the Rift

[OPEN] A little lost still

Saffron Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Saffron woke up not seeing her friend anywhere. She called out a loud whinny for her but when nothing but the sound of a rabbit hopping thought the snow came back to her she sighed. Maybe there was something there and it got her? Or she just left without her?. Saffron asked herself all the questions as she got up shaking off a bit of snow. That’s when she felt it how hungry she was, How loud her stomach growled at her to eat, It took her so much to stay warm that night in the snow? She would have never guessed but it did get her moving thought the thick snow to find food, but when there was only bark she took a little to chew on and started her walk out of the woods to find Adalaide and some grass. As she walked she called out a high pitch whinny for first someone she knew and soon anyone or anything. Saffron didn’t like being on her own again and now it was really getting her down. She stopped only once to get a little water from a brook that ran by and some bits of grass. Oh how it tasted to her but best she had ever had. Even knew she wanted to stay and eat until she couldn’t move she knew it wasn’t right. By the time she was ready to stop it was starting to get dark or so it seemed to her. Saffron walked over to a new tree and sniffed it a little before going to lay down by it as it seemed to be the only dry land she could really find. She was broken-down tied. Mud on her belly, leg and tail walking in places that weren’t solid under her and it was really heavy and think. So there was no way she would be getting up and trying to look around for food, She just started to eat little pants here and there that she could reach without really getting up. Once they where picked clean Saffron called out one more time. Yet this time it wasn’t as loud, it had the sound of someone being lost in a land that they didn’t know and wanting someone to come and be around at less until the light came back or longer.

Castiel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Castiel had wondered around for weeks meeting many faces ever since he placed hoof in these land and so far all was well not once had there yet to be an unsavory encounter. For some reason also fate liked to drag the painted unicorn stallion around to find those in need of a soft gentle horse who projected warmth and security in his very stature. Often more than not those who this stud happened upon needed that more than anything for the world had tossed them into cold gripping darkness. Things did seem to lighten up when one night the tabiono paint woke up to a full bright moon something nonexistent upon his arrival. So the unicorn took that as sign of better times to come, however others would still need a reason to smile and the stallion wanted to provide just said reason. Once more an opportunity to assist came again to Castiel in the form of a loud whinny catching his ears it sounded desperate, scared, lost, and confused all melded perfectly together with a famine tone to it. Making a quick pace through the woods the stud managed to make it weaving with little to no slaps to the face by an unseen branch. After a few miles the cry sounded again it was close the scent of the mare hung near. Breaking through the forest edge the unicorn found a brook with its snow disturbed not much farther was a black and white painted mare lying under a dry tree. Carefully the stallion approached with a relaxed posture and let out a nicker to let her know he was coming “ Hello ms I heard your calls my name is castiel what’s wrong”

Unregistered
Saffron was resting wanting to move as she was finding this place not nice in the night. Soon she heard something coming at first she got a little scared the fear making her want to run but then she heard the sound of a soft nicker making feel good and safe. Saffron soon called back to him nickering loud as she could wanting him to come over. She then blinked looked up to what looked to almost be her colors but he had a horn. “Wow” Was the first thing to come out as she thought maybe she was dreaming but then the way he was and how tired she was made it easy to tell it was real. Still she blinked trying to clear her eyes to get a really good look, “Saffron…..I’m Saffron” She said before looking at him more and getting up. She stood like a new born foal. Unsure of the ground under her feet and wanting to show some kindness of her own for finding her and just being there but she couldn’t even get herself to move for the fact she would most likely fall. “I seem to have lost my friend and ended up here I can’t really go far now as the mud is really think to my legs and tail making it hard to even stand” She said before just giving in and laying down again. There was so much of her new friend she wanted to check out like why did he have a horn? But then she knew it would all be answered soon since most of her questions where when it came down to it. Soon she turned back to him leaving her thoughts and wonders. “Can you help me find a way to clean water so I can wash off and then maybe some hay or grass?” She asked as she looked at him her eyes glazed over to the point where she could only make out little thing about him and it might easy for him to see how they were. Yet if he got really go Saffron would be able to see him..

Unregistered
Castiel felt this place of these lands to be rather dreary and depressing there was little to no food in sight worth eating so it didn’t surprise the stallion that another painted horse would be calling out in weakness. Feeling a need to help the stud walked quickly over to the mare when she gave a nicker loudly in return inviting him into her space bringing a care smile to the tabiono’s features. The reaction her got from the black and white mare took him back that simple “wow” the only guess he could make was the lady had never seen a horned horse. Yet concern struck the unicorn for the equine didn’t quickly rise to be more formal as normal. She seemed lethargic her eye lids seemed to be heavy for they kept blinking demanding rest so kindly the stallion nuzzled her neck then the mare got up on shaky legs like a foal. “ Saffron that’s a pretty name just relax your safe now I promise to take care of you if you are willing to take my aid” he spoke kindly “Well you got a friend here now I can try and clean you if you would like I will carry you to if need be” the stallions concern for the lady was heightened when she laid back down then spoke again with glazed eyes “ Of course I will I know where to I am going to try and get some of this mud off of you and then I will up you carry you to some food, dry ground, and if you are cold I will hold you close so you may rest” after that the paint wiped down her legs with his muzzle and once it got filthy rubbed his face attempting to push off the caked dirt “ there that should be better lets get you up” he spoke happily finished cleaning then nudges her softly “ I got you”

Unregistered
Saffron watched him clean her leg and how safe he made her feel. “Thank you and you name is pretty too” She said and felt him give her a little push. She stood up and shook a little still shakily but doing much better. “Really thank you I do feel much better now and rest would be nice but I like to do it somewhere where I can really lay down” She then turned putting her head close to his and rubbing his neck really wanting to show how grateful she was and also needing the time to really get her bearing about her. Once she felt it was good she slowly started to walk a step or two before stopping again and looking to him. “Can you lead me out of the deep mud it doesn’t have to be far” Saffron asked not just because it would be easy for her to follow but also he didn’t want to get coved in mud again. As soon as felt good about it she started to move a little keeping her nose to his rump. “Yes I will take your aid” She said getting even closer as she started to really feel how tired she was. Soon to keep her mind off it she just started to talk ”So tell me about yourself?” She asked now really wondering and knew that she could be a little more formal about asking but she was willing to tell if he was. “I can tell you one thing I have never seen a horse with a horn…..how did you get it?” Was the next to leave her lips before she started to sniff him back there. Yes she knew it wasn’t normal and yes he could kick her but he had a scents about him and Saffron liked it whatever it was. “One more question what did you roll on it smells nice” She then smiled a little and laid her head on his rump.

Unregistered
Castiel could tell the mare was a sweet heart from the moment she invited him into her space and allowed him to administer aid. A truly easy going patient to take care of whos spirit wouldn’t fade away in the midst of trouble and the moment the mare got up the stallion was right against her side saying “pleasure is all mine sweet soul to help those who need and are willing to be loved on. You need not to thank me just doing what I was put on this earth to do” Castiel loved her ways about her with the ladys head next to his he placed his muzzle to hers then smiled with pride when she was able to walk forward a couple steps. When the mare looked to him for reassurance he nodded with a smile “ of course I will lead you out of this mess don’t want you to fall I can’t pick you up I wish I could” then walked ahead of her gesturing with a toss of the head for her to follow. With careful footing cas made it to solid ground careful to stick close to the lady just in case her legs gave out and felt warm inside when she rested her head on his rear her talking was a good sign “ I am just a simple unicorn who lost his family and came her by accident then begun to help others just like my parents use to…they…they…died by the hooves of others.” After saying that the stallion shook his head shaking away tears then continued on “ the horn I just was born with it never asked any questions about it just went about my life what about yourself” feeling her sniff his rear made him laugh “ like what is back there I roll in flowers when I can find them” then sweetly turning to nip her forelock he spoke “ behind me is fresh water and grass after you take your fill I will lay with you and hold you to keep you from freezing”

Unregistered
Saffron followed him closely as she could. A smile on her lips as she moved to make it to solid ground. As she made it her legs gave out and she fell to the ground. Laying down there for a bit before making attempts at getting up. Her attempts soon showed to be futile so Saffron laid there for a bit letting her head fall to get in some good rest. After about 20 minutes or so She got up shakily and leaned on her new friend. “I’ll get it…..” She said and once her bearing again and made it to the grass and water. Saffron took her time drinking and go into the water to wash off a little more. As she started to feel better she ate and thought about what Castiel had said to her that this was what he did and that he needed no thanks for it. Yet she wanted to thank him for it all and she could tell he had also seen some bad things. “I’m sorry about your family……mine is far away too they made me leave” She said and then shook her head not wanting to go into it and also not wanting to make him sad. To keep her mind off it she went back to eating. Once she was as fully as she could get she moved over to a part of grass and started to lay down slowly.. Her body creaking and cracking. As she hit the ground with a little thud she looked to where she thought Castiel was. “I love to have you lay with me and I really love the smell of the flowers you rolled in” Saffron smiled to him bright before looking to the horn again still finding it just amazing and kind of wanting to touch it, feel it. “What is your horn for?” She asked as she moved a little to make room for him..

Unregistered
Castiel felt bad for the lady to be all alone out in this yucky place it just didn't seem right to the stallion and who knew what would have happened to the mare if he hadn't heard her. The mare was exhausted so much so she fell when her hooves hit solid ground she tried hard to move to get up, but just couldn't so Cast just put his head against hers " rest I got you" so while she napped the stud kept guard like a statue refusing to let anything get at a defenseless horse. With loving eyes he looked over the mare she was nothing, but a sweet equine down on her luck, but at least for awhile he could get the painted mare back to strength. The stallion got excited when the lady came to and got to her side just when she leaned on him sighing he spoke " Its ok Saffron just give your body time it will rebound back you just need to get some rest what happened to you? " after he spoke cas led her over to the grass and water not at all leaving her side supporting the weight like a champ. When they went into the water he splashed in it a bit " funny how the small things make me smile" then after she ate and laid down the stallion laid down next to her and laid his neck on her snuggling close "sweet soul I have yet to figure that out myself I think its a weapon"

Unregistered
Saffron smiled at all the help he was giving her to hold some of her body weight and how it made her feel to be close to someone. “It look like art to me not something you take into a fight” She said and moved a little before moving her head and to his neck rubbing it. “What happened to me?” She asked back as if she didn’t know what he meant, Saffron fully did. “I was kicked out of my family at a very young age and when I got here A nice mare found me and was going to help me, Yet when I can around yesterday she was gone taken or left I don’t know” Saffron was sadden but the lost of her friend but getting a new one was just a good. “But I am your as long as you want to stay around” She then blinked a little pushing herself to stay up a little long for her new friend wanting to know more about him. Her tail flicked and her head moved away from his neck as she got more tired, Sleep was what she needed being young and never having what nutrients she really needed to grow up fully. She was strong and tall so she wasn’t too bad off but walking all day just took it out of her. “I also spent last night under a tree in what I think she said was called……snow its white and just amazing but really cold…..I also saw ice but it bit my tongue ” She laughed a little and shook her head again. “I am just…tired” Saffron got out before laying fully onto her side. She let out a soft nicker as if she was trying to fight the need to sleep still but soon her breathing slowed and went steady as she fell to sleeping.

Unregistered
Castiel loved being that equine who could give a sense of comfort to other who hurt in any way shape or form. It gave him a chance to forget his sorrows by taking on another’s issues and resolving them brought some sort of closure the paint couldn’t obtain on his own. Demons plagued everyone who ever walked in this world would have them no matter what for life had been a cruel teacher to all showing no mercy to any. Laughing at her comment the stallion nodded in agreement “could be so I guess never really think about it” then hearing her story made him frown and kiss her neck “well I won’t leave you alone to get hurt and I will be here with you as long as you need me saffron I won’t abandon you.” the stallion could tell it was hard for the mare to stay up to talk she needed rest, as she moved away from his neck the paint laughed with her “ snow is a beautiful thing of nature ice can have a nip to it indeed” he adored the mare in her young innocent way “ You need to sleep I got you and I will be here in the morning” then rested his head on her shoulder as he laid out fully feeling her fell asleep he did as well

Unregistered
Sleep was never came easy to Saffron even once she seemed to be out she could hear what Castile was telling her. She smiled to herself feeling so loved by him and safe in a whole new way. Soon she fell into a deeper sleep and the night passed without much she moved a little but nothing more. Once the sun came up and started to shine on Saffron she woke up fast the fear coming back of being alone again. Her head went up and looked around to where she was trying to find if anything was coming to get her., She soon was smiling wide as she saw that it was true that he hadn’t left her alone. Saffron couldn’t wake him up yet it was much to early for that since she wasn’t sure how long he had been up watching out for her keeping his word to keep her safe. So she got up to her rump first still waking up a little and shakily about using her legs. Soon she pushing herself up to stand. Still shakily but doing better then the night before. She soon turned to look again to make sure that she hadn’t woken him up and that he wasn’t a dream. Once she was sure that everything was good Saffron took herself into the water that was close. Splashing around and getting all wet. She was in for maybe close to 2 hours just liking the feeling of the water holding her and how cool it was on her body. Saffron couldn’t help to think of the snow and how he seemed to find it just as amazing as she did and that he could tell ice would bite back. As she saw the sun get a little higher into the sky she knew it was time to get out. As she got out and shook off some of the water and went over. “Castile?” She nickered at him before getting back to laying down creaking in her joints. She then rubbed his neck trying to get him up still. “Castile wake up its morning…..and I don’t know how long we can stay in this part of the land” Saffron said knowing that she couldn’t make it far if they did take off walking. Soon Saffron give up on trying to wake him and just laid there rubbing his neck.

Unregistered
Oh the nightmares that stuck in the painted stallions sleep were god awfully vivid it always end the same with his death by the hooves of those who once attempted to murder him in his home land. This resulted in a restless night for the unicorn he often jolted awake during his slumber in a hot sweat the boy’s parents were always there in the dreams. They died every time and no matter what the horse couldn’t stop them from being savaged beyond reorganization of their bodies the dams shrill scream like banshee was always the point he woke up. This was the case during the night with the mare every time he worried he would wake her, but would cling closer to her and sob himself back asleep only to wake again in a couple of hours. Having the mare there helped him through night allowing the stud to gain more hours of than typical. When morning came the unicorn was sound asleep cuddled against the lady he laid there in a fashion a foal would cuddle its mother through the night. With her getting up the stud felt it moaning slightly in response then fell back asleep off and on in a haze he could hear splashing after while he felt her warm loving touch on his neck once more. Stirring the unicorn woke up then curled up against the lady yawning saying “ Hello there gorgeous someone is feeling better this morning” the stallion lingered on the ground against her not wanting to leave the embrace they had, but she posed a good point they probably shouldn’t stay too long in one place. “ ok ok I will get up now I just enjoy your company where to next” he talked in a morning tone as he rose to his hooves and stretched then reached down to the painted mare kissing her shoulder “ thankyou for being there through the night I hope I didn’t wake with my constant stirring from hellish nightmares”

Unregistered
Saffron smiled to her friend as she felt him wake and saw him getting up. “We both have nightmares but with you mine never came and yes I do feel a bit better.” She was a bit puzzled by it but shook it off the thoughts of nightmares for the time.. “No you didn’t wake me and you kept me safe like you said so I thank you for that” She said and moved rubbing up to him trying to return the kiss but couldn’t reach laying down. “I-I hope I didn’t wake you up…..I tend to wake up with the sun someone from my old days I guess” Saffron sighed a little and moved to get up. She sat before pushing up and standing there not putting too much weight on her front hoofs. She looked over and rubbed the shoulder of the stud before smiling a little. “M-Maybe we should stay here since you where up in the night and I can’t stand up really” Saffron hated to make them stay in a way but it was pretty nice there. They did have food and water and each other. “Its up to you though….if we move on or not” She said before looking down and back to her friend. “What are your nightmares about?” It was a bit of small talk but in the same she wanted to know thinking of how he had gotten close to her thought the night and how he seemed to need a friend like she did. Before long the idea was pushed out of her head as she laid back down getting tired of the odd stance she was keeping. “I can tell you about my nightmares if you tell me yours” Saffron didn’t want to him to worry or feel sad for her like she had seen before so she kept to topics not about herself. “The water feels nice too and it was a nice morning laying with you” She went on talking about little things here and there.

Unregistered
The stallion was thrilled to see the mare feeling in higher spirits than when he found her the previous day it brought the unicorn pure joy with a smile. For his job had being going well the studs presence was warm and comforting something that the paint constantly expressed with every bit of body language he could. “ Really you to? I am glad I kept yours away with you here I got more rest than the norm for my body I haven’t had a peaceful sleep for years” the boy was surprised the lady had them attack her to she seemed so innocent so sweet, but then again he reminded himself the world didn’t take mercy on any soul nor pity them with any sort of care “ dear lady it was my duty to help you” after saying that he got all shy “ No you didn’t wake me I was already up in a way I phased in and out all through the dark hours” after talking the stallion put his head near hers he could tell by the way the mare got up and stood for a few moments the way she couldn’t bear weight on the front legs worried the stud. So much so he rushed to her side to support her weight again “You can’t move with this pain and I wouldn’t ask you to besides I rather love to be able to hold you once more so please just lay down I don’t want you to stress your medical issue” When the mare gave in and laid back down the stallion rubbed her legs with his muzzle they felt hot like they were swollen “ Oh dear that’s not good nothing bad though so don’t worry you just got to give it time to heal if you put weight on you will make it worse” after saying that the stallion kissed her legs “ My nightmare were about my parents I relive it every night the screams the pain the fear the torment always ends the same in death” he sighed and laid back down next to her “ I really enjoyed laying with you and want to I could use….” He couldn’t finish the boy got all shy then just snuggled tight up against her the embrace calmed him “ you’re a kind hearted soul”

Unregistered
Saffron smiled at him and how he was so willing to help her when she laid back down. She also couldn’t help to giggle at how he was being shy now. “Well I am truly sorry about your parents…. and I'm not that kind the world is just hard on some and I was one of that some” She then looked to her legs and back. “I guess I will lay here with you then” Saffron smiled widened at the kiss on her hot legs it did make them feel better. Before long he looked down and back up untucking her legs a little more to get closer. But it also started to show something shiny on her hoofs. She had them for a while showing that she wasn’t from around there at all. Saffron then rubbed his neck and mane a little. “I was chased away from my mom when I was really little….a mean stud wanted her but didn’t want a young foal with her….Most of my nightmares about that when he pushed me away and how this new creature took me putting me in a big box and then shipping me somewhere and all that went with it” Saffron sighed and shook her head to push away the tears. “But I soon ended up here. I don’t have nightmares about that just that I miss my family but they are long gone like a life I had lived….” She sighed a bit more before pulling her head up and looking at him with her smile coming back. “But we all had something we have missed, I think that’s why friends are nice to have so you can make a new family” Saffron then started to rub his neck again and lay there moving and shifting a lot as even laying wasn’t feeling good on her legs after sometime.

Unregistered
At the sound of the lady’s giggle the stud smiled even brighter it was good sound an uplifting sound that called out his laugh as well. He still felt a little on edge from the terrible dreams of the past night, but there was something about that sweet young mare that made the paint forget his past more. “It’s ok I appreciate the sympathy they are in a better place now” the unicorn looked at her with adoration in his eyes and seeing his kiss made her feel better the stallion continued to kiss them then rubbed them down slowly with gentle loving care “ you sweet soul” seeing the shiny things on the mare’s hooves made the unicorn worry that they were causing the issue “ dear those odd shiny things on your feet I think could be causing this I assume they are part of a past you rather would forget” The stallion held her close kept rubbing the horse’s legs with an tender affection he never had felt this close to another before he saw the tears in the back of her eyes “ I understand if it hurts to talk about it I am sorry to have brought it up” after speaking the stallion smiled when she did he nipped at her forelock. “A new family would be nice to have with someone sweet like you who cares with all she has” as he spoke he felt her touch on his neck again it was reassuringly sweet in response the stud kissed the mares neck then her legs again starting to rub them when she was uncomfortable “ I could attempt to remove those things on your hooves and if you’re not comfortable please tell me I don’t want you hurting dear”

Unregistered
Saffron looked over to him and kept rubbing his neck before moving again. The touch was amazing but also hurt in some way on her lot legs. “Things on my hoofs?” She asked and looked down. “Oh that….I think they where called shoes…..but I’m not sure why they are there but yes if you want to try” She then laid down on her side and put her hoofs out for him. Just moving her legs that much hurt but she didn’t cry out just closed her eyes and waited thinking about another things. “Yes a family a new family but I am no mother to any foal I am still young myself” She then giggled again and moved a little more. “Well thank you for thinking I am sweet and yes I would care but as I said I’m no mother” Saffron then laid there and closed her eyes. She could think of all the times creatures that had put on the things on her hoofs and how it felt. “Have you ever seen a creature that walks on two legs?” She asked look again to see if he had gotten them off or what as her legs still felt like they where on fire. “Its very odd but they seem to be nice other then they like to put that shiny things on me all the time and I never liked them” She then looked over. “They do other things too like you never have to look for food or water and they bring over sweets” Saffron smiled a little, They where nice to think about but there where things she hated about being around them but she wouldn’t tell unless asked. Soon she laid her head back down so he could work on her. “Just tell me when your done.”

Unregistered
Admiring everything thus far in the mare there was a way about her that fascinated the unicorn he could only imagine all the lady had seen throughout her life the horse shoes were the hook that drove the painted stallion’s interest even further. Loving the feel of her muzzle on his neck the stallion responded to the sensation with a soft settle nicker then played with her mane “They probably aren’t helping never heard of these shoes I have never seen them nor heard of their existence. Your got a story to tell don’t you I understand you might not want to go into and bring up painful memories, but know I am always here to listen to you lovely. I am going to be gentle, but you must tell me If the pain comes unbearable understood ok here we go” after speaking the stud kissed the mare’s cheek then rubbed against her in a reassuring way he knew she was in a lot of pain her painted body told so. With a puzzled look he stared at the shoes trying to figure out the best method to yank them off in the least painful way his brown eyes spied nails securing them to the hoof “Alright remember what I said this is gonna hurt” after saying that in a calm tone the painted tabiono attempted to clench them in his teeth then yanked with all his strength he felt them give a little, but those were some tough buggers he stopped and look at her worried “ you doing ok dear I think the swelling has gotten worse” after that the stud collected himself and shivered as the cold bite at him once more also because his mind strayed back into the past. Shaking off the thoughts flying in his mind the unicorn stallion returned to prying the shoes off “I have never heard of these two legged animals, but the abilities they must process if they were able to put stuff like this on you and get it to stay its fascinating in a way. You will know when I am done” after saying that with the shoe in his mouth the horse fell back a bit as it suddenly gave away this made him laugh hard at himself spitting the metal out he spoke softly “ well that was hard” then buried his head in her neck “ are you ok the legs look bad”

Unregistered
Saffron laughed a little to hear him nicker and play back with her. “Did you like that? And you really haven‘t seen this before? Because I knew I horse that had them on all four hoofs…“ She asked and liking the way he was so loving even when something was going horribly wrong. Soon her laughing stopped as she could feel it being pulled on and let out a whinny of pain wanting it to stop. “They are….and some where fun to be around until they put cold melt in your mouth and pull on it….or get on your back not the most fun but they are light” Saffron said trying to keep her mind off the shoes and the pain now really hurting her. She sighed before her head went up ears back and a loud nicker came out. “It hurts a lot..….” She said when he was pulling again. For the rest of the time she tried to think of things that where nice until she saw him fall a little. “Are you…..” She then laughed seeing that he got one but then laid back down letting out sounds of pain still. “You know when they put that one it felt hot…..and then they nail it to your feet…..they are also heavy but the two legs animals seem to like them a lot…since I got them changed a lot” She said still trying to keep her mind going to just talk and not cry or nip at him. After a while Saffron moved her head back up and looked. Her leg was now swelling up still and she couldn’t move it without shooting pain. “W-We still have the other one…..“ She said now the tears coming out and dripping a little. Saffron didn’t know what to do she wanted to get up and move to fix it but even just holding her leg out for this was hard. It soon just made her lay her head down wondering how the animals who put them on got them off. It also made her wonder if she would ever need them again and if so would she stand for it. As her mind thought about it she moved her leg and shot of her thoughts as she let out a high pitch sound. She now knew if came to it she would never let them be put back on.

Unregistered
The two equines played together like a colt and a filly just meeting for the first time not knowing at all what loved meant with their young minds, but man were they adorable together; so was the same case with these two painted horses. “Yes I loved it and lucky you only got the two on the front or I don’t think you could move at all right now if that was the case Saffron” he spoke worrying about her health however didn’t lose his affectionate way, but kept it going for the mare’s sake she needed that right now more than ever the stud thought. Hearing the painful whinny had been like nails on a chalk board to the tobiono paint it reminded him of a really dark point in his life. Shaking his head about the horse attempted in vain to dislodge what would follow this effort was in vain for just then the shrill scream sounded off in his mind making the ears of the unicorn pin tight to his skull. After a couple of minutes the stallion composed himself giving a simple “I am sorry to have hurt you just a little more longer dear your doing good just keep talking to me focus on me on my smile everything is going to be ok” after saying that the stallion took a break and just snuggled his head on her shoulder “these creatures you speak of are very powerful and I take it we are lucky to be far from them. Their ways are destructive dear from the sounds of it these damn shoes” after speaking he just held close her trying his hardest to comfort the lady before putting through It again “Your strong you can handle this one last one and after that I will find something to fight this swelling” seeing her tears made him want to cry so he just kissed her forehead then wiped them away with his muzzle “sweet girl sweet girl don’t worry your pretty heart before you know it will be over” speaking softly he kissed her one last time and returned to prying the second one come off easier for it was already knocked lose by some other cause after he finished he threw the shoe aside and quickly embraced her mindful to keep from touching the sensitive legs “ It’s over baby girl its over I got you hush now I will find you something to bring the swelling down you did such a good job dear” he spoke with deep affection as he cried on her the shouts brought back stuff he sooner forget than remember