the Rift

Not Alone

Nolstalgic Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
After hours of traveling, Nostalgic found herself in a dark forest. She didn't know what to think of it, as she had never been nor seen the area before. Her nasal passages widened as she scented the air surrounding her. Many aroma's filled her senses. She noticed the familiar scent of other equines, squirrels, and whatever else happened to be in the forest. The darkness didn't bother her, as she has been surrounded in it all of her life. It even could comfort her at times. She let out a soft whinny and picked up a brisk trot through the forest, in attempt to discover what was there.
Her mane and tail blew in the wind; a feeling of which she loved. Her sleek-coated black fur blended in well with her surroundings, but her icy blue eyes stood out well. As she trekked on, she entered into a small clearing. The moon shined down upon her coat, making her fur glimmer in the light. Glancing around the clearing, she saw a small stream. Oddly, their wasn't any other creatures nearby, that she knows of. She walked over towards the stream and arched her neck as she lowered her head down towards the rushing current. Her lips touched the surface of the water, and soon her muzzle was in. She gulped down big gulps of the cool, refreshing water that tasted wonderful as she hasn't seen water in days. As the water gushed down her throat, it gave a cooling sensation that she had so much desired. Her throat and mouth were now cool and wet rather than warm and scratchy. She lifted her head from the water, her muzzle dripping wet. She stepped into the shallow stream, letting the current rush against her fetlocks and hooves.
Her ears perked to listen for noises; she heard a faint rustling of branches nearby. Her eyes darted across the clearing as she circled around to try to find the source of the rustling. She scented the air, but couldn't recognize the scent. She decided to stay put and wait it out, as escaping it would be a sign of weakness. Nostalgic relaxed a little bit, but was still very alert, ready for whatever was to face her.
She realized that she was hungry as she relaxed. She figured that she just forgot about it after a while since she was focused on things other than her hunger. She stepped out of the stream, her fetlocks and hooves dripping wet from being in the water, but she liked the coolness that the water had. If it had been day, the water wouldn't have been near as cool, but luckily it was night so that she could receive the cool water rather than steaming hot water. She lowered her head to the ground and began munching on the sweet grass. It had some dew covering it, giving it a slightly different taste, but she liked it anyways. Her ears were still perked for any signs of danger, and her body remained tense. She had a feeling she wasn't alone, but maybe that was a good thing. She wanted to be around others of her kind instead of being an outcast like many have to be.

[OOC: Sorry that it isn't that good, I haven't really role-played in a while. xD]

Adrixaura Posts: N/A
Unregistered

A d r i x a u r a
hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die,
then life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.
Everyone would know after sometime as of who she was, and who the Assassins were. They weren't going to be left looking like idiots in the Wilds, except would be standing high on a mountain. Yes, they were all going to be great, only after they gained in size.
Darkness was coming part of her everyday, and when she found herself getting no where with Eribor and those mares, she returned home for a short amount of time, letting her daughter soothe what hate had been spilled by accident to the Hybrid. The spotted mare was angered, hateful, and more or less ready to kill anything that gave her hell, and going about the Threshold might not have been her best luck. Sikeax and her were getting left alone at the Arch, but she was moving about doing was needed. In the darkness, something moved, and as she collided with undergrowth, made her surge of noise.
"Shit." The word came as a whisper, carried under her breath before the trees finally opened their thick arms and released her. There, never alone in this damned place, was a mare black as night whose eyes in stranger ways, reminded Adrixaura of her own eyes. Her father, true father that, is, had blessed her with the palest of blue eyes that held a strike upon sight of them. She was once told they held the attention of the stars in the night when they gazed upon them, but there was never any notion of that.
Sweeping smile, a hooked end standing one point, other soft and relaxed, she moves in. A perfect set of black hooves touch the earth, releasing thin clouds of dust that had gathered over the loss of rain. Dew was upon the grass, but it remained thin. Water seemed a precious thing when thought of, definitely the rains, but she was facing something different here. Just a little mare who found herself in the Devil's Advocate herself.
"Ah, what have we got here? New comer no less, who looks like she just got bitch slapped from the sky before the Moon and stars came back. I am Adrixaura, leader of the Assassins. Get the name right on the first time. Who shall I have before me?" The appearance of the mare brought some annoyance to her eyes, the reminder her of mother without the snip and cream coloured mane and tail. Sheets of black hair fell over her face, lacing itself around the black spots that covered her white body around the eyes and cheeks, at her upper neck, and front legs. Her gaze is held with curiousity, manipulative thoughts, and hateful words that shall surely appear once this one messes up. The thought of the girl being hit out of the sky brings a laugh to her body. It was a glorious thought indeed.
Moments after her small laughter, she steps closer to the mare, looking her over. Moonlight turns her white body ghostly, odd grace making her into some type of poltergiest. The mare herself could be defined as a poltergiest, a demon one that is. There was everything to make her one, leaving out the fact that she wasn't a ghost. Here, in the Moon's sight and the stars' glares, she'll be what she wants to be, regardless of complaints. Again, typical Adrixaura.

OOC: Sorry for the shortness!

image credits
table by whit

Locket Posts: 74
Up For Adoption atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Teppei :: Giant Panda :: Stormcall Adoptable

Lend me your hand and we'll conquer them all
But lend me your heart and I'll just let you fall

Ashen lobes were quick to pick up the call, it wasn’t at all that far from the Foothills to the Threshold and the warrior Locket was taking some time to fulfill the claiming ground duties. The recent departure of Ophelia was raw in his mind, but the Foothills must go on and with it new faces to add to their dwindling family. The moons gaze made him look more like a bay than the fiery chestnut he really was, sooty legs blending into the forever night as he swiftly cantered through the woodland, a long banner of curly hair trailing behind him and lastly he was crowned in a curved obsidian blade that sat proudly upon his forehead. Eyes of summer’s vibrant glory unnoticeable in the darkness. The arab man danced around trees, careful not to impale himself on their double edged branches that could quite easily sever the flesh from his body. It took some time before Locket finally found the source of the soft whinny, an ebonite mare who was sampling the water from a cool looking stream.

Locket slowed to an easy walk, nickering once to let the mare know he was in her presence before finally coming to a halt a mere few steps away from her. It was then he noticed the second mare and recognition slowly dawned on him and he grimaced at her words. "Ah if it isn't our former prisoner." He smiled in black mirth, not bothering to disguise the fact that he didn't like her tone very much. Locket had only briefly seen Adrixuara whilst she was in the Foothills, his attention had more been on the confrontation that had been unfolding before him. Dismissing her swiftly, the panda boy turned his attention to the femme who seemed new to the lands before her. She stood at around the same height as himself, painted black, a snowy blaze and eyes like two chips of ice adding to her rather pretty picture. Locket was cautious, but friendly as he dipped his head and smiled a thin smile, motioning to their surroundings. ”I promise we are not all so rude as this one. I welcome you to Helovia, my name is Locket, a warrior hailing from the realm of Ktulu. May I know your name and purpose Miss?” His voice was kind and gentle, yet coupled with confidence, he wondered where she had come from. Why was she here? What was she looking for? He hoped the mare, who was almost impossible to spot against the night’s backdrop, would enlighten him with answers.

The brisk breeze played with his curls and brushed grasses against his fetlocks, the moon illuminating his face to reveal an open and curious expression, as he kept his eyes laid upon the mare. She seemed quite young to be all alone, but then again, he himself had been a young outcast once and even though he knew nothing about her, he almost felt himself sympathizing with the situation he guessed she was in.

[Welcome to Helovia Nilla! :D
If you have any questions, need help on something, please feel free to PM me and I’ll help you out the best I can ^^]

xjrlokix.flickr

Locket talk :: L = R

Nolstalgic Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Nostalgic heard the faint rustling come closer, she could smell the aroma of an equine, but she was unsure as she didn't fully trust her senses due to the fact that they have mislead her many of times before. She swallowed the last bit of grass in her mouth and raised her head. Her icy blue eyes stared into the direction of which the noise was coming from. She head a faint whisper that she couldn't make out the word of which was said. It could have been the wind, but she knew it wasn't.

She could partially see a figure, of which the fur of it was white, but there was also some black spots in some areas of it's body. As it emerged from the shadows of the forest, she recognized it was a mare, white with black spots on some parts of her body, as she had thought earlier. The mare's eyes were beautiful, and reminded her of her own, however her own eyes aren't near as beautiful. She stared as the mare drew closer towards her. As the mare stopped, Nostalgic realized she was quite a bit taller than her, so she had to look up to see her.

After hearing the mare's words she responded, "Hello, Adrixaura," she hesitated for a second, "I am Nostalgic. Nice to meet you. " Her body glistened in the moonlight, along with her eyes holding a shine reflecting the light. She held the gaze of Adrixaura, and remains still as the mare looks over her. Her forelock fell over her eyes, and her mane made it's way down past the bottom of her neck. She didn't know what emotions she felt, as there were many, some of which included curiosity, yet a little bit of mistrust as she can't fully interpret the mare as of yet.

She heard a nicker as a fiery chestnut entered the clearing. He was about the same height as her, and had the Arabian features that she had as well. His eyes were a beautiful green color, that looked like emeralds.

When he mentioned the word 'prisoner' when speaking to Adrixaura, Nostalgic instantly felt distrust towards her. She dipped her head back to him in a friendly manner and responded kindly, "Thank you, Locket. My name is Nostalgic. I don't really have a purpose, but I came here because I've been wandering for about a year or so now, as I left my family for certain reasons, and I decided that I would like to be with others rather than on my own since it gets extremely lonely. " She smiled and added, "Delighted to meet you, sir." For some reason she found it easier to talk to him then it was for talking to Adrixaura. She also felt like she could actually trust him, even though it is usually extremely hard for her to do so.

The breeze felt good as it brushed the cool air across her body, and brushed the grass against her fetlocks. Her mane and tail blew lightly with the cool breeze. Locket seemed to be nice and friendly, which is different for her as everyone she has known was never that way.

[OOC: Thanks for welcoming me. c: ]