the Rift

[OPEN] Drunk and Driving

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin

OOC| Pre-dated to dead magic, since that's when this meeting started ^-^

Perhaps we could head to this, Thistle Meadow, you so speak of. And maybe we will find other places on our way. The stallion's words had reached her ears, innuendos unheard. That sort of tip-toeing around things was too subtle for the painted mare to pick up on, or too labor-intensive for her to analyze if she did hear the oddity in the voice. Either way, she did not worry about it for an instant. As the stallion had begun walking, she had broke into a canter and passed by him, heading North. As she was no distance runner she had soon returned to a walk, skin slightly damp from sweat even in all the cold; and so, she and the golden stallion had made their way here. Perhaps they were a strange pair to be making their way through the darkness but Kahlua had no time to give to such thoughts.

The terrain was slightly familiar, but the blackness made it so different from how she had known it before in the light. Cautious steps took her into the land as she looked back to the golden stallion. “I guess it's not much now,” her voice voice filled the silent air, “But I think it must be so pretty in the summer and the light.” Looking forward again, she moved towards where she knew the river must be. Unfortunately, all of the snow had covered it quite well. It was midway up her cannon in most places, quite a change from the desert of the Throat.

Her next step took her onto the ice, her front hoof sliding out from underneath her as she nearly lost her balance. “Ah,” she laughed as she righted herself, “I found what I was looking for!” She wasn't quite sure why she was so entertained by the river. Perhaps it was because the ice and the water was exactly the opposite of the disaster that had ruined her previous homeland and it kept her mind from the memories. Perhaps there was some other reason. Either way, she did not know and she would never bother to stop and think about it. She just wasn't a ponderer.
Well then Apodis, my quiet body guard, here we are. So.... what next?
@[Apodis], @[Illynx]

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Apodis Posts: 39
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 :: 12 Buff: NOVICE
Eaglecry

Apodis

I've become much too good at being invincible, I'm an expert at play it safe, and keep it cool
But I swear this isn't who I'm meant to be, I refuse to let my life roll all over me...

Coffee stained lips twisted upwards, forming a gentle smile, full of kindness and nothing more. Apodis was not the stalion to lead mares a stray, to get them to fall in love with him. No, he just was overly friendly and enjoyed the company of others, whatever the others may be. And Kahlua was decent company to have at his side. Knowing; or rather , hoping, that soon they would be better friends.

He watched he like a Father with his child. Protective and over caring, but with a hint of adoration. Watching as the black and white painted mare searched around in the dark. Though there was no natural light, Things still seemed to be catching a glow, especially the snow ladening the ground. "It's still something" he smiled genuinly. "Well, we'll have to see about coming back in the summer months then and hope the light has returned with us" His voice was light and gentle, no hints of anything there, but to some it might tell otherwise. It was just the way he spoke.

Chest muscle's contracted as a sudden breath of air raced into his lungs. The stag stepped forward as he saw the Fae slid, knowing that she had stepped upon ice, hidden beyond the depths of the soft white blanket covering the surround terrain. However Kahlua seemed to find her own footing, pulling herself right and dragged a slightly bemused looked upon the golden buckskins face. "And what would that be, dear child?" Her chuckled and took a step closer to her. Finding the ice just the same as she had, sliding gently forward, a sound like soft tinkling bells fell from his lips. For some reason the stag felt young again, almost childish as he glided upon the smooth surface, of the frozen river.

"Talk Talk Talk."
@[Kahlua]
image credits
table by whit
[Image: 525f791c057b6]64HP
[Image: 52878c6669a55]
Lines by bronzehalo

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie
JESUS FOR THE JUGULAR //

There were voices ahead; the corporal lingered on the edges of the meadow, her dark ears lifted high to catch the sounds that filtered in from the outside, her position to the south west to allow her better chances to catch the foe out in the darkness on this particular day, not inclined to linger with the horned princes upon the mountain and eager for her chance to take advantage of the cover of shadow. The mare shifted her weight to a different hoof as she peered out of her small copse of trees, their trunks narrow, their branches flimsy and laden with dead leaves; dead trees, as far as Illynx could be concerned. The Sun God had left his foliage to wither in his absence, and while the winter had brought sleep to the boughs of the trees, these saplings surely still required whatever sun they could gather even during winter at this young age.

She did not fret. The Basin did not require trees to keep them safe; the mountain needed no God to remain a fortress. The Edge, however... a smile, thin and vengeful, filled the impassive void of her face as her muzzle trailed in the cold air, bringing with it the smells of the now dragon infested forest upon the pelts of the shadowed silhouettes.

Mare and male, she deduced, letting their figures pass by them, their friendly chatter an unusual overtone to the dark thoughts that broiled within Illynx's mind; if she only knew how much darker that emotion would grow over the next season, into the Spring, the divines passing into the void and the impact it would have upon Helovia something that she didn't truly comprehend at this point. No wounds littered her body from battle with a colossus, no shreds in her chocolate pelt from it's smaller sapphire cousin, and subsequently she was currently fearless; only her hatred towards the two slipping deeper into the Meadow filled her heart now.

She followed after them a distance, not carrying truly if they discovered her for all her attempts at remaining hidden. She was comfortable enough in her skin to deal with two land-rats who, it would seem, had only each other to rely on; no dragons or wolves trailed after them or hovered in the sky, and so the corporal felt rather secure with herself as the pair drew to a halt alongside the frozen river that arched through the breast of the Thistle Meadow. The female of the pair was decidedly childish, something that may have perhaps enticed the golden horned mynx into talking to her had the painted femme worn the proper attachments on her face, but instead drew to the lips of the unicorn a resolute frown of disapproval. It's lines deepened even more still as, even after the overo nearly fell down on top of the slick surface, the stallion decided to follow after her.

Unable to swallow her angst at viewing this pair of hornless enjoying the beauty of Helovia in such a reckless (that ice could fall through!) and carefree way. "It is a fine day indeed to go fishing for morons," she snidely remarked as she drew closer upon golden dipped legs, "I am glad you have so eagerly offered to be the prey." Her lithe frame had drawn to a halt some foot or so from the frozen bank, her dark hooves situating themselves in the choppy earth alongside the river where creatures had disturbed the partially frozen murk in their attempts to find water, bright golden gaze glittering with amusement as she observed the pair so dangerously lingering on such a fragile surface.

Gingerly, she took several steps forward, her front right leg lifted as her head tilted, eyes searching the face of the older and male of the pair as a rich and moderately evil chuckle fell from her, her ears lazily laying back as she tapped the tip of her hoof on the ice. "Just think. One crack and you are both deep in freezing water. Do you know how long you will have before the cold steals your breath?"
tablebykite [ CREDITS ]
Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Well, we'll have to see about coming back in the summer months then and hope the light has returned with us. His words left a smile on her face and a happiness in her heart. New to Helovia as she was, she was happy to have made so many friends already. And what would that be, dear child? His laugh caused her head to turn around, hooves unsteady on the slippery surface. “The river, of course! A bright sound fell from her lips and danced through the air, a happy laugh in response to his own. “You sound as old as the ages, my friend. I'm not that young!” Only the distant twinkling of a few lamptrees served as a reminder that light had ever existed in Helovia. Nevertheless, even the darkness could not bring her down today.

It is a fine day indeed to go fishing for morons. The sinister words of some other in the lands reached her ears and Kahlua turned her attention from the stallion to the area where the voice had come from. For a moment, in the darkness, she found it hard to see who approached her. With time, though, the mare's silhouette became more apparent and soon transitioned into a bay mare adorned with gold. For the second time in her life, Kahlua was face to face with a unicorn. I am glad you have so eagerly offered to be the prey. Before she had a moment to think of even speak, the golden mare was moving toward the frozen river's edge. Do you know how long you will have before the cold steals your breath?

With not a moment lost, Kahlua slide herself to the edge of the river and quickly plucked herself from the ice to the bank, standing several feet from the gold dipped mare, on the same bank. “I'm Kahlua, it's a pleasure to meet you of course!” Her voice was happy; she had more-or-less ignored every evil intonation that had fallen from Illynx's lips. Some of it was pure stupidity. Some of it was that she absolutely refused to be sad on this day. “Don't you suppose all the cold has frozen the river down to the bottom? After all, the sun isn't even here to warm the top in the daytime!”

She looked into the golden mare's eyes briefly, the stupid smile she wore growing just slightly wider. “Your golden brow is quite a beautiful sight. Come now, you might find the river fun, join us! I.... I think it's quite safe!” Not waiting for an answer, she moved back to the river's edge and slid back onto the ice, carefree and easy in her motions. Just a hint of confusion had entered her voice, wondering if Illynx was correct and that the ice was not safe to play on. Her eyes searched briefly for Apodis and then she began to slide toward him, regardless of if he stood on ice or river bank, knowing that being near him would give her the reassurance she needed.

@[Apodis]

Hidden Account
Eaglecry

Apodis

I've become much too good at being invincible, I'm an expert at play it safe, and keep it cool
But I swear this isn't who I'm meant to be, I refuse to let my life roll all over me...

The presence of the other Mare twigged something in his brain. The golden boy just stood on the edge of the ice and stared at this newcomer. How dare she speak like that. She had no need for it, quite frankly, it bothered the Stallion. When Kahlua stepped forward as if nothing had even minutely happened, he wanted to reach out and grab her back. However his body stay frozen in place. All that moved where his golden brown orbs and the rise and fall in his chest. He knew all to well that if he spoke, he'd end up doing more harm than good. Though in some sense, this mare was right. If the ice did crack, they'd be in trouble. However the ice felt as solid as the ground whence they'd just come from. Everything was frozen solid in this bitter winter.
Kahlua brought a gentle smile upon his dark lips, something about her amused him. Perhaps it was her 'no shit' attitude, or how she just took everything lightly. In a way, she reminded himself of a younger less experienced him.
As her painted form slid closer to his, it warmed his lonely heart. To know that she entrusted her life with him, sent sparks through his body. Now he felt enthralled to do the right thing, if anything happened to her, He'd hate himself for the rest of his years and therefore long after. It was his time to shine. "I think it's time you left. You have no purpose here" His voice was confident and filled with an authoritative, something he hadn't quite achieved yet. Perhaps one day he would. "Leave now while you still have the chance" He glanced back to Kahlua pressing his coffee stained nose towards the Fae's neck, attempting to push her on, to get her to move further down the river and back upon the bank. He did not trust this mare. Everything about her, radiated evil and trouble. He'd met her very briefly once before, but it seemed that she had forgotten this matter. Maybe it was a good thing.
Apodis turned and began walking down the River, making sure Kahlua was up in front of him. And the other mare stayed behind. The ice however didn't make this easy, he found himself sliding about, almost falling flat on his face at one point, only able to stop the fall from a random patch of ground uncovered by ice and water. Perhaps they would be safe if they stayed on the ice. The golden dipped mare, appeared to have no intentions of stepping hoove onto the surface. He slid alongside Kahlua, nudging her softly with his nose.
"Stay on the ice" He whispered to her, as he turned his attention back to the other

"Talk Talk Talk"
@[Illynx] @[Kahlua]
image credits
table by whit
Lines by bronzehalo

JESUS FOR THE JUGULAR //

Two sets of equine eyes turned to gaze upon her splendor, and the unicorn raised her crown in tribute, her golden gaze flashing wickedly in the misty light dancing from the enchanted orbs dangling from near-by foliage. She could only hope that the light would strike upon the tip of her blade, a gleam of danger in the midnight world, but such dramatics were not required; they should feel fear just knowing she was near. That she had seen them, at their child's game, and that she would not be so easily displaced by words or threats alone. Today, Illynx wished for blood. The boredom that had arisen with the lack of action of behalf of their covert group and the endless night had driven her to a brink she wasn't sure she could come to until this very moment.

And so, imagine her surprise as the painted land-rat slid up to greet her face to face, as if the words that had just slipped from her lips were not painted with poison and oozing tendrils of wrath into the atmosphere. Her gaze broadens and her jaw grows slack, staring almost dumbly at the land-rat and her bubbling foal-like demeanor, her logical considerations of the frozen river, while perhaps true, more annoying than her plain, lacking face, and her exuberance is met with a grim and rather stalwart expression upon the features of the corporal as she eyes her prey and manages to draw her loose jaw shut.

With graceful and well placed hoof falls, the golden horned unicorn follows after the mare as she scoots back across the ice, toward the buckskin fellow not too far in from the bank. It could be said that Illynx was rather perturbed but also weakly flattered by the words of the overo wench, Kahlua having stuck a very true chord within the heart of the bitch by complementing her golden horn, but the words that leaked from the dark legged male's mouth had driven her to take her first few delicate steps out onto the ice.

"And you are to stop me?" she cooed, looking to the stallion with a glimmer of dark amusement, "I see no others here but you two - and as your companion has pointed out, I have brought toys to play with." She drew to a halt, dipping her brow earthwards as her smile etched itself more resolutely into her features, laughter brewing from her lips as the male staggered about on the slick surface of the frozen river.

She herself could manage alright on the icy surface; she had made her home in the Basin, a land of ice surely if there ever was one, so hardened her hooves and trained for the tricky surface that the sight of one struggling in such a moment of precarious danger left her in stitches of amusement. So quickly forgotten the impudence of Kahlua to not be afraid of the danger at the edge of the ice, her steps resuming across the surface with steady clinks as her hard hooves bit into the frozen water.

"Dare you to run?" she teased, her pace quickening to a slow but steady trot that she took extra care in not to slip; this was tempting gravity to send her thudding downwards despite her skill, but it was a grim possibility that was not without its silver linings. If she went down, so would the ice, more than likely, and with it, the much loathed land-rats that scurried down the faux path. As Kahlua had done before her, the mare slid herself to close the narrow distance between herself and the pair of horses, planting her hind end lower than the front and directing her motions with a fore-hoof much as one would use a rudder. Her golden horn lowered, dancing, it's tip at an angle to break flesh of either equine even as she slid to a halt, though she used it truly as a goad to see the graceless stallion attempt a faster pace across the slick, mirror-like surface. It would be plenty fun enough to simply see the duo scurry across the ice towards home (though she did fear that the idiotic wench would view the assault as yet another game), but the broad sweep of her blade stated that she was willing to stay and battle the scenario out if they would so please, ever eager to see inferior blood smeared across pristine, white snow.
tablebykite [ CREDITS ]
Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Kahlua was somewhat disappointed to find that the golden mare could not even manage a smile in all of her harshness, but as soon as the thought came into her shallow mind it drifted out again. She was not one to ponder complexities and personalities. I think it's time you left, the stallion called out and, despite telling the golden dun to join them, Kahlua found that she was happy he cared enough to protect her. She found comfort in his commanding demeanor, though she could not say why. And you are to stop me, the dun responded and Kahlua turned her head to see the mare sliding along the ice.

As she turned back, Apodis slid his nose into her neck and she did as he directed, sliding down the river and away from the dun. As Apodis crashed about on the ice behind her, she turned back and almost lost it herself. Instead of frustration, though, she giggled. This was fun to her, for some reason. A moment later, the stallion came beside her and whispered. Stay on the ice, and Kahlua bobbed her head in agreement before whispering back. “Of course, my friend.” Despite a poor grip on the surface that sent her limbs sliding this way and that, she was having a surprisingly good time, more or less clueless to the danger that Apodis perceived- and that was clearly present.

Behind them, Illynx chattered on about toys, though Kahlua did not understand the implications of such a word. New to the land as she was, she was completely oblivious to the brewing hostilities between the Basin and the rest of Helovia. Dare you to run? she called and Kahlua only giggled at the thought. Stopping her motion and turning around, careful to not fall (though she slipped a bit), she smiled. “I'm glad you joined us!” Her words were genuine, the poor stupid thing. “I don't think running would be such a good idea, though...” her words trailed off as the golden dun slid closer to them with her horn pointed down. A threat?

“Careful,” she cautioned, her smile turning to a frown. Despite her best efforts, this mare was not getting the hint. Today was supposed to be a happy and fun day. Sliding to her left, away from the horn, Kahlua felt her hooves bump into the bank. She wished she wasn't faced towards Illynx so she could hurry back to Apodis. She was beginning (oh-so-late) to gather that this meeting was not going to be as joyous a one as she had hoped for. Then she stopped, confused as to whether she should jump on the bank against Apodis' advice or turn back to Illynx against the part of her brain that cautioned her against it. She decided for neither. “Are you trying to hurt us? Don't you want to have fun?” Her question for Illynx was childish, but so was her brain. Her ear flicked back to Apodis as she spoke and she turned her head just slightly, trying to catch sight of her friend.

K A H L U A

Hidden Account
Eaglecry

Apodis

dare you to run? So now she was threatening them, horn lowered and all. Such a shame if came lodged in the ice. The buskin stallion couldn't help but a smile to the thought of that. Oh how convenient it'd be. A mare so full of herself with her only weapon jammed into the ice like a sword in stone. These two would be long gone before she was free. To think he'd help her also, that was not a choice to someone like her. Racism was not something the stallion liked. Even if she hadn't said much, he could tell the way she spoke, the way she thought of herself better than the two, all because of the horn she wore.

Apodis was glad Kahlua did not seem phased by the unicorn bitch's attitude. It was better for them both, for if she had taken an offence to it, who knew what he may have to witness. But perhaps now it would be the other way round. His fuse was shortening, fast. The damned fool tried his best not to let it get to him, Even making sure Kahlua stayed ahead of him, through it all. But now he was really ticked of. Spinning on his hocks, the golden stallion twirled neatly upon the ice, now facing his opponent, holding back the smile from the thrill the spin gave him. If it weren't for their intruder, they'd both be having so much fun out here.

Are you trying to hurt us? Don't you want to have fun? He couldn't help but smile at Kahlua's words. She was so innocent, it was cute in many ways. Her childish manor like a fresh start, jealous in a way that she could still be so childlike. He'd never known 'fun' There was no such word in his fathers vocabulary, it was all work and no play. He sighed gently, getting back to the matter at hand. "You know what, I've had it with your kind" He stepped closer to her drawn sword. "You think you rule these lands, all because of the flimsy stick upon your crown." His head raised up in a proud stance with his words, he slinked round so now she was more at his side, but far enough away that her sword was just out of reach of him, unless she closed the gap. "Take a walk in someone else's shoes,get of your pedestal, you no good racist bitch" He didn't care about his words getting him into trouble, he'd gladly take her on, now practically drooling for the fight, the adrenaline rush, Happy to show her how weak she really was.

@[Kahlua] @[Illynx]
"Talk Talk Talk"

image credits
table by whit
Lines by bronzehalo

JESUS FOR THE JUGULAR //

The mare found her eyes nearly rolling into the back of her head in exasperation at the word's of the dimwitted (albeit pretty, for a hornless) mare, though a plan to punish her for being so slim in the mental department kept her tongue in cheek for the time being. To the dismay of the lusty seal bay mare, however, the moron seemed to finally catch on to the game at hand when the tip of her golden blade swept nearer her frame, skittering back towards the bank with a look of confusion that, had Illynx been well suited to finding decent companionship in equines, might have made her smile at the naivety. Instead, it seemed as if Kahlua had suddenly become a hunk of steak in the midst of a hoard of starving lions, the childish mare's query of fun drawing a cruel smile to the lips of the unicorn.

"But I am having fun," she said, her slide drawing to a close and her elegant features rising to meet the features of the two equines, that vicious grin still slithering across her face. It fell away, however, as the dark haired stallion stepped forward, slipping into the once clear path towards the idiotic and lovely overo, becoming a scowl that slowly evolved into a look of utter disgust towards the foolish stag.

For this one, she had no immediate words, only action.

Her haunches bundled beneath her as she launched herself forward, horn once again angled for blood, her hooves barely finding traction on the slick surface, but her rage all the more honed by the insultingly wise Apodis and allowing her forward momentum to continue, albeit more slowly than if she had not been on ice, towards the buckskin's body. Viciously she drove her crown to the right, striving to feel the flesh of the sandy toned stallion's shoulder tear under the pressure of her sword, his warm and pretty blood a much needed decoration for the frozen river. "I said run!" she screamed, spittle flying from her lips as she raised her head and struck outwards once more with her horn, hooves dancing about on the slick surface to follow the stallion if he decided to finally heed her warnings.

In all her disgust, she had discarded the childish woman that the buckskin attended, fully expecting her to stand there meekly through all the chaos, perhaps even attempting to join in on the "wrestling match" or whatever dim witted conclusion she would draw from the current events. Even if she did decide to join, Illynx was sure that she was more than a match for the pair; neither had a weapon to use.
tablebykite [ CREDITS ]

I've had it with your kind. There was a viciousness to his voice that had not been present before and Kahlua's ears flickered with uncertainty. She watched as her friend and guardian moved towards the mare, the warrior side he had told her of present now more than ever. She had told him once that he should spend less time paying attention to how she was standing and more to what she was saying. She was glad right now that he had been paying attention to the golden mare's stance and demeanor. Even in her stupidest moments, there was a small part of her brain that knew she was not as sharp as the rest of the world. The stallion's detail-catching eyes were certainly saving her in this moment.

You no good, racist bitch. Her mouth nearly dropped (though instead she just stared blankly). She was not offended by his words, they were certainly not the worst she had ever heard. Instead, she was shocked by the revelation that this mare hated her simply because she did not wear a horn. The idea was something Kahlua could barely wrap her mind around it. Kind to everyone as she was, she could hardly imagine hating another simply because of the lack or presence of a horn, wings, or any other bodily extension.

With all of her attention focused on figuring out exactly what was going on between the three of them here, Kahlua hard forgotten to keep attention on the gold-dipped mare; however, her attention was suddenly, and violently, wrenched back to reality when the unicorn lunged. Out of terrible fright and useless instinct, Kahlua screamed. “APODIS!” The sound was overlaid by Illynx's words, I said run, and the terrible scratching of hooves on ice. Uselessly, bounced on her forehand. The motion was not high enough to be called a rear, but it still made her hooves slip and slide across the ice. If there was a sound of creaking or cracking of the ice, she could not hear it, but she was not listening. Confused and scared as she was, she didn't know what to do and didn't know how to help. She had never been in a fight, hardly seen a fight, and though she counted Apodis as a friend she wasn't sure she was ready to start now. Imagine how it would ruin her pretty pelt.

K A H L U A

Hidden Account
Eaglecry

Apodis

The tip of the bone horn, dug deep into his muscular shoulder, sending a shiver of pleasure through his warrior demeanor. Muscles twitching under the pressure of the blade. Waking up his deep kept skills from their long embodied hibernation. A sinister smile spread across his coffee stained muzzle. One that showed a love of fighting, but held a slight predator look to it. Golden brown pools watched his target as they then proceeded to look upon the mark she had left with the sword upon her crown. His smile widened at the sight of the crimson fluid slowly leaking out, staining his sandy coloured pelt with a scarlet mark. "Now i have reason to kill you" he spat, with that same sinister smile, his words laced with poison. His nostrils flared, making a noise as if he was laughing at her. She had certainly woke the beast inside him, a dangerous thing to do.

The surface was slick, too smooth to get any traction, but that did not matter to him. A clumsy fight could be all that he needed to succeed. He watched her through hungry eyes, waiting for the first move, a sign. Something to tell him she would launch her muddy and gold tinged pelt, towards him. Her colouring was almost that of the opposite to his, both shared the same dappling across torso's, just she was dark with pale legs of a golden hue. Where as he was dipped with darker points. He practically licked his lips with anticipation. All his focus was upon the horned one now, everything else around him was just blackness, even Kahlua was not there to him.

The pale stallion positioned himself ready for attack, facing his opponent fully, staring right into her side. Saliva built up in his mouth, dripping from his lips, dropping to the floor with a wet sounding, plop. Not being able to wait any long, he launched. His haunches sliding under him as he propelled himself forward. Sliding even as he lost traction, but that didn't stop his move, it just about helped him towards her that much easier, as his front legs rose from the ground and he threw his whole weight at her, knowing that she would not be able to escape fast on such a surface, but there was a chance she could. His hooves aimed for her ribs along with the rest of his propelled frame, all aimed towards her. Aiming to knock the breath out of her.

@[Kahlua] @[Illynx]
"Talk Talk Talk"

image credits
table by whit
Lines by bronzehalo

JESUS FOR THE JUGULAR //

Apodis! cried the painted mare as Illynx drove forward, her lips sinister and cruel as her horn found flesh and sent a spray of red fluid to the slick terrain. She did not notice the change in the stallion's demeanor, so involved in the flow and bend of her own body was the mynx, so accustomed to living every second of her life in the state of predatory rage that Apodis seemed able to feel only when pushed to the edge. They had done nothing to bring her wrath down upon them other than being born. Illynx did, however, manage to cling to the center fibers of herself in such moments of disgust, maintaining her focus on the world around her even as the desire to spread their bodies like a layer of butter across the ice ate away at her mind like thousands of oxygen imbued flames.

Much to her pleasure, the mare stood along the outskirts of the rumble between the golden unicorn and the coffee-hued buckskin much as she had expected her to. As Apodis threatened her life, that razor rimmed grin turned upon him, a giggle so similar to miasmic gas leaking out from her lungs at the sheer humor of the statement. "Kill me?" breathily laughed the wicked damsel, drops of blood running down the length of her most favored appendage as her features rose to meet the savage gaze of the land rodent, "Better men have tried. Would you care to ask their bones how dead I am now?" Still curved, her lips haunted every word she spoke, her lack of fear and utter contempt for the pair of hornless as plain as the light breeze that scattered the powder clinging to the surface of the frozen water in a rippling dance of light and ice.

The menace upon her mask faded in the slightest as she noticed the drool seeping from the corners of the stallion's mouth, replaced with a slight grimace of horror; what a dog! Even Osiris had not drooled all upon the sand when taunted, and in all honesty, she had half expected him to. But this? Even as the stallion charged towards her, any fear or worry she may have had over the daft man was thrown aside by his complete lack of decency. An edge grew around her resolve, her hatred a palpable flavor on her tongue.

Like the queen of frost she was, so used to slick surfaces in her mountain home and not keen on having her ass handed to her in a brawl she had initiated, the arabian-like damsel lunged forward as soon as she found good purchase beneath her hooves, the crescents digging into the stiff surface with loud clacks and creaks that carried her mostly out of the way of the incoming horse. Always the clever combatant and aware that she could not completely evade the assault on such surfaces, however, Illynx also modified her movement to pull her features around the right by about thirty-five degrees just as the raised hooves of the equine met with her fleshy hip, welts rising and pain a nuisance as her hind quarter skittered away under the impact, her front legs spread broad to support her weight as it pivoted around her planted front right.

She did not wait for her hind end to complete it's slide before she plunged herself back towards the side of the buckskin, hoping to use his forward momentum against him; if all had gone as planned, they were now lined up in a parallel of sorts, giving the mare ample room to teach the man precisely why he would never be half the being she was. Crimson streaked and gleaming, her weapon once again sought out the flesh of the equine, this time hungry for his right flank or hip brought within range by his charge. No mercy was given the stallion as there might have been in a battle against a more honorable opponent; savage and visceral she struck one blow after another, a flourish of movement that sent her gold-streaked mane flying all about her elegant crown and curved neck. As soon as she felt the horn had been sufficient in its tasks, her fores gripped down hard on the slick surface once more, hinds rising several inches from the ground as her muscular chest and ribs flexed and bowed under the weight of her body, hind legs kicking out hard to strike at his ribs or shoulder should they still be within the reach of her assaults.
tablebykite [ CREDITS ]

Now I have a reason to kill you, the words sent a shudder down the mare's spine that she could not stop. The cold was biting, frightfully so, and she was not warmed by the situation that had unfolded so suddenly before her. Out of plain pure and unadulterated terror, the mare skidded backwards on the ice until she felt her hooves press against the back. She took her first step back onto solid ground and watched in confused disgust as the kind stallion she had traveled with began to drool in anticipation of the hunt. And the golden dipped mare. Somewhere under her fear, Kahlua felt a feeling well up within her that she had not experienced in a long time. She was angry. This mare had ruined her perfectly good day. Even stupid Kahlua could figure that much out.

Having backed herself all the way onto solid ground, the mare watched for a few minutes longer as the two danced an intricate dance. In her own head, a war waged that was almost as furious as the one on the ice before her. Her jigging hooves told the tale. She wanted to run, every fiber in her being told her to run as fast and as far away as she could. She did not want to be involved in this. The other part of her told her that Apodis was fighting for her, at least in some small part, and how could she abandon her ally and new found friend to the terrors of the golden wench? Finally, after what seemed forever, she came to an uneasy solution.

“Stop it!” She cried out suddenly, her voice barely loud enough to hear over the din of crashing hooves. “STOP IT! STOP IT! STOP IT!” She yelled more insistently this time, stamping her hoof like a spoiled child. And in some ways, she felt like a child. Her mind flashed back to a time in history when her mother, the queen, had been taken and enjoyed by a stallion that was not the king. Had they fought then, when her father, the Preacher king had found out about terrible deed? She could hear their yelling through the winds now like it was yesterday. Shaking her head to rid herself of the memory, Kahlua found that her eye were wetter than they were meant to be. No tears fell yet, but the feud in her head was causing her stress that she was not prepared to deal with. How much longer could she hold the flood gates back?

K A H L U A