Someday You Will Be Loved [Asylum]

Merrikh Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I cannot pretend that I felt any regret
Cause each broken heart will eventually mend
As the blood runs red down the needle and thread
Someday you will be loved

I was a stark contrast against the darkness plaguing this land. A newcomer, I was unaware of the recent turmoil that had plunged the residents of Helovia into darkness. Fortunately for me, the stars were shining bright and clear in the pitch sky, delivering a gentle wave of comfort to wash over me. I had never fared well in the blackest of nights, so counted myself lucky to be in their presence as I entered this brand new world. For once, things seemed to be looking up for me, until I noticed the strangest medley of lights in the distance.

Beneath me, my feet froze to the cold ground and my body grew rigid. Were those trees... glowing?

The pulsating trees, eerie in their unnatural glow, were absolutely terrifying. I must have stood there for what seemed like forever, simply watching them all dim, flicker, and light again, all on their own times. Never in my days had I seen such a display, though as I stood, nothing seemed to change all too much... The blues of the trees were calming, but the red casted a glowering threat that had me reeling away, dissuading me from taking a single step further into this uncharted land. Surely if I stepped into the confines of this lit forest, something would get me, and it would bring to me my demise.

But if I didn't go on, then what else was there? Somewhere behind me, the ones I had once thought family were baring their crimson-stained teeth, daring me to come back so that they could tear me apart. Of course, not all of them had turned their backs on me, but there were plenty who were more than happy to end me where I stood if I did not move on.

So with a deep inhale that expanded my barrel to its limits, I lifted my feet and carried onward into this new world that I might come to call home, no matter how absolutely petrified I really was. As long as I avoided the crimson hued trees, I would surely be fine until the sun rose.

"blather blather blather"

[ooc - Anyone is welcome to join and do whatever, but I would like him to be in the Asylum. :3]

image credit

Florabella Posts: N/A
Unregistered
The forest had barely found change in her time in the new land. The newest - yet more vague to the mare - retained the pitch-black sky with the sparkling lights resting there along with the moon. While she was still a new recruit amongst her new herd, she had yet to find someone to interact without feeling so afraid. The snow failed to intimidate her now, but it did not conceal the same discomfort she had felt before. Frostfall had found its way to be one of her least favorite seasons. It did not help she had to return and remain in the temperature for who knew how long.

She moved across the terrain and continued to do so until she could smell the stench of fear she had carried for the longest time. She frowned; clearly unimpressed with her nature. Impressions were one she wished to maintain a decent reputation of. She shivered at the thought of spilling the wrong words or appearing like a fool enough a part of her - a mental thought - curled its lips into a sneer. The pinto had to control herself and breathed deeply before she realized she had stopped and started walking and transitioned into a trot as instructed to maintain warmth. Movement kept a horse warm, she reminded herself.

Her two-colored eyes darkened at the white blur in the distance. It meant plenty of choices and ideas as she questioned what and who it could be doing alone. There was no heartless thought swelling in her chest as she understood where the other likely may have been coming from, but she froze; wondering if this was leader of another herd. Thoughts went into a flurry of how to respond to any situation.

Another horse.

Florabella was curious now. It wasn’t a one-horn horse, but he appeared to be the same race as her. She maintained her distance, just in case, but she only approached slowly and carefully. She tilted her head. "Um, hi." She whispered timidly. Her head and neck lowered nervously, expecting some form of outburst or intimidation habitually.

Words: 352
Tag(s): @[Merrikh]
Comments: Boss asks, boss receives. I'm sorry if Flora seems a little awkward and depressing. We're both newbies at recruiting, too. D:

Merrikh Posts: N/A
Unregistered
I cannot pretend that I felt any regret
Cause each broken heart will eventually mend
As the blood runs red down the needle and thread
Someday you will be loved

Up ahead, there was the unmistakable sound of movement. The strange scenery laid out before me was enough to send my hearts into leaps and bound, thudding noisily against the walls of my chest. Below me, my feet had come to a stand still and my body had grown rigid, prepared to bolt at a moment's notice. Against the dim light, my eyes grew wide as I tried to place the location of the perptraitor, though I had little luck given the thick canopy that the many trees produced overhead. The eerie glow of the foliage didn't help either, playing tricks on my eyes as they worked through shades of blue, green and red.

Words were emitted from the darkness then, two that were given in simplistic greeting. Though there was no hint of threat behind the feminine voice, I nearly wheeled around and booked it out of the forest, but somehow I managed to get by taking only a few steps sideways. On any other day, especially when the sun was up and the trees weren't glowing, I might have kept myself steeled and unmoving in the presence of this stranger. Due to the circumstances, though, I didn't know what to expect. For all I knew, the one talking to me was some deceptive, messed up creature with three heads, ready to lunge out at me and take me down.

But maybe I was just being over-dramatic, as always.

Just yards away from me stood a mare, whose scent I rightfully didn't recognize. From what I could tell, she was a rich brown in color, her mane, tail, legs and muzzle nearly matching the darkness that had taken hold of the land on this night. Her head was held lower than my own was in a display of inferiority, though I wasn't completely sure why. Even with her head dropped, she still stood considerably taller than I, wider, too, surely more than capable of taking me down. But unless my earlier sentiments about her being some deceptive, three-headed monster were correct, then her voice lent me the smallest sliver of comfort knowing that she wasn't here to bring me any harm.

"H-Hello," I finally stammered in response, shifting uncomfortably where I stood, unsure how to handle the situation I had been presented with. What was I supposed to say? It was strange enough for me to be looking at somebody of my own species, rather than the bloody fanged creatures whom had raised me from foalhood. Any time that I had seen another equine, they were either running for their lives, or dead.

Sucking in a deep breath, I stamped a hoof roughly into the snowy ground, more in annoyance to myself than the bay standing before me. I had always wanted to befriend those of my own species, but never had I been given a chance, and I found myself, dare I say it, afraid to converse with them. "What... What is your name? I'm Merrikh. What is this place and why are the trees doing that?" I asked, casting a quick glance to the perplexing foliage before returning my icy gaze to the mare, lest she suddenly launch her attack.

"blather blather blather"

image credit

Florabella Posts: N/A
Unregistered
In spite of the fear she had felt, excitement rumbled. It wasn’t an easy process for her to move back into where she had discovered the chance to redeem any immature train of thoughts and habits, but the idea of attracting other horses to her family could mean a friend to get along with in the bizarre side of the world. She could hardly recall any sights of her homeland - though her mind must have blocked it due to reason - nor the reason she ended up in the Threshold. Instead, she stood before a stallion; drenched in rich, creamy white coat. She nearly had expected his face to turn from surprise to hatred, but he seemed to share a similar expression when she had first met her savior. She understood how different this world was and the inhabitants even more to a newcomer.

She looked at the stallion curiously. It had been some time since she had met another male equine. The longer she stared, the less conscious she was until she realized what she was doing and lowered her eyes. Her muzzle sucked in a deep breath as she aimed not to cave into the worst scenarios and shudder. Vulnerability was the last thing she wanted to break down into. She relaxed again; thankfully. The stallion’s voice wasn’t harsh nor ill-intended. It sounded…unsure. Unsure what to think as much as the pinto felt currently.

Her eyes lifted again, but she was unable to make direct eye contact. The stallion introduced himself then. She glanced towards the trees, and drooped at the thought of never noticing the trees radiating. An answer was more afraid to be said - unable to give a decent answer to Merrikh. However, she owed him her name. It was something to offer than silence due to the timidity of her nature.

“My name is Florabella.” The mare answered softly. She glanced at the world surrounding them before offering her second answer, “Welcome to…Helovia? I think that’s the name. The trees are as mysterious as this place.” A shrug twitched her muscles along with an apologetic expression. She wished she could have provided a better wording for what he likely had wished to hear.

Words: 362
Tag(s): @[Merrikh]
Comments: