the Rift

[PRIVATE] no room for innocence

Sia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The moon.

Sia’s eyes cracked open, dazed from a restless slumber to grasp the fine silver edges of the moon. She lifted herself up from the ground, and felt strangely hollow. As if the shifting mirade of ghosts and spectres, the frightful crawl of ambiguity no longer clung to her. Things that were once thought to rule her from the inside out fell deaf and listless.

As if nothing in particular mattered, or cared. Besides the need tangled in her limbs to move, Sia had only the dull drum of her heart to root her back to the reality about her. Indeed, another day awaited somewhere in that eternal shade. With a sharp glance along the borders of the moon she began to move.

She stumbled at first within the Basin, for she had forgotten how to maneuver in the limited light in the presence of many. It was a matter of trusting oneself to step beyond the threshold of the snow, the unseen, to believe that the world held oneself like everything else. No matter, she persisted relentlessly until the stumbling became smooth, and the certainty dragged her further and faster. No later then, was she breaking past the threshold of the Basin and wandering out from its foreign hospitality.

Where was she headed?

To nowhere, to somewhere: until the land gave out and the space lifted her up. Hell did she know? It was 'something to do'. Without knowing how long or when the spectres would be gone, she embraced the complete lack of concern with an open mind. There was no one on the planet who cared, so why should she? Her friends inhabited graves, and their spirits whistled in the wind, where were those fickle strings that had choked her now? Of those composed in the wilds of survival, the fear of living?

I am living now, she proclaimed with a monotonous ring.

The hot breath from her muzzle coated her lips with frost. Her eyes remained half-lidded, while the machine churning her legs and pumping her lungs heated her core. She’d never felt so alive since arriving in Helovia.

At last she had entered the Deep Forest. Daring herself to run faster, weaving between trees, taking sharp turns and spotting fallen logs at the latest of seconds. Exhilerating for a youth who’d once feared what lied behind every trunk and sunken surface. But who knows? Perhaps Sia remained fearful, no longer conscious of its manifestations; living, thriving within its pulls in order to break as much of the suffering as she could. Resist its stings.

The white flicka, painted by the reds that accompanied her red roan finish had finally stopped her chaotic wanderings. Her eyes settled before the large tree ahead of her, as if its presence sucked all who trespassed along its viscinity. It cast a long shadow that had half laid upon Sia, brought upon by the moon glow. And just before it a pool stood so very still, glinting red, tempting as she stood. But she had decided to stay where she was, only as a means to see how long her freedom could truly last for.

[[ooc: for Seele]]

Seele the Necromancer Posts: 210
Deceased atk: 5.5 |
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 hh :: five (ages orangemoon) Buff: NOVICE
Abba
It had been to long, Mother Moon. Too, too long. With the return of the purple hues I could feel the pull of souls yanking into my brain. Some were stronger than others but I had no real reason to connect with them. All were singing songs of pain and misfortune. All were souls that were haunting the land upon which I was walking on. But what real reason did I have to even acknowledge their presence? Besides, as it seemed, Mother Moon still hadn't fully returned - either that or she had grown weaker over this endless night. I wasn't always connected with these lingering souls - though the four closest to me never seemed to lack their appearance. I wondered why, on occasion, such was true but in the end decided to push it to the back of my mind.

So, as I pushed my way on through the forest I didn't even pay attention to the roots that were strewn through the ground staggering upwards just enough to clip my hooves in an attempt to trip me. I, on the other hand, would not be tripped so easily. My hooves snapped up in a swift movement before my frame continued to float through the forest. I felt no desire to run. The self-harming thoughts that had plagued my mind as a young one were gone even though Zaron had not failed to remind me of the feeling of death. The monotony of movement and actions piling together and being squished into one. The way that everything lacked feeling. How it all seemed to be one tiny portion repeated. How I needed to feel pain to prove that I could feel anything.

When was that time? That time of insanity that had clung to my brain so sharply that it still had it's rods ingrained in my skull so that with the tiniest shock I could be sent over the edge? That time when I had gotten myself into a million fights, not afraid of dying, and simply asking for someone to come at me? How sharp the image of that insanity was! But how vague was the idea of how long it had lasted. How vague was the attempt to find when it started in my life and when it ended. Wait. I knew when it started. It had started when I had lost Liebling. I had given up on the care and I had thrust myself forward and challenged anyone in my path. Such a thing had caused me to stumble upon this world. But when I had stopped - that was something I wasn't sure on. Perhaps that might be because it was now forever a part of me. Perhaps that insanity was why I still had that insatiable desire for blood lust. Perhaps I had only gained that insanity because in all truth I had never felt any emotion at all - I had only felt pain.

It took me a second to realize the pull of the spirits had seemed to get more chaotic - as if they were screaming for... something. I didn't care. I didn't want to listen to their thoughts, it was too draining on my frame to do so. But, the anxiety to which they were pulling to gather my attention did allow my eyes to start to really take in the world that I was traveling around in. Instantly, I caught sight of someone careening through the forest with no real cares in the world. It seemed as though they were attempting to gain an adrenaline rush, that was all.

And then, the creature with flecks of red manifesting upon her frame seemed to stop suddenly. Her entire body residing beside a tree, though only about half of her frame was shadowed. I eyed her for a few moments, taking in her breathing as she stood there. I took careful steps, inching forward from behind the mare as I had been a few feet back, looking at her appearance and turning around a little to watch as she came to a screeching halt. I was careful in my approach - but not because I wasn't up for a fight - but simply because we didn't need much more attention drawn to the new group, The Asylum, than necessary. "Ello there, kleine. What has brought you to this forest?" I purred, fully emerging from the shadows I had been standing in before heading around a good horse length from her face. Time to see what I had been given to play with...

769 words
@[Sia]
If you're warm, then you can't relate to me
Credits
●☽ ☾●
Glory and Gore go Hand in Hand
That's Why We're Making Headlines
●☽ ☾●

Sia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The old fir…

Moon glow blurred radiantly along the fir. Nearly animated, partly due to the subtle presence of rogue winds winding in and beyond the forest canopy, diverging from the violent roars beyond them to settle here. The Deep Forest, in the heart of naked bark, while the steel green appendages of the fir defied the frigid and inhospitable climate, steadfast, vigilant.

Ironic, as the alter ahead of the monolith shimmered brightly in crimson. It was a horrific sight for the youth, in such a way that she became loathsome of the untouched beauty. The reason why her dull, brown eyes could not diverge from the grand creation.

Life; a plethora of sacrifices, proliferating, foraging ahead and devoid of guilt. Mechanical and cold. And there it stood in perfect synchronicity.

Her heart continued to swell with each beat, her pulse raging inside her head, throbbing against her neck and limbs. But each breath remained measured, filled and dumped in calm succession.

Then there was the voice, and the voice that carried words with it. She did not recognize what this stranger had called her, as she shifted quietly to grasp its source. The first thing she noticed had been the mare’s eyes. As the shadows lifted like fabric being pulled off from a coveted prize, a treasured secret, she saw yellow orbs she’d never seen before in a fellow unicorn. Regardless of the delicate symbol etched into her ivory cheek, or the rich blood soil of her physique, the stranger’s eyes danced with a predatory flare. Lending its source from the jungle’s most dangerous allies; felines, of jaguars and tigers… As a girl she’d only ever captured glances, slit, steady eyes watching steadily from a distance.

Alas, she stood silent, following said eyes with a patient and renewed focus. And indeed the fear, once more, threatened what heaven she had crawled herself into. It was hard to tell whether that temporary peace had been the adrenaline shot, or the desire to disassociate herself from what had been causing her the pain she wished to escape.

An ember that had hit wet bark, its fuel scarce, threatened to burn out.

And when it did go out, what would happen then? Would it all leave? End in smoke, drift into the sky as an offering? Because she couldn’t bear to live out the rest of her life running, weak and defeated.

“Defeat. Defeat has brought me here.” They had ran because they couldn’t fight. Murderers had become heroes, and heroes had become legends and leaders. Sia’s voice remained soft despite the edge in her tone as she finished. She was all out of tears, and it took too much effort to feel sorry for herself. Although the fear was pungent by habit, a sense of adventure filled her aching heart. At least, enough that she could confidently stand and speak freely regardless of who this stranger was. The answer was so simple, but not enough to warrant a smile or a cruel laugh. She would not allow that satisfaction for the amount of strife her kin had faced.

But having realized something in that moment – a nudge – a tug from some unknown depth, she threw her gaze upon the pool’s surface with a delicate frown.

“I’m confused. Defeat and confusion have led me astray, and now, here I am.” She blinked, before withdrawing a bit from the stranger, adding distance between them by backing up one, two steps. Facing on an angle now, south from the fir.

“Who are you?” Rarely had she ever been so bold, especially now, so far out from the Basin and from safety. But then Sia had rarely, truly felt safe.