the Rift

[OPEN] Held together with glue (Apodis)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

When the lights came on, everyone including myself either sighed or cheered out their pent up relief. The moon was perhaps the most beautiful thing I had seen in what felt like ages, and stars. Lord look at all the stars! I had almost forgotten what those shimmering diamonds looked like. Each was a tiny beacon of hope in this dark night, each a gentle reminder that we hadn’t been totally abandoned. Magic that was perceived dead—came back to life in a soft glow. I could feel the spools of power spilling rapidly around themselves, folding over again and again. A great breath emerges from my breast on the next exhale, despite its weak proportions this body felt full again. More whole. Yet, somehow something was still wrong.

I struggled to bring my magic to the surface, sand magic. The ability to move sand at will—it was perhaps my oldest talent and usually the easiest to produce. Gently, I coached illuminated granules up, but they didn’t fly as I chose. Instead a hoof full of magical dust did rise, only to dart out in all directions. Surprised by this, my threads gave quick release and the granules fell back to earth as harmless as they might. Bemused, I tried again only to achieve the same response. It would seem that things hadn’t returned to normal. My frame shuffles forward out from under the protection of our old magnolia, its bare branches looked like a lifeless skeleton jutting toward heaven in a vain attempt at salvation.
Our colours come alive when I collide with you
with you, with you
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Apodis Posts: 39
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 :: 12 Buff: NOVICE
Eaglecry

Apodis

I've become much too good at being invincible, I'm an expert at play it safe, and keep it cool
But I swear this isn't who I'm meant to be, I refuse to let my life roll all over me...

The buckskin felt the Earth's sudden change, something was happening and it felt.. strange. Golden cranium dipped to his knee's looking amisdt the ground for the signs of an earthquake, a pebble that wobbled, something. Then out of nowhere a silver light flooded the desert, everything illuminated with a irrdecent glow. His breath whistled through glenched teeth as his head shot up to the sky, followed by his front end reaching up into the air. The man in the moon was back, casting his silvery glow upon the lands, a sign of releif and glee flodded through the stallion and a sound of happiness exited his coffee stained lips as his weight bared back down to the sandy, crusted Earth, a cloud of dust burrowing up around his hooves, being carried away upon the gentle breeze.

Golden audits picked up on the sounds of the place, everyone was relived and it made him a little more optimistic. Even the depression he had fallen into was washed aside for the time being. He was back. Orange copper flevked orbs focused upon the one closest to him, of course this one was a winged beast, the land here seemed to be full of the creature's. That did not bother him one bit, it was time he got over the fear of wings.

He could feel the position of this fellow comrade, he was higher up in the ranks than himself, but not quite at the top. At that his curiosity spike and lith darker legs carried his muscular - if be a little scrawny now from lack of food - foward, straight towards this huge, wonderous creature.

As the buckskin neared, he could see the breat plate upon the Stallion, he was indeed something magnificent and by his posture and grace Apodis could tell he too was some kind of soldier around here. Once a soldier, always a Soldier. He showed himself full face on to him, standing with a relaxed poise, not tense but also holding himself rightful. He bowed his head towards him in a sence of greeting. "It's nice to have a little light back here" His tone was soft and just a general chat, not wanting to be too farward. "They call me Apodis, I am new to this heard" He bobed his head yet again, hoping that they didn't attack also, in case of them thinking he be an introder.

"Talk Talk Talk." @[Midas]
image credits
table by whit
[Image: 525f791c057b6]64HP
[Image: 52878c6669a55]
Lines by bronzehalo

Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

The impressive rocketing flame was close at hand, it washes us all in an unnatural glow and had for the last few weeks. That fire would be accompanied by thousands of heavenly hosts now, a welcome change. I stared at it with a mixture of emotion, and among those feelings was the faint flicker of hope. That tiny spark had been breathed to life. ‘Please,’ I thought, ‘return to us soon.’ The clan had come to life around me, some celebrated the return of moon and stars, and others stared grimly up at the night with a grim expression. Their hearts hurt too badly for hope.

Someone shifted in my peripheral vision, I glanced at said stranger instinctively and noted that he was walking toward me. Subconsciously my body straightened from its relaxed but sagged position; one couldn’t boast their position in life without looking prideful and obnoxious. But, at least one could try to look like we knew what we were doing. The golden stag bowed his crown to me, respectful and scoring polite points—I mimicked the motion with a small smile.

“It’s nice to have a little light back here.”

No disagreement would flicker across this mug, he would find nothing but thankful acknowledgement. Quietly I replied without jest or even the slightest hint of humor, “Aye, some had begun to think that the light would never return,” myself included. As mentioned before, a god’s passing of time and a mortals was totally off kilter. “They call me Apodis. I am new to this herd.” My gaze flickered to his good natured eyes, I bore into them not unkindly—quite the opposite for they used to be so similar to mine, “Well met Apodis,” the words came out as a sigh, “I’m Midas; and would offer you a warmer welcome but cheer has been hard in coming these past few weeks.” Knowing that ending a sentence on such a note could come off as rude, my lips moved to add, “But truly, I hope your time spent in Dragon’s Throat has been peaceful at the very least.”
Our colours come alive when I collide with you
with you, with you
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]