the Rift

Black Snowflakes [Challenge, Thor]

Adrixaura Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

A d r i x a u r a
hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die,
then life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.
Her journey was short, her tail of hoofprints in the sea of white snow having been covered by the snows of Frostfall. She might of been able to arrive earlier if her child, a young filly whose name was Sikeax, hadn't begged to go. Adrixaura found the might at one point to tell the child the truth, where as the foal walked off to the darker shadows of their cave. Without words of good-bye, the mare left to go on her mission.
Trees eloped around her body, thin holes in the canopy of trees allowing moonlight and starlight to come in. Words hadn't broken the seal her lips made yet, her silence creating an eery feel to her body. With the Pine Trees staring down upon her, blocking out the light, she felt a million eyes upon her body. A goal was ahead, and it was simple, if only she was able to not come out wounded severely. Chemical and Tonka had fallen prisoner to the World's Edge, leaving the Assassin's with a gap. Her only thoughts were as of what she was supposed to say when she came upon her target. That target in this night (or is it day? Who even knows anymore....) was a stallion called Thor, who when rumour of the stallion reacted her, she went for him other than just the better known lead.
Claustrophobia nipped at her heals, thinnest of white feathering falling over her black hooves like silk. Steam rose from her nostrils with each breath, thin crunches underneath her hooves when the ice under snow broke to her weight. How is it anyone even cares for this place? She groans at a slight slip in the snow, fast to regain her balance. If the stallion came upon her with her lying about in the snow, then for sure she'd be done for.
Quick halt, she stands still, pale blue eyes searching for movement in the shadows for any souls that would pass them by. Her throat clears, and she prepares for her intentions to be known. "Thor of the World's Edge, we have issues to discuss. Rumour has spoken of you well, and has told me you're a lead in the Edge now. I hope I have not been lied to." Emotion is held off from the words, giving it more of a deathly feel when she calls across the land. Animals in the snow flee from her. Her voice is a call they do not wish to answer to.
Silence falls in as the clouds above fall in a haste, threatening for their snowflakes to fall. Winds stab her with icy fingers, running them over her back and receving a shiver from her. Her view remains straight forward as she waits out the man. He seems to take her time, when she is in a rush to get what she needs. "Thor, I've called upon you for the issue of the Assassin prisoners. I am Adrixaura, leader of the Assassins as your capture of Tonka and Chemical. Either we may creature some sort of agreement that shall end in the releasement of the Assassin prisoners, or we fight. If in a fight, whoever wins shall not go prisoner to the victor. Upon your victory, I shall leave and not bother you anymore. Upon my victory, you shall return to your duties in the Edge as a lead while Tonka and Chemical, and if Chemical has given birth, shall return home with me. Agree?"
She falls quiet, the winds picking up the snow. A ghost between the trees, her white body could not be more visible. How was she to care as of how she was a ghost. Though, if she dare become a ghost in this battle, then others are to fear the hatred and fury of an aggressive Poltergiest.

OOC: Retyped it.
Summary: Adrixaura challenges Thor of the World's Edge for the release of Tonka, Chemical, and Chemical's foal if she has foaled. Neither shall fall prisoner to each other, regardless of who wins.
Setting: Area east of the World's Edge, surrounded by Pine Trees and Hardwood Trees(Oak, Sycamore, et cetera) that grow tall enough to block out the sky. The Moon and it's followers of stars are lost in the clouds that threaten snowfall. The snow upon the ground is about four to six inches deep with a layer of ice underneath. A slip and slide can be here and there, but a fall is unlikely. Claustrophobia is created by the closeness of the trees, and stream rises with each exhale. Frostfall winds come and go, giving a colder feel to the air.

image credits
table by whit

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

THOR
Darkness fell over the land with a terrible vengeance. It was sickening to find the sky so lightless in the absence of the moon… Had the Goddess forsaken us? It had been some time now since I had become WeyrLeader of the Edge but I finally felt as if everything were falling into place, or as much as it could after the death of Tamira. At times the news left me feeling empty and broken but I often found myself trying to ignore the pain by allowing the serene chill of Frostfall to numb my senses. However, old threats would not lie dormant and upon hearing my name lifted to the heavens for the sake of battle, for the sake of testing these old bones- for what I wasn’t sure- I was more than eager to find out. While I found it curious that one could not challenge me within my own home, I was more than willing to oblige them with the brute force that had lead me blindly against Mirage in a spar meant to measure my tact for the position of WingLeader. However, now I would have to rely on her words of advice to lead me through yet another skirmish that would eventually come to define me not only as a leader but as a man as well. This was my moment of truth and how I came to discover it would only give me reason to decide whether or not I was truly fit to rule the Edge alongside the DragonHeart herself.

The snowy grounds seemed to give way beneath me which made the trek to my borders seem endless. I knew that a creature my size would have trouble keeping proper footing upon the hardened winter plains, but if I were to keep my head about me then I would have no problem maintaining the strategy such disadvantages would raise. My heart fluttered against my breast and the impending danger seemed to make my muscles clench with anticipation as I grew nearer my assailant. I was certainly eager to look upon the face that thought it wise to challenge me after such heartache and suffering in the name of Torasin, Solstice, and Tamira. Perhaps this was all I needed to release the pent up emotions that sought to drown me in their masses- and how the Goddess knew I desired release.

Through the trees, I found my intent. She wore the faintest of ivories upon her skin and though she was hauntingly beautiful, she was a threat nonetheless. However, upon opening her delicate mouth, I was more than pleased and disgusted to find that she represented the Assassins, upon whose lead we now entertained in our midst. I smiled kindly at the mare, quietly grazing over her physique and consequent advantages and disadvantages. She was similar in size to Mirage, though perhaps a bit taller. Yet still, I towered above her so much so that it was necessary for me to drop my eyes in order to find her own. I smiled kindly at the girl, humored by her attempts to make good by me in spite of what she had come here to do. Slowly, my lips parted as if I were trying to consider her offer before I nodded slowly, a steely grimace replacing whatever amiability had existed in the wake of her introduction. “Your intentions are honorable girl, but I cannot let you leave with your valuable prisoners… May this night be a reminder, to you and all those who worship your clan, a firm message from the Edge- disband or we shall do it for you.

With that, I gathered myself, gleaning from my previous spar with Mirage and moved forth at a slow lope, careful of where I placed my feet along the snowy ground. At times my hooves seemed to slip against the icy texture of the forest floor and while the towering pines seemed to block out the light of even the nearby lanterns, the pale mare was easy to see even in the darkness that made Helovia seem like the pits of hell itself. The nameless girl stood face to face with me and while she must certainly hear my approach, I hoped that it would be hard for her to see much of me due to my dark coat and the shadows that laced me in their hopeful embrace. I knew that I only had this moment to make my attack and I also knew that I wanted it to be powerful because as the larger animal in this fight, I was working with more bulk and strain than she. As I rounded to her left side, I snaked my head low and bared my teeth desiring to catch her awaiting flesh with vicious revenge.

Summary: Thor accepts the challenge and then proceeds to lope slowly forward, careful to keep his balance on the snowy ground and aim bared teeth for her left shoulder and left side.
Word Count: 800
Magic/Companions: 0/1
it used to be the reason I breathed but now it's choking me up
die young and save yourself

background pattern by gripspix @ flickr.com
codes by whit

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Unregistered

A d r i x a u r a
She never seemed to find herself alone for that long. In the night, there was the soft "crunch" and "crack" when the embodiment of the draft stallion appeared. Her thin smile came across her face, looking him down as he spoke. The lack of words now seemed eery as she was speaking more earlier, though, a nod of her head tells him that surely she understands his words. Upon their formal (or was it truly unformal? She was currently carrying more of action than thought), she let him take upon his first move.
Darkness couldn't play her as well as it did him. In what light she was able to view him in, the height of him alone could make you shake alone. His wings seemed small, yet how was she to tell? The night took too much from her when it came in. There before her, his movements partially seen and majority heard, was a man of strength that if he hit her head could kill. An act of bravery and show of ultimate strength that spoke 'I shall not fall like others. Instead, I shall stand in the path of death itself and fight with my bare hands as a true Assassin.' The first act he attempted upon her was from her left, near her shoulder.
He didn't hit the withers, but with his head lowered in an awkward style that left his neck free for her attack. Her own body having still carried the bruteness of her grandsire's proud Friesian blood, yet with the agility of her granddam's Arabian elegance, her quick movement seemed brought down by the not-the-best agility of an Appaloosa horse she protrayed. Muscles burst underneath white skin, and she moved her long, slightly curved neck towards his bay neck. The black hooves placed in the snow moved fast, hind legs somewhat side-stepping with too much speed before remembering there was the ice under the snow, and she slid across the ice and snow momentarly before recentering her balance. During the time of that motion, he had gotten lucky enough to get her shoulder, mid-way up towards the center. Her teeth still remained bared, and her aim was set upon his neck.
Ice might of played better for her as she recentered herself with less ease, never complaining because they'd both being fighting the same battle to the snow. A scraping noise became known as her front legs pushed under her round barrel slightly. She found her next target, and with more balance now, moved towards his left barrel. A medium sized head went for the ribs, the few before his abdomen began. Hopefully her flat, plain-like forehead could make a collision with his wing or barrel without annoyance from his high-stepping gait. This was her way to make up for the 270-degree turn in the ice.
Thin blood fell from her shoulder, the wound not bleeding excessively, just leaking slow and steady like a lazy creek. An inner groan was inside of her head as she thought of how she going to get that out of her coat. You're going to pay for that, Little Birdy. Calling him 'Little Birdy' should of made her laugh, but it never did. It was the idea of him smacking her with a wing that made her more enraged. Rage would the end of her here, head flying towards his stomach with the bones of her mouth exposed like they could be hit out with ease.
No, a girl doesn't ever let herself fall when a man beats her. She stands up and remains the fight, pushing onward.

WC: 601 last time I checked
Summary: Lets him charge her, though as he nears her turns and slides upon the ice and snow in a 270. Bite hits her shoulder midway, leaving just enough of a break in the skin to bleed a small amount. Turns herself using the ice and attacks, attempting to ram her head into his stomach or ribs, with attempts to attack his small wing on his left side.
Magic/Companion: 0/1

OOC: Holy carp, I messed up the first post by accident will getting my table. :(
Please ignore my failure up there. Kindle posts are hard one. :/

Summary of First Post because I messed it up: Challenges Thor for the release of Assassin prisoners, allowing him first attack
image credits
table by whit

THOR
The finality of my choice to advance came crashing down around me as my teeth scourged flesh meant only for beauty. Already, I knew that this would be a quick fight due to her obvious inexperience which I quickly became aware of as she slid away from me along the ice. Her confidence was not enthralling and when she gathered the courage to return my malicious attack, her waiting jowls were only lucky enough to catch the base of a wing that was altogether useless to me in the first place. However, the pain that sprung from the futile appendage was enough to make my grit my teeth as I slowed once more to a lofty trot so that I might be able to angle myself away from the Assassin without falling prey to the icy terrain below. This time when my plan began to form flawlessly behind anxious lips, I felt more like the King that I claimed to be.

Again, I shifted into a slow lope, one that would allow me to close the distance between the mare and I.

Logic seemed to overwhelm me as I grew closer to the ghostly apparition of an assassin that was in truth, not an assassin at all. A deep, dark chuckle fell from my lips at her expense as my feet fell heavily along the snow-covered forest floor. At times my shoulders seemed to shift violently as I struggled to keep my balance upon the snow, but as I came within mere feet of my adversary I stopped short to sidle up along her right side. Her rump was to my face now and vice versa and even though there still stood enough room to invite another creature between us, I made sure not to wait long before I lifted my front end in order to strike her back right cannon. I wanted her disabled and furthermore unable to move so that I might be able to end this quickly and I knew that I was still within seconds of her becoming coherent enough to recognize such an assault. My mind raced once again as I began to move away from her once more, hoping that her leg would be weakened by such a fatal blow. I wasn’t sure if should would be able to follow me upon my descent, but I knew that if I didn’t steer clear of her soon, I would be facing the consequences.

As the night drew on and the sky peered down upon us, I took a few fleeting moments to reflect on the pain that surged from my wing and into my shoulder. She had tried to push her face against my ribs but I had been out of her range after such a failing loss to the ice; at least she was clever enough to regain balance and land a decent blow to my useless wing. I was pleased to admit that I was not quite worse for wear in spite of my heaving sides from trying to maneuver so quickly along the icy ground. If I could regain my breath from the strain of trying to remain upright, I would be more than ready for my next attack, but of course, I knew that within moments, I would once again be facing this assassin… But that’s not to say that I wasn’t more than ready to disarm her not only in the name of victory but in the name of the Edge. She had summoned me in hopes that she would not have to face the DragonHeart, but I had a few things in store if she thought she was simply going to walk away with success, for Mirage was not the only “dragon” in the Edge.

Word Count: 700
Summary: Upon grazing the mare’s shoulder, Thor endured her bite to his left wing. After such, he moved away from her long enough to turn around and come back around to her right side in order to rise up and strike towards her back right cannon bone. After that, he moved away from her again so that he is once again facing her head on.
Post(s): 2/4
Amulets: 0/2

codes by whit

Unregistered

A d r i x a u r a
Customs wouldn't make her smile and laugh over the inury she gave him. The attempt for revenge as of her personal bloodshed came fast when she hit the base of his wing, and got what she was losing. Her bleeding shoulder might of stopped the bleeding, or at least slowed by now, but with their constant movement of engagement, the blood slithered like a snake down her shoulder.
Her recoil was fast paced, this time completely aware of the snow and ice as she moved at a slower motion. Sight saw his gritting teeth, acknowledging her she atleast dealt pain to the King. A giggle falls, girlish and joy. If Myrsk had never died on her, then for sure he'd be asking her as of why she was laughing at this. There never time to think about her little Blue Jay as he moved.
The distinct feelings of eyes upon the back of her head came upon her as she heard snow and ice move. He came upon her from the right, and his chuckle usually would of resulted in her just rolling her eyes in a mare's annoyance. Today it gave out the dark aura to this situation. Nighttime makes us to monsters. She was for sure he was going to attack her from behind, and instinct kicked in like a bomb went off. Any female would of done what she did.
When he reared, careless to her own safety but aware of her imediate actions, she kicked out. Black hooves fell out from the snow, both of their balances centered awkwardly when upon two hooves instead of four. The flame in her chest was a wildfire, roaring and screaming out for her to do what she wanted. What was to stop her? Hatred and revenge, safety of others. Her hooves touched ground, and the front pair kicked into action, not with the back receiving a slight injury to her right hock, the result a wound that would cause pain, but not enough to fail at. She wasn't weak like he wanted her to be, and he seemed to be unestimating her.
Front legs in action, hind legs prepared but asking for some form of mercy from pain, she let herself fling powdery snow upon to his eyes and face. Just to blind and disorientate him for the time it would take to use ice to her advantage. With snow flying behind her, she slid, careful to keep her balance, and positioned herself towards a tall oak tree. Dead leaves were lacked around it's core, and in the moonlight shadow, she stared him down. Emotion lacked from her eyes, she only wished to remind him that she was aware of every action taken.
Vision remained locked, the actual striking appearance of the orbs in her face taking true effect. His heaving sides and steam bursting from their nostrils showed the effects of this battle. Her head recoiled, and she smirked, confident with herself much more as she stared him down. She locked eyes with him for a second that seemed to last for hours. "No breaks, Thor. Or do you want to call it off with your defeat? We're only just starting to have fun. Words neither threat nor tease, she lets her smirk disappear with ease. If she had eyebrows (and at times, they would be useful for a joking manner with the idiots she was surrounded by), she would of raised one at him in a playful tease.
Come at me, boy. Please, you're so much fun to have around. Bleeding slows on her shoulder, the icy air touching it with a mad scientist's enthusiam. Pain bursts through her leg like thunder claps in a storm, asking her why she got herself in his. There isn't time to reflect, just time to let this big brute take actions. "I'll be patient if I must."
WC: 649
Summary: Kicks out when he comes behind her, and then lunges forward to spray powdery snow at him for disorientation. Receives injury to upper right cannon, near the hock. Moves beside a nearby tree and allows him for an attack while teasing him in a playful manner

image credits
table by whit

THOR
It’s a funny thing to witness how time seems to slow when fate is riding high upon its steely winds. The moment a single, dished hoof made connection with the tender right cannon bone of my opponent, I felt like flying. However, only in the general sense of word because of course I was now allowed such privileges. I wasn’t proud that my glory had been ripped from me at birth, but at least I was never given the chance to experience the wind against my face as I soared or the taste of mountain air from their peaks. Without these small treasures I could only wonder about them… I would never have to truly miss them. But this mare- she was a different story altogether. She would have to learn to cope without her leaders, without their guidance, and without victory. I would not be overthrown.

I could nearly taste the sweet blood of success coursing down her shoulder and the idea made me ravenous. I was eager for more, brilliant and alive with the notion of defeat, always burning for the end of the battle so that I could claim to be her successor. Without this fool to properly guide the Assassins, as wounded physically as she would certainly be mentally, all hope would be lost. For what reason would they have to remain? What god awful plans could they devise that would make any damn sense after realizing that the Edge was an impenetrable wall? Because we were in fact impalpable, ironclad, unwavering—

Slight awe beseeched my former confidence as the flash of hooves could be seen slow and steady before me as I landed a half rear to the girl’s fragile back right cannon. I can’t say that I didn’t expect such a thing because it had certainly crossed my mind a time or two upon my ascent into the attack, but it still caught me off guard. The assassin was lucky enough to graze the left side of my chest with an untrained blow, but it was not as powerful as it might have been coming from a mare like Mirage. The left breast screeched beneath the flame of new pain and while I was still recovering from her assault, she attempted to add insult to injury by circling back around and using her injured hind end to fling snow and ice up toward my face. Some of the snow managed to lick my face, but it was not enough to blind me as she had been wanting.

Now that the mare had moved into the trees on my right, she had inadvertently given me more than enough time to strategize a working plan. However, her taunts were enough to make me smile to myself. No breaks says the one who now evades me. I do not allow her my attention and instead move slowly toward her, eyes wide and clear, searching and destroying. I move with steady grace, my legs tense and my sides heaving. I have decided that in these remaining minutes I will have to step up my course of action. I need to pursue with the strength of a dragon, fire or no fire. In one fluid motion I gather my haunches and they spring me forward with vicious control. I am sent flying towards the assassin, her ivory coat doing nothing to hide her away in the ethereal darkness. I am careful to control where my hooves fall and how heavily they do so in case the ice should send my sprawling across the forest floor, but as I draw nearer, I slow enough to straighten my neck and bare yellowed teeth.

This time I do not aim for her shoulder and instead replace my target with the sweet flesh of her tender neck. My steady trot will lead me along her right side but my aim is more centered and true. I long to terrorize the flesh of her throat but I know that such an attack could be easily avoided and so I aim lower, just above her right breast. If I connect fully, I know that I am capable of stealing a mass of assassin flesh, so to ensure my success I let loose a high pitched wail to throw the mare off guard. It lifts to the heavens and soars past the stars. Anyone near enough to hear my desperate battle song would certainly be influenced to pause in their fruitless activities- for such a chorus could only be heard in the pits of hell. If she wanted to play a game of distraction then she would have to endure this one as well. She would have no idea what was coming and I was more than obliging when it came to the element of surprise.

Word Count: 800
Summary: Thor lands most of his blow to the back right cannon bone, but before doing such, is grazed across his left breast by a last minute kick. When the mare moves away from him he is left standing in the open and even though the mare tries to blind him with the snow it’s not enough to reach his eyes not only because of their size difference but also due to her recent injury. So when she retreats to the woods lining Thor’s right side, he uses the time alone to come up with a plan. As soon as he does, he starts to lope towards the mare and cries out as loud as he can [NOT a battle cry] so that he can distract her while he moves in to bite her neck above her right breast.
Amulets: 0/2

codes by whit

Unregistered

A d r i x a u r a
Her taunts always got to someone, and she perched her eyes upon his wounded chest, it brought out a smile in her. The wound on her leg was ignored as much as she knew it was there, but her mind was set upon the stallion. Curiousity was set at him as she watched the gears in his head turn. A soft chuckle falls out of her, taunting him even more. When he lunges, she is already trying to step backwards and sideways to use the tree as her natural barrier. With the wound, it seemed better just to have him be drawn in, and then just work out the plan as it went. His brute strength wasn't always going to get him anywhere.
The lunge he burst into was responsed with a lazy roll of the eyes as she got her barrel halfway to the Oak. Ice crackled underneath her hooves, asking her polite questions as her plan. Answers? The answer was more of just being 'sit back and watch' type of thing, and as he yelled, she looked upon in confusion. He was close enough that she could make her attack, but his call caught her in some sort dumbfounded moment while she was surged in a wave of what she was considering stupidity. Why? Why? WHY THE FUCK DO YOU SURROUND ME WITH IDIOTS?! Her thoughts were of annoyance, clearly she wasn't exactly pleased with his actions.
He came close enough to her when that devilish grin of her's slipped across her face, his head lowered and going for her breast. She could of laughed at how he left himself out in the open like that. Her head moved with grace, muscles of her once proud grandsire who was raised as a draft soldier powering her own. Teeth barred, she went for the most tend part of anyone's body. The eye.
With her own personal attack like that, she knew he could hit her somewhere awkward. In a weird turn of events, he caught the right shoulder, grabbing and pulling at a piece of her white hide, and along with that. her mane. Her hair tugged a bit before she heard the sound of breaking strands. Her eyes could of been made of gasoline about that time. As a kid, if you ever watched a child's TV show, you would of seen the occasional angered character have his eyes burst into flames when he was angry. Let yourself imagine Adrixaura in that position, without the literal flames.
The flame itself resided in her chest, gasoline poured down to the black flame her heart had turned into after the treatment received by Kanai.
She was unsure as of going for his eye now, but had gone for it, and his left ear was just there. A brown thing sticking upwards from his mat of black mane, she went for it with her mouth open and ready for that one price. Revenge is always a bitch, and they always say you're never supposed to mess up a lady's hair.

WC: 507
Summary: Taunts Thor even more while trying to slip behind the nearest tree. Becomes confused at his call, and takes a bite to the shoulder and loses some of her mane. While he goes for the shoulder, she goes for his eye. At the loss of her mane, attempts to go for his ear.

OOC: She isn't trying to tear out an eyeball or pull of an ear, Just going for biting it. Don't worry.

Summary of First Post because I messed it up: Challenges Thor for the release of Assassin prisoners, allowing him first attack
image credits
table by whit

THOR
The connection was sweet. Flesh and hair and blood all clenched between my teeth- it felt natural. I suppose you could say that I lost myself to the insanity of it all because I’m quite certain that somewhere along the way I’d lost my brain entirely. It was no longer a matter of logic or motive, but rather the natural desire for confrontation and success. I was a male and I found that as such, I had no problem relieving myself through the rapid fire of release in battle. If I had not been cool and collected before, I was certainly beginning to succumb to such restraints now. My body spoke before my mind could even process what was happening around me; it was sweet, it was primal, and it was absolutely invigorating.

Skin hung across my teeth as I dipped my face low in order to avoid a counter attack from the Assassin girl. I was not surprised to find that she had tried to grapple for my face, as predictable as she was. But of course at the awkward angle in which she moved, she was only able to wrap her yellowed stumps around a bit of my mane. The resulting tear set vicious flames to the crest from which the thick strands hung, but I was pushing through the pain before she could think she’d gotten the best of me. By distracting her, I had given myself enough time to rake the tender flesh of her right fore-shoulder. It certainly wasn’t what I had been aiming for, but it was certainly enough to make me steer away from her once more and into the trees standing tall beyond.

Now that I was careening away from her right side, I took advantage of the “downtime” by strategizing one last plan, one last point of victorious movement so that I might be done with the juvenile attempts this girl kept making to prove a point. A point would never be won on her behalf, or the Assassins. When would they finally just give up?

The ice welled up around my toes and gave me enough steady traction to slow to a lumbering trot. The darkness concealed my every move even if it did not keep the mare from hearing my lofty footfall. She had chosen to hide herself away between the trees so I decided to use them to my utmost advantage. If I could pin her against the very same tree she had used to shield herself with, I might be able to render her breathless by using the force of my own body to crush her whole upper half between myself and the oak she had taken such a liking to. With the darkness as my cloak and the snow as a buffer to soften the sound of my ascent, I accelerated marginally and drew back in to her right side. When I was close enough to spot her ghostly coat through the trees, I paused.

There I was, still enough to alert my prey to an oncoming attack, but unpredictable enough to keep her guessing as to what I had in mind. With a little power thrown back into my hulking haunches, I lunged forward once again toward her right side. I was quite certain that she would be expecting a bite or a kick, but would she assume that I had another plan up my sleeve? I knew that I would be opening myself up to an attack, but if she was rendered useless by a fit of coughing or even just mild confusion, it would be enough for me.

The ascent seemed slow in spite of the speed that closed the distance between us with relative ease. I hoped that once I made contact, she would be left gasping, clawing desperately for the air she craved. When I collided into what I thought to be the right side of her stomach, I made sure to throw all of my weight into the attack. After that, I used the remaining seconds to try and latch happily onto her withers, hoping to connect not only with the flesh there but the bone as well. I needed to feel this last bit of victory between my teeth before I was once again sent careening into the ethereal night, spinning and dancing upon the ice like a demon seeking its eminent demise.

Word Count: 734
Summary: Thor is bitten on the neck/mane (mane is ripped from his neck) before he runs away into the woods to the right of the mare. When he returns, he plans to use the tree she was standing next to in order to crush her upper half between the two. He returns to her right side and hopes to use the force of his speed and power of his body to render her useless via a coughing fit. He also tries to bite at her withers as his last attack.

codes by whit

@[Adrixaura]

Unregistered

A d r i x a u r a
She was sure his brute size was always going to be his downfall, and in the end, it would be. What mane she tore off was quickly spit out, leaving her to watch him take off into the woods. Coward. That was the word she was using to describe him, and she smiled at the idea of calling him that. He ran from her like a frightened dog, but the tree wasn't always a smart thing. She kept one eye on the place he'd gone to, and attempted to back up. Her leg caused a more than noticeable limp, weight placed upon causing it yell at her 'What are you thinking?!' It bothered her, but after a recovery from burns as a child, the pain was meaningless. Each backwards step was awkward and short.
He returned, yes, they always do. His presence remained her of a certain man from her past, creating pure hate for him. His family had taken the family that had accepted her when she was a lost meaningless soul. How dare they do such a thing? Revenge was going to come, just watch.
When the charge came, she'd gotten her mid-neck area and everything back alway from the tree. He seemed stupid, and when she watched with her curiousity, he almost hit her. Height played her well, causing him to miss his mark during her slow escape. Her neck was caught between the arched area between his chest and neck, and in a desperate attempt to flee him, pulled her head out of what hole she was given by. Her ears listened for the 'thud' that would come when he ran himself into the tree, and as she held them flat, he bit her mane, again.
This time, it didn't bother her much. Hair grew back pretty fast with her young state, and the wounds would heal completely before Tallsun came and marked her year in Helovia. A year of unique times, and this one resulting in one of her favourite times. This day/night would be remembered as the night she fought a king, and came out with her family. Family meant the world, and Thor had yet to understand this thing. Was he going to battle, giving himself away while taking injuries to rescue his family? She didn't believe he ever did, and that their prisoners were just to strike fear into their souls.
And for what? A shiny amulet?! Nope, just for sick satisfaction of knowing they'd won through being bullies and brutes.
Her teeth went for his chest, just wanting to add insult to injury. The leg was enough to make her want to rest, but it's not over yet. Her legs scrambled in an unnatural way, forcing the wounded leg to work the way she wanted it to. Would injury ever bring her to death? No. As a child, she veiwed family members that bore scars that even the sight of those scars could make a stomach churn. The idea of what they looked like when fresh would of brought you to your knees. She wasn't going to fall to her knees because of a wound. Warriors stand tall, and fight.
When she found herself at a safer distance from him, standing eight feet away from him, she smirked with a teasing manner. There weren't going to be much more, just him and her finishing this off.
Ice the cake, would you please? I don't want it to go unfinished when it looks so delicious.

Summary: Attempts to back away from the tree, but finds it difficult with her leg's current condition. Her movements of the hind leg are difficult, but she forces work. He catches her head and partial neck when trying to push her into the tree, yet through a pull and strain, slips her head free. His bite tears a lock of her mane about two inches back from where her pinned down ears end while she lunges from his chest/shoulder area for a bite. Later she moves away, standing about eight feet away from him and the tree, where she taunts him.
WC: 585

@[Thor]
image credits
table by whit

Will get to this Tuesday. Work is sapping at my free time.

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
21 days have passed. Thor defaults to Adrixaura.
Adrixaura receives 1.5 VP.
Tonka and Chemical are not released to Adrixaura as they have been taken captive by the Foothills.