lights and sounds and smell - hit her. Down the beach, a few hundred yards, the creature had already emerged from wherever it came from, gurgling a word she couldn't quite make out. Too focused upon the creature and her fellow Helovian's already dancing about it, that she did not notice that the Moon too had emerged. What she did notice, was the subtle twinkling of her body, and the weighted pull of her magic returning. Although Phaedra was no seasoned warrior, she would not let the group ahead fight the monster on their own. Dipping her head low, Phae galloped forward across the sands, spreading her oddly patterned wings into the night, and lifting upwards.

As she neared, she only recognized the form of Kri as she dodged the fizzling orbs that the creature was throwing. "Hey there sugar!" She called to the beast as she hovered before it - her sea green eyes dancing with a dangerous and amused light. All at once, her coat rippled with a light to rival the stars which had begun to shine overhead. The magic gifted to her by the moon, as well as the bear-child, seemed to pour and seep onto her sooty coat, emitting a light all of its own, as if bits of starlight were caught in her fur. Although she wasn't entirely sure what effect her siren-magic would have upon the beast, she hoped at least it, as well as her ethereal glow, would catch its attention so the others might attack.

With a body that was both light, and lithe, the sooty spy darted with an acrobatic grace around the creature's head, flying this way and that, careful to dodge the balls of poison that it still threw. "Catch me darlin'!" She taunted, her head thrown back in a silvery laugh. "Find out if I taste as good as I look!"

[Sparkles LIKE A BOSS to try and distract the creature. ]

Image Credits
 HP: 45.5

Eris_ Posts: 97
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 4 Buff: NOVICE
Frostie
ERIS
Just give me a reason,
Just a little bit's enough,
Just a second we're not broken, just bent.
It seemed that fate had a bitter humour. Before the roaring call of the monster, the co-leader of the Asylum was going about her daily business, plotting world domination, figuring out what she wanted for her little dove family, what her family's next move would be. All rather stressful work for someone who didn't like others, however she had developed a softness for her slolwy growing family of crazies. Her blue orbs had seen Seele's departure, and a few other members had left before her. This did not please the lightly hued mare. What if they were spotted, or caused some trouble? They could even be followed and then their slowly growing family would no longer be a secret. Eventually they would come out into the open. but until then they had to lay low and avoid trouble at all costs. Oh yes, the little doves that had flown away from the nest would be brought back. Even if they were kicking and screaming, Eris would force them back into the safety of their Marsh.

Rushing forward the mare soon found herself at the Endless Blue, hot on their trails. There where quite a few hoof prints in the sand, she could only pray that the belonged to her family. It soon struck the mare how curiously different tonight was. It took a while for her to be able to realise just what was different about the endless night. Everything was lighter, she was able to see things clearly. Running along the beach she tossed her head up, to inspect the blackness that was the sky. Only the first thing she noticed was the moon and stars, glowing brightly before her. Slowing to a stop she inspected this new found hope, the brightness of the night had finally been returned to them. The world was slowly rightening.

The chilling sound of the best's words brought her eyes back to the land. A heavy blast of wind whips her mane and tail around, horror fills her eyes as she turns to the suddenly churning water. Strange body parts exist the water, a torso begins to stretch out, limbs long and lanky, they move upward toward the sky. It is covered in a amour, and matching claws appear.

Eris doges a strange orb where it lands on the ground near her, it hits the ground fizzle of poison. Her eyes landed on the familiar colour pallet of her sister. "Seele!" Yelled Eris, she just want her sister know that Eris has her back. Dancing to the left with a giggle, Eris avoided another orb filled with poison. A little far from her, some other winged mare was glittering to get the monster's attention. Perfect. Hoping the beast was distracted, Eris ran forward soon her body was soaking wet, and she was shivering. That didn't stop her though. Finding a limb of the monster, Eris turned around so her rump was facing the witch of the sea. Lifting herself onto her front legs, Eris hovered mid air for a second. Meanwhile another orb flew past her, a few hairs are singed off. Relaxing some of her muscles, she brought down an almighty kick into the monster's leg.

She had just found her family. This beast would not remove them from her.

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient

The first to answer the call is the Valiant, and his stab makes its way through the strange body of the beast, the wind sound like it tore around the stab, but the beast does not appear to feel any pain. Instead, it throws another ball of acid in the general direction of Paladin, before continuing to try and make its way to the beach. At the same time, Apodis's body knocks into the creature, causing it to take a step backward before trying to swat at him with an obsidian clawed hand.

With a squeal of rage, the monster feels something or someone messing with the control holding its wind in place. The tendrils of air get twirled away, loosening the leg arm before legs slam into it, dislodging the strange arm just as Smoke crashes into it. Together, Kri and Smoke completely remove the limb, and the wind rushes off, obsidian clattering into the ocean below. A frustrated roar of anger peels from his lips as the beast swats with his remaining clawed hand in the direction of the pair, trying to tear them asunder.

Zaffre appears just in time to potential ruin the monster's aim, his claws tearing at the eyes and making the monster withdraw his limb early to reach out for the scaly bird - a nice bite-size snack. Phaedra's shining light captures its attention next, right arm swinging about to try and grab the pretty bird to finish up as desert for the dragon.

Meanwhile, Confutatis's kicks hit upon the leg, throwing off the strange armor first and the kicking the wind, producing the same tearing hiss that Paladin's horn created. The strings tear and loosen, the eerie dark fog from within showing through. From above, the creature spews acid spit down toward Confutatis, Seele, and Eris.

Reizend's horn cuts unstopped into the same leg Paladin wounded, tearing a larger gash in the strange, ephemeral substance. As Seele attacks, however, the monster moves in response to Reizend's attack, making her stab miss. Her hooves, however, strike true, as do Eris's.

[NO ONE ELSE MAY JOIN PAST THIS POINT.]

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

I'LL WEAVE YOUR NAMES INTO MY RIBCAGE,</style>
lock your hearts inside my chest.</style>

A rough grin is offered to the WildRose as she appears, my lips curving up once more playfully as we successfully slough off a limb working together. "You should have more confidence in our abilities, Smoke, truly," I say, my voice jovial despite the rather tense disposition of many which splash into the freezing waters below. "Or, at least in mine."

My body dips in the air and I curve around, swinging back up after my forehoof drags neatly in the ocean waves for a moment, splashing me with the chill of winter's tears. From my vantage point above, I survey the happenings below. Lucky enough to get in one of the first few attacks, I can easily observe the others dancing through the waves and their effect upon our larger prey. A strange hiss through the air catches my attention immediately, seeing how the wind seems to sever and unwind, a smirk growing on my face as I prepare my loudmouth (my most obvious feature, likely) to command the troops below.

"Try to hack at his limbs around the same height! We may be able to tear it off!"

Knowing my voice would likely attract its attention, I quickly dart behind the monster, curving my flight and aiming my forehooves, pointed together like a spear, toward the exposed neck of the monster. If I could behead the damned thing, this fight may be over much sooner than even I expected.

[ Tries to hit the back of his neck with forehooves pointed together. ]

KRI the Resolute</style>
I WILL GIVE YOUR HEART A PLACE TO REST AFTER EVERYTHING YOU HAD HAS TURNED AND LEFT.</style>

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud
A STORY FOREVER TOLD, BUT NEVER OLD.
A WARM ARRIVAL NEVER LEFT SO COLD.
</style>

As the beast outstretched its limb towards her, as if to grab her the way that Walter the krakken once had, the golden girl put on a burst of speed, darting only mostly out of its reach. Her silky tail was caught, dragging her off he flight path, and in a downward spiral towards the creatures mouth. Like what you would think Tinker bell would look like, if shook, bits of stardust and glimmer fell away from her form, glistening and gently billowing down, as the lithe spy tried to right herself. With a forced laugh, the beauty let her mind fall inward to the magic ball of pink residing in her breast, and the power it held. With the price of her magic paid directly to the moon-bitch, who's astral face glittered down from the stars, Phae at least dared to hope, that perhaps the Goddess was on their side. Magic spilled from her, like a bursted balloon of sparkles, shimmering down in a cascade of reflective light, falling nearly on top of the creature. Taking the opportunity, Phae beat her wings enough to raise her to a height that was out of its reach.

Vaguely, Phae could hear the commanding tones of Kri ringing true through the air, telling them to attack its limbs. Knowing her limits, the sooty spy decided to remain with her original tactic of distracting the creature; a job she was ideally suited for, especially if the creature was male. Although she was unsure what effect her siren-magic would have upon it, she at least hoped it would be stunned in some sense, or maybe completely distracted, long enough for Kri's orders to be carried out. Whistling loudly, the pegasus once more danced before its eyes, as if prancing on the breeze; careful to keep her lithe limbs at the ready, to evade any attacks that came her way.

[As the creature grabs her tail and pulls her down, she releases her siren-magic in a flurry of shimmer/sparkles upon the creature. She remains before its face, darting around trying to hold its attention]

Image Credits
 HP: 45.5

Paladin the Valiant Posts: 153
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 15 Years Buff: DANCE
Tamme

I WANT TO FEEL THE PAIN AND THE BITTER TASTE
OF THE BLOOD ON MY LIPS AGAIN</style>

Paladin felt his horn pierce something neither fleshy nor truly real, but the sound it made when his horn tugged on the wind was deafening. The stallion laid his charcoal ears flat against his neck to dim the noise and yawned his jaws to try and get the pressure to readjust in the canal. He had never fought anything quite like this before, but the closest he had come was the ghost in that strange land in Isilme. However, he could not puncture and squish this monster like he had done with the ghost. Sitting on this thing would more than likely burn his backside with the caustic smelling acid.

The stallion looked over his shoulder once his horn was loosed and was immediately glad that he did. A chunk of poison in a sac came hurdling his way, and he was given just enough time to gather the strength in his hind legs and curl his entire body into a jump. He cleared most of the sac as it burst open beneath him, but a few splashes hit the underside of his belly and the bottom half of his tail was eaten away quite suddenly. The smell of burnt hair was all too familiar and the stallion scowled a little, letting the blackened anger in his soul take control of his muscles.

From somewhere above, he heard Kri, and the stallion snorted to himself, shaking his head as he picked up his swinging, bold canter back in the direction of the monster. "Never been happier, Lady Kri!" he returned, hopefully loudly enough for the mare to hear. "The last thing I need is more missing hair lest the Edge label me diseased," he grunted in a bitterly amused sort of way, wagging the shortened white tail behind himself. Where the poison had dotted his underside, red, bloody sores had begun to form, but he ignored the pain as much as he could and pressed on.

Smoke appeared next, and he chuckled. "You are but moments late in your warning, Fair Smoke!" he called over to her before going back for that limb he had weakened. The two ladies took off an entire, ephemeral limb, and the stallion continues toward the weakened one. He comes from under the monster, using the distraction of the lost arm to his advantage. Paladin, while under the beast, swipes his head and aims to scrape his horn along the limb again before swinging his hips to lash out at the beast's leg.

Bucking like that caused a burn in his hips and back, and the stallion gritted his teeth tightly. Was there a cure for this painful ache that plagued his joints?

Horse

Seele the Necromancer Posts: 210
Deceased atk: 5.5 |
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 hh :: five (ages orangemoon) Buff: NOVICE
Abba
Had she seriously just yelled my name? Really Eris? Didn't she learn that concentrate was of the utmost importance in this situation? I let out a puff of annoyance before twisting my frame as I get knocked back a little by this monster's leg. My horn had never hit it's mark. Perhaps if you didn't get distracted! hissed Schwere and I could just imagine him kicking me in the gut so all of my air was knocked from my lungs. Or, perhaps I wasn't imagining anything because it felt as thought that had been the case.

But my next attack, the striking of my glass hooves had hit very nicely. A tiny laugh escapes my lips before continuing to shuffle my weight, ducking as necessary to avoid the orbs or even jumping forward or to the side, feeling the acid occasionally test my frame. Out of the corners of my eyes I look at my sisters - the members of the Asylum who were also willing to dig in here and attempt to kill this beast before it could ruin our lives out in the Wilds.

That was when someone's voice pounded into my ears. I looked up, seeing a winged on shout orders. Annoyance is filing my mind but I don't let it show. Usually I don't take orders from anyone outside of my mind, but at this moment I feel as though from her vantage point in the air that not listening to her would only make things worse. Taking in my breath as Innerste shouts DUCK! again I almost collapse to my knees, feeling the acid rub along the same line it had created last time. My movements are beginning to stiffen up as I pull back a few strides to take a look at everyone's height that is at the same pillar as I. "Sounds good to me, ma'am!" I shout back up to the flying beast in the air.

Again, I'm forced to shuffle back a couple more strides, jumping to the right to avoid the acid orb again before raising my voice to the other Asylum members. "Sisters! Do as the winged one says! We can win this!" My voice is directed only at the members of the Asylum, uncertain if all of them are willing to take the same direction my mind has forced upon me from the stranger. I'm not sure, exactly, what pushed me to do this, but I know that it is a combination of the souls who are reigning in my skull begging me to do so.

It is at that moment that I look at the pillar again before rushing forward, my skull turned to the side so that my horn would scratch up against the limb as I ran past. And then, as I reached the end of his frame I jumped away from the acid orb, feeling it burn at my haunch. A muffled cry escapes my maw as I pull myself back to my feet and spin around, pain radiating through every movement. Ignore the pain. Get back up on that beast and kick it. Relish in the burning sensation. It proves you are alive. The words were calm, but still the same voice of Schwere. With a snort of anger I drag myself into a gallop until I am almost in front of where the movement should be coming. And, with all my strength I drop my head, resting all of my weight onto the forehand for the moment in order to kick out with my hind legs, glass hooves hopefully making impact with the ethereal creature before us.

Though, one cannot understand how relieved I am that there are others willing to fight with me. Without them, I might be dead...

638 words
<3 for everyone
SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
Glory and Gore go Hand in Hand
That's Why We're Making Headlines
●☽ ☾●

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Official
[ Florabella's post has been removed, as no others are allowed to join the thread. ]

Smoke the Wild Rose Posts: 128
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 hh :: 10 Buff: SWIFT
Zaffre :: Common Blue Dragon :: Fire Breath Kachie
It was somewhat unexpected for the limb she barreled into to just... come entirely loose. No blood, no wrenching of bones from their sockets. Just a sudden howl of wind that filled her ears as her shoulder reminded her of how much it'd hurt the last time she'd tried to take something out full force like that. And then she was tripping over the falling plates of obsidian, stumbling and splashing but somehow not falling, even when one plate bounced off her back. Surrounded by spreading ripples, she laughed, unfazed when an unnatural set of claws swept toward her but fell short.

But her gaze still tracked that set of claws, and a brief thought was all the alert her bonded needed when those uncanny weapons were redirected upward to swipe at the dragon. Shrieking his defiance again, Zaffre darted away, diving down toward the unseparated shoulder of the creature and making that swipe miss him entirely. He swept around, staying close to the creature, trilling a greeting to the Resolute as he darted around her, only to make a full circuit and flew back at the creature's face, focusing on the left eye with every intent to rip the orb from its socket.

Pleased that injuries to herself were minimal and her bonded still completely safe, the Wild Rose heeded Kri's suggestions. Wading through the waves in quick surging bounds, keen on getting clear of the spent armor plates that could easily trip her up, she moved to join Paladin. Her gaze flicked briefly toward the strangers that had come to the shore to aid them, who'd also moved to support the Valiant's attack. A quick grin before she chimed out to her friend, "Guess I'll have to do something about that later."

Then she was angling herself to present her other shoulder, driving in with the intent to reproduce her earlier results upon this new limb that her comrades had weakened.

Confutatis the World Eater Posts: 179
Hidden Account atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2hh :: 9 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Mongrel :: Common Kitsune :: Dark Illusions wanda
CONFUTATIS
I've been eaten from the inside out

Savagery and barbarism, persecution and ruthlessness, songs of war and light-hearted jokes piercing the air, old-timers greeting each other, battered old hounds gathering for a last hunt. Glassfox and Madeyes, war veterans returning on their horses to the cavalry at the awe of the young men unknowing of the bloody hell they are preparing to march into. These are the true heroes, the men who return to fight even when they could walk away, leaving the work to the younger fools corrupt by dreams of glory. For this, Confutatis cares not. Death makes quick work of all.

Her hooves meet brief resistance and then are plunged into smoky darkness. For a split moment the ill-hearted mare staggers, trying to find her balance; her lips curl into a snarling grin, impossible to tell if she's angry or pleased. This can only be ill-completed sorcery, nefarious necromancy, twisted conjuring. Who was strong enough to pull the beast from the waves roaring, churning the sand? What charmer of snakes could whisper in the draconaid's ears, releasing it from what must have been deep slumber?

Darkness hisses and sighs, shadow decays and crumbles as a foreleg falls from shoulder, sheet of scales protecting the material of superstitions, the untouchable black smoke of unknown matter. Voices cry, voices shriek, screams and battle cries promising pain and death, giving orders Confutatis hates more than anything. Orders, the tight collar around the fat dog's neck; the constricting hands clutching kitten to chest; the silver bit in horse's mouth. Glassfox, the red-stained mare with hooves and horn of glass, echoes the flying tank's cries; teeth grit and clench, paining her jaw. Nevertheless, she digs deep, forcing herself to rock the mare's wariness to sleep. Today, she will obey. Tomorrow, only the gods know.

Shining eyes of coral gleam and glisten in the darkness, as the monstrous head turns. Spheres of acid are dropped from it's charcoal mouth, exploding the sand beneath her feet, the scent of toxins burning her nostrils. One ball drops onto Skullface's shoulder; a deep-throated groan of pain falls from her lips as she staggers, obsidian skin peeling from her left shoulder, revealing red flesh. Blood drips from the severe burn; but she does not blink, nor does her stride fail her again, despite the scorching pain hindering the full length of her step. If she stays silent and still, she only risks more injury, more chance of burns.

Crimson drips from her shoulder, scarlet spots falling upon the silver sands.

Muscles clenching tight beneath her sooty coat, Confutatis moves in a lazy lope forwards, towards the old man and slightly younger woman, joining their assault on smoky leg weakened by blows. Uttering a cry of warning to the- however brief time they may be together- temporary comrades in battle, not wishing to "accidentally" run over the ancient stallion or withered mare. If they were to be too slow to move, too bad for their aching joints. Her head drops, neatly curling and protecting the throatlatch, as her weight drops momentarily onto her hindquarters. With a thrust of her hind legs, she leaps forward, hoping to smash into the beast's lumbering leg, not fearing flattening herself, confident in her knowledge the leg would simply give way.

Memories, disturbed and fractured, flash through her head. Images of destroyed and battered soldiers; of war and destruction; blood and grime on the earth. Of the horn arcing down her face, the hot gore running from her scarred and blinded eye. The agony, fresh and scorching.

Monsters she can find use of, but only when she can control them. This one cannot be tamed, and so must be eradicated, for nothing must be stronger or more terrifying than her. Today, she will fight, today it will be destroyed, before it can wreck havoc on Helovia. It is not from her nurturing nature that she wishes to stop it before it can destroy her adopted homeland. Quite simply, it needs to be gone, so she can return to her natural place on the hierarchy of terrible things- at the tip top of the mountain peak.

Monster, monster of the night, forget the words spoken to your ears and return to your bed in the ocean deep.

calsidyrose

Eris_ Posts: 97
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 4 Buff: NOVICE
Frostie
ERIS
Just give me a reason,
Just a little bit's enough,
Just a second we're not broken, just bent.
Her hooves pound into the monster's flesh. Her kick was powerful and dead on. The strike was as true as what the golden mare had hoped. A crazed smile spreads along her chops. The orbs of acid are thrown down towards herself and her sisters. All of them doge and dive out of their paths. Eris doges one that flies so close to her left hand side. The near miss only enrages her more, everything within her vision turns red, her blood thirst that had been ignored for so long was finally coming back to life. She doesn't spot another one flying towards her rump though, the majority of the orb misses her, however the side of the orb does collide with her flesh. It sprays around her rump, running down her legs and the golden mare cries out in pain. "WEAKNESS" She screams to herself within her mind. "Get it together you weak minded little worm." Angry with herself and furious with the monster, Eris begins to plan out her next attack. From beyond another voice calls out and the blue eyes look up to a fierce winged mare who was in the battle with her and her sisters. The limbs at the same height, fantastic.

She turns to Seele who had ignored her previous call just to check on the darker mare. In no way was Eris concerned for her sister's safety. Seele could manage herself, the white faced mare was a warrior, just like herself. No she was checking to make sure they were all in a close proximity so when the battle drew to a close they would be able to make a smooth exist. Now her blue eyes glanced to the rest of her sisters, they could also all handle themselves. They could be just as ruthless as Eris. Now Seele's voice rang out recalling the winged mare's pervious words. They were all going to have to hack at the same height to try and defeat this sea monster. "You're taking orders from someone other than yourself?!" Laughed Eris, she was responding to both her sister and the battle mare. It was actually a decent plan, hack off the limbs and then topple over the monster. They they would have to simple hack at the dying monster in the surf while it laid their defenceless. "Oh goody." She muttered to herself.

A quick doge to avoid another ball of acid, Eris watched and studied the height that her sister's attacked at. She lived in the moment of battle, however she was also smart and knew that to get this done right she would have to be patient and wait for the right moment. Dancing around to the left hand side of the leg, Eris ducked underneath another orb and then readied herself. Her rump and back legs were slick with blood, the acid was burning the flesh away. This time so she could make sure her aim was true, she ready to kick out at the beast with her front legs. Lifting herself up onto her back legs she aimed for a place where someone had already drawn blood. Throwing herself down she hoped to fling her entire body weight behind her front hooves. Eris also pointed her hooves to attempt and make them enter into the monster's legs.

[[Tries to stab her front hooves into the monster's legs/flesh. ]]

Apodis Posts: 39
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 :: 12 Buff: NOVICE
Eaglecry

Apodis

I've become much too good at being invincible, I'm an expert at play it safe, and keep it cool
But I swear this isn't who I'm meant to be, I refuse to let my life roll all over me...

Others joined them, some bared wings and for once the buckskin lad was glad, they would serve an advantage point from the sky. While the rest were ground ridden, avoiding the poison orbs as they littered the sands in a sizzle of heat, burning away anything which came into contact within. He did his utt-most best to avoid these things, save himself the injuries untill the last few moments when he could full out attack without a worry. But for now, he had to watch his back and attack at the same time.

They each kicked and hacked away at the creatures leg, soon falling to the ground, blood stained the golden sands a crimson red, though looked just a pool of black in such low lights, perhaps the blood was black...
He charged again, going headlong into another limb, using the thick crown to headbutt into the side, hoping to knock it of balance, give it something more to focus upon as a wing creature took position infront its glowing eyes. Such bravery this one bore. His mind flicked off for as much as a milisecond, enough to miss his watchful eye. A searing pain burined his hock as the orb just barely brushed past his skin. The stallion cried out in pain and his orbs glazed over. Anger now took over his actions, his true soldier came through and the stag went wild, on a bloodthirsty attack.

He charged between the legs and under this beast, fear eluded him. Actions that of a deathly occurance. he moved with such rage, his front flints barely kiss the ground as he charged towards another limb. And at that they flew into the air, stricking out at the creature, Not even aware of the others that fought beside him, all he was set upon doing was killing this creature whom so dared to as much as cause him pain. He twisted round, shoulder bareing towards the limb and he threw most of his weight against the leg of the beast, hopng to take down yet another.

Chest muscles heaved as the stallion exerted such energy and force. If he kept this up, he'd be drained before long, especially when he had not eaten a proper meal in so long. His hooves hit the ground and he lashed out with his head and neck, swinging it towards the beast, then moved to sink blunt teeth, Into the swirling form.
"Talk Talk Talk."
image credits
table by whit
[Image: 525f791c057b6]64HP
[Image: 52878c6669a55]
Lines by bronzehalo