the Rift

[PRIVATE] Lake of Fire {Arlo}

Agrona Posts: 115
Hidden Falls Tiro atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Seven HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable

Dark, pristine hooves beat the solid ground with a dull rhythm, my body pulsing forward in a long stridden canter. Finally the moon was full in the oil black sky, stars twinkling happily knowing that they were back in their place. What had actually caused the eternal darkness, I'm not sure, but I am so glad that it's gone. The bright white moonlight gleamed off of my dark body, bringing out the shiny highlights in my white, stringy hair.

The snow melt was nearly gone, leaving very few patches of snow drifts with a thick, crunchy layer of ice coating them. This foliage felt great to be able to move over comfortably in a quick motion; if I were to do so in the marshes, I would be sucked into the thick, sticky bog and reside along side the mummified, bloated corpses. The ground began to slope slightly, the grass leveling out and flowing around my body like ocean water.

My back legs reached forward in short, choppy steps, ripping the soft sod from it's roots as I slowed my body down. Eventually I came to a pause, the white curtain of forelock wrapping around the right side of my face, baring the white dots that flowed around the bottom of my eye. The quick run had caused my pulse to rise, as it would naturally, and my breath to draw and fall quicker than I had expected. Was I losing my tight physique from not fighting? This can't be happening again. My skull swung to the left, purple eyes taking in my very appearance. I didn't look very different.

Whatever, it can't be that bad. I lifted my skull back up into the air, my breath visibly rolling into the sky and evaporating just as quickly. The air smelled so much cleaner, so much more open; you could pick up Birdsong's near presence just by being in the open. My mind drifted back to the herd meeting; the stuffy scent of all the warm bodies in such a tight area. The day that we rule another land will be the day that I can actually fucking breath around them. The faces of my herd members flashed through my head quickly, the small filly that seemed to love Seele stood out to me. If we were supposed to be made of misfits and psychos, why was a baby following Clowny around?

"Speak." Walk walk
Ooc: Wow, this turned out horrible. My apologize, :\
@[Arlo]
AgronA
All systems go, sun hasn't died
Deep in my bones, straight from inside

image credits
table by whit

Arlo Posts: 60
Hidden Account atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16hh :: 6 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Stephy

Arlo
For all is not always fair in both love and war..

The rays of the moon basked me in their pearly glow as I stood in the dense trees drenched in canine life blood. My own blood was surging through my veins, pumping adrenaline to every part of me, keeping the demons buzzing, tumbling around my cranium that they now called their own. The thirst for blood had been sated, but it didn’t mean that the ghouls were anywhere near letting me go; I doubted they ever would for they were far too strong now.

I thought back to my meeting with the bull headed femme that I had met in the threshold, and what she had offered me. A chance to weave the most dastardly nightmares around the purest of souls and a chance to spill only the wholesome of blood. It filled me with anticipation, but my pelt crawled at thought of working for a brutessa. Who had thought to put one in a place of power? I wasn’t sure I could stomach working under one, but the offer was just too enticing. I was going to give it a go; I mean I didn’t always have to follow orders did I?

The adrenaline was just beginning to wane as I caught some familiar notes wafting through the wind. It was the heady feminine notes of the horned femmora, one of the only ones of our kind that I found even remotely worth my time. The rest of them apart from Seele and her he co-leader just seemed a little weak to me. But, hey maybe they might surprise me, though I very much doubted it.

I decided that I might as well go and introduce myself properly and make sure my judgement was correct about her. I hoped so; I needed some allies around here. I pranced forward, the adrenaline resurged through my skeleton as I pushed towards the fragrance.

I quickly came upon the femmes location, and I creeped through the shadows that laced the edges of the meadow, watching her, observing her and liking what I saw. My pools glinted and the same manic smirk appeared upon my maw as I lurked. She was impressive looking with the two ram like horns upon her inked dark pelt and she gave off a strong aura. I wondered what had made her join the asylum, what demons she had throwing themselves around her cranium, what insanity she was hiding. I hoped it was a great one.

I decided it was time to alert her to my presence, though I assumed she already knew. I stayed in the shadows and my serpent like lyrics did all the talking;

’Hello pretty one, I believe we have met, albeit briefly. What brings you out here to ponder? A lonesome female always attracts the wrong kind of attention after all’

I hissed, smirking whilst I masked myself within the darkness.

"Talk talk talk."
Think Think Think
Fugue State
Tagged: @[Agrona]
Count:474
OOC: I like this pairing xD

Image Credits

Adoptable

Heavy footsteps followed me from not too far away, the grotesque scent of the marshes following right along with the dull pounding. I pulled my face to the left, examining the shadows only to see nothing. The thick black belt that circled the outskirts of my vision was interrupted by a white body, who's face I could not exactly made out. "Hello pretty one-" A smirk pulled the right corner of my lips up, purple eyes reaching out in order to attempt to make out who exactly the charming stallion was.

His thick voice continued on, explain that we had met, adding on that I -the lonesome female- always attracts the wrong attention. Dark ears rotated around like satellites, catching every word, along with the scuttling of field mice as they squirmed away from the meeting. My legs stretched out in turn, carrying me toward the voice that I knew I've heard before. And even if it were "the wrong attention" that this stud may be bringing to the table, it's not like I can't hold my own.

Another smell radiated off of the bright body as I neared; something that smelled so familiar, yet so different at the same time. It was blood, no doubt, but what body it had come from I'm not so sure. The coppery scent seemed to flood my brain, leading me to believe that the male was coated in the liquid like a wild beast during their meal. I was never one to really enjoy the taste of blood, it seemed to make me nauseous after being around it for too long.

The face formed from the night, bright blue eyes igniting out of the darkness like iridescent flames. This very same stud had splashed his way toward the meeting that Seele had called us all to just nights before.. or perhaps it wasn't that long ago? I know there had been a period of sleep between the meeting and now, but was I missing my next slumber already? "Arlo, correct?" My voice raspy as if I had been screaming my entire life. This was something I had always enjoyed about myself -other than looking as sleek and built as I am- the fact that my voice was so different from other prissy mares. Though Clownface too has a strange voice.

I cocked my skull to the right, my forelock dripping across my right eye in turn. The blood dirtied his face, speckles strewn across his front half. This very brute is what had been carrying the horrid smell of rusty metal, just as I suspected. My left ear laid back awkwardly, pushing against the twisted horn that grew from under the white mess of hair. "Well," I paused, eyeing the slightly larger stallion. "What are you doing out here?" I pulled my face toward my chest, making it a point to eyeball the grimy film that plastered his mug.

"Speak." Walk walk
@[Arlo]
AgronA

image credits
table by whit

Stephy

Arlo

I blinked as I peered out of the shadows at the femme to notice two violet coloured orbs staring back at me. I hadn’t noticed that about her before, it only served to make her all the more intriguing to me. She got the demons screaming within my head and my blood started pumping again. I grinned as I watched her twist her maw into a similar smirk that I was carrying. I could have some fun with this one.. I continued to entwine myself round her, but remaining in the shadows, I’d show myself soon enough after all.

I carried on observing her intently as she listened to my charming lyrics. Only time would tell if they would remain that way.. I notice her realise she recognised my voice, but I couldn’t help but be a little offended that she couldn’t quite place it. My brow furrowed and my orbs glinted in anger as I realised she hadn’t put me in such a high regard as I had her. Well that was fair enough, perhaps I wouldn’t be so respectful from now on. I would just wait to see if she could save herself, for I would only give her a limited amount of time..

I wanted this one as an ally, rather than a morsel that I would spit out in a matter of minutes, but it all down to her and the next few minutes. After all, she had only heard my lyrics, so her misdemeanour was somewhat forgivable, I supposed. Perhaps it was time to pull myself out of the darkness and see if she could rescue herself. I slithered my way forward, cord held high and flicking and my dial pulled in close to my chest, showing of my rippling muscles and masculine physique.

I breathed a sigh of what must have been relief as she realised who I was once she saw my pools of ice and my pearl like pelt. She had managed to pull herself back from the brink without even realising she was on it in the first place, intelligent girl. My harks flicked forward and back as she started to speak in a slightly startling raspy lyrics, that she didn’t seem bothered by, in fact she looked like she almost revered it. I supposed it made her sound stronger than your typical pathetic females. Damn it, she was intriguing, perhaps even more so than that foreign bint, Seele. What was it with the females around here? Mind you, there was that stupid sounding chestnut thing that was hanging round Seele like a bad smell at the meeting yesterday. Now she sounded more like the femmes I was used to.

’ Yes deary, I am Arlo. I’m afraid I didn’t catch your name the other day. I’m sure it’s just as charming as you however..’

I flicked my cord and smirked at her, hissing gently;

‘I am here merely just to try and find some poor soul to wind my web of nightmares around, out of boredom really.. And how about you my dear, why are you out here rather than with the others?’

I lazily flicked my orbs over her form, hoping she might join me in finding some innocent soul to corrupt..

"Talk talk talk."
Think Think Think
Fugue State
Count:543
OOC: I like this pairing xD

Image Credits

Adoptable

The white brute finally pulled from the shadows, tucking his head in as if he could flex out of the skin as it tightened over each muscle. Fucking meat head my brain complained, causing me to raise an unimpressed eye brow at his actions. He sighed, the vapor from his breath passing through the sky right before my eyes before he reached out, hoping for my name. I took a step back from the white beast, not liking how close I suddenly felt to him. "That's because I didn't tell it." Dark ears rotated backward, yet stayed perked up and alert. "It's Agrona."

The moonlight gleamed off of my dark coat, creating a pool of white across my back and up my thin neck, dancing down certain lengths of my legs that faced the moon. Purple eyes stayed trained on the stallion; even though he belonged to the same herd I reside in.. not every one can be trusted. I have taught myself that quite easily over the years. Arlo explained his intentions, causing me to scoff and let out a small laugh. "-why are you out here rather than with the others?" I sucked in a shallow breath, my mouth creasing back into the straight line that usually played across my dark face. "I had to get out of that fucking swamp."

Dark eyes dropped down to the ground, finding my rounded hooves that seemed to still have the bog mud crusted around the ends, though now there was also fresh dirt and small shreds of meadow grass stuck on them as well. My brightly colored tail arched, waving back and forth slowly, the ends brushing the ground all the while. The length of the thing had become unruly; I need to find some way to chop the end off so it's not always dragging in the dirt and foliage.

Purple gaze lifted back up to Arlo's icy blue stare, and I began comparing and contrasting our bodies in every way. Eye colors, shape, height, mane and tail difference, the list went on and on. "Let's walk." I suggested, not waiting for his response. I turned on my back heels, beginning to wander off into the thick grassed meadow.

"Speak." Walk walk
@[Arlo]
AgronA

image credits
table by whit

Stephy

Arlo

I caught sight of the silly bitches unimpressed glance as I slithered out of the border of darkness. I guess she wasn’t that enthusiastic about such a show of masculinity. This brutessa was just as much of an enigma as Seele. I had walked into such a strange set of lands, and I wasn’t entirely sure I liked being thrown off my guard by a pairing of femmoras. I didn’t think I could be so friendly for much longer, they were pissing me off. As I brought myself closer to her, I chuckled as she took a step backwards, away from me. It seemed that the pretty one was uncomfortable around me, which put me back in control of the situation slightly.

My harks pricked forward as she finally found her tongue to introduce herself. The name struck cords with me, it seemed we were similar after all. I dipped my dial in recognition and let the lyrics drip from my maw;

”Agrona. Celtic Goddess of War and Death if I am not mistaken?”

I rasped, the demons slowly taking over my vocal chords as well as everything else now it seemed.

I observed as her pools of amethyst look me over in distrust and as she scoffed at me. Mind you, she was right not to trust me, wasn’t she? As she explained that she had to get herself out of the swamp, it reminded me of how I must look right now after trudging through the mud towards Seele. I shuddered, and right on cue the dirt started to itch at my pelt.

She was still staring me out, judging me as she had been from the very beginning of her encounter. Not that I was one to judge, for I had been doing exactly the same to her. Only difference was, I found myself impressed, yet I wasn’t quite getting the same vibe from her.

I quickly stopped pondering as I missed what she had said, as she turned on her heels and started to stalk off. I quickly decided she wanted me to follow and I moved my pillars forward, following behind the black ram, wondering where we were headed and if I could eventually stop following these damn femmes around like a lovesick dog..

"Talk talk talk."
Think Think Think
Fugue State
Count:379
OOC: Sorry this really sucks >.>

Image Credits

Adoptable

The light hued stud dropped his head slightly, blue eyes continuing to bore into mine as I stared back. "Agrona. Celtic Goddess of War and Death if I am not mistaken?" I pushed my face back toward him, ears cupped forward as if I were suddenly excited. "Yes, Arlo, you are correct. Daddy named me well." The white sheet of hair crossed my right eye again, leaving the dots below my left exposed. I enjoy the way I look; I may not be gorgeous, but I am very different.

Once I had turned, I craned my face back to notice that he had indeed followed me, hot on my trail. Good boy my brain applauded, causing another smirk to pull at my lips just long enough to satisfy my humored self. I watched his long white, goldy locks hair fall into place as we moved; another open opportunity to throw the oh so brave and buff meat head an insult. "Gorgeous hair, Rapunzel." Our hoof beats fell softly on the padded earth, the rhythm of more than just my own feet falling sounded rather nice. I was so tired of being alone, I have always been around my family.

My skull rolled back forward and I continued moving, purple gaze watching the ground as if I had to place my footing just right. You're not in the swamp, silly girl I reminded myself, allowing my feet to touch down wherever they pleased. The tall grass brushed against my legs, tickled at the bottom of my belly, and wound through my long tail as it drug through the foliage.

"Speak." Walk walk
Ooc: Wow, I thought I had muse, but it ended up failing horribly. Didn't help that I'm being rushed to leave the house, haha. I'll be better next time, I swears. <3
@[Arlo]
AgronA

image credits
table by whit

Stephy

Arlo

The obsidian harlot seemed if only a little impressed as I mentioned her namesake. I would be the judge of whether daddy dearest had indeed named her well. I wasn’t entirely sold on that fact yet.

I observed as her bleached bangs slipped across her right orb and she looked as if to preen herself, impressed with how her pools were slightly mismatched. She was one odd looking child, but not all together displeasing to the eye.

I slipped through the belly high flora behind her, noting with displeasure as she turned around and smirked to see me following along behind her like some form of doting pet. That silly jezebel, if she thought I was going to be taking orders from her dainty little form.

She really set the blood pumping furiously when she shot her silly little insult back at me; ’Gorgeous hair, Rapunzel..’ It took all my energy not to leap forward and smite her down there and then. She would pay for that one sooner or later, silly bitch.

’ Oh come now darling, who doesn’t love a good fairytale? Though I can’t promise that this one will end happily ever after..” I couldn’t help but adding ’If you don’t keep that silly little maw shut..’ But I kept that one to myself. She would find out soon enough without me ruining the surprise.

I picked up my pace, drawing up next to the violet gazed whore, as we trudged in almost companionable silence, our hoofbeats echoing through the slightly tense atmosphere.

’Tell me dearest, the suspense is killing me, where are you taking us?’

I rasped, pools glinting, smirk pulled at the edges of my lips, awaiting the next chapter of this slightly abnormal encounter..

"Talk talk talk."
Think Think Think
Fugue State
Count:290
OOC: I am so so sorry its taken me forever, my muse went poof >.<

Image Credits

Adoptable

Every hot breath rolled from the narrow slits of each nostril, causing the miniature clouds to roll one after the other. Why did I find the release of each carbon cloud so amusing? Perhaps because it was something that I had paid attention on the travels here. Probably. Not so suddenly, the tension seemed to poke me in the rump, thick enough to take a succulent bite out of, as soon as the white beast spoke behind me. Though the ghost sounded as if he played off the adorable comment, I could feel the slight mood change.. it was not by much though, he had already been in some sort of mood swing before.

"Fairytales are for the mindless sweetheart. Reality is much more interesting." I kept my eyes directly ahead, refusing to allow my some what short attention to draw itself to the stallion. My tail snagged slightly on a tangle of neither weeds or grass, -much too thick- causing me to flick the bright sheet around quickly in order to pull the ends from the shallow sea of vegetation. The quick movement made a soft snapping sound in the near silent permanent night air.

"Tell me dearest, the suspense is killing me, where are you taking us?" Cupped ears rotated around as if they were going to find something interesting, but of course, there was nothing of that sort around here. Odd colored eyes rolled from right to left in their sockets, the strain of muscles causing dark spots around the edges as my pupils attempted to see further than physically possible. "I'm not sure, honey. Anywhere away from the bogs."

The smidge taller brute came to my side as I responded, my stride matching his own to create one solid thunk thunk, thunk thunk as we moved. Cranium rotated to the right, purple orbs narrowing into not a glare, but an analyzing gaze. "What makes you tick baby?" My voice became sultry, daring, and alluring all at once. My left ear rotated to the side, listening to what may be before us, while the right faced Arlo. "What makes you belong with all of the crazies?"

"Speak." Walk walk
@[Arlo]
AgronA

image credits
table by whit