the Rift

[OPEN] Pandora's Fateful End :: Death Thread

Rowan Posts: 76
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: 3 Years 4 Months
Brit

There is something about the morning that is deceitfully beautiful. It rouses us with its brisk rays, glitters in the treetops and spins the sky into cotton candy and gold. But as the day wears on, that beauty cannot stay with us. The darkness of this world is a scarred tattoo upon our hides, one we must bear the agony of re-opening with every step and shuddering breath. We bleed in ways nobody can see, ache in places nobody will know. Deep inside the tunnels of our being we are rats in a maze, racing to find an end that we’re terrified to think of. The whip tastes our flesh greedily, hungers for more, and we trudge beneath it trying not to show every other damned soul the tears that still fall from our eyes even after the years we’ve wasted in this tormented land. In hopes of salvation we cry to the ancient beings who grace us with their presence so very rarely, but we are a tiny speck in the timeline they have existed within. They can do nothing to alleviate our agony, nor clot our wounds, for we have brought all this pain unto ourselves. Shamelessly we break hearts; greedily devour land; angrily injure souls. The wars we must sweat and bleed in are children of our own creation, and therefore it is our curse to bear. Beings with higher mental capacities are damned, and I mean that not in the way of intelligence. So long as the earth spins and we walk the land, we will spread the lifeblood of our ancestors across the soil. Perhaps some ancient Pandora doomed us with her curiosity, releasing the evils that plague us. Or are we the plague, and merely call the sire by the offspring’s name? Do we turn a blind eye to our own faults, if only to feel as if we can justify our own suffering? Is that the only way in which we can find substance in our lives? Are we merely imagining the joy we feel, the light we hope is at the end of a tunnel we walk alone?

I’m tired of walking alone.

The weight of a mind is a terrible thing to bear. I do not live with a gift, as my long shadowed leader once spoke tenderly into my ears. The world was never meant to accept my presence, I am merely a placeholder for all the possibilities and potential that could have borne a decent person in place of my wasted space. Somewhere in the large scheme of things, I was an accident. We all have our burdens, and mine is to know everything at every moment in my meaningless existence. What have I achieved, I interrogate myself. A few walks along a sandy shore with sorrow as deep as the sea that washes it into finery? A forlorn venture into icy lands with a boyish faced stranger? No, my life has been nothing but quietude and complacency. Perhaps a burst of sublime chatter as my wealth of simple knowingness overflows and breaches the container of my mind, seeking a well to drain the excess that I cannot keep inside for fear of physically bursting from the strain. 42,048,001 breaths since I started counting so very long ago. How many of them are wasted? How many could have been put to better use standing up for something of importance? Even simply giving out my name in hopes of forging bonds that I lack so heavily to this day? All my life I have been dazed, a melancholic machine of manipulating numbers and monotonous metronomic musings. Where is Rowan? I feel I should be the one speaking it, as if I am a nameless figure that ghosts across the peninsula without disturbing a single blade of grass or trembling autumn leaf. All I’ve ever wanted was love, and in that I have succeeded only in the slightest of ways.

Sohalia, how I cherish you. I feel as if we share the blood of dam and sire, with how you understand me with such perfection. I cannot fathom the depths of my own musings most days, and yet you haul me through each time with a gentle smile and loving touch. You have given me Skysong, who has burrowed so deeply into my heart it is as if she is a fissure, a great canyon that I never wish to be without, and she fills it daily with her love and attentiveness. Resplendence, who has been at my side at my weakest, the only soul to understand the crushing intimidation of life itself, of fear. Of terror inspired and instilled by something we cannot visualize or verbally explain.

Three fireflies to guide me in a world of darkness, one which has consumed the only place I’ve ever dared to name ‘home’. All around me there is nothingness. The ticking in my head grows louder, the rhythmic beating of my heart triple-timing in the echoes of my ears. The consistency has not changed, the counter is far from off, and yet I feel as if every breath and heartbeat tears apart my head in the utter silence left in the disappearance of the gods. It is all I have left to focus my curse upon, and soon instead of counting every beat or breath, I count the seconds in between, or perhaps the duration of one or the other. I drive myself into a tearful frenzy those first few hourless days. My mind cannot comprehend a change in routine. The sun rises and sets approximately every twelve hours, and yet now I am left bereft and sightless in far more ways than one. All I can comprehend is that I am running, that the earth is still spinning beneath my walkers. I am somewhere undeniably moist, and I stumble through a consistency similar to mud. My legs are frozen, and I am scared scared so scared mother where are you why did you abandon me? I don’t recall being here, but then again I can hardly make the monstrosity I was born with work with my psychotic emotions currently. I stumble and thrash, force myself into this unknown substance, and do anything to focus on the noises that do not bring attention to myself, my body, my diseased soul and curse of curiosity. I am utterly destroyed, composure shattered, and finally I can understand the agony lurking beneath my own blinders.

I can move no longer, and stand shuddering against what feels like a poplar tree. I have nowhere left to run, to hide. I only have one option left, and it makes my insides shudder and quake until I fear they will simply fall through the weak canvas of my skin to disappear into this void of blackness. There is nothing else I can do, and finally I reach internally for the one box I have never opened, the one latch that has remained unflipped for fear that accepting mental breakdown would kill me. Somehow, in this new world at this very moment, I cannot fathom why I ever would have been afraid of death in the first place. Why should I continue to fear letting go of my mental restraints? Why grasp for a parachute to slow my freefall into madness? Perhaps letting my own curse destroy me will make the awful ticking ticking tock tock tick stop.

I open the box.

I am Pandora at last.

---
This is Rowan's death thread; if you would like to say goodbye to her after she has been wounded, please post! Order is irrelevant here. Resplendence to post first please as Rowan will be protecting her when she dies.

Tags:
@[Ulrik]
@[Resplendence]
@[Skysong]
@[Sohalia]

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
and i'd tell that i miss you but i'm sure it doesn't matter at all
What was this land? Where was I going? Everything was getting darker! But, was that even possible with the moon so gone and the sun had not risen? Apparently it was possible, because the farther out in these trees she got the less of the amber glow of the lamps there were for her to follow. Her audit was spinning around, attempting to take in all the sounds that were causing her to jump and to want to run.

Of course, it didn't take much to send this mare bolting. A branch snagged onto her tail, almost locking into the ground until she ripped herself free and went tumbling through the forest until she felt as though she had stopped in a good spot. That spot, you ask? Why, that spot happened to be the spectral marsh. Haunting cries of the bloated dead bodies on the water were shrieking through her ears. So, with one last take off the mare went running. Running in circles, attempting to stay on the safe trail that even she really didn't even know. She should be dead. One misstep and she would be sucked into the marshy waters without even a second chance at saving herself.

Her nostrils flared and sides heaving, Resplendence came to a sliding halt as she swore her eyes fell upon a mare she recognized. Letting out a shaking breath she backed up, careful not to allow her hooves to sink in the mushy ground which was the dead bodies graves. "Ro-Rowan?" she questioned, her voice breaking a little bit before starting to edge closer to the chocolate vixen. "Rowan, it's been too long..." her voice breaking at the end as she stood but a few feet from the mare who was leaning against the tree. She was shuddering, shuddering as I was. Fear had grasped both of us again - but this time I didn't know what was causing hers. "Rowan. What's wrong?" I ask, my voice beginning to pull a little bit stronger as I edge closer to her, hesitantly bumping my muzzle to her shoulder.

Something was wrong here. Something was drastically wrong...

362 words
-going to be gone for at least 2 days, up to a week. Just a heads up <3
Credits
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Ulrik the Engineer Posts: 235
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 hh :: 11 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kirchoff :: Common Hellhound :: Superspeed Tamme

The black creature was not afraid of the night, not frightened of the darkness that wrapped his charcoal coat like a kiss from the loving parent he never had. Cloven hooves slid across old, dead bones and corpses preserved in the marsh from lack of oxygen exchange which promoted the decay of living things. Here, in this place, the cycle of nature was interrupted. The bodies did not return to the earth, and instead, they remained juicy and quite real looking (albeit wrinkly) just beneath the surface of the opaque slime.

Ulrik felt as if he were cheating death in this place, his own living muscles able to propel him beyond those who had been stagnant for so long. Could they be revived, reformed, remade? Could he bring them back to life with a little shock and maybe a new heart? Could he make them his own? Love them, cherish them in a way only a father could know? In the absence of the sun, the already frayed and tattered mind grew even more sinister, his plans becoming ever more grand, violent and brutal. Would only metal horns on all the hornless satisfy him now? Would it sate the thirst for domination, desire and yearning?

No. Never would his thirst for power and corruption be quenched.

In an alternate world, at the height of his throne, he would aspire for greatness, ever learning, every experimenting with thousands of subjects at his disposal. The sun would not rise on his empire, and the skies would weep blood. A simple engineer, a learned mechanic, becoming the king of all things and the bringer of the apocalypse. He would herald the new age with his strength and guide them with his mind, and oh did he dream.

Could it start here? Could it start now? This glorious and inspiring revolution? All it took was one.... one mind.

All it took was one move and the entire system would fall, come crashing down in one feel swoop, but he had yet to get in a position where he could see the entire game board. Frustrating, that he was still only a rook, the strong castle on the fringes only allowed to move in a linear direction. He wanted more. A king was too limited, absolutely, but the bishop and the knight could move even more subtly. Somehow, he had to find this position and skate easily across the fields until every square was visible.

But in the darkness, every square was black and every square was his. They now walked on his mini-game. On this moonless night, he used the lamp-like eyes of his hellhound to see more clearly, and the darkness of his coat swallowed the light hungrily. Ulrik danced at the sound of desperate, female voices, lost in the hollows of his most favored location. Would they play with him? Would they run and scream and cry and all the frivolities of fear? Oh he hoped so.

The squelching sound of a beast moving in the slime preceded his arrival. In the darkness, the beast tilted his head, an innocent gesture turned disturbing as he spied the two females, both without horns. Ulrik smiled darkly, showing the whites of his teeth in a most sinister way, a mad way. His mind was full of gears that turned and turned and turned and never, ever stopped turning. Each image was glorious, disgusting violence and they churned out with every cycle.

"Time to join your friends, deep beneath the surface...." he rumbled, the quality and tone of his voice more like a diesel engine with rocks thrown into the gasoline tank.

Without warning, Ulrik lunged at the mare who had gasped the name "Rowan" so stutteringly. Massive, coiled muscles gathered in his haunches, propelling his body like a train from the murk. The stallion swung his head to the side in tandem, jabbing the dual, long, curved horns at the one mare, hoping to impale her on his very head.

BRINGING YOU ANOTHER DISTURBING CREATION
from the mind of one sick animal who can't tell the difference

Credits

Deceased
Brit

Muck, murk, madness. Thick upon me it clings, suffocating, stifling. I am a sole speck in this master universe, my mind cannot comprehend its own insignificance. How frail a single life is, how short, a tiny spark in the grand scheme of the ever spinning galaxy we are stuck within. Air refuses to suck into my lungs, and I feel as if the earth shakes and shudders beneath me with the ferocity of an untamed beast. It isn’t for many long moments that I discover with an odd detachment that the jerking is coming from my own body, my muscles betraying me, completely losing control over my sensibilities and motor skills. Wounded, wrecked, worthless. All around come whispers, taunts, sick cadences of insidious vows that coil in my harks and bleed into my cranium to wrap like liquid cyanide around my thoughts, stabbing deep into the weakness inside me, cackling as I crack and crumble beneath the weight of something nobody can see, comprehend, envision. Cold, cold, so cold. Chill seeps into my bones, into my flesh and soul, a slice of a scalpel down my spine, sweet agony. Ligaments, joints, tissue. I am a machine, I am nothing more than a container. All working in perfect harmony, a melody I wrench my ears away from, shrieking as I try to find meaning in a life already ending, forever working its way towards rest in a place I fear to believe in.

Shudder, shake, slip, stumble. Scream.

A wailing demon struck through with an arrow I am wounded, shrieking into the emptiness we have been left in, ripping my vocal chords in that delicious torment I seemed to embrace like a lost lover that had never existed at my side. They bleed in my thoughts, uncaring of the inescapable fact that physically I am perfection, am the epitome of health that accursed borns look to with envy as I waste away splendor they were not permitted. This fleshed prison betrays me, demanding sweet oxygen, and I must waste away my cry to obey. My pants come in sobs, quivers and quakes only worsening as I stumble and scrape my hide against unseen trees. Whether they are sightless due to the darkness we have been abandoned in, or my own treasonous tears, I am clueless. Such things that were easy and effortless are now a struggle. My mind has betrayed me at long last, stabbed an impeccably crafted dagger between my ribs, one I had created through years of toil. I had anticipated this act of betrayal for years, but the leap off the cliff of sanity and control is far more terrifying than I had been attempting to prepare for.

Words, whispers, worry.

Resplendence?

Sob, shake, sniffle.

I turn my head, braced upon the poplar, and meet her worried nudge, brushing my muzzle across her cheek as I shake like the last autumn leaf in a gale far too strong for my meagre will. ”R-Resplendence...” I whimpered brokenly, and I can feel my tears sliding unbroken down my cheeks, chilling my face further as the cruel icy wind brushes past us sinisterly. ”I-I....I-” My mouth does not function, my tongue thick and heavy in my mouth, my lungs scrabbling for air up my throat despite the breaths I draw. Blind with hunger for something I cannot give, cannot seek.

I am interrupted in my explanation, one I feel I can’t form mentally nor physically. Satan slithers in the swamps, venomous eyes pinpointing its prey for the night. I do not see it immediately, a ripple of shadow all that attracts my eyes, and then a hellish whisper, gravel crunched into brittle bones, growl of a hellhound from the reaches of the bloodied depths of the spirit world where tainted souls scream their fury into flames and sear the flesh off their own bones just to feel again. He lunges.

I get pulled back in time.

”Don’t call me small!” A young Rowan lurched forward towards the much larger colt nearest to her, teeth wide as she clenched down on his fat neck, swollen and plump with milk from a mother who had not abandoned him. She does not see his friend charging for her side, but she feels the ram of his body into her flank, ripping her teeth soundly from his companion in a spray of crimson as she is brought to earth brutally, stumbling. Winded, she gasps uselessly, unable to move as they leap upon her to put her in her place.

Pain.

Now, I face more than a hornless colt, I face a full grown demon with spikes upon his brow. They aim not for me, but for a soul so pure and so close to me I dare to call her my sister. More than wind will be knocked from her precious body, life itself will. ”No!” I bellow and shove forward from where I had turned to talk to Resplendence, using my right shoulder to aim to shove her away from him, to take her place as I lunge forward.

You have so much more to live for than I do, Resplendence.

Pain.

It’s deja vu, as I feel those spears pierce my side, rip me apart in punishment for an act both heroic and selfish. I scream, I cannot help it, even if this cur does not deserve the satisfaction of hearing my agony in his ears. I seize, shudder as my vision whites out, driven through on his spikes. There is nothing I can do to fight back, I can’t even imagine doing so as fire plants itself within my body, rips me apart and stomps on the shreds, rakes up and down my insides with claws of blood and stone. Carmine is quick to flow in hot streaks down my side, running to drop as acidic rain upon the bog, the dead feasting upon the fresh life even as mine will surely wilt away to meet them. I don’t want to die in a place like this, I don’t want to be afraid when I die.

A lung must have been pierced, for blood is upon my tongue and sprays over my lips as I scream and wheeze. It’s all moving so fast, how long has it been since he rammed his horns into me? It feels like years.

This is what you get for being so weak, Rowan. Mother was right to leave you. A freak deserves to die in a place like this.

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
and i'd tell that i miss you but i'm sure it doesn't matter at all
Why was Res down here? What had brought her to the conclusion that heading to the south was going to be the best? Perhaps her route had been knocked off, after all, she really only moved to the east anymore, toward the Heavenly fields or the Threshold. Perhaps she had been given the idea that she should explore more of these lands now that she was safe inside of a home. But, whatever had called her out here had allowed her to bump into Rowan again. The mare was crying as much as Resplendence was shivering and when she was met with a nudge across her cheek Res can only see the unstoppable flood of tears. "What's wrong, Rowan?" She questioned, immediately wishing to wrap her neck around her friend in a form of a hug to console the mare who seemed to truly understand just what it was like to live in a world full of horror. Rowan stutters, no real sentences forming from her mouth, but she is still crying and Res cannot ignore that.

She goes to shuffle in closer to Rowan only to hear the demonic sound of something telling the two that they are joining the creatures that are floating, bloated and preserved in the marsh. Instantly, Res freezes, her voice locked in her throat. None of her muscles wish to work but all her mind can think is run. It was like when the war had finally reached her little cove with her parents. It was like when the Grey had invaded the Foothills. All the pain and anguished filled her mind and kept her hidden there. The bodies strewn at her feet dragging her deeper and deeper into her memories as if they were the bodies left on the field. The bodies of her parents - the bodies of those who were so badly injured from the Foothills before all had been thrown to the dogs. The way that they were left there, as if they were meaningless. All left to a grave that no one would truly understand. Somewhere to come back to with tears rolling down their face to ask why it was they had to pass away. It was like a cemetery, but a much crueler one. As at least at a cemetery it was a marker that their body was in the ground below - here you could see them, bloated but mostly the same. You could hear the cries as it wound through the trees, carried on the wind. And you could do nothing to bring the bodies back to life.

Frozen. That was all she was, believing maybe she would get to join Ciro - her mate who had started to make her strong - and her twins - who had been the reason for her to try - who were now floating up in the heavens somewhere. Her eyes squeezed shut and she took in a deep breath to the sound of pounding hooves waiting to feel the horns as they impaled up against her chest, her side, some vital organ. But, all she heard was a scream. A yell of "NO!" and the sound of more hooves taking off. And then, the weight of a frame pushing against her and knocking her to the ground, farther to the right and out of the way of the creature who was now attempting to allow her to finally have a grave - to finally have a chance to join those who she had lost who were so dear to her heart. Again, her words are caught in her throat, but her eyes can open now and she sees Rowan, horns impaled in her side and a loud scream of anguish cutting the cold, winter air like a knife. Her eyes lock upon the black creature who had just impaled the only one who had truly understood Res's fight. Words finally begin to come to her as she clambers to her feet, the bodies around her pulling her straight back to the battle scenes, the rusty scent of the blood filling her nostrils as she finally goes to stand right behind the mare who had just given her life for her. "Rowan. Rowan. Stay with me! Someone will come. I promise!" Res pleaded, golden orbs filled with hatred as she looked toward the curled horns covered in blood. "Get out of here! Go! You've already won!" She broke, tears streaming down her cheeks before she dropped down beside Row, wrapping her neck around the mare that was so brave and broken. "Rowan. Someone's going to come. Someone's going to heal you. You're not going to die. I'm not going to let you die. I won't let it happen. Please. Stay with me!" She begged, her eyes, squeezed shut after seeing the blood starting to spray from the mare's lips as she feels her wheezing with each scream that is escaping from her maw.

No. Rowan would not die today. She didn't want her to be forever stuck in this marsh. Someone had to come. "SOMEONE! ANYONE. PLEASE. HELP!" she screamed at the sky, hoping that the wind wouldn't hinder her call, only push it out farther. "PLEASE. SOMEONE! YOU HAVE TO SAVE HER!" Her voice was breaking, tears falling onto the earthen mare she had come to love as a sister but not get to meet with much. She needed to learn to heal. She needed to. If only she knew how to heal. She could stop the blood from escaping her. Her mind, kicking into overdrive as she attempted to put pressure on the wound with her head, pressing as hard as she could even though she could feel the blood seeping into her own coat and chilling her further. Stop the bleeding. Stop it! It needed to stop, and her heart needed to keep beating. There was no other way! Why wouldn't it listen to her silent pleads? Why wouldn't it stop gushing blood? Why wouldn't it stop being spit out of her mouth? Why wasn't her chest expanding fully anymore? Why was she still wheezing? Still putting as much pressure as she could on the wound she screamed out again, "PLEASE! I BEG OF YOU. IF YOU ARE NEAR AND YOU KNOW ANYTHING AT ALL ABOUT HEALING PLEASE COME. SHE'S GOING TO DIE OTHERWISE." Her entire body couldn't stop trembling as she switched the side of her cheek on the wound. "Rowan. Please don't die. You have to stay here. You have to live. Please. You're like a sister. I need you..." she broke out, pleading with the one who could barely breathe, as if she could decide her fate. As if, maybe, just maybe, if she didn't give up she would be able to pull through.

And now, here she was, pleading to the Gods that she wasn't even sure existed anymore. Pleading with them, in her skull, that they didn't let her die. Her body trembling and trying it's hardest to put as much pressure on the wound even though the blood was soaking through her pelt and into her neck. Too much blood loss. Please. She can't die. Again, she screamed out. Her voice torn again, the volume dying. "IS ANYONE OUT THERE? PLEASE..." Was anyone even coming? She was going to lose her best friend if no one came. And she couldn't lose anyone else. She had already lost too many. All of them had been good souls.

Gods. This was all Res's fault...

1273 words
OMG So sad. I can't stop crying ._.
@[Sohalia] && @[Skysong] && @[Ulrik]
Song for the thread
Credits
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Amara Posts: 136
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sameira :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire dark

AMARA
We are the ocean, pushing and pulling others to us

Screaming.

Horrible screaming.

I thrashed about, whimpering as I dreamed of mommy, blood leaking from her eyes and her mouth. I wailed, opening my eyes shakily. I blinked, Sameira curled up against me. I nudged her, forcing her to wake up. I stood up, my legs shaking a little. I looked around, wondering why I felt as though something was off. Suddenly I heard a loud scream, someone calling for help. Perking my ears, I wandered towards the source.

I started racing forward as the screams became louder. I spotted a horrible sight, a black unicorn standing there, his horn bloody. A mare slumped against the ground, blood everywhere. Blood.

Blood.

BLOOD.

I stood frozen, paralyzed in fear. I couldn't see the dead body completely because a mare was looming over the body, but I could see blood. So much blood. I shriveled up, crumbling into the shadows. Sameira nuzzled me, whimpering. Standing up, I dared to wander closer to the scene. I tried to remain in the dark, gliding towards the scene. Stumbling into the light, I frowned. I didn't mean to reveal myself, but I did. My little hoof landed straight in a little puddle of blood. I held back a screech as I saw it.

I dared to lift my gaze, spotting the body. It was closer now... they were closer now. And suddenly, my mind was open. I heard mommy's voice, but it was being drowned out by all these wails... the wails of the spirits, trapped here in the Marsh. I shut them all out, mommy's voice now just a faint whisper. I had shut my eyes now, but I opened them, looking at all the blood. I forced myself not to get sick... not to cry.. no, it was too late for that. I had tears welling up in my eyes. Looking down at the chocolate mare's body, I frowned, muttering. ”I-I'm sorry about your loss...” I felt horrible. I wished I could have saved her. I looked at the black stallion, his horn was bloody, and I gasped. So... he... he was the murderer? I widened my eyes, shrinking away from the stallion. I stepped away from him, closer to the mare and the body. Sameira started growling, but I nudged her. I looked down to spot a dog beside the black stallion. Frowning, I realized she may have been snarling at him. Or was she snarling at the stallion? Either way... she clearly didn't like the duo. I just gazed, tears still in my eyes.

Maybe I should alert Seele? We couldn't have a body just laying here... maybe I could ask to give the mare a burial? We couldn't drag it to a meadow to bury her... so what could we do then? I pushed the thoughts away, and looked at the body. It scared me as I thought of mommy. Her bloody body laying in the sand, sinking away. I craned my neck to touch mommy's rib, closing my eyes. It was entwined in my mane, a souvenir, something that would help me remember mommy (I also had her feathers).

I shivered, begging myself to stop thinking about mommy. Instead, I wandered away from the group, hiding everything but my face in the dark. I watched from afar, waiting for the scene to change while holding back my tears. Even if I didn't know this mare, it pained me to see the dead. Especially because this was almost like daddy during mommy's death, moaning over mommy's body, screaming, crying.

”Talk talk talk.”

[[hope no one minds amara popping in. now... -goes to cry-]]

Image Credit

Ulrik the Engineer Posts: 235
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 hh :: 11 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kirchoff :: Common Hellhound :: Superspeed Tamme

Ulrik's target had shifted from the one-eared freak to the plain one, Rowan. He did not stop, and he did not hesitate. The impact he felt against his skull and bones rattled down his spinal column and then he braced his muscles against the tension and ripped upward. Both horns had made purchase, tearing the flesh nearly in half in a bloody, glorious mess. The creature would not have much longer to live, and he would commend any pitiful bastard who tried to carry her body out of this sludge.

She would stay here, forever and ever, amen.

The other mare's panic was an irritation on his ears. Did they not know why? Were they so trained to believe in this nonsensical ideal of equality? None of them knew their place, none of them! It was an affront to reality, an affront to science and everything factual and good! Oh merciless gods, why they let these pitiful creatures roam with this false ideal of freedom? They are lost lemmings, and he just... was the cliff.

Still, irritating that the other little lemming didn't follow, didn't fall on her sword. Another came, and Ulrik's irritation grew. He was not done with the body. He had too many grand ideas, and lest he tortured a live comrade, he needed a cadaver. But, it seemed as if fortune only went so far on this day. With a grunt, he turned his body so that the tell-tale bronze marking along his dirty, oily hide wouldn't be seen by the pegasus who approached.

Then, like a shadow, he slunk back into the darkness, hiding silent, waiting, but unseen.

@[Resplendence] @[Rowan] @[Amara]

BRINGING YOU ANOTHER DISTURBING CREATION
from the mind of one sick animal who can't tell the difference

Credits

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
[Image: sohtable.png]

SOHALIA

Something is wrong.

Something is horribly, horribly wrong.

I cannot say how I know, but the feeling of unease has settled in my chest, and I find myself pacing a wall that I cannot continue to build, restless. Finally, I take to the air, wondering if somehow that will rid my mind of the panic pressing in at the edges, emotions that are in all likelihood caused by the endless night that has settled across the land. It is odd, flying in darkness; I have come to rely so much on sight that it is hard to do anything but. For a moment, I wish that I had Rasta's gift of feeling the vibrations of the land, but then I remember that it would do me little good so far above the ground.

I have returned to my pre-pregnancy fitness, or have very nearly done so, with only a few traces of weight still clinging to my stomach. It makes flight that much easier. I am surprised by the terrain I am able to distinguish from the tiny droplets of light scattered along the well-worn paths of Helovia, amazed at how well I have learned our roads and landscapes. I would not have expected to be able to find my way unerringly into the jaws of disaster, and yet I arrive there all the same.

It is the shriek of panic that drew me in, the frantic cries for help, and the feeling of powerlessness, of fear, of something truly and inescapably wrong returns. I want to run, I want to hide, I want to be anywhere but here, and yet I know that here is undoubtedly where I must be. I land in the marsh, terrified by my surroundings and the cries that seemed to surround me. I take a few steps forward, and I am met by the sight of a young filly, and then a full-grown mare. The youngling seems at a loss; I bypass her without a second look, though normally I would have been very much concerned with her safety. The mare is panicked; again, I pass her by when I know I ought to stop, for I have seen what lies beyond.

A low moan escapes my throat, for I have no words for the tragedy that lies before me. I sink to my knees at the side of my dearest friend, my legs suddenly unable to hold my weight. "No," I gasp, a choked whisper as I collapse further, cradling her body with my own. "No, Rowan, don't do this," I plead, though I know it is useless. Oh, if only I had learned to heal, if only I had kept an eye on her, if only, if only, if only... You are my sister, you are my soul, you are the second half to my whole... "Please," I whisper.

And the tears begin to fall.

"talk talk talk"

Live... I want to live on fire
Die... I want to burn out brighter
Brighter than the northern lights
Want to live to feel the daylight

Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Skysong Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The spectral marsh has been my home for as long as I can remember now, and I do not appreciate unwelcome visitors.

And so it is with a vague sense of satisfaction that I wander into a scene smelling of blood and sounding of chaos. Oh, there's Amara - though I know it's really Eris. Perhaps this little gathering isn't so unwelcome after all, if she is here. Although she really doesn't seem to know what to do with herself. Hmm. Maybe it is only Amara. Maybe Eris is one of these others grouped around. My mouth twists in a sort of grimace as I walk forward, my head held high. I'm of a higher rank now, after that spar with Eris; ah, Eris, Eris, Eris, how I want to please you! Perhaps this is a test, a way to find out how I would handle this situation. Well, I will pass with flying colors, just you watch me!

Eris couldn't possibly be the terrified mare with all the lacing along her back. She's screaming and panicking and just throwing a fit, isn't she? What a mess. I scoff at her and move forward, my auds flickering for a hint of Eris's voice, my orbs scanning the ground before me for any sudden drop offs or mud holes. I don't particularly like to get dirty, which makes calling the Marsh home a bit... odd, come to think of it. Still, it's where Eris brought me, and if she says it's home, then home it is. I take a few steps forward, and then something new appears in my vision, something that was previously hidden by darkness.

And I am confused, because Eris could not possibly be Mother, but she could not be a dying Auntie, either.

I gasp, pausing in my haughty gait, unable to tear my eyes away from the scene before me. Mother cradles Auntie, who is bleeding quite profusely. That's whose blood I smelled? That is who is the cause of all of this? Anger and fear bubble up in my breast simultaneously. On the one hoof, I want to track down whoever did this to Auntie and kill them; on the other, I need to find Reizend to heal her. But will our healer help an outsider? Should I want her to? Should this horrible mixture of emotions be present in me?

I take a step forward, and then I hesitate.

Surely love is not a sign of weakness. I may not love Mother, but Auntie always tried to help me. She always tried to get me out when Mother was smothering me.

Please don't die, Auntie.

Another step forward, and a whispered word, inaudible: "Please." And another step, another lyric, louder now: "Don't die." I arrive beside the only mare that I have unconditionally loved, besides Eris. My maw is by her face, and I sniff slightly before I try to say, "Please don't leave me, Auntie." Maybe I didn't see you very much, maybe I left you alone in the Throat, but please, Auntie, please don't leave me like this. Please don't let this be the last. Please, Auntie.

Please.

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Skysong
venomxbaby.deviantart.com || momotte2stocks.deviantart.com || KeriAnn-Art.deviantart.com

Deceased
Brit

The sensation of sliding from the coal foe’s horns is...strange. It pulls the blood from her canvas like a magnet, pouring down her chocolate sides, thick and hot. Why was it still so hot against her own skin, her lifeblood? It did not feel so warm within her flesh, did it heat up at the notion of death? Such a ridiculous thought, all things considered. What is left of her brilliant mind- aside from the main portion screaming it hurts, it hurts, it hurts!- scoffs at such an idiotic thought. The tips leave her frame, scraping and pulling the skin as her hooves touch down on the bog more firmly than they had before. Her scream tapers, and she is oddly...silent. What does the exhalation of shrill sound and air do to fix her predicament, after all? Her knees crumble beneath a weight that is, at best, miniscule. The swamp welcomes her greedily, putrid waters sloshing up her sides. It takes her a long, long time before her vision clears slightly, her ears no longer ringing with the echoes of her own scream. There is a warmth that covers her shoulders, her belly. Head lolling, she shudders and a gasp claws down her throat, pretty blue eyes glossy and terrified. She doesn’t want to die. She doesn’t.

Your life was meaningless, Rowan. Why bother hanging around? You’ve done your duty, now stop whining and let go.

But she doesn’t want to. Few as they may be, she has loved ones here. Could she garner the strength to do that to them, even if she was a completely useless friend only meant to be there for when nobody else was, and left at the moment the others returned?

Against her will, her muscles are spasming, shuddering, seizing. Resplendence is speaking to her, and then screaming, screaming, screaming. It hurts her head, her heart, her very soul. To know she meant something, that she would be missed, had pale tears slipping from her glassy oceanic orbs. Blood is on her tongue, spatters in tiny droplets on her lips when she struggles to speak in the silence of Resplendence’s words, her sobs the only cadence she speaks to. “R-Res…” she chokes out, gurgles softly before swallowing the blood that lurches into her throat from the hole in her lungs. “Do-Don’t waste...your br-breath on me. I...I do-don’t want to di-d-die. But if it means y-you can...I-I love you, R-Res. Your l-life is more impor-portant than mine. Just...j-just stay…” her voice cracks and she coughs sharply, a spray of crimson mist upon her lips as her body convulses. Tears continue to fall down her cheeks, the only sign that she is scared, scared, so scared.

They don’t remain alone as Rowan weakly attempts to curl in return around Resplendence, the only soul who had ever understood the terror she experienced every day of her life, the hatred of herself, even the dismay of knowing how much of a freak she was. A youngling comes across them, stumbling, and Rowan casts her fading sapphires her way. Who is she? Why is she speaking as if she is already dead? Dying she may be, but...but she has to hang on. Just a little longer. Tell Resplendence how much she loves her, how much she means-!

An agonized moan meets her ears, and she frantically struggles, blood slipping faster down her pelt, afraid. Has he returned? Has he managed to harm Resplendence, the foal? I’ll never be able to be a mom. She has to stand, she has to get up! She has to protect them! Her fight is killed when someone, face blackened by the pain brought to her in attempting to defend those precious to her, drops to their knees in a sick version of prayer on the side that Resplendence does not occupy. She stops fighting, lets her vision clear, but before she can recognize the newcomer’s face, her vocals touch Rowan’s ears. Instantly, she knows who it is.

Sohalia.

How did she know? Why is she there? Is she hurt?

But, beneath all this panic, her heart burns with love. With gratitude. Whatever immortal somewhere in the vast expanse of the universe sent the beautiful maiden to her side as she died...she would forever thank them for allowing her this last goodbye, for letting her have the time, the possibility, to have her be there to comfort her when she left the mortal plane. “S-Sohalia…” she whimpered, a child blindly seeking it’s mothers touch. Rowan doesn’t question why or how she’s there. How she simply knew what was happening. Instead, she focuses on the pain in her sister’s voice, blearily opens her eyes. “I-I’m sorry, Soh...I’m so s-sorry...I-I guess I’ll...I’ll never give you a...a godchild, a niece or ne-nephew…” she laughed weakly, bitterly. Returning the soft touches as best she could, yearning for her, so happy in her last moments.

Everything was...was becoming a bit numb. Fuzzy. Pleasant.

Only to be disturbed again, this time by another youth. There is no more fight in her, no more energy to struggle to her feet to protect. Her noble heart can only take so much, and she can feel the breaths getting harder to breathe in, the blood is everywhere, and she doesn’t want to look at it. Can’t, when she knows it’s hers. When she knows that the more she sees, the less time she has. The first plead of a word is unknown to her, too soft for ears that are slowly muting as her heart struggles valiantly for a steady rhythm. The rest are close enough, and soon there is little Skysong standing above her, muzzle dropping hesitantly over her features, and the tears are streaking down her face at a rate far faster than she anticipated. Seeing the precious child she’d practically raised, the one she had taught and loved unconditionally as if she’d been her blood mother, breaks her. She can act strong and brave for Sohalia and Resplendence, but she cannot when her eyes lock onto Skysong’s confused, sober, hurt expression.

Choking on her tears, her blood, she sobs. “Sky, oh Gods Sky, b-baby…” and her voice is agonized, heart breaking in two. She reaches her muzzle through the disgusting earth beneath her, tears cascading like a broken waterfall, and she is weak, weak, so weak because she loves her damn it, and she hasn’t seen her in so long, and why must her beloved niece watch her die, why must she be scarred? Damn it, why?!

“I-I love you baby, I love you, re-remember that...okay? F-Forever, and always. Even...even if I-I’m not here, okay?” Lyrics crack like shattered glass, scared to say it, scared to see her expression. The air is thick, and she’s so scared. Nobody was there on the other side to meet her. She didn’t want to be alone again. Oh please, Gods, don’t let her be alone again. Don’t let her return to that world of darkness and solitude, to that horrible abyss where her mind ripped her heart apart and laughed at the pieces. She didn’t want to be afraid. She didn’t want any of this.

But if it means they live…

Damn her fear. Damn her emotions! She would die a thousand deaths, a hundred times over, if it meant any of the three gathered around her lived! Let them live, let them prosper, and she would gaze over them from the other side, protect them, watch over their hearts and press kisses of blessing and love upon their brows.

It still hurt.

She gasps for breath, but she has so much to say, and she can’t leave with things left unsaid. Even if she can hardly see, hardly breathe, and officially unable to move. “Y-You are my everything, S-Sky,” she cried, voice as soft as it had always been, a cruel joke, a bitter reminder of her peaceful ways. “Y-You’re going t-to go places, baby. I..I wi-wish I could have...c-could have been with you m-more…” mercury slips down her cheeks, trying to move closer, but her legs are numb, her body is numb, and her mind is slowly slipping away into quietude as well. No, no, she needed more time! “You have to be b-brave, Res. H-Have to be strong, d-do what I couldn’t a-achieve. I-I love you so much.” Weakly she turned her eyes to the silhouette of her best friend, her sister. “You were a-always there, Soh. M-My everything. I’ll always b-be looking out f-for you. Be s-safe, my p-pretty girls,” she laughed weakly, blood trickling slow and thick down her lips, too weak to do anything about it. “Y-You all...changed my life...for the better...I’ll miss you…” Her voice faded, no longer trembling as she felt no more pain, lyrics going quiet, no longer straining to be heard and suffering because of it.

Everything is dark, dark, dark. She’s scared of the dark. But...but she’s not scared. She’s warm, and numb in the best of ways. And a voice speaks to her, one she hasn’t heard since she was but a babe. It’s full of warmth, of love, of patience and gentleness. Rowan, it croons, and she’s sobbing and running forth blindly to a soft glow, uncaring that she knows what this is and what lies at the end of this. Blindly she calls for her, the mother that had abandoned her, or had she? Rowan had never discovered her fate, but she doesn’t care, crystals falling from her eyes as she stumbles and…

Warmth.

It folds around her.

Mom, mom, mommy, she sobs. And quietly, lovingly, a voice answers back.

Welcome home, Rowan. I love you, baby.

Back with the trio huddled crying around her, her small frame drew one last breath, and a final tear escaped her lashes as her eyes closed and she smiled at last. She went still.